Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

Thank you kindly. May I ask what search term you used to find that?

I was initially just looking for "din 8 connector" but that was bringing back all sorts of garbage. I hand-browsed Products->All Products->Circular Connectors->Circular DIN Connectors and then filtered on DIN, Female, and 8 Contacts. If that's not exactly the right socket, browse through the list (there's only about 50 options, and most have pictures) and see if there's a different one that matches up. :)

Edit: Look for 8 pin 262 degree connectors. http://www.therfc.com/dinconn.htm looks a little shady, but they appear to have them. DP8/262 is the part on there. Still poking around for anything else that would match.

G-Prime fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
From my experience with mouser I couldn't find the right connector however if you don't care about the cable too much I was able to just force my Genesis cable into the U shaped one fine for my ghetto CMVS :downs:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

G-Prime posted:

I was initially just looking for "din 8 connector" but that was bringing back all sorts of garbage. I hand-browsed Products->All Products->Circular Connectors->Circular DIN Connectors and then filtered on DIN, Female, and 8 Contacts. If that's not exactly the right socket, browse through the list (there's only about 50 options, and most have pictures) and see if there's a different one that matches up. :)

Edit: Look for 8 pin 262 degree connectors. http://www.therfc.com/dinconn.htm looks a little shady, but they appear to have them. DP8/262 is the part on there. Still poking around for anything else that would match.

Ah thank you so much. "262 degree" was the key I was missing.

It appears as though Digikey at one point ever had one (model 20GM8M) but it's long gone!

I am only hellbent on using the Genesis 1 scart pinout because of how bountiful high-quality RGB SCART cables are. If you want a high quality RGB cable for the Nintendo A/V port, you pretty much have to shell out $90 for the Nintendo brand SFC RGB cables.

Hell no. I'll be able to type "genesis model 1 scart" into eBay for the next 200 years, probably.

Thank you for your help big time! Also, this is the first time a website ever asked me for this info:

edit: ah, crap. The DP8/262 is for a plug, not a mount. I'm just gonna melt down the pins so it fits in the 270 degree jack I guess.

flyboi posted:

From my experience with mouser I couldn't find the right connector however if you don't care about the cable too much I was able to just force my Genesis cable into the U shaped one fine for my ghetto CMVS :downs:

Yeah it seems like only the Genesis really used this weird type of connector for consoles. I wonder why. I noticed the connector for my PCE is the same for my TI-99 4/a. Sega doing it before Sony made it cool!

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 29, 2013

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,

Ah thank you so much. "262 degree" was the key I was missing.

It appears as though Digikey at one point ever had one (model 20GM8M) but it's long gone!

I am only hellbent on using the Genesis 1 scart pinout because of how bountiful high-quality RGB SCART cables are. If you want a high quality RGB cable for the Nintendo A/V port, you pretty much have to shell out $90 for the Nintendo brand SFC RGB cables.

Hell no. I'll be able to type "genesis model 1 scart" into eBay for the next 200 years, probably.

Thank you for your help big time! Also, this is the first time a website ever asked me for this info:

edit: ah, crap. The DP8/262 is for a plug, not a mount. I'm just gonna melt down the pins so it fits in the 270 degree jack I guess.

Yeah it seems like only the Genesis really used this weird type of connector for consoles. I wonder why. I noticed the connector for my PCE is the same for my TI-99 4/a. Sega doing it before Sony made it cool!

Let's give this one more go. I've nearly exhausted my internetting powers for the day. http://www.wallcoinc.com/Pan_Pacific_DIN_46100_8S_262_262_DEGREE_DIN_8PIN_p/wal78-din-46100-8s-262.htm (Can you tell that I'm really excited to see how that NESRGB performs? >.>)

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007

midge posted:

Being a collector in Canada is really starting to kill my interest. So many sellers won't ship over the border, even though it's cheaper to send it North than it is South. Shipping something from anywhere in the USA is cheaper than someone from Ontario sending me something, Canada Post is a loving joke.

Nothing like paying $20 shipping on a $20 game.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

G-Prime posted:

Let's give this one more go. I've nearly exhausted my internetting powers for the day. http://www.wallcoinc.com/Pan_Pacific_DIN_46100_8S_262_262_DEGREE_DIN_8PIN_p/wal78-din-46100-8s-262.htm (Can you tell that I'm really excited to see how that NESRGB performs? >.>)

Your model number lead me to a pic of it: http://www.arcade-electronics.com/v/vspfiles/pan_pacific/catalog_page112.pdf

That's a cable end again, but it lead me to the correct model number!

