Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
furthur8
Jun 16, 2000
Forum Veteran

Dreadwroth posted:

Had an amazing online adventure today with other Goon Street bros. We started with doing race win trades and ended up taking over the airport with Buzzards, Cargobobs, and Stuntplanes. The best part was when pubbies would try to come mess with us, it was a glorious mess. :black101:
EDIT: The most amazing part was when someone tried to take the Titan out and was rammed by a Cargobob and 6 cops.

I wonder if Mr. "You're all pussy fags!" Rhino is still in bad sport land.

Great times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kameleon
Jan 11, 2006

gay for johnny deLOL BAT COUNTRY

If anyone wants to trade wins for the next few hours, add me. PSN: Kameeeleon

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Platystemon posted:

I came across a hacker for the first time. He’s driving the Space Docker around like it’s no big deal.

Did you at least blow it up?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Kameleon posted:

If anyone wants to trade wins for the next few hours, add me. PSN: Kameeeleon

I'll be logging in 10 minutes, let's do this for a while. Invite me PSN TorakFade, we're both in Third Street Goons iirc

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

Did you at least blow it up?

Yes, but he just called his insurance/mechanic and got another.

Kameleon
Jan 11, 2006

TorakFade posted:

I'll be logging in 10 minutes, let's do this for a while. Invite me PSN TorakFade, we're both in Third Street Goons iirc

Cool, I've got no mic but if my hosting turns out extremely laggy just leave and invite me. I'll do 2 laps to get some RP out of it too.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yessss! I recall somehow murdering a pub with the downwash from one of my attempts to pick up a car with my 'bob. The funniest image was me and another 'bob pilot herding cop cars like sheep.
That Rhino guy was a dickweed, he kept murdering me when I was just trying to make a jihadjeep and ram it into him. The jerk.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Is it not possible to put bounties on players who are below a certain rank?

Some guy sprayed my car with an SMG from behind—ineffectually, as it turns out the louvers some cars can fit are amazing at blocking shots. I took him out with a sticky as he rounded a corner in pursuit, then I tried to place a bounty on him, but he was missing from Lester’s list.

Mr_Chicken
Mar 23, 2009

If a player isn't rank 10 and thus hasn't unlocked Lester yet, they can't get bounties placed on them.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Mr_Chicken posted:

If a player isn't rank 10 and thus hasn't unlocked Lester yet, they can't get bounties placed on them.

It all makes sense now. I was wondering why I couldn't put bounties on certain people.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
If any PS3 Goons want to trade Criminal Records wins for a while hit me up.

PSN: FrontlineKhan

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Kameleon posted:

Cool, I've got no mic but if my hosting turns out extremely laggy just leave and invite me. I'll do 2 laps to get some RP out of it too.

I don't know why, but after a bunch of races it put me as the host and said me you left... then pubbies entered even if I had it set to closed lobby, so I had to quit too. No worries though, we managed pretty well. Too bad it's lunchtime and the GF doesn't really get why GTA is more important than food :v:

Also sorry for not understanding the betting thing until the last couple of races, we would've been a bit richer now :(

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Welp, car glitched ~1mil today. Let's what the repercussions are going to be like.

Kameleon
Jan 11, 2006

TorakFade posted:

I don't know why, but after a bunch of races it put me as the host and said me you left... then pubbies entered even if I had it set to closed lobby, so I had to quit too. No worries though, we managed pretty well. Too bad it's lunchtime and the GF doesn't really get why GTA is more important than food :v:

Also sorry for not understanding the betting thing until the last couple of races, we would've been a bit richer now :(

Since the last patch the game seems to have become a lot less tolerant of lovely wireless connections. It was much better after I stretched a CAT5 cable across the house but I don't think the wife will let me keep it there :(

All good though, I've just spent twice what I made on car upgrades though :( Hate being poor, think they've fixed the glitch now as respawning outside LSC now send to work differently?

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

BF Dune Buggy

Since I wanted one and couldn't find any good information about it anywhere in regards to GTA:O, I wanted to share my findings.

Yes, there is a (lvl 40?) Trevor cellphone job that includes BF Dune Buggies.
Yes, you can stay in the vehicle after the job completes and use it in free roam.
No, you cannot enter a mod shop.
No, you cannot enter your garage.

