Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."
I just found out something kinda weird. Even though security get delivery alerts for the morgue and crematorium they don't have access. Not sure, but that doesn't seem like it's intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Security has access through the red door on the right of the morgue, dummy.

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."

WarpedNaba posted:

I'd have thought so too, but I couldn't get in.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Daeren posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-24648526

DO - NOT - GET - DOWN - WITH - THE - CLOWN - OR - THE - CLOWN - WILL - GET - DOWN - WITH - YOU - WOOP WOOP

I actually came back to this thread to reminisce when I heard this story.

I fear for the safety of all you weed growing botanists with these horrible clown assassins on the loose.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Goddamnit! I had a FANTASTIC round as a miner. Everyone worked together and be got our gems and armor and everything all good to go. Sent crate after crate of ore to the QMs and everything.

I happened to find a phaser in an abandoned crate with an EMP module and an Extended Homing Module to install. Sweeet. Especially nice since at the end all the Borgs were ordered to build a maze to prevent people from reaching escape. Me and buddy miner hit up the pod and then started blasting borgs left and right trying to save everyone only for me to be HIT BY THE loving SHUTTLE. :argh: I was so close! So very very close!

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

WarpedNaba posted:

The Detective does, but not security, as far as I can tell.

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Dirk the Average posted:

The Detective does, but not security, as far as I can tell.

Oh. That makes sense actually. It might be nice for security to be able to get in there too though. Then again that'd kind of overlap with what the detective is supposed to do some maybe not.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

DelphiAegis posted:

I haven't played in ages, I only played enough to understand the crazy poo poo happening in the stories, but the post in the OP is wrong; it says to connect to slurm.us:*port* but the links on the images go to ss13.lljk.net:*port*. I was confused as hell and very sad until I realized this oversight.

Whoops! must have been an oversight from when the servers were changed. All fixed now! I've also added Razage's very informative Let's Play series to the OP in case some of you guys weren't aware of it.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Some people try to gain access to places they don't need to through the weirdest and dumbest ways. Yes yes you are part of security. What's this? Something up with the singularity? Buddy I'm an engineer and I was just done checking the drat thing I know there is nothing wrong it.

And then he gets all uppity. Sheesh. :v:

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Cicadalek posted:

You can definitely make a sandwich sandwich, though I'm not sure if this carries over all the properties of the old one. It can certainly make the description so long it gets cut off by the context menu.

Other discoveries: you can make a sandwich out of nothing but bread (gently caress u botany grow some food for once)

I love growing food for the cafe/bar, but I've been unlucky every time I've been selected for botany. Either there are four or more botanists and no QM to order up extra plant trays or bees, making it incredibly crowded, and making me chase down a HoP for a job change, OR there's simply nobody cooking.

It's my dream to light up everyone's life with some drat fine chili and start 5 alarm challenges with medics on standby. Speaking of spicy stuff, I wonder if it's possible to make chili beer, which is a real thing and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody outside of its novelty gross-out factor, like salmon soda or turkey cola.

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

Captain Bravo posted:

The best Chemistry round was the round where Science was determined to have finally gone Too FarTM and the entire research wing was deleted and replaced with a band room. :v:

Haha. That was me! I made the band room! :v:
And yes, it was super smoke that caused the server to poo poo itself so hard they it had to be force reset :gonk:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I'm a bit foggy on this, but I could swear an admin once lined the walls of chemistry with erebite ore after a particularly grueling round of chemistry shenanigans. This would've been on Shroom Station. I think the entire room was temporarily moved out of the way to reduce casualties in case for when the chemists accidentally set the erebite off with a flashfire.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Are you quite sure it was accidental? I know in most cases if you told a chemist that a room was covered in thermite or erebite or anything flammable or explosive, they'd gleefully detonate the whole thing on purpose.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Supernorn posted:

I've also added Razage's very informative Let's Play series to the OP in case some of you guys weren't aware of it.

I fully support this. If you guys haven't seen Razage's LP, I'll say this much and no offense to him: it's not really entertaining at all. poo poo no it's not, it's one of the most boring things you'll watch because you're watching someone else play Space Station 13. But then he will do something you never realized you could do like open a closet as a cyborg or show off the best way of accomplishing your task like when he made millions as a QM or the times when he is funny he's hillarious like his Janitor episode where he showed not only how to be the best janitor and make people fall down, but the most efficient way to make EVERYONE fall down.

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

I fully support this. If you guys haven't seen Razage's LP, I'll say this much and no offense to him: it's not really entertaining at all. poo poo no it's not, it's one of the most boring things you'll watch because you're watching someone else play Space Station 13. But then he will do something you never realized you could do like open a closet as a cyborg or show off the best way of accomplishing your task like when he made millions as a QM or the times when he is funny he's hillarious like his Janitor episode where he showed not only how to be the best janitor and make people fall down, but the most efficient way to make EVERYONE fall down.