I promise you the most spergiest of details for you on the performance of the NESRGB!

edit: how are people so smart that they can actually create and make something like this?

http://retroactive.be/tech_n64_hdmi.php

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 29, 2013

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

manpurse posted:

Nothing like paying $20 shipping on a $20 game.

I wish this was a joke. Buying a single game from a an eBayer isn't worth it, so I miss out on single auctions. Most of the time I need to look to resellers - their combined postage works out to be a better "deal".

Nowadays I'm waiting for big game swap events, driving hours and spending $500 at a swap to inject my collection.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

manpurse posted:

Nothing like paying $50 shipping on a $20 console.

Fixed. No wonder I'm broke. :retrogames:

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,

Your model number lead me to a pic of it: http://www.arcade-electronics.com/v/vspfiles/pan_pacific/catalog_page112.pdf

That's a cable end again, but it lead me to the correct model number!

I promise you the most spergiest of details for you on the performance of the NESRGB!

If it really comes down to it, a female cable end would be close enough to do the job. It sure wouldn't look pretty hanging out the back of the console, but you could still solder it to the board and have it hanging out. Still, glad to know you got to the right model number. :)

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
poo poo man. After I pay for these I'm blocking myself from being able to access eBay or something.

Rufus is gonna be super mad at me for buying Famicom Ultima which is surely inferior to the SMS/C64/ST ports. Also this which I am SUPER excited for. That's how much I want to pay for a pirate cart, not all the $30+ pirate games on eBay.

edit:

how are people so smart that they can actually create and make something like this?

http://retroactive.be/tech_n64_hdmi.php

I don't get the N64 fanbase at all man. I just don't. This looks incredible but I just don't even get it.

Bing the Noize fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 29, 2013

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

^^ No regrets man. You've got Pooyan.

Dance Dance Revolution!

No, not quite...

Not even.

That's more like it!

It's Wikipedia posted:

The Game Boy versions of Dance Dance Revolution are the first in the series to lack the traditional dance mats meant for feet. Instead, a plastic pad comes with the games and can be clipped onto the front of the player's Game Boy. All of the games immediately provide an option to play using the pad, which is designed to visually resemble a traditional DDR dance pad. This is meant to give the games a more authentic and familiar feel, allowing the player to "dance" with his or her fingers. If the pad is not available, the games can still be played by using the Game Boy's directional arrows and leaving the dance pad option off; this option simply changes the arrow controls to match the edges of the pad. For dealing with jumps (two arrows at the same time), the 'B' button functions as the up arrow, while the 'A' button works as the right arrow. This extra feature is provided since the Game Boy's directional pad does not allow pressing up+down or left+right at the same time.

The series is also well known for an arrow sync issue that makes every song a whole 8th note early, making it difficult to score well.

Using this monstrous piece of plastic you can press two opposing directions at the same time that should be impossible with the d-pad alone.

Around Y2K Konami published three DDR titles developed by Now Production on the Game Boy Color. These are official 8-bit remixes of Dance Dance Revolution.

I can't find any credits but I would love to figure out who is responsible for some of these remixes like the very spooky 8-bit El Ritmo Tropical.

These remixes are mostly hilarious to me having grown up around some DDR but only now discovering the GBC versions. So put on some headphones and leave on annotations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxdBVd91Yro

e: higher quality version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIF7P5xfKlo

As of writing 8 of the discs can be clicked. You'll notice that there are serious encoding artifacts on the arrows, especially when they move quickly. The videos are all recorded in VBA with the Cinepak Codec. They look great in a media player so the culprit has to be how Youtube handles such low res video.
For maximum pretty I could have captured the windows running at 3x resolution. Really though I was in it for the audio; a lot of these don't have clean versions on Youtube.
Speaking of which the audio quality is great. Well, for what it is. In each video I provide links to download the MP3 kind of.

I have been playing with the normal directions mapped to the face buttons on a PS3 controller. This works out most of the time and the desperate attempts at left and right quickly enough for the game to accept it as near-enough-simultaneous make the handicap worth it. Usually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bqLKqvqY8A

I also want FEEDBACK on the songs themselves from Chiptune enthusiasts and audiophiles on the 8-bit takes on the songs themselves. I can barely tell my saw waves from my square waves. Do you think a song is good or bad? Tell me why and maybe I annotate up the existing video for the song with your quotes about the dumb refrain.

