Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Aumanor posted:

Can't say i agree that the title's proving particularily adequate in this particular case- allying here wasn't being good or virtuous, it was just suicidally stupid.

Sure it was. We saved Quark's life, assuming Dio doesn't decide to be a double-dick and smash the bottle anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
We continue to always pick the first option in every poll. I have a simple fix: From now on put Betray first in the voting. :getin:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Aumanor posted:

Other possible candidates for suicide are the old lady and Alice, though there might have been some prof to the contrary I'm just not remembering right now.
Regarding the old lady: the blade was already taken out of her and hidden between the AB booths, wrapped up in a handkerchief. Old lady probably didn't do that herself.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Sure it was. We saved Quark's life, assuming Dio doesn't decide to be a double-dick and smash the bottle anyway.

I just really don't see about any chance of Dio making good on his side of the bargain- he literally doesn't have a single reason to do so. He's already killed one person, and can now escape. Which, as you might remember, means that even if Quark gets the vaccine, he's still stuck there until the end of his life, along with all the others who stay.

So no, suicidally stupid and possibly harmful to everyone else involved (possibly because K getting to 9 and leaving might render the influence on others a moot point) is all this decision was.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 31, 2013

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Aumanor posted:

-I'd say that we can now be sure Dio is the one to force a betrayal in the first round of AB game, and quite possibly the one who killed everyone who didn't commit suicide (with the obvious exception of himself :v:)

Dio's just symptomatic, and pulling off the longest suicide game possible- getting everyone else angry enough to kill him. He just can't do it himself, so he has to goad others into killing him.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I saw it coming, and I still voted for Ally.

Because I wanna see what sort of fallout is going to happen for Dio before we die.

That, and I wanna see just how much of an rear end in a top hat he can be :unsmigghh:

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Aumanor posted:

I just really don't see about any chance of Dio making good on his side of the bargain- he literally doesn't have a single reason to do so. He's already killed one person, and can now escape. Which, as you might remember, means that even if Quark gets the vaccine, he's still stuck there until the end of his life, along with all the others who stay.

So no, suicidally stupid and possibly harmful to everyone else involved (possibly because K getting to 9 and leaving might render the influence on others a moot point) is all this decision was.

He doesn't have a reason not to give up the vaccine either though, unless he plans to take it himself just in case he caught Radical 6 from Quark. He's free to leave, so it's not like people will turn on him when he reveals that he used a child's life as blackmail.

It was a stupid decision, but I think it was a virtuous one regardless.

judgementbringer
Oct 9, 2012

Aumanor posted:

Aaand, we're dead.
On the positive side, it seems like this situation is as huge a clusterfuck as it can get...
...I'm being incredibly naive, am I not?

So, now that Dio's gone and killed us(HUGE TWIST!!!), I'm really curious as to the workings of the goonmind. How many of you who voted ally actually expected Dio not to betray? How many of you have already played through the game and just wanted to force this particular outcome? Do you think you could make a quick poll on the side, Fedule?

That's why I voted Ally, but the reason why I wanted it to go in this direction won't become apparent until later. But that's all I'm going to say about it. To say more would be spoiler territory. (also I fixed those spelling errors cause I'm OCD like that :v: )

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Aumanor posted:

So, now that Dio's gone and killed us(HUGE TWIST!!!), I'm really curious as to the workings of the goonmind. How many of you who voted ally actually expected Dio not to betray? How manu have already played through the game and just wanted to force this particular outcome? Do you think you could make a quick pol on the side, Fedule?

As someone who hasn't played the game before and who figured that Dio was pretty likely to vote Betray, I voted "Ally" just to see what would happen. Will Sigma actually die right here and now? Or will there be some kind of twist?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Aumanor posted:

So, now that Dio's gone and killed us(HUGE TWIST!!!), I'm really curious as to the workings of the goonmind. How many of you who voted ally actually expected Dio not to betray? How many of you have already played through the game and just wanted to force this particular outcome? Do you think you could make a quick pol on the side, Fedule?

There's really no need for that, given that the whole point of the off-site polling to begin with was so that the thread wouldn't be cluttered up with tons of vote posts and justifications behind them. :v:

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
Yay! Now I can finally post this gif animation thing I made way back when!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Honestly, I just wanted people to be aware that Dio was a douche. :v:

HelloWinter posted:

Oh, that was your Tumblr? I would've cited you as the artist if I'd known that.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
Oh, no worries. I'm not all that privy when it comes to fan art.

edit: Quote is not Edit. :(

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

That .gif is the best. And it still makes me hear "Take On Me" in my head whenever I see it. :allears:

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

W.T. Fits posted:

There's really no need for that, given that the whole point of the off-site polling to begin with was so that the thread wouldn't be cluttered up with tons of vote posts and justifications behind them. :v:

I thought the point was to prevent a flood of posts that are just

quote:

I vote Ally

With no explanation, because 90% of the people voting aren't going to explain why they voted as they did. I don't think anyone cares if you post something like

quote:

I voted ally because my mother taught me to always keep your promises, and Sigma promised to vote ally.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

W.T. Fits posted:

For a game like this, the experience of the LP isn't limited to just the game itself - the off-site voting makes things a hell of a lot easier to count the votes and stop a flood of 3-word posts, but a huge chunk of why I (and I'm assuming most of the thread) keep coming back is the interaction of the readers. Justifications and speculations that vary so widely add tons of depth to the LP, and if you step back it can even give a sense of how conflicted the inner workings of Siggy's mind could actually be.

