Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Red Oktober posted:

I've just noticed that 21 appears to have an extra. 'Bonus glove' in his mouth at the end.

I've always just assumed that was a second glove to stuff down the front of his shorts, and that's what he was doing as he exited the house. Makes enough sense and is pretty dang funny too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wax On
Mar 22, 2007

drop a bat beat
For some reason I was compelled to make a much longer IGNORE ME! ringtone.

Ignore me! loop

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Wax On posted:

For some reason I was compelled to make a much longer IGNORE ME! ringtone.

Ignore me! loop

I love this! Thanks for making/posting it!

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

RandallODim posted:

I've always just assumed that was a second glove to stuff down the front of his shorts, and that's what he was doing as he exited the house. Makes enough sense and is pretty dang funny too.

I think there was a commentray track where Jackson and Hammer said that the animation flubs were on purpose, like they sent detailed instructions to the animators in Korea that they wanted a character's eyes to lag behind their head for a single frame. All part of their general homage to old animated shows.

Or they were just trying to mask their mistakes with a Just-As-Planned fib. Either is possible with those two.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
http://www.craveonline.com/tv/articles/586753-nycc-2013-the-venture-bros-panel-report#/slide/1

Season 6: Jan 2015

By which I surely mean Sept 2016 :smith:

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Awesome, it's good to have an estimate so soon. And we get the DVDs for season 5 in March, can't wait for all the extras.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Black Bones posted:

I think there was a commentray track where Jackson and Hammer said that the animation flubs were on purpose, like they sent detailed instructions to the animators in Korea that they wanted a character's eyes to lag behind their head for a single frame. All part of their general homage to old animated shows.

Or they were just trying to mask their mistakes with a Just-As-Planned fib. Either is possible with those two.

I think they make a joke about the third glove in particular, something like the Korean animators are so generous they give them bonus gloves in some scenes without even asking, or something like that.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Adult Swim posted the panel at NYCC by the way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG-AaUlL4hA

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Thank you for that.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

I wish they didn't have a successful television show so they could make a weekly podcast.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

feedmyleg posted:

I wish they didn't have a successful television show so they could make a weekly podcast.

I get the feeling that they could, so long as they did not discuss whatever episode they were working on at the moment. People - especially creative, quick-witted people like Doc and Jackson - underestimate how fun their own conversations can be, even when it's just bullshit/minutiae. The show is clearly that kind of petty bickering, refined ("How many Yaz albums do you HAVE on this thing?!") If they put out a podcast that was just 60-odd minutes of them bitching about, I dunno, the Pad Thai they had for lunch, and it faded out when they said "So this episode is about Hank and Dean's real mom" I have no doubt it would still be a wholly engaging and entertaining show.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Someone needs to ask them if they'll do a Christmas single this year. That's always one of the best parts of the holiday season. I was bummed when they didn't do one last year.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

I get the feeling that they could, so long as they did not discuss whatever episode they were working on at the moment. People - especially creative, quick-witted people like Doc and Jackson - underestimate how fun their own conversations can be, even when it's just bullshit/minutiae. The show is clearly that kind of petty bickering, refined ("How many Yaz albums do you HAVE on this thing?!") If they put out a podcast that was just 60-odd minutes of them bitching about, I dunno, the Pad Thai they had for lunch, and it faded out when they said "So this episode is about Hank and Dean's real mom" I have no doubt it would still be a wholly engaging and entertaining show.

I mean, again, that's basically the commentaries, and I'd love a similar podcast. I mean there's at least one episode where the commentary ends up basically being a description of Doc's lovely East Village apartment.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Isn't Doc's apartment just Dean's from "Bright Lights, Dean City"?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

I only now realize now how well Action Johnny and Master Billy Quizboy fit for a couple of those characters.

Jon Snow and Sam Tarly.

V V V I just mean the name for Jon/Johnny, and how Billy is a crazy awkward virgin nerd and so is Sam.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Oct 19, 2013

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

DrBouvenstein posted:

I only now realize now how well Action Johnny and Master Billy Quizboy fit for a couple of those characters.

Jon Snow and Sam Tarly.

What? That makes no sense.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
People complained about how they never talked about the show on the commentaries, but I think people are coming around to enjoying just smart, witty people with lots of pop culture knowlage yakking it up. How many podcasts are just that?

Is there any release date for season 5?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I think people are coming around to enjoying just smart, witty people with lots of pop culture knowlage yakking it up. How many podcasts are just that?