If there is enough interest I could organize this better make a LP thread. I would also like to figure out who the heck directed the sound on these. I'm not sure I want to do more than the first GBC game because I don't know most of the later songs but it could be fun too. I'm curious if another video host would improve video playback quality, please tell me if you know.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 29, 2013

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

G-Prime posted:

If it really comes down to it, a female cable end would be close enough to do the job. It sure wouldn't look pretty hanging out the back of the console, but you could still solder it to the board and have it hanging out. Still, glad to know you got to the right model number. :)

I had to order 19 of them to make the $15 minimum. :retrogames:

Re: Canadian shipping prices. The USPS boosted up the cost for international shipping sometime last year. I went to mail a model 2 Sega CD once and they quoted me something like $50.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 29, 2013

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
gently caress man. I wanted GB DDR so bad when I was an extreme DDR nerd. In fact, I still do, what am I saying. Do they all have that lag issue though? That sucks.

Also I wanted a pirate NARC cart from that dude I bought all those Fami games from but he wasn't going below $5.50 on that and I wasn't having it. I am probably the only person in the world who actually had fun playing that game, as lovely as it was.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

ACID POLICE posted:

gently caress man. I wanted GB DDR so bad when I was an extreme DDR nerd. In fact, I still do, what am I saying. Do they all have that lag issue though? That sucks.

Also I wanted a pirate NARC cart from that dude I bought all those Fami games from but he wasn't going below $5.50 on that and I wasn't having it. I am probably the only person in the world who actually had fun playing that game, as lovely as it was.

In VBA the games are still just too lovely otherwise to notice the lag.

Look at that loving box art though.

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
I see that, man. That mushroom is hella hyphy.

I think I'm gonna make an effortpost on Famicom Mahjong games soon. I just wanna get Ide Yousuke mahjong with that crazy controller Capcom made for it so I can provide an authoritative review of it.

Also that dude let me get the Polish pirate cart of NARC super cheap since I was buying so much other junk, hell yeah

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

I was desperate to own GB DDR back in the late 90s, but the prices on ebay were always out of my wheelhouse so I never got it.

Should look into picking a copy up down the line...

These sound pretty accurate, albeit heavily scaled down, to the originals... what I'm saying is that I could immediately recognize them.

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 29, 2013

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

Heran Bago posted:

I also want FEEDBACK on the songs themselves from Chiptune enthusiasts and audiophiles on the 8-bit takes on the songs themselves. I can barely tell my saw waves from my square waves. Do you think a song is good or bad? Tell me why and maybe I annotate up the existing video for the song with your quotes about the dumb refrain.

Knowing some of the original material AND what the Gameboy can do sound wise I'd have to say these versions are half-assed. But given the game and the system it's on I can't say I'm too surprised by that.

I might have to ask around to see if my chiptune friends know of better covers.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The pro Let's Play nerds told me I need to re-encode my videos and they're totally right.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I was on the fence between a white pc engine vs a core grafx, white shell or easier video.

So I pulled the trigger on a Turbo Express instead. Fits in better with my shelf of handhelds and eventually I can bring it to work and play it. The volume is on the way out though and will need a capacitor change. Still, I payed below the average with shipping and that's always nice.

Thought I'd keep up with the stream of posts about wasting money.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Heran Bago posted:

That's more like it!

Using this monstrous piece of plastic you can press two opposing directions at the same time that should be impossible with the d-pad alone.

Around Y2K Konami published three DDR titles developed by Now Production on the Game Boy Color. These are official 8-bit remixes of Dance Dance Revolution.

There were five, actually! GB1, 2, 3, Oha (pictured) and Disney's Rave. I actually have DDR GB2, and I hardly ever used that clunky dance pad thing. :v: Mainly because it wouldn't fit on the GBA SP, but honestly, it felt really cheap and like it was going to break any time you'd snap it onto your GBC. Besides, B and A were mapped to Up and Right anyway, so you never actually needed it. I should really make a quick video review of that someday, but my one GBC just doesn't work anymore (and it was my childhood one :cry:)

ACID POLICE posted:

GB2 didn't, or at least it felt just fine for me.

gay skull fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 29, 2013

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Blackchamber posted:

I was on the fence between a white pc engine vs a core grafx, white shell or easier video.

So I pulled the trigger on a Turbo Express instead. Fits in better with my shelf of handhelds and eventually I can bring it to work and play it. The volume is on the way out though and will need a capacitor change. Still, I payed below the average with shipping and that's always nice.

That's not a waste of money (until you buy the TV tuner).