Since it also cannot be purchased, there is no way to legitimately own a BF Dune Buggy.

Boydi!
Jul 19, 2005
I have no idea what to write here!
So far I've been having a good old time with the goons of Grand Theft Kroo. Sorry I suck so badly at golf irend. I'm TheyCallMeAaron on Xbox live.

Call me stupid, but I don't see an option anywhere to remove my jacket. Can anybody help? I just want to wear a t-shirt.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Boydi! posted:

So far I've been having a good old time with the goons of Grand Theft Kroo. Sorry I suck so badly at golf irend. I'm TheyCallMeAaron on Xbox live.

Call me stupid, but I don't see an option anywhere to remove my jacket. Can anybody help? I just want to wear a t-shirt.

Go to a clothing store, is a remove jacket there for $10.

Or buy a (collared) shirt, it removed my leather jacket (which sucks, I wanna wear a collar under my suede bomber jacket)

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Can you reorder the cars in your garage? I want to put my trucks at the back and supers at the front.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

frontlineKHAAAN! posted:

Can you reorder the cars in your garage? I want to put my trucks at the back and supers at the front.

There is a way, but it removes all the mods from every vehicle that changes position.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Platystemon posted:

There is a way, but it removes all the mods from every vehicle that changes position.

Do you have to re-buy the mods or are they all still unlocked at LSC?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

frontlineKHAAAN! posted:

Do you have to re-buy the mods or are they all still unlocked at LSC?

You have to re-buy the mods. They are still unlocked.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
How come I default to unarmed combat after entering/leaving an instance? I've died twice because some guy got close to shotty me and instead of firing my gun I ended up trying to punch the other guys bullets out of the air :tinfoil:

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
Thanks for the game various KROO peoples online tonight. I seem to run into you lot rarely but when I do much fun is had. I somehow glitched my fire truck onto the roof of a tram but was laughing too hard I missed my chance to get a screenshot.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

I don't think you can. This really pisses me off because the default station for some of the race menus is Flylo, a terrible station.

Unless Windowlicker is playing.

Kringy
Dec 31, 2008

WastedJoker posted:

How come I default to unarmed combat after entering/leaving an instance? I've died twice because some guy got close to shotty me and instead of firing my gun I ended up trying to punch the other guys bullets out of the air :tinfoil:

This also happens to me whenever I sneak on a guy already robbing a convenience store. I lock aim on the guy and end up swinging my fist at him. Makes for a very awkward ambush.

Fenom
Mar 23, 2007
Are there any missions where the Romero hearse appears? It is available in the single player but doesn't appear to spawn in online.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Missed connections:

You were in an Entity XF, I was on a mountain bike trying to jump over your car. You rescued me after I fell in a swimming pool and took me to rob a store. My hair fell off during the police chase and afterwards I left you.

I didn't say anything at all even though I had my Mic right next to me.

Thanks for the adventure mysterious goon.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I just wish you could move a little faster in the apartments and garages. It feels like it takes ages to get my favorite motorcycle out of the mothballs at the back.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Bob NewSCART posted:

Yeah most if not all the time.

Why would you do this? Just click "Leave GTA Online" and let it save. Then turn your console off.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Lotish posted:

I just wish you could move a little faster in the apartments and garages. It feels like it takes ages to get my favorite motorcycle out of the mothballs at the back.

Aaalllmost there. Almost there. Halfway there.

*30 minutes later*

Still not there. :negative:

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Dravs posted:

Missed connections:

You were in an Entity XF, I was on a mountain bike trying to jump over your car. You rescued me after I fell in a swimming pool and took me to rob a store. My hair fell off during the police chase and afterwards I left you.

I didn't say anything at all even though I had my Mic right next to me.

Thanks for the adventure mysterious goon.

Haha that was me! Good times, goon bro!

Also khameeeleon, awesome times jousting helis with pubbies. Got one of those french dude swearing good.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Psion posted:

To add on: If you want money legit, play either Cops Capacity or Out of Court Settlement every 48 minutes (or whatever the LSC cooldown is) for $20500 or $28500 after selling the mission vehicle. RP isn't as high, but honestly racing is where you get your RP.

