Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

Thank christ. I don't know if I was the person who said he was kind of awful in real life earlier in this thread or if it was someone else, but...that guy is a real big piece of poo poo. I remember talking with Team NChick about using kid gloves with bringing him on, and figured it was only a matter of time. Content being okay or sometimes-good or whatever aside (I'm not personally a fan,) he went out of his way to be antagonistic toward me before I even knew him, so I had some personal bias, but even that aside, it seemed like not a day went by when he wasn't being hugely lovely and creepy to someone or about something. Lindsay and co. made the right decision. What an asshat.

Jay O fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Oct 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

i am tim! posted:

It was a bunch of catch-all nerd stuff reviews with the premise of a stoner bunny that looks like Max from Sam & Max. I don't remember any of his stuff being particularly terrible or creepy, though. A li'l preachy at the worst, but I haven't seen most of his stuff either.

EDIT: ^^^ What that guy said.

Phil Buni's reviews, in and of themselves, were...from what I saw, Ok. The production quality was great, the presentation wasn't really my thing, and I don't think there was much insight there. But what really got me about Buni was his absolutely noxious attitude, which you'll see if you ever went to his Twitter. He, for some reason, appointed himself as some sort of..expert of reviewing, which essentially meant that he told everyone else how to make reviews. Most of that advice simply consisted of telling people not to do certain things, such as..making videos over 15 minutes cause no one ever wants to watch long stuff. Or, recently, this bit of advice:

Phil Buni's twitter posted:

Note to future reviewers using the TGWTG style: STOP IT.
Even TGWTG people hate it now.
Uh thanks?
The thing is, it wouldn't have bothered me so much if he phrased his points differently, like.. "I like making shorter videos! I think it's more concise" - rather than acting like he's the authority on obnoxiously telling people they can't do something because...he says so? That unpleasantness doesn't actually come through in his videos, it's just what I've seen from Oancitizen/Hagan responding to his tweets, and me looking at the source tweets. So I can't say that I feel terribly sorry about him being kicked off Chez Apocalypse.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Maremidon posted:

The episode is here. Haven't watched it yet, though.

Weren't there other live action Guyver movies? I remember watching one as a kid, but I don't recognize anything from that review.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
A new One Hit Wonderland from Todd. This time it's Rockwell's "Somebody's Watching Me." :stalker:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Rhonne posted:

Weren't there other live action Guyver movies? I remember watching one as a kid, but I don't recognize anything from that review.

It did get a sequel that was a better (though a lot darker and violent) adaptation.

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !

Infamous Sphere posted:

That unpleasantness doesn't actually come through in his videos, it's just what I've seen from Oancitizen/Hagan responding to his tweets, and me looking at the source tweets. So I can't say that I feel terribly sorry about him being kicked off Chez Apocalypse.

Yeah, the guy is a total dick on Twitter. I was pretty surprised when he joined Chez, considering that, as far as I can tell, he was basically another Spoony implosion waiting to happen.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Benny the Snake posted:

I think it was this little gem that got him booted.

It.. uh... :stare: A small price to pay for Thriller? Jesus, I'd kick him off my website too.

EDIT vvv Disturbing to listen to indeed. I put it on idly just to see what the fuss was about and when it came to that point, my wife (who normally couldn't give a poo poo about this stuff) and I just looked at each other, mouths agape in utter shock. I didn't even get to the point where he tried to justify the Holocaust as a worthy sacrifice for the existence every artist that ever existed before Hitler.

i am tim! fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Oct 22, 2013

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

once you get used to it

i am tim! posted:

It.. uh... :stare: A small price to pay for Thriller? Jesus, I'd kick him off my website too.

gently caress me, I hadn't seen that. :stare: gently caress. Not only is his analysis shallow unfocused rubbish, but he's a loving sociopath, holy poo poo. :stonk: That was seriously disturbing to even listen to. You see people writing stuff that horrible with this weird, calm air of superiority in forums all the time, but rarely do you hear it spoken aloud. Voice really adds a whole other dimension to it. Jesus. Kinda shakes your guts up.

Since this guy was never affiliated with Channel Awesome and is finally off Chez, I guess it's safe to bitch about my initial experience with him here. Not trying to stir junk up or talk personal deets for no reason, but to be frank, I gotta vent sometimes about the tremendous amount of bullshit that goes down when interacting with "internet critics." There are some great people doin' the thing, but there are a lot of really awful ones too, and it took me too long to come to terms with it, so it's a little therapeutic to vomit back up the stuff I can say when I can say it. Blegh.