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Blackchamber posted:

Way to :retrogames:

http://console5.com/store/kits/game-console-cap-kits/game-console-cap-kits-nec/nec-turboexpress-cap-kit.html

Now replace all them caps before it stops working :getin:

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Quiet Feet posted:

That's not a waste of money (until you buy the TV tuner).
Yeah I'd put that on my list of things to buy next to the gamegear tv tuner. And yeah its not a real waste considering I'll have one less TG16 next month.

Wow. Thanks! I was looking on google and some site was charging $60 for a cap kit (wtf?!) This saves me a trip to frys/radioshack.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

smooth players posted:

Canada shipping

Last year I wanted to treat myself to an NES repro for my birthday. I shopped around and could only find one guy offering the Star Trek V game. It was at https://www.nesreproductions.com. I liked the guy's layout and prices, but it didn't dawn on me until after I ordered that he was in Canada.

Price was $25 which including shipping airmail shipping BACK to me. The catch, which I knew about, was he needed me to send him a donor cart. No problem, I sent him a duplicate of Lee Travino's Fighting Golf. I was blown away when I was charged $19 to ship the mother. What further blew me away, is that most of the money the guy charged me (because he obviously didn't get any of the $19 I paid to ship my donor to him) went to shipping the game back to me.

If this guy was in the states I'd be giving him a ton of business for random repro gifts to people, but the fact so much is tied up in s&h I can't justify it. Oh also, despite what others say, the Star Trek V game kicks rear end. I'd compare it to...maybe Rolling Thunder.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Tyson Tomko posted:

If this guy was in the states I'd be giving him a ton of business for random repro gifts to people, but the fact so much is tied up in s&h I can't justify it. Oh also, despite what others say, the Star Trek V game kicks rear end. I'd compare it to...maybe Rolling Thunder.

Why not buy donors on Canadian ebay and have them shipped directly to the repro guy?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Also, was there something special he was doing to the donor cart? He couldn't just send you the board and let you stick it in yourself (and glue on the label)? The security bits to open games up are pretty cheap.

scrub lover
Apr 22, 2005

Blackchamber posted:

Sup TurboExress buddy. I seriously play TG16 games on that thing WAY more often than my actual TG16. Only problem is that small text is practically illegible on it, which ruins some games (Military Madness for example).

Speaking of which, Military Madness is a sweet turn-based war game that Turbowners should pick up if they haven't already. It's essentially Proto-Advance Wars.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

the wizards beard posted:

Why not buy donors on Canadian ebay and have them shipped directly to the repro guy?

GENIUS. There are some really cheap games that work as donors for most of the games I want so I'll see about doing this in the future.

Blackchamber posted:

Also, was there something special he was doing to the donor cart? He couldn't just send you the board and let you stick it in yourself (and glue on the label)? The security bits to open games up are pretty cheap.

I'm no eeprom flashing expert or anything (maybe JJJJJJJJJS can give his 2 cents) but if he would have offered this as a service I definitely would have taken it. I'm almost positive he was taking my donor cart, flashing it with the Star Trek V rom, and mailing that back to me. For the record though his label jobs were super nice and the price (minus s&h) was also nice.

That being said though, I'll stick with JJJJJJJS because his turnaround times were WEEKS quicker. Also worth mentioning the 2 repros I got from the JJJJJSter were Earthbound and the River City Ransom spirtual sequel which both dominate.

VVVVV Yes this.

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 29, 2013

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Unless you're using the retrousb pcbs to build a reproduction cartridge the donors require rewiring specific pins as the pinout on the mask roms is not 1:1 to the flash cartridges. Requires some handy work to finish properly.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Ah ok. For some reason I thought he was buying beat up games in bulk for the boards and doing the work on them then using a donor cart so they didn't look like total poo poo.

Makes more sense I guess.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
Since it's an NES game the mapper chip (if present) needs to match as well, unless there are hacks like that Castlevania II dial-a-ROM system to patch for several mappers. Star Trek V is pretty common being an apparent SLROM MMC1, and enough is known that an MMC1 can be re-created in a FPGA, but that would make the repro much more expensive though it won't require a donor cart.

The situation with the NES means you need pretty specific classes of donor boards, where most SNES games can be swapped with minimal reconfiguration so long as you have a MAD1.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,

I had to order 19 of them to make the $15 minimum. :retrogames:

Re: Canadian shipping prices. The USPS boosted up the cost for international shipping sometime last year. I went to mail a model 2 Sega CD once and they quoted me something like $50.

