Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

WebDog posted:

There used to be a thread detailing the horror stories of Anime doll owners. People would imbue them with personalities and make cat ladies look sane.

Not Anime dolls. Asian Ball-jointed Dolls. :science: The best are from Korea.

The craft involved in these is incredible. As are the price tags. My sister spent over $1800 on a single doll, which then needed to have its wig made and clothes created.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Khazar-khum posted:

The craft involved in these is incredible. As are the price tags. My sister spent over $1800 on a single doll, which then needed to have its wig made and clothes created.

It's a testament to how judgmental I am, I scoffed heartily at this, despite dropping over $900 on my computer when I was 21 and clearly did not have the funds to do so. Yay Ramen.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Haymaker_Betty posted:

It's a testament to how judgmental I am, I scoffed heartily at this, despite dropping over $900 on my computer when I was 21 and clearly did not have the funds to do so. Yay Ramen.

Pfft, not even a comparison, you can't access the internet on a doll :colbert:

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

This one fucks with my spacial senses. You could stick her head anywhere and it wouldn't look any different.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Khazar-khum posted:

Yea, I think ball joint dolls are really cool but every time I like, google them to see if there's anything interesting or whatever the first results are always the nexus of spergy. People talking about how their dolls are just like their kids and posting pictures taking the doll on walks around the city and how they just NEED to spend five hundred dollars to buy precious Sakura-chan the right colored eye balls or they might as well just throw her out!

Also in case you have a life and kiss girls and poo poo and don't know anything about ball jointed dolls, they're like, super customization focused, so there's always poo poo like pics of a doll stripped down and with her head removed and opened up and it's always extra unsettling given the previous aspects of the communities.

Like, imagine if the cat lady at work ALSO had a jar full of cat eyes that she spent her entire paycheck on just one pair, and she constantly obsesses about getting the exact right shade of blue to put in her cats.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Bible rapper tries to freestyle...and fails. I felt bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQE2MuUdghk

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea, I think ball joint dolls are really cool but every time I like, google them to see if there's anything interesting or whatever the first results are always the nexus of spergy. People talking about how their dolls are just like their kids and posting pictures taking the doll on walks around the city and how they just NEED to spend five hundred dollars to buy precious Sakura-chan the right colored eye balls or they might as well just throw her out!

Also in case you have a life and kiss girls and poo poo and don't know anything about ball jointed dolls, they're like, super customization focused, so there's always poo poo like pics of a doll stripped down and with her head removed and opened up and it's always extra unsettling given the previous aspects of the communities.

Like, imagine if the cat lady at work ALSO had a jar full of cat eyes that she spent her entire paycheck on just one pair, and she constantly obsesses about getting the exact right shade of blue to put in her cats.

Understandably there is also quite a bit of crossover between anime fans and ball jointed doll collectors. You can buy pre-made dolls of your favorite character with every detail perfect and insanely detailed clothing. The costs are so high that it might as well be a one-off. The same company that makes the dolls also makes some of the best resin scale models. I had the "pleasure" of visiting the flagship store in Tokyo and then in Nagoya. I saw multiple people dropping $1000+ dollars on parts. There were dolls costing well over 5k and I know of one that someone bought used for 10k.

Im genuinely suprised that I didnt see any anatomically correct BJDs and i would like to think they dont exist, but I know better :smith:

Dat blank stare :stare:

They keep making them bigger scale
I have a feeling the logical conclusion will be buying sex dolls and making them like this

Fauxtool has a new favorite as of 05:12 on Oct 22, 2013

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

Fauxtool posted:

I have a feeling the logical conclusion will be buying sex dolls and making them like this

"Will be?" That's adorable.

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012

The Crotch posted:

:stare: No. No, we can not talk about this.

And just why the hell not?

For content, I offer this guy I know. This is how he dressed on his wedding day. He's a somewhat spastic, nerdy furry who married a definitely spastic nerdy furry. Obviously, they're in the center. On the outsides are the best man and maid of honor, who are husband and wife themselves. Can you tell they don't want to be there?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Tex Avery posted:

And just why the hell not?