He missed one of the janitor's tricks, you can still be more efficient. :colbert:

(His videos are definitely good, and they deserve to be in the OP.)

Five
Jan 6, 2009

LeadRobot posted:

I just spent my 3:00 in the morning as a medical director giving an hour long lecture on videogame medical science to a troupe of doctors.

What am I even doing with my life at this point.

I guess on the bright side LLJK#1 has 3 more prodocs now.

That was me you started with! And I definitely put that to good work because there was a Sarin crisis the next day.

Edit: Its a shame the servers went down in the middle of the last round. I was having fun as the AI because there was this one guy running around expecting me to open doors the split second that he asked.

Five fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 24, 2013

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I love this game. A scientist runs into the bar and hands out pills marked "Fun!" Nobody takes one. They are too smart for that. I, as bartender, dissolve a pill into a bottle and produce Sarin-flavored ice cream, and people fall all over themselves to grab and eat it. :v:

Klayboxx
Aug 23, 2013

Please pay attention to me :(

Captain Bravo posted:

I love this game. A scientist runs into the bar and hands out pills marked "Fun!" Nobody takes one. They are too smart for that. I, as bartender, dissolve a pill into a bottle and produce Sarin-flavored ice cream, and people fall all over themselves to grab and eat it. :v:

People like to know what is dissolving their innards :colbert:

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Donnerberg posted:

I'm a bit foggy on this, but I could swear an admin once lined the walls of chemistry with erebite ore after a particularly grueling round of chemistry shenanigans. This would've been on Shroom Station. I think the entire room was temporarily moved out of the way to reduce casualties in case for when the chemists accidentally set the erebite off with a flashfire.

That was me during one of my less subtle 'gently caress chemistry' phases.

Gealar
May 2, 2013
I had a fun round as a janitor over the weekend. I was walking around with my space cleaner and a spray bottle full of water. The water turned out to be incredibly useful. I was summoned to medical to clean up some blood and gibbs. Shortly afterward a wizard lit most of the command staff and security on fire. I wondered if spraying them with the water would put it out. It does but also makes the floor slippery. There were many thanks given to me that were almost immediately revoked as the people I saved slipped and fell over.

I also want to thank the borg that offered me lava to put in my spray bottle. I would have taken it if I wasn't having so much fun with extinguishing people with water and I would not have been able to drink it later after you gave it to the barman.

Its rounds like this that make me come back to keep playing.

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost
If you haven't read the DynaMars Corporation Information Kiosk articles from our very own front page, you really owe it to yourself, you can hardly tell they aren't actual SS13 stories.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Gealar posted:

I had a fun round as a janitor over the weekend.
Last time I was Janitor, I decided to be the normal floor-wetting rear end in a top hat because I hadn't seen one for a while. I brought my mop down to medbay, and also stopped by the custodial closet near Escape to grab a trash bin. As people slipped on the floor, I'd yell 'THE FLOOR'S WET' (and point to my wet floor sign). Anyone who didn't get up immediately got stuffed in my trash bin, including, at one point, the Captain. I guess the Captain didn't know you can just kick open a normal trash bin because he stayed in there a good 10 minutes.

Eventually a Medical Doctor spots me stuffing some glass or something in my bin, and seeing the Captain in there. He goes ape and rescues the Captain, and starts screaming for the HoS to arrest me.

The HoS asks me what the gently caress, and I said "He was a vagrant, and under part 83.1 of the Nanotrasend Custodial Manual, vagrants are trash that must be cleaned."

The HoS says "Well, I can't argue with protocol," and tells the medical doctor to shut up.

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

I had a gimmick a while back where everything had to be absolutely tidy. I would not allow anything on the floor. No exceptions for things like "medbots", or "IDs", or "human beings".

For some reason people got upset, but I was just being the best janitor I could be.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Admiral Funk posted:

I had a gimmick a while back where everything had to be absolutely tidy. I would not allow anything on the floor. No exceptions for things like "medbots", or "IDs", or "human beings".

For some reason people got upset, but I was just being the best janitor I could be.

If it's on the floor, it's trash. This goes for everything that isn't nailed down, chairs, tables, everything must go.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Unhappy Meal posted:

If it's on the floor, it's trash. This goes for everything that isn't nailed down, chairs, tables, everything must go.

Also the floor itself is trash. And the walls. It's all trash. All must return to void.

disassemble

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Dunite posted:

Nice to hear chemistry has changed.

One match I was playing as a chemist helping another chemist that had played more than I had.
Suddenly the admin takes a huge steaming poo poo on me accusing me of cheating.
I was completely confused as I had still barely mastered the controls of the game.
Apparently the guy I had been working with was pulling recipes from a list of compounds from a website or some such that the admin had discovered.
He had assumed my guilt through association until I explained to the admin that I was fresh to the game.
He gave me a pass but said to never use outside resources or he would ban my rear end.

Suffice it to say I was scared shitless.

Also discovering how to make coke by mixing random ingredients was awesome.

