Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Chef Boyardee posted:

I'm pretty sure you were the first and only guy I was the wizard for. I felt really bad about it afterward because I definitely blew it, the other two wizards were way better.

Just think of all the people out there who got no wizard at all. No matter how badly you feel you did, everyone else wishes they could have experienced your wizardness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Hey Chef, thanks for the email update! In regards to bringing the wizard experience to more people, have you considered rolling out a simple website a couple of months before launch that would mirror the character creation process (through a survey or quiz engine perhaps) and then output a character code to feed into the game when it comes out? I would love to check out the CC process beforehand and it might renew hype in the game as well as lead to another round of publicity.

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!

Akbar posted:

Hey Chef, thanks for the email update! In regards to bringing the wizard experience to more people, have you considered rolling out a simple website a couple of months before launch that would mirror the character creation process (through a survey or quiz engine perhaps) and then output a character code to feed into the game when it comes out? I would love to check out the CC process beforehand and it might renew hype in the game as well as lead to another round of publicity.

This but I also want an FMV version of the wizard integrated into the website similar to the Subservient Chicken thing Burger King did years ago too.

Basically what I'm saying is take all marketing ideas from Burger King.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I haven't been getting email updates, who should I bug about that?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

lizzyinthesky posted:

This but I also want an FMV version of the wizard integrated into the website similar to the Subservient Chicken thing Burger King did years ago too.

Basically what I'm saying is take all marketing ideas from Burger King.

Just don't take their idea to replace Chicken Fries with chicken tenders.

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt
Awesome, a pic of me made it into the ToG "Monthly" #6, guess I have to update my resume.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Mr. Lobe posted:

ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

I will talk to our server dudes about this. This has been a problem for a while, sometimes emails go to spam or some other folder and we can't figure out why. Check there first and let me know if it's not there.

Akbar posted:

At the moment we're trying to get the game validated for another, smaller convention in DC where we'll be doing the wizard stuff again. Not sure about anything after that but we'll try to get more wizard stuff going!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Yeah it's not there. I actually lost use of my old school email, which is where updates used to go. Now I use a gmail. I sent something to the ToG rat before, but I can send another thing.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Chef Boyardee posted:

At the moment we're trying to get the game validated for another, smaller convention in DC where we'll be doing the wizard stuff again. Not sure about anything after that but we'll try to get more wizard stuff going!

Set up a camera and record the Wizard doing his magic. Set up a mic under the table so everyone can hear.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Mr. Lobe posted:

I'm in the same boat. I checked my spam folder, I haven't changed email addresses.
Something similar happened when the wallpapers came out, it was weeks afterwards that I finally got them.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Please make a character named Citizen Swish, who whispers 'Spalding....' when he dies.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Chef Boyardee posted:

ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

I will talk to our server dudes about this. This has been a problem for a while, sometimes emails go to spam or some other folder and we can't figure out why. Check there first and let me know if it's not there.

I paypal donated and haven't received any updates ever. Not even in my spam folder. What's the deal big chef b-r-d?

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
I guess our mailing server thing isn't working right. Just an FYI though, these email updates were available to people who gave $40 and up, the regular Kickstarter updates should be visible to everyone. I think there's another one coming up soon too.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Barkley 2 is just a big scam.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
I got my update properly :ohdear:

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

YourAverageJoe posted:

Set up a camera and record the Wizard doing his magic. Set up a mic under the table so everyone can hear.

Before Pax I told Chef that they should make a portrait/painting (of me) that they would hang in the wizards booth, and it would have the eyes cut out and replaced with webcams that stream directly to twitch tv or something, so people can join in. Also microphones in the ears and a speaker in the mouth to make the booth haunted.

It never happened. Instead ToG overlords went and bought a wheelbarrow full of doritos.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

versus posted:

I got my update properly :ohdear:

Updates are working just fine for me too!

The_Hatt
Apr 29, 2005

Gortarius posted:

Barkley 2 is just a big scam.

I bet they're not even wearing pants right now! :argh:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I don't get updates because I wasn't a big enough ToGmaniac to pay enough to get them.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Dear me, what have I found? An ancient mess of injokes and baney.

It has early versions of a few music tracks that would end up in Barkley even.

HMS Boromir fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 18, 2013

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Yes, those were some of the first games I ever worked on! How did you find this?