Obvious solution: Sell them to other retrogoons for use with their NESRGB when they get one. Since the Model 1 RGB-SCART cables are so plentiful, should be a good option for people. Recoup a couple bucks of the cost that way. Hell, I'll probably buy one from you once I buy the board.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Man, I played DDR for ages back in college (the mall just down the road from the school had a Korean 3rd Mix machine), and I had heard rumor of the Game Boy version, but never actually encountered it. poo poo looks insane.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

G-Prime posted:

Obvious solution: Sell them to other retrogoons for use with their NESRGB when they get one. Since the Model 1 RGB-SCART cables are so plentiful, should be a good option for people. Recoup a couple bucks of the cost that way. Hell, I'll probably buy one from you once I buy the board.

Yeah especially since no one seems to sell them any more. Hell I'd love to do these mods for people but I lack the time.

JJJJJS
Sep 17, 2007

Tyson Tomko posted:

GENIUS. There are some really cheap games that work as donors for most of the games I want so I'll see about doing this in the future.

I'm no eeprom flashing expert or anything (maybe JJJJJJJJJS can give his 2 cents) but if he would have offered this as a service I definitely would have taken it. I'm almost positive he was taking my donor cart, flashing it with the Star Trek V rom, and mailing that back to me. For the record though his label jobs were super nice and the price (minus s&h) was also nice.

That being said though, I'll stick with JJJJJJJS because his turnaround times were WEEKS quicker. Also worth mentioning the 2 repros I got from the JJJJJSter were Earthbound and the River City Ransom spirtual sequel which both dominate.

The other posters covered it pretty well. The nesreproductions guy uses the donor cart that is sent in to him. I buy all the donor carts myself so I have carts on hand. It's one of the reasons that his prices are a couple bucks cheaper. NES stuff is getting to be a pain to deal with. Donors used to run me around $3. With prices how they are in the retro community I'm now paying $6-$8. Factor in the time to go out and find them, parts, label and the time to put one together and NES stuff just about breaks even.

Shipping internationally sucks these days. Rates are all over the place. Sometimes shipping to Canada is $7, sometimes it's $20 for the same item. I'm almost convinced that they just make up the prices at the post office. Ship times are strange as well. It tends to take between 1 week and a month for delivery to say, Vancouver BC...which isn't all that far from Oregon. Going the other way, Canada to US is a few days.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

JJJJJS posted:

The other posters covered it pretty well. The nesreproductions guy uses the donor cart that is sent in to him. I buy all the donor carts myself so I have carts on hand. It's one of the reasons that his prices are a couple bucks cheaper. NES stuff is getting to be a pain to deal with. Donors used to run me around $3. With prices how they are in the retro community I'm now paying $6-$8. Factor in the time to go out and find them, parts, label and the time to put one together and NES stuff just about breaks even.

Shipping internationally sucks these days. Rates are all over the place. Sometimes shipping to Canada is $7, sometimes it's $20 for the same item. I'm almost convinced that they just make up the prices at the post office. Ship times are strange as well. It tends to take between 1 week and a month for delivery to say, Vancouver BC...which isn't all that far from Oregon. Going the other way, Canada to US is a few days.

You know for nes anymore that retrousb pcb is about on par for donors now aside from the SRAM and various other chips. I'm looking at mmc5 boards at the moment for a repro of rom city rampage and that mega man hack. About poo poo my pants when I saw the donor I need is $15 for a terrible game.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I want to play through Mother 3 but the battle system is jacked up on emulators. I have a DS Lite. Is there something fairly inexpensive I can slap into the GBA slot that will run this thing properly?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Timett posted:

I want to play through Mother 3 but the battle system is jacked up on emulators. I have a DS Lite. Is there something fairly inexpensive I can slap into the GBA slot that will run this thing properly?

Do you also have access to a DS flash card? If so, EZ Flash 3-in-1.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
The EZ FLash 3-in-1 wont work without the DS flash card?

edit: it will work in a GBA though... hmm... might be cheaper to get a GBA and the EZ Flash than the DS Flash Card and the EZ Flash.
edit 2: Hey Nintendo look at how much money I'm about to spend to play your game!

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asbrandt
Feb 16, 2011

Timett posted:

The EZ FLash 3-in-1 wont work without the DS flash card?

Nope, it only has the norflash and ram of one, relying on the DS card to actually send anything to it or pull saves from it.
You could borrow one to flash a game to nor, but then you'd have to hope the save battery never dies on it.

EDIT: The EZ Flash 4 is a full flashcart, the 3-in-1 can permanently store one game and be used like a normal GBA cart, but you would have to replace the shell with one that fits in the GBA which is not easy and the save memory is battery-backed,with a battery that isn't particularly good.

Asbrandt fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 30, 2013

• Locked thread