Anyway: this happened a long time ago, probably before Phil Buni was making very many videos, because I had no idea who he was. But someone sent me a message on Twitter saying "Hey, there's a guy drawing fanart of you and livestreaming it right now, if you wanna see!" I thought that'd be cool, so I click over to his livestream, and there's Phil Buni drawing a steampunk version of me, which I can't link to because he's taken every semblance of it off the internet, don't know when. It looked kinda like this, though. (...Yyyyyeah. Yeah.) In any case, I popped into the chat to say hi and tell him thank you and I was flattered for the picture. That was literally all I said: "Hi, someone linked me to this livestream, heard you were drawing fanart of me, that's really cool, thanks, I'm glad you like my stuff, I appreciate the support!" That kinda thing. There were like 20 people there, so not much came of what happened next, but...ugh. What happened next...

Once he noticed I was in the chat, he immediately called me out, stopped drawing, and started stammering uncomfortably. I only had a couple seconds to be confused before he broke into this rant about how I wasn't welcome on his stream...because of my review of Neon Genesis Evangelion. He said he took personal offense at how "wrong" I was about the show, that I didn't get it and had no right to claim to have "gotten it" in the review, with this fervor like I had called his sister a whore or something. He wasn't remotely calm, it was like a switch had been flipped in his brain, and he was instantly emotionally distraught and exhausted-sounding. Like, you could hear sweat and spit in his voice, and he started heaving breath, just out of nowhere: crazed Phil Buni. Then his strained, angry babbling took a really weird turn, again, without response from me because he was just yammering mile-a-minute. He said because I identified as christian, I was also an empty-headed bigot who shouldn't presume to criticize the philosophical ideas of anything, because religious people were hateful and stupid, and he knew this, and people say there are exceptions, but there aren't, and he just kept going and going... Everyone in the chat was pretty shocked and confused too.

Anyway, he ended the whole weird event by saying he couldn't draw the picture if I was there, and I immediately volunteered to leave, pretty disturbed by the whole thing. I wish I could give you more exact quotes on what he said because it just went word-vomit-everywhere, but it was a few years ago. ...For whatever reason, he did end up finishing the picture. I would say if he hated me so much why did he draw it in the first place, but I'm not sure I want to delve into his psyche any further, he's obviously a pretty nasty poo poo. Guy's got some real mental issues to work through, I get it, but that'd be easier to sympathize with if he wasn't actively hateful and creepy to so many people on a regular basis. As it is, hoo boy, gently caress that guy.

Jay O fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Oct 22, 2013

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That's really bizarre. They are probably better off getting rid of that guy.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

I feel better about my vaguely remembered disdain now.

Jesus. Poor guy... I... guess??? I dunno, drawing fan-art of actual real people always seemed a little creepy to me.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

once you get used to it

AriadneThread posted:

I dunno, drawing fan-art of actual real people always seemed a little creepy to me.

Well, if you'd prefer, there are ponies. (I didn't know about those prior, just noticed them after looking up the steampunk stuff.)

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Jay O posted:

Well, if you'd prefer, there are ponies. (I didn't know about those prior, just noticed them after looking up the steampunk stuff.)

Why does OanCitizen get two? I mean, yeah, he's great, but Lupa only got one. His pony-based approval scale is all warped.

Also, why does Lupa Pony have a spoon on her rear end?

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Awh, as someone who smokes a lot of weed I actually liked the Bunny Perspective. That really sucks that apparently he's another Spoony. Damnit, I just want to laugh when someone yells about a movie, maybe I should just stop reading this thread.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Mr. Fowl posted:

Why does OanCitizen get two? I mean, yeah, he's great, but Lupa only got one. His pony-based approval scale is all warped.

I'm more surprised by no Nostalgia Pony ( unless it didn't load on my phone.)

I have to admit Hagan Pony made me laugh just by the look of it

SamLikesCake
Oct 6, 2006

... and he is my navigator.

Jay O posted:

What the gently caress

Yikes. The guy sounds like a hot mess. Probably for the best that he got the boot... I get the impression that the Chez crew has a low tolerance for drama.

Honestly though, the Thriller = totally worth the child rape thing is so crazy, I'd almost think it was a really sick attempt at trolling. Dude is hosed.