For content, I offer this guy I know. This is how he dressed on his wedding day. He's a somewhat spastic, nerdy furry who married a definitely spastic nerdy furry. Obviously, they're in the center. On the outsides are the best man and maid of honor, who are husband and wife themselves. Can you tell they don't want to be there?

Is he going to take his wife out for dinner and a movie on her 18th birthday?

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

He looks 35 and she looks 15. :stare:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

DorkusMalorkus posted:

He looks 35 and she looks 15. :stare:

All the fluoride in the water is causing kids to discover their fursonas sooner and sooner these days :tinfoil:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

How'd he manage that?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That seems like a mismatch.
Maybe its the angle and we cant see her horrible scoliosis.

a princely dowry of 5 fursuits
VVVV

Fauxtool has a new favorite as of 07:28 on Oct 22, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How much do you think he paid her parents for her?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This man gave up at least two fatted calfs and a drat fine goat for that child bride and you dare to mock him? You're just jealous all you can afford is the fishmonger's daughter.

No for real that's from that 'Russian bride regret' tumblr isn't it?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

She must be really impossible to be around or something, cus yeah on looks alone that's one hell of a mismatch.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

Fauxtool posted:

Im genuinely suprised that I didnt see any anatomically correct BJDs and i would like to think they dont exist, but I know better :smith:

I have one from when I was a dumb teenager, and I think it's actually standard for them to have weird tiny dicks at least. God knows why, I definitely wasn't expecting it and it was hilarious opening the box in front of my parents and just bam tiny resin penis. All the clothes and wigs were so expensive that I basically stood the poor chap on a shelf (after putting his default clothes on for a bit of dignity) and never touched him again. Oh well!

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

I think it looks neat but it's definitely awkward and possibly gross.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

KATY PERRY posted:

I'm really hoping that's just some Oktoberfest's misguided mascot, rather than some chucklehead doing that voluntarily.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Fauxtool posted:

I'm almost certain that they exist and are after market modifications and I blame this thread for knowing that.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

robziel posted:

I'm almost certain that they exist and are after market modifications and I blame this thread for knowing that.

According to the goons who used to be in the customizing parts end of the BJD thing, there's even requests for labia painting and erect penises on these things.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Calico Heart posted:

I loving love Jacob Klamer and show him to everyone. There are so many great things about this video.

"Oh my, oh my!"
"the end"

And that fact that his personality is so fake that he has to really, really think, "how would I describe Elvis?" and the best he can come up with is "musical... person".

Like, I wonder if he does that voice when he's at home. If someone comes over, and he does the voice, will his mother say "Jacob, why are you talking like that?"

God I love Klamer. You'd really think someone so desperate for attention would have a blog or something.

I would genuinely love to hang out with this guy, just to see if he could keep the act up for extended periods of time, and how he reacts to different situations. Do you think he kept it up when the police were searching him?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Tea Bone posted:

I would genuinely love to hang out with this guy, just to see if he could keep the act up for extended periods of time, and how he reacts to different situations. Do you think he kept it up when the police were searching him?

There are one or two parts in that video where he either forgets or fails to do his 'voice' and he speaks normally.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

The pseudo-news report leading up to the dork's introduction was rather painful as well. That campus has to be incredibly loving boring if some scrubby bastard-personality born from the irrational union of a renaissance faire and 90's grunge groupie makes a big stir.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

KATY PERRY posted:

What part of this abomination looks neat to you?

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
The tits.

hseroK divaD
Jun 3, 2011

Creepy Richard will keep leering at you NON-STOP!

whoflungpoop posted:

Who's four tons of granite and in the Army? SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS

Who stands on my gravesite for eternity? SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS

This is all i could think of when i saw that article:

http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/SpongeHenge

For content:

It came from the 'chan

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

EmmyOk posted:

There are one or two parts in that video where he either forgets or fails to do his 'voice' and he speaks normally.

Haha, yeah I noticed.

