Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I'm not sure why you wouldn't buy an Xbox One for a Kingdom Hearts game, the reanimated corpse of the Halo franchise, and to reward a multi-billion dollar corporation for not going through with their horrible policies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

That loving Sned posted:

I'm not sure why you wouldn't buy an Xbox One for a Kingdom Hearts game, the reanimated corpse of the Halo franchise, and to reward a multi-billion dollar corporation for not going through with their horrible policies.

Plus it's weaker than the PS4 and costs a $100 more! I mean, man, that's a loving steal if I ever saw one.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Since Disney bought a certain company, it's been possible for years for a certain movie to appear in a KH game. I would love it if they included it as a world late in the game and never, ever mention it to the press. The first players to reach it would watch Sora and his friends lose consciousness upon approaching an Earth-like world. Fade to black. Then, the beginning of this song plays and Pants. Are. Shat.

Donald and Goofy need to look like vintage Disney toys.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Oct 17, 2013

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Gologle posted:

Eeeeh, Mickey's a good guy, and he wields a keyblade of darkness, which makes sense to me because of that whole thing they've been trying (and what with the Heartless and Nobodies and anybody besides Riku who uses the power of darkness, failing) to do where light and darkness are balanced for each other and neither is evil.

This is the moment I realize I am getting too much sucked back into KH when I start to care about the plot and lore details of a series that feature the main characters transforming into animals and beating down giant monsters with a weapon between their jaws. Time to go play Asura's Wrath again.

For some reason the only thing that I still wonder about, even with all the craziness, is why did Riku and Mickey start wearing the organization gear before kh2. There's something about them infiltrating the organization but what, why, and how can you pretend to be part of something that famously has a certain number of members.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
It also protects you from the Darkness between worlds, too, I recall. Not a bad choice for them, then.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

There are keyblades of light and keyblades of darkness. Sheesh it's like none of you were paying attention to the thousands of hours of boring cutscenes :v:

There are also keyblades of heart. Outsperged. :smug:

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Iceclaw posted:

It also protects you from the Darkness between worlds, too, I recall. Not a bad choice for them, then.

"protects against darkness" is scribbled somewhere down in the margins, beside a big all caps "BLACK CLOAKS"

at the top of the page reads "KEYBLADE WAR"

Fojar38 posted:

But see, I also like Halo and some of the Xbone exclusives look pretty neat.

Skip Halo, play Destiny instead (and it's on both platforms)

Halo : Destiny :: Guitar Hero : Rock Band. The dude who called Halo a reanimated corpse is right - the studio that made the game you love has moved on to a new series. Move with them. Play the game, not the name.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
There was only one keyblade of heart.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Can we make our batshit plot predictions for KH3 yet? Time travel dickery: Xehanort is actually the son of Sora and Kairi.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Can we make our batshit plot predictions for KH3 yet? Time travel dickery: Xehanort is actually the son of Sora and Kairi.

Xehanort was Ansem all along

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Thus far we have established that Everyone = Sora.

Furthermore, we have established that Everyone = Ansem = Xehanort.

Therefore, logic dictates that the reveal of KH3 is that Sora = Xehanort.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Spiffo posted:

"protects against darkness" is scribbled somewhere down in the margins, beside a big all caps "BLACK CLOAKS"

at the top of the page reads "KEYBLADE WAR"

Well, yeah, but considering it's design for a vidja game charactere, pretty much every element is bound to boil down to wanting to convey sometinh like that at some level.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Iceclaw posted:

Well, yeah, but considering it's design for a vidja game charactere, pretty much every element is bound to boil down to wanting to convey sometinh like that at some level.

Yeah but Mickey Mouse in a black hood looks really really dumb.

Like, I understand the whole "protects you from using the dark passageways, keeps the darkness from eating away at your heart", but then it's like why do the nobodies wear them since they should be able to use the dark passageways with impunity (no hearts to eat)

If this is explained in re:coded or birth by sleep or dream drop distance, I haven't played those ones. Just the main plot from 1-2 (including CoM) and Days (and then stopped buying KH games after Days).

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Because Nobodies eventually regrow their hearts given enough time. Not even they knew this though, only Xemnas and presumably Xigbar.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Gologle posted:

Because Nobodies eventually regrow their hearts given enough time. Not even they knew this though, only Xemnas and presumably Xigbar.

Okay then why wear them?

Like did Xemnas be all like "okay and here's your official uniform, SHUT UP IT'S REALLY COOL YOU GUYS"

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I'm seriously thinking yes, that's what happened. It's Kingdom Hearts.

Also, on a related note, I hope that it's super awkward when Sora and pals go to Radiant Garden and find Ansem the Wise's apprentices. Can you just imagine?

"OH MY GOD, YOU ALMOST DESTROYED THE UNIVERSE!"

"Yeah, about that...WE'RE SUPER, ULTRA, REALLY, REALLY SORRY ABOUT THAT. For reals."

"But you banished your master to a realm of nonexistence!"

"...uh...Xehanort made us do it. But we're totally on the up and up now. Just forget about that time Even hosed with your mind and about how Ienzo and Aeleus tried to make Riku into their own puppet to use against you in the event that Marluxia succeeded in his plan."

"Wait, what?"

"Forget about that last part. We're good guys now. Honest."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just have to say I love that when Xemnas was handing out uniforms he got heeled boots specifically for Larxene, because she was the only lady member of the Organization. I don't know what their practicality is in battle, but dammit if she's not going to look stylish.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I just have to say I love that when Xemnas was handing out uniforms he got heeled boots specifically for Larxene, because she was the only lady member of the Organization. I don't know what their practicality is in battle, but dammit if she's not going to look stylish.

