Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Q_res posted:

When I look at the rear of a California all I can see is :saddowns:

Fortunately that thing should be getting a redesign soon.

I see :regd09:

poo poo new page... Don't watch it if you don't wanna spoil Death Proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btjQ0Ty6o2M

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Oct 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Aargh posted:

It could just be an American thing, like those hideous bumpers you guys got on 911's. Just because your DOT has a regulation on brake light positioning doesn't mean it's world wide.

Still a terrible decision as I'd imagine the US is the largest market for the car.

It's not clear, but AFAIk all versions of the car have the same lights.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/articles/2008/10/cars/ferrari/california/ferrari-california-car-review

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
I love the level of dedication this shows.
:downs: "Hood ain't gon' fit, boss."
:black101: "gently caress it, make a new one."

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

I see :regd09:

poo poo new page... Don't watch it if you don't wanna spoil Death Proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btjQ0Ty6o2M

Love that goddamn movie. I hear it was edited pretty badly in the cinema release though.

I love his "Well Pam, I told you this car was deathproof, and that wasn't a lie. But to get the benefit honey..." line, as well as a dozen others. Kurt Russel rules.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Slavvy posted:

Love that goddamn movie. I hear it was edited pretty badly in the cinema release though.

I love his "Well Pam, I told you this car was deathproof, and that wasn't a lie. But to get the benefit honey..." line, as well as a dozen others. Kurt Russel rules.

My favorite part is when he turns into a huge whiny baby when his prey fights back. I legitimately get a sense of satisfaction from that whole movie.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

I thought I was the only person who enjoyed Death Proof.

Makes me kinda want a Nova...

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Sorry I just wanted to rewind on the thing about Death Proof being edited poorly; it was an homage to double features and grindhouse flicks.

The pair of movies themselves reused cast members and shots between them; and intentionally made bad jump cuts with the soundtrack skipping and all, because the movies of the time they were imitating did that.

Content for the Content-God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31JgMAHVeg0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk9SZbrh_Tg

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Slavvy posted:

No. It's about design not function. Let there be vents; lots of manufacturers can successfully cover a car in vents without them looking like poo poo. It's the shape, and layout, and the horrible shiny black plastic that makes it look like a hotwheels toy.

Except actually you're wrong and the vents are there because they found out, via the C6.R race car, that those vents need to be there to cool things like the brakes and the diff and the transaxle, but whatever, keep fighting the good fight.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Death Proof loving owns, and so does Bullitt.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

drgitlin posted:

Except actually you're wrong and the vents are there because they found out, via the C6.R race car, that those vents need to be there to cool things like the brakes and the diff and the transaxle, but whatever, keep fighting the good fight.

Read what I said. I am aware that the vents are functional and there for a reason. I said that the shape and layout of the vents is poo poo compared to a car with decent styling, lots of which are absolutely drowning in vents. It looks like a plastic toy.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
Function over form. And in this case, the form is still loving awesome so it's win/win.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

drgitlin posted:

While I think that the C7 is growing on me, Slavvy wasn't saying the vents were unnecessary, he was saying that the vents could look a whole lot better. I agree.

Whoops, efb

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Homage or not, Death proof was terrible and Planet Terror did it better. It was like six hours of unfunny, boring chit chat with about six seconds of gratification.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

EOS40D__010156e2 by eshaun

EOS40D__010133e2 by eshaun

EOS40D__010244e2 by eshaun

EOS40D__010207e by eshaun

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I have no idea who this is by but man I like it...

Edit: Liberty Walk apparently.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Oct 31, 2013

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Vroom vroom!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpscxyyHMxc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0OeAACdn6g

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Am I just getting old? Or would this car be 10 times more awesome if it was about 3 inches higher so that it could actually be driven without worrying about tearing the bottom off of it. I mean, my first car was super slammed and it looked cool, but I had to drive super careful and slow as poo poo most of the time. My current car I won't even lower because it already scrapes certain intersections. I love how a super slammed car looks, but it's so much more satisfying to have a balanced suspension that lets you hoon like a total rear end in a top hat with disregard to the bottom of the car.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BMW is all like "Remember that time we made the best looking cars in history?"