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
I liked him a while ago, mainly because I skipped all his Glee reviews and shut off the Invader Zim review the second he started talking about ponies. Once this thread started pointing out those episodes I dropped him pretty quick.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I just find it really weird that after all the stuff that's emerged about him, his theme song is an upbeat folk song about how he's alienated all his friends by being creepy and unable to grow as a person. (It's still funny and catchy and was neither written nor preformed by him, so... I dunno. gently caress, I kind of like it--DON'T LOOK AT ME!)

It's the same way how Spoony's theme is about a creepy guy who more-or-less stalks a woman into flat out telling him to leave her alone. In both cases it ends up, probably unintentionally, speaking volumes about their individual characters as people.

Also, Doug has a new editorial out about the ethics of intentionally scaring small children through scary movies.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 22, 2013

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Benny the Snake posted:

I think it was this little gem that got him booted.

Strange he'd bring up wrestling fans for this. Chris Benoit was probably the greatest in ring performer of all time and he murdered his wife and child before committing suicide. As a result he's pretty much been rightly cut out of wrestling history all together. It's actually a lot closer of a comparison to Michael Jackson than his Hunter S Thompson one, although it completely disagrees with his analysis.

He's a creepy little fucker and no mistake.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I honestly liked his when I first saw his stuff, I liked his Glee reviews, could do without him turning the Invader Zim review into a diatribe about MLP but I was okay with the guy's stuff. I never read his twitter so I never got how lovely he was, it wasn't until that awful Michael Jackson video that I stopped watching any of his stuff. Good riddance. Though, was it that video that got him kicked off? It seems like a long gap in time before he got kicked off if it was for that.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

prahanormal posted:

I liked him a while ago, mainly because I skipped all his Glee reviews and shut off the Invader Zim review the second he started talking about ponies. Once this thread started pointing out those episodes I dropped him pretty quick.

That's because its the second part of his defense of watching the show, which would be cool if it was "This is a good show that happens to be for little girls" but instead it has jewels like "this show isn't for kids because there's a fire breathing dragon and there's a cameo of some movie I watched."

(I still feel that the Utena review Jay O did with Oan kind of glossed over some stuff that could have been explained easily, like the car transformation sequence being a thing about becoming a woman and such rather than "welp, that sure was weird".)

Kunster fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 22, 2013

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I bet Phil Buni would be a big hit over at r/atheism.

KKall
Oct 15, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

I honestly liked his when I first saw his stuff, I liked his Glee reviews, could do without him turning the Invader Zim review into a diatribe about MLP but I was okay with the guy's stuff. I never read his twitter so I never got how lovely he was, it wasn't until that awful Michael Jackson video that I stopped watching any of his stuff. Good riddance. Though, was it that video that got him kicked off? It seems like a long gap in time before he got kicked off if it was for that.

I think it was more about his behavior towards his audience and colleagues - like the poo poo he pulled with JO, his frequent bullying of his critics and his attitude of "I know how to make a video and other people don't and therefore I deserve all the fans." An online presence as toxic as his reflected poorly on the site, and Chez knew that.

Seems more plausible he would get axed for that than some obscure video he made years ago. Even he probably forgot about that one.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Lets talk about not lovely reviewrs.

There is a new AVGN, looking at Alien 3. It's honestly not very good. http://cinemassacre.com/2013/10/22/alien-3-angry-video-game-nerd/

And Errant Signal has a look at the response to Carolyn Pitt's review of GTA V and about gamers wanting to keep politics out of video games. http://www.errantsignal.com/blog/?p=582

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

BigRed0427 posted:

There is a new AVGN, looking at Alien 3. It's honestly not very good. http://cinemassacre.com/2013/10/22/alien-3-angry-video-game-nerd/

It's not terrible, but you can tell he rushed it a bit due to the monster madness stuff this month.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

i am tim! posted:

EDIT vvv Disturbing to listen to indeed. I put it on idly just to see what the fuss was about and when it came to that point, my wife (who normally couldn't give a poo poo about this stuff) and I just looked at each other, mouths agape in utter shock. I didn't even get to the point where he tried to justify the Holocaust as a worthy sacrifice for the existence every artist that ever existed before Hitler.

The weird thing is, for the first minute or so I kind of agreed where I thought he was going. I agree with the sentiment "you don't have to hate an artist's work or deem him bad at his craft just because he's a bad person." But then he decided to amend that to "even if a kid had to be molested for Thriller to happen, that's totally worth it." with the weird implication where if he had some choice on whether or not a kid got raped and thriller got made, he'd just go "whelp, sorry, bend over Johnny. :v:"

Seriously, :stare:

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

BigRed0427 posted:

And Errant Signal has a look at the response to Carolyn Pitt's review of GTA V and about gamers wanting to keep politics out of video games. http://www.errantsignal.com/blog/?p=582

I really dug this! I just didn't post it before because I thought you guys had already posted it.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

Don't really think more stuff needs to be mentioned about Phil Buni, so let's talk about something more awesome!