Stopping the justification posts in a thread like this seem to be pretty analogous to going to a Rocky Horror theater showing and trying to sush the audience because you're trying to watch the movie.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Welp we died. The end.

I hereby move that we rename the thread to "Dio Must Die" :colbert:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

DarkHamsterlord posted:

I thought the point was to prevent a flood of posts that are just

"I vote Ally"

With no explanation, because 90% of the people voting aren't going to explain why they voted as they did. I don't think anyone cares if you post something like

"I voted ally because my mother taught me to always keep your promises, and Sigma promised to vote ally."

Sentient Data posted:

For a game like this, the experience of the LP isn't limited to just the game itself - the off-site voting makes things a hell of a lot easier to count the votes and stop a flood of 3-word posts, but a huge chunk of why I (and I'm assuming most of the thread) keep coming back is the interaction of the readers. Justifications and speculations that vary so widely add tons of depth to the LP, and if you step back it can even give a sense of how conflicted the inner workings of Siggy's mind could actually be.

Stopping the justification posts in a thread like this seem to be pretty analogous to going to a Rocky Horror theater showing and trying to sush the audience because you're trying to watch the movie.

Fair enough. I was mainly under the impression it was to curtail justification posts because it also would curtail the posts from people complaining about how the people who've played the game before and thus already know what's going to happen are unfairly influencing the direction the LP goes. But I suppose that was a mistaken assumption on my part.

That said, I still don't think it's necessary for Fedule to make another off-site poll just to indulge someone's curiosity.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Uh.

The reason anyone uses offsite polls in LPs is so that the thread doesn't get gummed up with page after page of Ally Betray Ally Ally Betray Betray Betray Ally Ally Ally Ally where no-one bothers actually discussing anything because it'll get swept up in an endless sea of votes. Also because it allows more readers to vote.

Curtailing justification posts is exactly what I don't want to do. There's no thread rule against discussing the decision at hand!

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
So I think the whole point of this game, like the first one, is to help fix something through time travel weirdness. We're meant to save Quark and have everyone escape safely with Dio tied up and revealed as some sort of horrible murderous person.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Oraculum Animi posted:

So I think the whole point of this game, like the first one, is to help fix something through time travel weirdness. We're meant to save Quark and have everyone escape safely with Dio tied up and revealed as some sort of horrible murderous person.

So basically you want 999 completely repeated, except with Dio instead of Ace in the trunk of the car as they drive out of the factory while they see another 2000 year old Egyptian princess?

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Mister Roboto posted:

So basically you want 999 completely repeated, except with Dio instead of Ace in the trunk of the car as they drive out of the factory while they see another 2000 year old Egyptian princess?

The time element isn't there like in 999, at least not yet. Instead we have a disease and robots instead. There are also different puzzles and different character interactions and why some characters have reappeared. I just feel a major point in this game is to find the choices that enable us to give the antidote to Quark and escape with everyone alive. Our first attempt failed with most everyone dead and now this attempt is going to (presumably) end up with us dead and the head rear end in a top hat escaping.

klaphark
Mar 10, 2013
What the gently caress K/Alice? That actually caught me totally off guard. This has to be K's doing right? I wonder if he expected Tenmjouyi to betray for some reason. Don't be evil mr robot :(

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Super Jay Mann posted:

Welp we died. The end.

I hereby move that we rename the thread to "Dio Must Die" :colbert:

Yeah, I don't see what the point of this is. Unless Zero III was lying, Sigma will die really quickly, so even if interesting things happen, mostly we won't see them. Sure, Dio will get his head caved in probably, but that doesn't matter because this is a dead end route. And probably 99% of the people that voted Ally knew it and didn't care. I have no idea what the hell is going on. :smith:

Granolaman
May 6, 2013
Presumably we're dead, and most likely we are, but I'm still gonna hang on to the hope that Siggy cuts of his arm/slides something solid between his wrist and the needles/constructs the world's largest lever and snaps the thing off.

Seriously, have these guys never seen a Saw movie?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

We have ten minutes between the injection of the Soporil and the poison. Just enough for dramatic tension!

