Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Question who liked Firefly. Because he was fun as hell to listen to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chef Bromden posted:

I can't get the sonic batarang achievement to work. is their some trick to it or is my game bugged?

You need to wait for them to approach and say something before taking them out, but do it before they destroy the batarang. For example the right way to do it is:

"What was that noise? *approaches Batarang* "It's some kind of gadge-" *take him out*

While the wrong way would be:

"What was that noise?" *take him out*

or

"What was that noise? *approaches Batarang* "It's some kind of gadget! *thug smashes gadget* *Batman takes him out*

MonsterEnvy posted:

It was a fun boss fight, I thought, and it was fun to play against somebody who is just unhinged and doesn't really have any ulterior motives/deeper planning than wanting to set Batman on fire.

TheGreySpectre
Sep 18, 2012

You let the wolves in. Why would you do that?

MonsterEnvy posted:

I liked the character and the voice and stuff but I didn't like the fight. The fight itself seemed just like the poison ivy fight from AA just a little flashier.

Have the corrupt save issues been resolved yet? I completed one go round of the game but I have been hesitant to have a go at new game plus with all the reports of save file corruption.

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF
Oh gently caress me the update fixed my falling forever save file. I'm gonna beat this game tonight.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
The multiplayer in this game might be the worst I've ever seen. There seems to be no balance at all, so if you end up on a team with a group of low level players vs high level players you're going to lose every time. Playing as the thugs is horrible since the camera fights you at every opportunity and the starting SMG has such a wide spread that you might as well not bother aiming it. Your enhanced vision drains so fast that you need to keep flashing it on and off while rapidly spinning the camera around to make any real use of it which combined with the basic camera issues is horrible. On the offchance that you win Batman/Robin roulette, the basic mechanics of the game don't seem to work. Every time I sneak up behind someone and go for a silent takedown I'll instead throw a batarang and then die trying to deperately melee them (also broken) almost every time. If I manage to knock them down and try for a ground takedown, he just throws more batarangs. This is all if the match even starts, and I've gotten enough fatal errors and endless loading screens that I'll have to restart the entire game four times or so on average before getting into a game.

I wasn't expecting much from it but god drat. Thought it might at least be fun enough to spend a week or so playing it now that I've completed the game, but the whole thing is completely unplayable.

NoEyedSquareGuy fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Nov 5, 2013

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I doubt I'll ever play the multiplayer, but what really irks me is that yesterday I dropped 20 bucks on the season pass (I'm a sucker for Batman, even if it's not excellent Batman). The only things I can use in singleplayer right now are the Brightest Day and Gotham By Gaslight skins. Is this normal procedure for Season Passes? It seems crazy that there are like 10 skins, campaign challenge maps, and a story campaign I can't play despite having paid for them.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I doubt I'll ever play the multiplayer, but what really irks me is that yesterday I dropped 20 bucks on the season pass (I'm a sucker for Batman, even if it's not excellent Batman). The only things I can use in singleplayer right now are the Brightest Day and Gotham By Gaslight skins. Is this normal procedure for Season Passes? It seems crazy that there are like 10 skins, campaign challenge maps, and a story campaign I can't play despite having paid for them.

Season pass implies you will gain access as content is released over a scheduled season. Not just a instant bundle of content on release.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Neon Knight posted:

Season pass implies you will gain access as content is released over a scheduled season. Not just a instant bundle of content on release.

Right, but in this case the models for the ten "coming later" costumes are right there and available in the multiplayer. Just not the single player, for whatever bullshit reason.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I just realized I'm kinda pissed I can't climb Wonder Tower then dive bomb off of it and ruin some henchman's Christmas Eve.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Chef Bromden posted:

I can't get the sonic batarang achievement to work. is their some trick to it or is my game bugged?

Just have to do it 3 times.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

TheGreySpectre posted:

I liked the character and the voice and stuff but I didn't like the fight. The fight itself seemed just like the poison ivy fight from AA just a little flashier.

Have the corrupt save issues been resolved yet? I completed one go round of the game but I have been hesitant to have a go at new game plus with all the reports of save file corruption.

I feel the fight would have been way better if you didn't need to hit him with 50 batarangs per health bar. Had it been like 2 hits but it's real hard to land them it would have been way better.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sober posted:

I just realized I'm kinda pissed I can't climb Wonder Tower then dive bomb off of it and ruin some henchman's Christmas Eve.

There are a lot of unclimbable buildings for some reason. The huge ones that you have to go around are the worst.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I wonder how much freedom the devs had in terms of the rogues gallery for this game. Writing/planning around fights between a relatively green Batman and Shiva(punch bullets and people in two, best martial artist ever) Deathstroke(able to hold his own against like 10 of the JL in open combat for a time) or Firefly (flying explosives baddie) seems very difficult to plan, at best.

Also, for an example of effective papering over a development error, note: in the cutscene initiating the Deathstroke fight, DS pulls out his sword. The devs decided to emphasize the rod, so as soon as the game switches to in-engine he promptly puts the sword away and pulls out the staff again! The cutscene for the meeting at Royal Hotel also has the assassins that were already available as optional sidequests present, but only on TV monitors, so that the devs could save on explaining their presence/absence/departure without rendering multiple cutscenes.

