Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

WendigoJohnson posted:

That being said the movie itself was the plotline of Rockadoodle. Only it had nothing to do with Elvis Impersonators or had development/script issues that marred the final movie.

A) Goddammitsomuch, now I am going to have to subject myself to "Equestria Girls" because I can't even imagine...

B) :stare: Hey, there new desktop.

Transcript of my thoughts while scrolling down: "Uuuugh, another ' Characters From Movie/Book/Whatever But They Are Wolves' drawi-WHAT?!?" (LOL at the "bat" in the second picture posted with normal hands *and* wings.)

Anyway, the new "Pokemon" game is pretty amazing/adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
That looks really close to Natasha Allegri's style (creator of Bee & Puppycat), though it also reminds me of the gravity falls style.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

tiercel posted:

The terrible 80's cartoon was SilverHawks. Only one actual hawk, though. Of course there is fanart.

:nws: http://imgur.com/PCOgCnI :nws:

I'm not sure my brain is parsing this picture correctly. Did her leg fall off? Is she turning into a snake from the rear end down?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Trig Discipline posted:

I'm not sure my brain is parsing this picture correctly. Did her leg fall off? Is she turning into a snake from the rear end down?

You obviously have never heard of nagas, where people take cartoon characters and force them to be half snake.

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Senior Scarybagels posted:

You obviously have never heard of nagas, where people take cartoon characters and force them to be half snake.

Nagas as people with snake bodies is way, way, way older than cartoon fanart

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

yaoi prophet posted:

True but we are talking about the fetishists, do they really think about the cultural history of nagas?

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

True but we are talking about the fetishists, do they really think about the cultural history of nagas?

Obviously not, but I thought you were implying that the concept was something that got made up recently. (I know people have suggested that the concept of drawing sexual fanart is new, which is definitely not the case).

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

yaoi prophet posted:

Obviously not, but I thought you were implying that the concept was something that got made up recently. (I know people have suggested that the concept of drawing sexual fanart is new, which is definitely not the case).

Nah I was meaning specifically to the new naga sexualized fanart being made.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I love this image because, just, Batty from Ferngully out of nowhere. I'd have him as a digipokemonbladegioh.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Pick posted:

Ice King pics
:3:

I only recently picked up watching Adventure Time, but
sexy

anime

*~kawaii~*

lemongrab (or lemonsweetjesuschrist)

scares me far, far more than it should. On the other hand, most of the below is based around screaming so I'm ok with it.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Lemon the Hutt is amazing :allears:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

And More posted:

Gotta love the car babe poses. It's Sailor Moon for perverted men.

You mean perverted men don't watch Sailor Moon?

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

yaoi prophet posted:

It's a moot point anyway because, traditionally, Nagas were snakes who just had the head of a human. Lamias were the creatures that are basically snake centaurs, based off a greek story about a woman who ate babies. :eng101:

Then again, duck sirens are still a thing and that's an even bigger degree of mythological wrong. :eng99:

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Comrade Question posted:

Well, Mads Mikkelsen is Danish and Moomins are Swedish, so close enough. Also, assuming the artist is Japanese, Moomins are pretty popular there.

Just have to sperg out abit here, since I love the Moomins (and dislike the fanart and the Groke), but the Moomins are Finnish.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Steam Punk Michael Jackson:

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

Sadly, because of fanart, whenever I hear "nagas" I think of snapesnogger. Thank you deviantart.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Why is the snake part lumpy!?" Snapesnogger? Man, how long ago was that? 05 or so?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

Manuel Calavera posted:

"Why is the snake part lumpy!?" Snapesnogger? Man, how long ago was that? 05 or so?

Some things just burn into your brain. :/

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
What the gently caress is the deal with the Sherlock Watson otter hedgehog thing. Did I miss the episode that Cumberbatch spent in a fursuit?

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
I can explain the otter, but not the hedgehog:

Also, Johnlock sounds like something in need of a plumber.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My God, Benedict Cumberbatch is a scary-looking man.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Manuel Calavera posted:

I feel like it's '07. Man, ConceptArt used to have AMAZING trainwrecks.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Full points for the couch also being a lemon-beast.

Rocketfish
Jul 2, 2007

*pshew!*
Thanks!
Also, for not being an anime, there is a metric shitton of anime fan art for Sherlock online. Like, comparable to Kingdom Hearts. I assume this is because a show with two male protagonists with British accents have to be totally yaoi-gay for each other, right?

I mean, you don't see the same amount of stuff for Downton Abbey.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Rocketfish posted:

I mean, you don't see the same amount of stuff for Downton Abbey.

I went on DeviantArt to see if I'd prove you wrong...
Apparently there's not much weird Downton fanart. Even the pony art (OF COURSE it exists) is just a comic with Twilight telling Fluttershy that she loves Downton.

The oddest I found from my brief "search":

The black-haired guy is canonically gay and got rejected by the other one, so it's not particularly ungrounded as far as gay fanart goes.

I have no idea what that references, or why Thomas is the only human in the entire picture.

Everybody likes puns. And parallels I suppose.

The main ladies of the series, in a modern style of clothing. Doesn't look very unfaithful to me. The artist even says that "The "downstairs" gals' outfits were inspired by their uniforms"

EDIT: I see they're kind of big, but they shouldn't be breaking tables. Let me know if they are so I can fix them.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Wub zone?

The Animaniacs as "puppycats", the only changes being that their naked and move on all fours, and its as awful as it sounds.

Squid is a total shooby.

:3:

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."

scarycave posted:

Squid is a total shooby.

A good enough reason to post some relevant works by the same artist (coelasquid).

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Captain Pissweak posted:

What the gently caress is the deal with the Sherlock Watson otter hedgehog thing. Did I miss the episode that Cumberbatch spent in a fursuit?

Basically, it's like this:

I don't actually consider that to be strong evidence, but there you are.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Serperoth posted:

I have no idea what that references, or why Thomas is the only human in the entire picture.

It's a reference to The Rescuers, and those seem to be the kittens from The Aristocats? I dunno, I only ever read the books.
< Real, not fan-art.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Manuel Calavera posted:

Dare I ask what you're talking about?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Internet Kraken posted:

Dare I ask what you're talking about?

DA artist that drew Naga's a lot, got upset over Deviant-art, and ran over to Concept Art where she, once again, got super pissed and left.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

And by "naga" we mean "bottom half snake, upper half pregnant male Harry Potter character". She was something of a Big Deal and was very prone to tantrums. Encyclopedia Dramatica used to have volumes of her huffy footstamping on record.

e: THE SNAKE PART IS ***NOT*** LUMPY

scamtank has a new favorite as of 16:32 on Oct 20, 2013

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
A fetish artist with anger issues? Unheard of.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Putty posted:

Please tell me there's an entire series of these :allears:

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT

Putty posted:

Demoman Lakitu is just so adorable :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuestWhat
Nov 11, 2012
I too approve of a TF2 reskin of the classic Mario games.

• Locked thread