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

klaphark posted:

What the gently caress K/Alice? That actually caught me totally off guard. This has to be K's doing right? I wonder if he expected Tenmjouyi to betray for some reason. Don't be evil mr robot :(

Do you even remember the previous update? K and Alice both knew that Tenmyouji stayed behind to look after Quark and would auto-ally. Therefore K or Alice chose Betray knowing they'd both get an easy 3 points. Also note that Tenmyouji won't die if he's betrayed. He's pretty safe at 6 4 points.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ramengank posted:

Do you even remember the previous update? K and Alice both knew that Tenmyouji stayed behind to look after Quark and would auto-ally. Therefore K or Alice chose Betray knowing they'd both get an easy 3 points. Also note that Tenmyouji won't die if he's betrayed. He's pretty safe at 6 4 points.

Alice said she was not going to betray because that would give K 9 points. They tied to get K to stay behind so he would not betray but he clearly lied that he would not backstab.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Oraculum Animi posted:

This game doesn't have time travel or morphic fields, as far as I can tell. The branching paths are just that: different possibilities, like a CYOA book. Going down each path and finding the right order of events as a player, not as a character, is the order of the day.

I voted ally because I wanted to see how big of a dick Dio really is.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I voted for this in part because I was curious to see if Dio would in fact attempt to murder Sigma, and to confirm that in such a case that we really would die. If we all voted for Betray because we feared that Dio would betray us, we'd just probably end up having that same argument again some time later. I'd rather get it over with now.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

W.T. Fits posted:

I can't wait to see the Dio apologists try to justify this. :allears: :munch:

He clearly has a daughter with Radical-6, and he needs to rush out to heal her with the Axelavir.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
I was more interested in seeing if Dio would uphold his end of the bargain and give the Axelavir back. I figured Sigma would die because Dio wants to get out of there at any cost, but now that he's at 9 points and supposedly free to escape, I wonder if he'll help Quark before leaving or just be a dick.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Alice said she was not going to betray because that would give K 9 points. They tied to get K to stay behind so he would not betray but he clearly lied that he would not backstab.

I don't mean to sound like a K apologist, but isn't it possible that Alice was lying so she would get more points for herself? I mean, it can certainly be bad if K walks right out, but he doesn't HAVE to walk out right away, right? Even if a person has 9 points they could stay and wait for others to get more points, unless I'm forgetting a rule. This would require Alice to have a lot of trust in K however, which she is very unlikely to have. So yeah, it's a simpler (and more likely) explanation for K to have overpowered Alice and pushed Betray himself and be evil. But that's certainly not as evil as Dio's betrayal. :argh:

Anyway, my main gripe was with the sentence "I wonder if he expected Tenmyouji to betray for some reason", which is a line of reasoning that doesn't make sense because they all knew Tenmyouji was physically unable to vote this round.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

klaphark posted:

Well, I don't know if we've seen K vote Ally in any paths, yet. I honestly can't remember.

Also, Betray got him to 9, so perhaps he could use that to chase after and strangle Dio for being a giant dickbag.

Finally, Luna was betrayed in the first round this time, so she might have voted instead of K.

The final explanation is that K is a robot and was programmed to be nice to everyone except when voting.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

HelloWinter posted:

Could someone please make this into an avatar? This is just so... Wonderful. :allears:

[e]: It's doubly satisfying to see Dio's face being punched in over and over again.

Granolaman posted:

Presumably we're dead, and most likely we are, but I'm still gonna hang on to the hope that Siggy cuts of his arm/slides something solid between his wrist and the needles/constructs the world's largest lever and snaps the thing off.

Seriously, have these guys never seen a Saw movie?

I agree, wouldn't that give Sigma and company just enough time to sever his hand to avoid being poisoned and suffocating to death? I'd rather lose my hand than my life, to be quite honest.

[e2]: Also, does anyone know what Kotaro Uchikoshi had in mind originally for the sequel considering the higher-ups supposedly told him to tone it down after 999?

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 1, 2013

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
[e]: Sorry, double post.

DeliciousCookie
Mar 4, 2011
I'm sort of dissapointed that dio voted betray. It seemed like it was so obviously going there that the game would have tried to subvert expectations a little. But, nope, Dio is a right bastard afterall.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
At least he's consistent. He always votes "Betray" 100% of the time.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
I figured he'd have some complex plot behind it all, but nope, just a conniving little prick. K buddy, you better avenge our dumb dead rear end.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

DeliciousCookie posted:

I'm sort of dissapointed that dio voted betray. It seemed like it was so obviously going there that the game would have tried to subvert expectations a little. But, nope, Dio is a right bastard afterall.

Well why would he do that, though? He'd be at eight points, and if people are gonna think you're an rear end in a top hat either way...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

It's good to see that even at 1 BP Luna still sticks to her guns and votes Ally. You just know Phi wanted to hit Betray so bad.

As for Sigma, what an idiot. To willingly vote Ally against someone who would try blackmail, you'd have to be suicidal or something-
Oh god. Sigma's got radical-6! :tinfoil:

• Locked thread