Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
So unless I'm forgetting one of the AB Game Rules, it seems to me like the winning strategy is this:

1. Gather everyone in one place.
2. Nobody goes into the AB Rooms.
3. If somebody tries to go into the AB Rooms, hold them down by force.
4. Everyone automatically Allies due to absence.
5. Everyone gets +2 points with no chance to betray.
6. Repeat 3 times.
7. Everyone leaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
If nobody of a trio goes to vote, they all get penalized.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
E;fb: At least one person in a trio HAS to vote, or all 3 get penalized. Once they're inside, how can you ensure they'll ally?

Honestly though, if someone brought the idea of "everyone allies, everyone leaves" to the whole group I don't see why they wouldn't all go "hey good idea". But then again, there's a lot of mistrust to go around with these characters.

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?
You are forgetting one of the rules! One of the rules that exists to prevent your exact strategy.

One person from each pair + solo group must vote, or they all get penalized. Which means that, at the very least, you need one person you'd trust to be able vote "ally" per 3-person group. And somehow, I can't help but feel that that would complicate things to the point where the whole plan falls apart.

Edit: F;B.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Dang. Still, a bit of mob justice seems like it'd do the trick: Six people stay behind and send the other three to vote Ally, promising to beat the poo poo out of them if they Betray. K isn't allowed to be his group's voter because he's too hard to injure.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
It's a strange deal, because we saw in just this update that K ran right into the AB room despite being asked not to go. Doesn't seem like we could stop him by force either.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Ramengank posted:

Doesn't seem like we could stop him by force either.

Simple, because he's the robot (or at least one of them, if there's more). "I must go" could be that he was given an (unbreakable) order to make sure that Ally is pressed, walking in as if he didn't even hear Phi doesn't necessarily mean something nefarious was happening

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Sigma thinks Dio is already voting but it wouldn't be too surprising if something had happened to him. I mean a character disappearing for a moment in this game usually results in them turning back up in less-than-stellar health, so far anyway.

Sentient Data posted:

Simple, because he's the robot (or at least one of them, if there's more). "I must go" could be that he was given an (unbreakable) order to make sure that Ally is pressed, walking in as if he didn't even hear Phi doesn't necessarily mean something nefarious was happening

Alternatively, as a robot he has a shameless button-pushing fetish and... okay I like your idea better.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
e: Actually, never mind

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Elite posted:

Sigma thinks Dio is already voting but it wouldn't be too surprising if something had happened to him. I mean a character disappearing for a moment in this game usually results in them turning back up in less-than-stellar health, so far anyway.

Calling it. Sigma will be shocked to find Dio picked "ally", and then find his corpse.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Hm. How are we to be sure the cure is what it says it is? You can relabel bottles, or put things in different containers.

Theory: Dio gets paranoid about getting the disease, takes it himself, only it's not the cure, it's poison.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Poland Spring posted:

Calling it. Sigma will be shocked to find Dio picked "ally", and then find his corpse.

Dio actually chooses to vote ally but it's such a big surprise to himself that he dies from shock.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

Sentient Data posted:

He and Clover betrayed Alice in the first AB round.

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Elite posted:

Dio actually chooses to vote ally but it's such a big surprise to himself that he dies from shock.

Actually, Dio can't ally because no matter what room he goes into, only the Betray button appears on the screen. It's not his fault, guys!

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

kvltmanifesto posted:

He and Clover betrayed Alice in the first AB round.

Did Clover ever explain this?

klaphark
Mar 10, 2013

Mister Roboto posted:

Did Clover ever explain this?

Nah, we caught the tail end of their conversation with Alice saying something like: 'I understand, it's behind us now' or something to that effect.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Alright, poll's closed. 242 to 110 in favour of Ally.

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Time to see whether Dio earns any more gentlepoints, then. My guess: "no".

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It occurs to me that we've chosen to ally on every vote so far. Just like Luna.

I guess it wasn't coincidence the thread ended up voting to go with her first. :v:

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
It can only turn out horribly.
Which is why I voted ally, of course. :suspense:

Plus, we might just get to find out a little more about the 'real' Dio by playing into his hands.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

69% of 352 respondents wanted to be a good person...

Results will be displayed in the warehouse.
Thank you for your participation.
Ambidex Gates now opening.

Let's go.

...Welp.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Time to get our reward.

RefinedUndefined fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 31, 2013

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Our imminent demise aside, I can't help but notice that:

1. K and Alice betrayed.

2. Alice doesn't show up in the mugshot reaction screen.

Guess K's not as altruistic as we thought.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Oct 31, 2013

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Guess K's not as altruistic as we thought.
Or smart enough to know that when 50% of all possible outcomes lead to someone else walking out, you should make sure you can go with them.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Dio you gently caress :argh:

He couldn't POSSIBLY let us live, now could he?