That guy was called Diggity Dawg and we both came from the Gaming World community, where we made stupid RPG Maker games. Diggity Dawg and I (and most of the people who worked on Barkley) were part of a sub-community called Targ Like Cupcakes that was all about surreal humor. I think there were about 4 or 5 Targ games made but the one you linked was the best (and last). Barkley was originally supposed to be a Targ game, but kind of turned into its own thing. There are lots of callbacks to its Targ roots though.

That is a wild find.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Found it by googling "Ghastly Fucklord" because I liked that name so much I stole it for a while.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

quote:

JUSTIAN TRAUB TALKS TO YOU FOR MANY HOURS
YOU HAVE BECOME NUMB

This is a very Barkley joke. I love that your comedic voice is so identifiable.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I can't seem to actually play the Hundley game. There doesn't appear to actually be a file I can play the game with in the .rar file. I have RPG Maker 2003 installed so I wouldn't think that'd be a problem. What should I do?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Note to us all in a year and a half when we're actually playing Barkley 2: When you leave the most talkative old man's house, go 36 bricks west and 14 bricks north and there will be something.

Someone had to listen to the entire podcast and then post that here, obviously.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
The rusted hunk of a buried pump, a lone nozzle poking from the ground quietly buzzing.

"gomen nasai"... "gomen nasai"... "gomen nasai"... "gomen nasai"... "gomen nasai"... "gomen nasai"... "gomen nasai"... "gomen nasai"... "gomen nasai"... "gomen nasai"... that or some armor.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
Hey chef, do you know much about voice leading? Some of your more orchestral sounding stuff from that compilation vid would really benefit from it.

Love your work! :love:

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
The IndieMEGABOOTH Extra Life charity event has started and apparently the Tales of Game's will be on later on today showcasing Wartune and Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013. (And Barkley 2 but that's way in the morning)

Full schedule:
http://indiemegabooth.com/25-hour-twitch-stream-for-charity-is-a-go/

Barkley 2 page:
http://indiemegabooth.com/project/barkley-2-queklain-no-vengeant/

DeepQantas fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Nov 2, 2013

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

DeepQantas posted:

The IndieMEGABOOTH Extra Life charity event has started and apparently the Tales of Game's will be on later on today showcasing Wartune and Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013. (And Barkley 2 but that's way in the morning)

Full schedule:
http://indiemegabooth.com/25-hour-twitch-stream-for-charity-is-a-go/

Barkley 2 page:
http://indiemegabooth.com/project/barkley-2-queklain-no-vengeant/

If you're not here for wartune right now you are missing out on a magical experience.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Whoa...

That was some experience.

PS. apparently the stream was recorde or wahtever so it'll be up on twitch later on???

Just in case you, for some unearthly reason, missed Wartune (male gamers only).

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Fun times.

Especially the intro and the outro.

e:
Video evidence of a real life wizard has been sighted:
http://www.twitch.tv/indiemegabooth/b/476029819 (01:50)

e2:
12AM and ToG is back:

DeepQantas fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 3, 2013

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

Tale's of Games is currently streaming some anime videogame LIVE for the Extra Life 2013 charity fundraiser thing. They're supposed to stream some Barkley 2 at 4am.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Yeah, didn't realize today was daylights savings time. We might be on again in an hour. We'll see.

Haam posted:

Hey chef, do you know much about voice leading? Some of your more orchestral sounding stuff from that compilation vid would really benefit from it.

Love your work! :love:

I don't know anything about music!!!!! Everything in that vid was a sketch of an idea though, I'm pretty sure I'll do whatever you're talking about in the final version even if I don't know the name for it.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Dad's confirmed for Barkley 2.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Some hot Final Fantasy XAT action happening on stream right now! Also, you guys are saints for taking the 4 AM time block, get some sleep after this.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Some hot Final Fantasy XAT action happening on stream right now!

The world was not ready for the power of Earth.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Intro and outro were pretty golden. Needed more sex.

TheKnife
Jan 24, 2009
I can't seem to find the alleged Barkley 2 part in the stream recordings, where is it even

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

TheKnife posted:

I can't seem to find the alleged Barkley 2 part in the stream recordings, where is it even

they never played barkley 2. ToG are masters of humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Is there a download link to FFXAT somewhere? I kind of want to try to kill the Witch.