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Rhyno posted:

BMW is all like "Remember that time we made the best looking cars in history?"

And then the NHTSA is like "remember how we want pedestrians to survive if you run them the gently caress over because they were in the middle of the god drat road? :downs:"

:(

(this is why there are no popup headlights anymore, among other things.)

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

kastein posted:

And then the NHTSA is like "remember how we want pedestrians to survive if you run them the gently caress over because they were in the middle of the god drat road? :downs:"

:(

(this is why there are no popup headlights anymore, among other things.)

And then BMW is like, "Tell those fucktards to stop walking through red lights then".

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Don't you fly into the windshield either way?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Syncopated posted:

Don't you fly into the windshield either way?

If bumpers were razor sharp the pedestrian would be sliced in half and the upper part would just fly over the car and cause less damage.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

veedubfreak posted:

Am I just getting old? Or would this car be 10 times more awesome if it was about 3 inches higher so that it could actually be driven without worrying about tearing the bottom off of it. I mean, my first car was super slammed and it looked cool, but I had to drive super careful and slow as poo poo most of the time. My current car I won't even lower because it already scrapes certain intersections. I love how a super slammed car looks, but it's so much more satisfying to have a balanced suspension that lets you hoon like a total rear end in a top hat with disregard to the bottom of the car.

That car is definitely on bags and set low for the photo. It is/was owned by the same guy who owned "rusty slammington" aka the rusted out e28 535i

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

BraveUlysses posted:

That car is definitely on bags and set low for the photo. It is/was owned by the same guy who owned "rusty slammington" aka the rusted out e28 535i

That makes more sense.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BraveUlysses posted:

I like to remember that Rusty used to look like this:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Yeah, it looked nice but it was totaled, so not a surprise he turned it into rusty. I liked the car, personally but I think that guy is a huge prick.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I generally can't stand the whole stance scene but Rusty was so over the top I couldn't help but like the dumb thing.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

13 INCH DICK posted:

Homage or not, Death proof was terrible and Planet Terror did it better. It was like six hours of unfunny, boring chit chat with about six seconds of gratification.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought so. It was such a bait-and-switch when compared to the trailers.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Brain Issues posted:

Just got our first RS7 in at the dealership. It sounds absolutely brutal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXG4GIVt_BE

Twin Turbo V8, 560HP

That is 100% off the hook.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Slavvy posted:

Read what I said. I am aware that the vents are functional and there for a reason. I said that the shape and layout of the vents is poo poo compared to a car with decent styling, lots of which are absolutely drowning in vents. It looks like a plastic toy.

Apologies, I misunderstood your post. I still disagree about the styling but that's cool people have different tastes.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I like to remember that Rusty used to look like this:

I like the before as well. This isn't half bad for a car that burned, though.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

This Hudson was being restored by the company named in the background. It was about 90% complete when I saw it. I saw a lot of really cool cars including a 64 Lincoln convertible with white walls so big it nearly wrapped over the tread.

Possibly horrible, but cool to see one unmounted. Delivered this to Discount Tire. I think that this was something like a 435 size. It was laughable and wrapped around to awesome for me.

My first sand rail ride was last weekend. Nothing else in life matters. 3 seater (two were removed for less weight/better suspension). Blown LSx, the front end never seemed to touch the ground. It was literally the coolest thing of my life.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

So someone did a mock up of what a GT500 shooting brake would look like.

I... I kind of like it.

http://www.carthrottle.com/proof-that-a-mustang-gt500-shooting-brake-would-look-phenomenal/

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Fat-rear end.png

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
That spoiler up so drat high and the ugly plastic beneath makes me think of a Prius that misses the 80s.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I kinda like it.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

front wing flexing posted:

Function over form. And in this case, the form is still loving awesome so it's win/win.

This is a man who is correct.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Form is a function.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I like the before as well. This isn't half bad for a car that burned, though.

That photo is pre-incineration. It's being rebuilt again though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I really like that Mustang Shooting-break mock-up