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Who didn't see that coming? K was surprising though, wonder what's going to happen there.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I can't wait to see the Dio apologists try to justify this. :allears: :munch:

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Yeah, just a reminder that this game's name is Good People Die.

W.T. Fits posted:

Nothing to apologize for here :munch:

tiistai fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Oct 31, 2013

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

"Virtue's Last Reward" fits this scenario equally well.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

W.T. Fits posted:

He tripped and fell into the monitor, accidentally clicking Betray in the process. drat those touch sensitive machines!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lotus circle posted:

He tripped and fell into the monitor, accidentally clicking Betray in the process. drat those touch sensitive machines!

Quark was the one who voted betray.

Somehow.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.

Cake Attack posted:

Quark was the one who voted betray.

Somehow.

There's a mini-Quark under Dio's hat, and that's how Quark pulled it off.

Pringles Monster
Nov 1, 2012
So now we can all agree to default to Betray if perchance we end up with Dio again?

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

Pringles Monster posted:

So now we can all agree to default to Betray if perchance we end up with Dio again?

I promise and agree to nothing.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

2. Alice doesn't show up in the mugshot reaction screen.

Could that be a hint that she didn't get a say in the voting? I guess if she's absent because of unconsciousness or death, we'll find out any minute.

Fedule posted:

69% of 352 respondents wanted to be a good person...

Hey! I didn't vote ally because I wanted to be good, I voted ally because I wanted to see the poo poo hit the fan.

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

That's a weird place to put a cliffhanger, unless Zero was bluffing about the penalty. I know I'm grasping at straws here, but we've yet to see any confirmed deaths due to running out of points.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

RoeCocoa posted:

That's a weird place to put a cliffhanger, unless Zero was bluffing about the penalty. I know I'm grasping at straws here, but we've yet to see any confirmed deaths due to running out of points.

This is routine for post-AB Game updates.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I bet Dio smashes the cure anyway and just laugh at Sigma as he's dying.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

SgtSteel91 posted:

I bet Dio smashes the cure anyway and just laugh at Sigma as he's dying.

Even better, I want to see Siggy get injected with the painkillers, then Dio toss the bottle to Sigma saying "Welp, I always keep my promises", and of course Sigma reacting too slowly or fumbling which leads to the bottle shattering on the floor anyway

Side note, even though we've seen Dio on the little cutscene thing, he hasn't popped up yet as actually physically being there - maybe something bad happened to him in the meantime? Hell, maybe Clover figured he was the murderer and slit his throat, then Dio stumbled into the room and hit betray as his final act of revenge against her? For all we know right now Dio could be unconscious or bleeding out or dead - he could have hit the button at any time in the past 40 or so minutes, not just waiting until the last second like Sigma does.

E: Thinking about it, could that also be why she was so eager to jump to the voting screen and press betray herself, since she knew that Dio would end up picking betray due to her own direct actions and didn't want to unintentionally kill Sigma also because of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Aaand, we're dead.
On the positive side, it seems like this situation is as huge a clusterfuck as it can get...
...I'm being incredibly naive, am I not?

Can't say i agree that the title's proving particularily adequate in this particular case- allying here wasn't being good or virtuous, it was just suicidally stupid.

So, now that Dio's gone and killed us(HUGE TWIST!!!), I'm really curious as to the workings of the goonmind. How many of you who voted ally actually expected Dio not to betray? How many of you have already played through the game and just wanted to force this particular outcome? Do you think you could make a quick pol on the side, Fedule?

And now that this path is pretty much behind us, A quick reflection and a few crackpot theories:

-This seems a strong candidate for the route Phi had observed in our previous run: would explain her fear of allying and her doing what she could to prevent Dio from voting.

-Now that we know about what Radical-6 does, it would seem that some of the "murders" might have actually been suicides. I have a particularily strong suspicion about Luna. We've seen Clover enter the room where she died, apparently arguing with her and then escaping. If my theory's correct, Luna's snapped in the middle of the argument, pulled out the needle gun and shot herself in the vein. Other possible candidates for suicide are the old lady and Alice, though there might have been some prof to the contrary I'm just not remembering right now.

-I'd say that we can now be sure Dio is the one to force a betrayal in the first round of AB game, and quite possibly the one who killed everyone who didn't commit suicide (with the obvious exception of himself :v:)

E: spelling fixed.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 1, 2013

• Locked thread