Wait...Marluxia wasn't a lady? Also Xion?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Wait...Marluxia wasn't a lady? Also Xion?
Marluxia was a dude (welcome to Japanese character design, haha). Xion was an entity that looked different to each person.

EDIT: Although, Xion did have heeled-boots in her appearance to us, you're correct.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 17, 2013

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

JazzFlight posted:

Marluxia was a dude (welcome to Japanese character design, haha). Xion was an entity that looked different to each person.

EDIT: Although, Xion did have heeled-boots in her appearance to us, you're correct.

Though Xion identifies as a girl no matter what, so yeah.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

JazzFlight posted:

Marluxia was a dude (welcome to Japanese character design, haha).

Look, I'm a huge anime RPG nerd and I'm still 1000% that's a lady. Sorry Nomura, I'm not buying that.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

In Kingdom Hearts 3, Sora uses his Super Weaving powers to knit a giant black cloak around the worlds to keep the darkness out

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Marluxia was originally meant to be a girl too, but Nomura felt it would be pretty unfortunate if the people leading a revolt against a mostly male group were women.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Look, I'm a huge anime RPG nerd and I'm still 1000% that's a lady. Sorry Nomura, I'm not buying that.

play Re:Chain, he has a pretty deep voice.

Also now I'm trying to remember what each person sees when they look at Xion, and now I can't except for Roxas, Axel, and Xigbar.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Wait, what's this about Xion looking different to everyone? I don't actually know that character at all.

Also, gently caress that last fight before the last save point in End Of The World.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Wait, what's this about Xion looking different to everyone? I don't actually know that character at all.

Also, gently caress that last fight before the last save point in End Of The World.

watch the Days movie, or read my LP. No spoilerz.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

She's an artifical construct made of memories, like the Riku Replica from Chain of Memories. Because of what she is, what she looks like apparently changes depending on who is observing her - (and to the player a few times as well).

As for the character herself? She's probably one of the most needless ones in the entire series - to the point that the writers have an ingame retcon to get rid of her, just so she doesn't screw up KH2's continutiy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hell of a chin that lady has then.

Also I basically forgot that he has the same hair as Snow does now.

aghastly
Nov 1, 2010

i'm an instant star
just add water and stir

Gologle posted:

I'm seriously thinking yes, that's what happened. It's Kingdom Hearts.

Also, on a related note, I hope that it's super awkward when Sora and pals go to Radiant Garden and find Ansem the Wise's apprentices. Can you just imagine?

"OH MY GOD, YOU ALMOST DESTROYED THE UNIVERSE!"

"Yeah, about that...WE'RE SUPER, ULTRA, REALLY, REALLY SORRY ABOUT THAT. For reals."

"But you banished your master to a realm of nonexistence!"

"...uh...Xehanort made us do it. But we're totally on the up and up now. Just forget about that time Even hosed with your mind and about how Ienzo and Aeleus tried to make Riku into their own puppet to use against you in the event that Marluxia succeeded in his plan."

"Wait, what?"

"Forget about that last part. We're good guys now. Honest."

I think the character files in DDD mention that a few of the apprentices are still unstable, whatever that means. Maybe SD&G will stumble upon them glitching in and out of existence or whatever it is people with unstable hearts do.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

aghastly posted:

I think the character files in DDD mention that a few of the apprentices are still unstable, whatever that means. Maybe SD&G will stumble upon them glitching in and out of existence or whatever it is people with unstable hearts do.

The unstable ones turned into Xehanorts

aghastly
Nov 1, 2010

i'm an instant star
just add water and stir

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

poo poo, really? Where was I the entirety of this game? :psyduck:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

aghastly posted:

poo poo, really? Where was I the entirety of this game? :psyduck:

AFAIK that was what happened to them at the end, or was going to happen to them.

EDIT: I want to know what happened to Marluxia, Demyx, and Larxene's somebodies.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 17, 2013

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Hahahahaha if you're not joking then I am really missing out

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I wanna see some of those 13 Darknesses Xehanort's going to try and make be Disney villains. Like, there's going to be a bunch of them, why not throw in Syndrome?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Spiffo posted:

Hahahahaha if you're not joking then I am really missing out

The ending of DDD is ridiculously insane, and also amazing at the same time.

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

The plot of KH3 is The Man Who Folded Himself, obviously.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

play Re:Chain, he has a pretty deep voice.

I have to ask, do you always have this much trouble discerning any non-literal meaning from things people say or is it just on the internet? Can we not argue every little hyperbole, please?

BioMe fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 17, 2013

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

BioMe posted:

The plot of KH3 is The Man Who Folded Himself, obviously.

I have to ask, do you always have this much trouble discerning any non-literal meaning from things people say or is it just on the internet? Can we not argue every little hyperbole, please?

I knew he was joking, I was just pointing out that they gave Marluxia a deep voice as a stark contrast to his feminine looks. Blah blah bishounen Japan anyway I thought I wrote that they gave "her" a really deep voice, my bad I failed at a joke.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Hell of a chin that lady has then.

Also I basically forgot that he has the same hair as Snow does now.

Never played RE:chains on the GBA version.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Hey, so I'm playing re:Chain of Memories again in the HD collection. I've beaten both Sora's story and Riku's story. Starting a new game on Proud. Aren't I supposed to be able to get the Hidden Dragon card in Traverse Town now that I've got their Clear Data? I spawned a bounty room but it just gave me a Kingdom Key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
KH3 prediction: Aqua busts out of the dark realm within the first 5 minutes and is the main playable character, while Sora goes to a farm or something for the remainder of the game.