What, what? The Lawyer's car in Out of Court Settlement sells for 24k? Seriously?

Chard posted:

Nah this was complete phone failure, I know very well what Lester can do re: blips. Merrywether, Lester, Lamar, Pegasus... no one would even answer it was just ringing forever. Is there a reason this happens? Because if so I can deal with it and know what it means, but if it's a glitch I should at least report it I guess.

Most people don't know that if you are underground or in a tunnel your phone doesn't connect. It can also happen well under larger overpasses if I remember right. Could that be it?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Good to know the losing money/being told you were vote-kicked is a common thing. I just thought the GTA community hated me.

After grinding survivals for about an hour, I ended up losing half my money when I logged in the next night.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Spoon Man posted:

BF Dune Buggy

Since I wanted one and couldn't find any good information about it anywhere in regards to GTA:O, I wanted to share my findings.

Yes, there is a (lvl 40?) Trevor cellphone job that includes BF Dune Buggies.
Yes, you can stay in the vehicle after the job completes and use it in free roam.
No, you cannot enter a mod shop.
No, you cannot enter your garage.

Since it also cannot be purchased, there is no way to legitimately own a BF Dune Buggy.

This makes me sad. I was planning on finding one today after work and adding it to my stable. Are there any moddable/ownable off-road vehicles worth getting? It seems like the off-road races are 90% Dune Buggy.

E: Also are Lester missions worth it at all? It's infuriating that they all require vehicles that aren't provided and don't spawn.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Lotish posted:

I think someone else posted it a few pages back but having the option to spawn in your garage rather than the actual apartment would be nice.

Kameleon
Jan 11, 2006

Air Julio posted:

Haha that was me! Good times, goon bro!

Also khameeeleon, awesome times jousting helis with pubbies. Got one of those french dude swearing good.

Had my sound off but I could tell we'd annoyed them by the way they kept running into my bullets.

Also my Sandking sends his apologies for attempting to rape your Entity. Maybe if it wasn't so pretty :v:

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

Hobo Clown posted:

This makes me sad. I was planning on finding one today after work and adding it to my stable. Are there any moddable/ownable off-road vehicles worth getting? It seems like the off-road races are 90% Dune Buggy.
BF Injection. It's great on all surfaces and with a clown horn it's hilarious to use when you have a bounty on your head and five cars chasing and shooting at you but can't hit you because of the miniscule back window. I've gotten bounty chases to go from minute 1 when I got the bounty to when the bounty ran out, and that's only with 60% armor and bulletproof wheels.

It's a shame it doesn't have the rolling cage to remove crashing damage to the player but you can't have everything. Speed and acceleration is top notch for it's kind though!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Snackpack Backpack posted:

I think someone else posted it a few pages back but having the option to spawn in your garage rather than the actual apartment would be nice.

Leaving your apartment without showering is nasty :downs:

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

SectumSempra posted:

The odds of them banning that amount of people is seriously not likely, or they would have done it to the first set of people that glitched. That in combination with halving mission pay-offs likely made even more people do the glitch.

The rumor going around Twitch yesterday was building some sort of cheaters pool and putting all the hackers/glitchers in there. Doubt any bans would happen this way and then all you billionaires can play with other billionaires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heatvision
Jul 24, 2009
I had the weirdest glitch yesterday, I think the game merged my garage with another players...

Started in my apartment as normal, but as I went to leave I noticed the door was open. Entered the garage to pick a car, and while some of my vehicles were there others were replaced by what I can only assume was someone elses cars: there was a pink and green Sandking XL in one of the empty spots, and my own custom Sandking XL was replaced by a neon pink Comet, both insured and heavily customized. I took the comet and drove it out of my garage, when I returned it was back to normal but my Sandking was missing (I guess the comet overwrote it since it was the same slot). I guess I came out ahead since I can just find a new truck and that Comet was worth way more, but I'm worried about it happening again... also curious if that guys Comet is missing now.

TLDR: I somehow stole some guys personal car, and does anyone have suggestions for a good 4+ durable/armored vehicle?

• Locked thread