I know a guy who went to Canada for a month and came back with a (clearly false) Canadian accent, which he claimed he just picked up. Since a child I've pronounced "three" like "free", about a year ago I tried to correct it, still now I catch myself using the "f" sound if I'm not really thinking about it, and that's just one phonetic sound. How insanely in your head all the time must you have to be to keep up a false accent like that? It seems like a lot of effort to just look like an idiot.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Tea Bone posted:

Haha, yeah I noticed.

I know a guy who went to Canada for a month and came back with a (clearly false) Canadian accent, which he claimed he just picked up. Since a child I've pronounced "three" like "free", about a year ago I tried to correct it, still now I catch myself using the "f" sound if I'm not really thinking about it, and that's just one phonetic sound. How insanely in your head all the time must you have to be to keep up a false accent like that? It seems like a lot of effort to just look like an idiot.

People pick up on others' speech patterns subconsciously as a way to endear themselves to them or empathize. However, that doesn't stop people from making one up.

My wife has a twin brother who speaks with a fake accent. Their mother is South African, but they have only ever lived in the US. Being twins, they were really never more than 20 feet apart for their entire childhood. He moved to another state as an adult, and came back and started talking with this fake accent to impress girls. Whenever his new girlfriend meets his family, they are always surprised that nobody else in his family, including his twin sister, speaks like he does.

It's pathetic.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

canyoneer posted:

People pick up on others' speech patterns subconsciously as a way to endear themselves to them or empathize. However, that doesn't stop people from making one up.

My wife has a twin brother who speaks with a fake accent. Their mother is South African, but they have only ever lived in the US. Being twins, they were really never more than 20 feet apart for their entire childhood. He moved to another state as an adult, and came back and started talking with this fake accent to impress girls. Whenever his new girlfriend meets his family, they are always surprised that nobody else in his family, including his twin sister, speaks like he does.

It's pathetic.

Ugh whenever I talk to my SoCal friends I always pitch my voice higher and say "like" and "right, yeah, totally" way more. I can hear myself doing it and it drives me nuts. Then again, when I'm talking to NorCal people I don't know well, I talk slower, lower, and more abruptly. WHO AM I

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

canyoneer posted:

I used to do this with speech patterns and mannerisms from books I read :(

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Haymaker_Betty posted:

Ugh whenever I talk to my SoCal friends I always pitch my voice higher and say "like" and "right, yeah, totally" way more.

I was expecting you to say you do it on purpose to troll them and see if they notice your fake valley girl accent.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Machai posted:

I was expecting you to say you do it on purpose to troll them and see if they notice your fake valley girl accent.
That's just their subconscious trolling everyone. You're a natural when you don't know you're doing it, and trolling is like breathing.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

canyoneer posted:

I have to physically stop myself from doing this because I'm worried I'll offend them. RE: British people on mumble, people with accents.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Turtlicious posted:

I have to physically stop myself from doing this because I'm worried I'll offend them. RE: British people on mumble, people with accents.

It's called Echolalia. My Dad does it a lot, he moved from Northern to Southern England in his twenties and now he talks with a Southern accent here and his original accent up North, or around his northern friends. Not only that but it happens with any accent, after a few minutes talking to someone he'll start picking up a twinge of their accent. I assume it's a side effect from "learning" a new accent when he moved.

There is however a massive difference between sub-consciously synchronizing your accent to your location/people around you and forcing a fake one all of the time for attention.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Benedict Cumberbatch looks weird bald.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Human beings are social animals, and I'm sure there's a bit of DNA coding involved in integrating into new communities and picking up the local flair to fit in.

Meanwhile Klamer is a fake, attention-starved twat.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tea Bone posted:

It's called Echolalia. My Dad does it a lot, he moved from Northern to Southern England in his twenties and now he talks with a Southern accent here and his original accent up North, or around his northern friends. Not only that but it happens with any accent, after a few minutes talking to someone he'll start picking up a twinge of their accent. I assume it's a side effect from "learning" a new accent when he moved.

There is however a massive difference between sub-consciously synchronizing your accent to your location/people around you and forcing a fake one all of the time for attention.

you mean like this awkward fake accent?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaDQ1vIuvZI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

:stare:

• Locked thread