Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Cheshire Puss posted:

No-one ever wants to be Despair.

Easiest costume. Get naked and drag fishhooks across your skin. Try not to get committed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BRA-loving-VO.

That's some inspired poo poo right there man.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Holy poo poo. I can actually hear the piano.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Great idea, but he needs more :smug:.

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

Norm has really let himself go back there.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LingcodKilla posted:

Easiest costume. Get naked and drag fishhooks across your skin. Try not to get committed.
It's be done quite effectively.
Edit: Slightly :nws: for fake nipples.
Edit: Link that works.
http://imgur.com/jyBRahC
http://imgur.com/zb44xby

Say Nothing has a new favorite as of 04:57 on Oct 30, 2013

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Say Nothing posted:

http://i5.minus.com/jlCn3mEVGzV6L_e.jpg

Not sure what you linked there.

Killer_Frost
Nov 30, 2011

I hit my nephew yet I don't hesitate to judge other people's parenting skills.
PS MY BABY CAROLINE CAN NEVER SHARE A LAP WITH BALLS. Lol

Say Nothing posted:

http://i5.minus.com/jlCn3mEVGzV6L_e.jpg

Page does not exist.

I think I know exactly which costume you're posting, it's a friend of mine. I'll see if I can find one for everyone.

Here she is.
:nws:
http://imgur.com/jyBRahC
http://imgur.com/zb44xby

Killer_Frost has a new favorite as of 04:46 on Oct 30, 2013

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

LingcodKilla posted:

Not sure what you linked there.

I don't know if you mean you can't see it, or you're confused, but that's Despair, a character from the comic Sandman. :nws:Here's:nws: a picture of what she looks like in the comic.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Gann Jerrod posted:

I don't know if you mean you can't see it, or you're confused, but that's Despair, a character from the comic Sandman. :nws:Here's:nws: a picture of what she looks like in the comic.

Killer took care of it. The link was bad.

Draconi Ann
Oct 4, 2006

I am an Angel of the Lord.
Wow. That is really creative.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Draconi Ann posted:

Wow. That is really creative.

What is that a reference to?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

What a Judas posted:

What is that a reference to?

Cheers

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

I saw your post before you edited in the spoiler, so I had to Google the names, but I found it. Thanks! That's a striking resemblance.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

What a Judas posted:

I saw your post before you edited in the spoiler, so I had to Google the names, but I found it. Thanks! That's a striking resemblance.

I hit "Post" and clicked away and then said "drat it, forgot to put the spoiler text in."

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Just taking this chance to post this, because everybody needs to see the Cheers intro. Hell, everybody should watch cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS0VQOHX7lM

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
An awesome Cyborg.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Awesome Dexter cosplay.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Say Nothing posted:

An awesome Cyborg.

That is loving amazing.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Cutbacks at Fort Kickass?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Athenry posted:

Cutbacks at Fort Kickass?
What do expect when those corporate bagmunchers owe him $630 for his god-drat FLEX ACCOUNT! :argh:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!
Does it still count as cosplay if you don't go to a convention, but still put a crapload of effort into it? Here's my Halloween costume, for which I spent the last five months sewing (and growing a moustache):

For reference (Gangs of New York):

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Patattack posted:

Does it still count as cosplay if you don't go to a convention, but still put a crapload of effort into it? Here's my Halloween costume, for which I spent the last five months sewing (and growing a moustache):

I loving love it.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Patattack posted:

This is awesome! Did you make the hat? Any progress pictures?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Maybe it's because I'm deliriously sleep deprived but I really enjoyed this

http://epdaily.tv/all/spotlight/scotts-spectacular-cosplay-challenge-extended-cut

The on-air version had less of the groaners.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Patattack posted:

I love it, and I love you. I've been wanting to do Bill the Butcher for YEARS!

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
This is more than just a few months late but here was my highlight of my trip to the UK:

This was at the Manchester Comicon back during the summer. In the line with some friends I mentioned that "Man, if anything I'd ever cosplay as it'd be a Colonial Marine" and then I come across these guys. It was doubly awesome they complimented my shirt. I have a Weyland-Yutani one as well but if I wore that I think those pulse rifles would have been aimed at my head instead.

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

Funhilde posted:

This is awesome! Did you make the hat? Any progress pictures?

Not many progress pictures, sadly...I was kind of in crisis mode throughout October because it took me like 4 months to make those pants, then I had only 4 weeks to wrap up everything else. And then I got laid off last week, which theoretically gave me more time to work on the costume, but was pretty stressful and occupied a lot of my attention. In lieu of progress pics, I can give a quick rundown:

- The hat was custom-made, but not by me! A friend makes ladies' hats for steampunk cons and such, and after my order with an online custom-hat-maker fell through (i.e., they took my money and disappeared), my friend stepped up. For her first-ever men's hat, and an extra tall one at that, I think she did a great job.
- Pants were constructed from scratch using an Edwardian pattern. And I'd never done any serious sewing before, so let me tell you, it was a learning experience. I found a pretty-close purple fabric with white pinstripes, and discovered that if I dyed it yellow, I'd end up with the perfect burgundy with gold pinstripes that I saw in the reference shots. I am so, so proud of these pants.

- Vest was also made from scratch by me. The fabric was originally a button-down flannel shirt that just happened to have a 90% accurate plaid pattern, so I deconstructed it and used it as my fabric. The vest was kind of rushed (I "finished" around midnight October 30), and I didn't have time to do proper button holes or anything, so I added snaps to the inside. The buttons are all purely decorative, and overall, it's a little...rough-looking, but it gets the job done!
- Shirt and coat were lucky thrift store finds. I already had the shoes. The tie/cravat was just the result of some sewing-machine improvisation on my part.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
Yeah, that's loving amazing. I hope you're somewhere cold for Halloween, because that costume looks warm as hell.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Astrobastard has a new favorite as of 22:37 on Nov 1, 2013

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

10 Beers posted:

I love it, and I love you. I've been wanting to do Bill the Butcher for YEARS!

You and me both, sister. :allears:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

drat, Keira Knightley really let herself go.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Irish Joe posted:

drat, Keira Knightley really let herself go.

Carrie Fisher, on the other hand, has aged quite well.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
Last night I was the coolest man alive in 1985, Sonny Crockett.

When notorious meth slinging sleazoid Walter White showed up to the party, we got close to him and took him down before his product hit the streets of Miami.

And bonus No-Face from Spirited Away. He kept handing out chocolate gold coins:

pretty soft girl has a new favorite as of 17:16 on Nov 2, 2013

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face
A talented colleague did the makeup for this, he's a good lad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLxvdz-czO4

Astrobastard has a new favorite as of 22:20 on Nov 2, 2013

leg bones
Jan 14, 2011

co-dependent villain
^^ Game of Thrones buddy!