I'll never understand poo poo like this. If this bothers an admin so much, why not just make it so that difficult recipes contain a degree of randomness to them? Are you really going to spend an eternity trying to enforce a lovely, hosed up rule based on wild accusations just so you can avoid writing a few lines of code?

There are things people can do that would make the adminning process a lot easier, but for whatever stupid reason they just don't, especially on RP servers.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
What happens when you suspect an admin of abuse, anyways? You can't really prove it, especially if he was the only admin online at the time.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Artificer posted:

What happens when you suspect an admin of abuse, anyways? You can't really prove it, especially if he was the only admin online at the time.

You go onto the official Goonstation forums and use the "Admin Complaints" subforum.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Is LLJK #1 down currently? It doesn't seem to be showing up on the list

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
So what exactly is supposed to happen when you're tagged by an EMP grenade as a borg? I got a message stating that my law file was corrupted that I was unable to load a law backup (pretty much the same message as being emagged). However, upon checking my laws, all of my laws were in place (including the freeform law 4 put in that round). I adminhelped and the admin informed me that EMP grenades were supposed to wipe laws and add an ion storm law or something, but that it was odd and maybe that functionality wasn't working. We agreed that I should just keep on following my laws, so I did so.

Also had a hilarious law that round where someone declared themselves supreme leader of the station and that all borgs/AI must listen to what he said. We listened intently to his every word (he wasn't very talkative). We couldn't act on his words of course, but boy did we listen.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Artificer posted:

Like Cheeto said, report it on the forums. Everything is logged, and the coders and other admins with file access are very happy to pull logs and find out what went down and handle it. Sometimes this means Getting Yelled At, sometimes it means getting demoted, sometimes it means getting banned entirely.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

EMP Nades used to work like a short-term emag back on Shroom, I dunno when that got changed. Even if that's looking weird though, you can just yell and scream that there's space sharks off the starboard bow for or start singing sea shanties for the next 10 minutes. No reason to not get fun and goofy just because some stinky law set didn't change.

I'm not saying kill anyone of course, but by the same token you could just as easily not report a break-in or theft because it's actually a butterfly dancing on top of the tulips and not Johnny McTraitorpants stealing a riot shotgun.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 24, 2013

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

PopeCrunch posted:

That was me during one of my less subtle 'gently caress chemistry' phases.

I keep telling you. Just make the chemistry walls out of something flammable and the problem will automatically solve itself.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Nine of Eight posted:

I keep telling you. Just make the chemistry walls out of something flammable and the problem will automatically solve itself.

Nah it just means a firesuit will be required chemistry equipment, instead of highly recommended.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Soho Joe posted:

If you haven't read the DynaMars Corporation Information Kiosk articles from our very own front page, you really owe it to yourself, you can hardly tell they aren't actual SS13 stories.

Dynamars Information Kiosk posted:

Exciting news, residents! Quantum Labs has reached a breakthrough in the ongoing war with wheat allergies. They have completed construction of a prototype "superloaf," a remarkable new form of bread. This superloaf, codenamed Species 134-B, has been placed in Security Locker 427, with the password 227.

Dynamars Information Kiosk posted:

DynaMars Corporation wishes to apologize to the friends and family of the 13 crewmembers killed by Leaf Elgar. We had no idea he was suffering from severe space dementia, or that giving him a slice of the superloaf would imbue him with supernatural strength, which he used to chop people to pieces with his famous game winning hockey stick.

Actually, I think these are ripped off of SS13 rounds. :v:

Klayboxx
Aug 23, 2013

Please pay attention to me :(

Captain Bravo posted:

Actually, I think these are ripped off of SS13 rounds. :v:

Or the other way around :shrug:

Mugabe
Dec 4, 2012

I have died many times. I have actually beaten Jesus Christ because he only died once.
So what are some fun gimmicks to do as the Medical Director, especially when your knowledge of medicine is next to nothing? I thought about doing a Frank Burns impersonation, but I am not sure if any other players would get it.

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Mugabe posted:

So what are some fun gimmicks to do as the Medical Director, especially when your knowledge of medicine is next to nothing? I thought about doing a Frank Burns impersonation, but I am not sure if any other players would get it.

Try unsuccessfully to re-enact M.A.S.H.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I learned something new today: when pulling an item, clicking on a space causes the item to move to that location! I figured this out while being boxed in by a borg as a changeling with such evil implements as crates and air cans.

I also flung a guy I absorbed out the airlock, holy poo poo they move fast when there is no friction!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mugabe posted:

If you're a traitor, try conducting practical lessons on a "volunteer" for the medical department. Teach them how to properly treat various poisons and burns ("Doctor Pubbie has been injected with coniine from my pen. See if you can save him before he dies"), as well as how to perform surgery. And why you should never, ever, transplant limbs onto someone else. "As you can see, the greyshirt's hand is now throttling him to death."

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Oct 25, 2013

• Locked thread