Happy Viking just released a new Frothy Pint of Metal about Hatriot: http://blip.tv/frothy-pint-of-metal/frothy-pint-of-metal-hatriot-6670912

I don't think he's been mentioned here, so: Happy Viking is a 1,000 year old Canadian Viking who reviews metal, and occasionally movies, usually having to do with vikings or metal related subjects. He mostly reviews stuff positively, so if you don't like the reviews people like the Critic or AVGN make, you'll probably like him. He really brings a lot of energy and passion into the videos he makes.

EDIT: Wow, not only did I make a typo, it was a typo that made a bad pun relating to the guy I was just saying we should stop talking about :doh:

Thundersword238 fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 23, 2013

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

once you get used to it

Kunster posted:

(I still feel that the Utena review Jay O did with Oan kind of glossed over some stuff that could have been explained easily, like the car transformation sequence being a thing about becoming a woman and such rather than "welp, that sure was weird".)

With crossovers, I default to the NC style, so it's more about jokes and "Hey it's these two personalities you like together!" than analysis. Maybe a mistake on my part, but it's hard to write my normal style of review for two people. Just becomes confused and not any fun for the person you're crossin' over with. But physical humor gags and dumb jokes! Much more fun! :haw:

Thundersword238 posted:

Don't really think mare stuff needs to be mentioned about Phil Buni...

:neckbeard: A dumb joke! A dumb joke! :neckbeard: (hurr hurr ponies)

Jay O fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 23, 2013

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Mokinokaro posted:

It's not terrible, but you can tell he rushed it a bit due to the monster madness stuff this month.

It's not the big event the Halloween episodes used to be, with all the special effects and stuff, but really the guy seems really stretched thin, it's understandable.

I like that he did the whole dry ice and lighting like the movie though.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Jay O posted:

With crossovers, I default to the NC style, so it's more about jokes and "Hey it's these two personalities you like together!" than analysis. Maybe a mistake on my part, but it's hard to write my normal style of review for two people. Just becomes confused and not any fun for the person you're crossin' over with. But physical humor gags and dumb jokes! Much more fun! :haw:

:neckbeard: A dumb joke! A dumb joke! :neckbeard: (hurr hurr ponies)

Moving past Phill, when's the next Anime Derby coming up?

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

once you get used to it

OldTennisCourt posted:

Moving past Phill, when's the next Anime Derby coming up?

Soon. Script's done, now I'm working on fall while it's fresh in my brain...should probably just edit Summer regardless of if the Fall script is done or not. The Seasons Past stuff is an essential part of the show I don't want to drop and I think it makes episodes more rewatchable, but it causes everything to take longer, as I rewatched Serial Experiments Lain and Birdy the Mighty for scripts and wrote hefty reviews of both.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
I'm well behind the times, but I'm finally watching NC's review of the Shining miniseries. It seems mean to be critical of him, but god..that little kid sounds so much like he's struggling with a horrible cold, it's just awful trying to listen to him. The word "snot nosed" does not cover it. He's about to spill a torrent of mucous out of his nose and mouth any minute now.

Steven Weber looks like he's actually doing a decent enough job, given what he's got to work with, which is not much. It took me a while to figure out where I remembered him from, and then I realised he was in Jeffrey, a 90s gay movie that's actually pretty good, and quite sweet (also, it stars Patrick Stewart, with Sal from Mad Men as his boyfriend, so that's a plus.)

I think the boiler in the Hotel Splendide was scarier. Holy poo poo, the image of Jack Torrance spinning out of the flames...that sure was just about the worst thing ever.

In regards to NC's presentation, I think it's an enjoyable episode, but sometimes I think the mug-o-meter is off the stratosphere. Still, it's a pretty accurate Original Shining Reference. I had fun.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Infamous Sphere posted:

Holy poo poo, the image of Jack Torrance spinning out of the flames...that sure was just about the worst thing ever.

Which is funny, because I'm pretty drat sure that shot was used on an episode of Home Improvement as a post-episode gag, so I was looking to hear Tim Allen screaming over it as Jack goes flying.

Also, JO, since you're back, I don't mean to be "that guy," but I'm just wondering if you're going to be getting around to finishing your Digimon Tamers review too? Yeah, I know you probably get that question a lot, but I figure it couldn't hurt to ask, right?