Are you being sincere? This is at least the premise of probably 2 million podcasts, with varying degrees of success of course.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

epitasis posted:

Are you being sincere? This is at least the premise of probably 2 million podcasts, with varying degrees of success of course.

I think that was his point. There's a lot of podcasts because that's what people want to hear.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

People complained about how they never talked about the show on the commentaries, but I think people are coming around to enjoying just smart, witty people with lots of pop culture knowlage yakking it up. How many podcasts are just that?

Is there any release date for season 5?

Season 5 DVD comes out in March.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I like the balance between talking about growing up like they did, the show itself, and the hilarious tangents.

Like asking if Urbaniak got to second base with the guy that does Orpheus.

Or hearing ROBOT BONES over and over again in, like, a season 3 commentary.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Quite unexpectedly there was a Shallow Gravy poster in a background shot on this week's NCIS: LA. Seems like someone in the crew is a fan of the show.

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

I dearly hope they start marketing those Astrobase S-V Speedsuits. The shirts are amazing, but goddamn do I want a VB speedsuit.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

James Urbaniak just tweeted this

Its beautiful :swoon:

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Teasing us like that when the release is still 5 months away.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
Why did my inner nerd have to notice Dean is in the back? :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

achillesforever6 posted:

It looks like something you find in your Granddad's bookshelf one lazy childhood summer while visiting and looking for something to pass the time.

It looks perfect :swoon:

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Comrade Quack posted:

If you need a fix for this, just remember that like all pulp novel covers, it's completely inaccurate to whats inside.

Also speaking of podcasts, I really hope Doc and Jackson get Pete Holmes like they want. I can't imagine him saying no.

Maduo fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Nov 21, 2013

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Comrade Quack posted:

Why would he not be?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

LividLiquid posted:

Why would he not be?

He stayed at home that episode.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

I literally gasped out loud when this showed up on my screen. Incredible.

e: also, if you guys love Venture Bros. but haven't seen Danger 5, there's a lot of shared DNA there. The pilot is on Youtube, but the series is better.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

feedmyleg posted:

e: also, if you guys love Venture Bros. but haven't seen Danger 5, there's a lot of shared DNA there. The pilot is on Youtube, but the series is better.

Okay I was sold on this show the instant they kill the fake nun with a handful of change to the face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epQA-kq_b8Y

Edit: and holy poo poo the gunshot through the phone AHAHAHAHA

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Nov 21, 2013

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Hedrigall posted:

Okay I was sold on this show the instant they kill the fake nun with a handful of change to the face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epQA-kq_b8Y

Edit: and holy poo poo the gunshot through the phone AHAHAHAHA

Oh snap, looking at the related links on there, the whole series is available. I think the absolute most Venture Bros.-like episode is Lizard Soldiers of the Third Reich, in which our original Team Venture-esque heroes fly their jet to Antarctica, only to find it a tropical jungle inhabited by Nazi dinosaurs and a sinister super-scientist. I don't want to spoil anything, but let's just say some highly evolved primates with a penchant for jazz play a large part in the plot.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Depending on how high this goes ill probably bid on this guy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281224340095

Season 3 storyboards. I remember the original auction. That poor kitty :(

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Hahaha, is that fishmech from SA?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

theflyingexecutive posted:

Hahaha, is that fishmech from SA?

*checks other auctions*

Macintosh manuals and magic cards.

It's definitely a goon.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

Oh snap, looking at the related links on there, the whole series is available. I think the absolute most Venture Bros.-like episode is Lizard Soldiers of the Third Reich, in which our original Team Venture-esque heroes fly their jet to Antarctica, only to find it a tropical jungle inhabited by Nazi dinosaurs and a sinister super-scientist. I don't want to spoil anything, but let's just say some highly evolved primates with a penchant for jazz play a large part in the plot.

Okay, this is actually amazing and y'all should totally give this a watch, it's a fantastic parody/celebration of 60s pulp which actually rises above its own source material to become unironically enjoyable (like another adult kids show we know), there's also stock footage of Hitler jumping out a window every episode.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

James Urbaniak also has a little webshow on Adult Swim
http://video.adultswim.com/futuremanity/

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

I'm amazed by how much Rusty's voice is just Urbaniak's but... I don't know, him trying to sound like himself but a couple decades older? More cranky? Jay-Jay and Phantom Limb sound so different to me, so he has a great range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wow, I had no idea Urbaniak did the voices for Phantom Limb and Jay-Jay. I just assumed they were more Jackson and Doc voices. I guess its like Billy West does Fry thats pretty much his normal voice pitched down, but is also doing Zap and other characters.