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Oh man, am I not as fast with the episodes as I used to be. But when I look at my old ones, and how sloppy they were, I can see why. Anyway! I reviewed the critically acclaimed gay period piece A Single Man. Always interesting doing a gay period piece, as I have to decide whether it's going to be a period drama review, or an Infamous Queer one - and often I just decide to meet the movie half way. While I thought this movie was pretty universally well-regarded (and pretty much everyone I know who's seen it thought it was excellent), there seems to be a fair few people, mostly gay men, who thought it was boring and awful. I'm not going to pretend that it's a love-it-or-hate-it thing, but it certainly isn't going to be to everyone's taste. (It might "help" to know that most of the people I know who have watched it were straight men and women - although I do know a couple of queer people who watched it and liked it, and it's not exactly a gay movie that's clearly designed for straight people, like Philadelphia.) I'll be interested to hear what people think.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
I hate to take up space in the thread like this, but Miss Wallace, what's the best way to contact you? I've found some material that I think would be right up your alley.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind.

Jesto fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 21, 2014

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
The Folding Ideas guy summed up the whole situation months ago when blip first announced they were going to cull. Basically, popularity wins above all.

Sad, because YMS belongs there more than stuff from Phil Bunni.

LFK
Jan 5, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

The Folding Ideas guy summed up the whole situation months ago when blip first announced they were going to cull. Basically, popularity wins above all.

Sad, because YMS belongs there more than stuff from Phil Bunni.

YMS is in a really squidgy place as far as Blip's rules/ideal brand is concerned.

1) he's a bit of a poo poo disturber. Not in the Phil Buni or Spoony sense, more in the "his poo poo attracts attention from lawyers." While I'm 100% on the dude's side, his stuff is fair use, he's on the shitlist of more than one copyright enforcement group, hence his ongoing struggle with DMCA takedown notices.

2) he doesn't have a strong brand identity of his own. His videos just start, and there's little to no brand built up around that. Of course some people love that. Strong branding is something that viewers are, at best, ambivalent towards and often actively despise.

The thing is that Blip needs to sell ad space. Money has to come from somewhere, and that means it's either the audience, the users, or advertisers. They can't really add enough value to make it worthwhile for users to pay, and subscription service is harder to push than ad-backed service. At the end of the day it's easier to sell an audience to advertisers than it is to sell a product to an audience. It's weird.

Either way, it basically means that they're trying to cultivate Blip's lineup so that it's appealing to ad buyers, and ad buyers, being advertising people, are biased towards certain trains of thought. They like clear demographics and strong brand identity.

So his format would already put him in that grey area just above the Podcast cutoff line, the lack of a brand identity makes it a weaker pick (for their point of view), and the negative attention from copyright folks gets him axed.

That's my guess.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

echopapa posted:

I hate to take up space in the thread like this, but Miss Wallace, what's the best way to contact you? I've found some material that I think would be right up your alley.

I got a twitter:
@Obscurus_Lupa
A Facebook:
facebook.com/obscuruslupa
And two tumblrs:
obscuruslupa.tumblr.com (personal)
olpresents.tumblr.com (just show stuff)

The message systems on any of these work. If you're wanting an address to send anything to, however, unfortunately I can't help you there. But I'm always open for suggestions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edrith
Apr 10, 2013

Thundersword238 posted:

Don't really think more stuff needs to be mentioned about Phil Buni, so let's talk about something more awesome!

Happy Viking just released a new Frothy Pint of Metal about Hatriot: http://blip.tv/frothy-pint-of-metal/frothy-pint-of-metal-hatriot-6670912

I don't think he's been mentioned here, so: Happy Viking is a 1,000 year old Canadian Viking who reviews metal, and occasionally movies, usually having to do with vikings or metal related subjects. He mostly reviews stuff positively, so if you don't like the reviews people like the Critic or AVGN make, you'll probably like him. He really brings a lot of energy and passion into the videos he makes.

EDIT: Wow, not only did I make a typo, it was a typo that made a bad pun relating to the guy I was just saying we should stop talking about :doh:

I really, really like this guy's music reviews. Not the most technical, but he's so goddamn enthusiastic about everything. His movie reviews go on for far too long, but his delivery is fantastic. The occasional intrusion of reality in the form of the writer man is great.

The Folk Metal Festivus and Equilibrium reviews are probably his best ones.

edrith fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Oct 24, 2013

• Locked thread