For terrible papering over a development error, note:Bane in the final fight, makes repeated open references to Batman's secret identity in a room filled with criminals, or Batman calling Alfred by name in front of conscious goons or civilians.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Nov 5, 2013

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Discendo Vox posted:

I wonder how much freedom the devs had in terms of the rogues gallery for this game. Writing/planning around fights between a relatively green Batman and Shiva(punch bullets and people in two, best martial artist ever) Deathstroke(able to hold his own against like 10 of the JL in open combat for a time) or Firefly (flying explosives baddie) seems very difficult to plan, at best.

Also, for an example of effective papering over a development error, note: in the cutscene initiating the Deathstroke fight, DS pulls out his sword. The devs decided to emphasize the rod, so as soon as the game switches to in-engine he promptly puts the sword away and pulls out the staff again! The cutscene for the meeting at Royal Hotel also has the assassins that were already available as optional sidequests present, but only on TV monitors, so that the devs could save on explaining their presence/absence/departure without rendering multiple cutscenes.

For terrible papering over a development error, note:Bane in the final fight, makes repeated open references to Batman's secret identity in a room filled with criminals, or Batman calling Alfred by name in front of conscious goons or civilians.

Well they were probably more concerned about trying to make a fun game than stress about exact power levels of fictional characters.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Discendo Vox posted:

Deathstroke(able to hold his own against like 10 of the JL in open combat for a time)

I don't hate that comic near as much as a lot of people on this board and even i'll say that was really fellating that character(whom I love mind you) that involved some lovely writing that included Wally West Flash running into a sword and even crazier with Kyle Rayner Green Lantern forgoing using his all mighty wishing ring and instead running in to throw a punch. Infinite Crisis later with Batman, Nightwing and Robin taking him down in pretty short order seemed a lot more his scale. Plot armor counts for a lot but he definitely is in that Batman with plot armor can beat him with not too much trouble to Deathstroke could hastle the JLA with a plot armored up super plan (ie Tower of Babel or Prometheus stuff) range. He's not Starro the Conqueror over here.

(Or that ^^^^ works for a totally non nerd answer. )

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

One of my favorite things about the Deathstroke fight is whether you hit every counter and take zero damage or you only barely make it through by the skin of your teeth, it's sold as Deathstroke being incredibly good/dangerous but Batman just having that little edge on him. The fact that Deathstroke (and later Shiva) constantly deride him for his self-imposed limitations just makes it better, because they think their lack of restraint gives them the advantage. Batman doesn't kill, so he has to work harder to beat his opponents.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kin posted:

In regards to potential co-op, as the combat doesn't really suit two people fighting simultaneously, perhaps there's a way to have another player "visit" your world, sort of like in Dark Souls?

A visitor can take on the guise of a cop or a thug and run around doing good/bad poo poo either taking down more thugs, alerting the police/Batman to crimes in progress, or taking part in said crimes and generally messing poo poo up.

If the next generation Batman/DC games have a bit more variety in the crimes in progress that don't just involve punching people to death, it could be pretty interesting.

Throw in a progression/levelling system and you can have it so that your thug/cop starts off as a small time peon but gradually earns things like shields/shock sticks/guns/body armor/titan upgrades, the ability to counter and chain attacks, etc. A higher rank might even give you the ability to summon a "gang" to fight by your side. Higher ranks, more gang members.

If you went all out on this idea then you could also have [named badguy] missions that pop-up. These give the visitor the ability to join a gang on completion/earn a ton of experience (and could be predator type challenges) but when one is activated, a timer appears for the person playing Batman. Batman then has the option of taking part in this too (to stop them) or ignoring it to focus on other poo poo.

Strip out the visitors ability to quick travel (dying and respawning would be the only means of selecting a new city respawn point) and I think something like the above might work.

It's not conventional co-op but it could make the city seem a little more lively, gives all players something to do (that isn't just of the lame deathmatch format) and might not feel tacked on or forced.

I've always been a fan of this kind of invasive multiplayer ever since I encountered it in the form of counter-op mode from Perfect Dark, which allowed opposing players to take over regular mooks and become an extra thorn in the player's side during otherwise normal singleplayer levels, Matrix Agent-style. Making it a progressive leveling experience that could eventually build the invading player into a miniboss gang leader for Batman to take on is all the more awesome.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

RatHat posted:

There are a lot of unclimbable buildings for some reason. The huge ones that you have to go around are the worst.
Yeah those are a little annoying but I can see that maybe WBM might've just reined in the distance the grapple gun can fire to. There are some really odd places you can't grapple to, which feel like artificial "you have to glide to this spot" stuff (mostly riddler stuff though fortunately). I can't say much to the grapple points, though they seem much more limited, I don't know how much that is if WBM actually reduced the distance you can grapple to something (e.g. you can't go from ground level to the top of a building) but I agree the options you get while gliding seem a bit artificial. I don't mind not using the boost as much as I just want to grapple up to a tall spot and then glide/dive/glide my way to a destination.

I'm curious if it's possible to do Anarky's side missions without using the boost. I know that the Zsasz side missions in AC were easily doable without ever boosting, and I easily got around just grappling then running across rooftops until I got up to a high spot to glide off of.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

DrNutt posted:

Well they were probably more concerned about trying to make a fun game than stress about exact power levels of fictional characters.

I totally hear you, what I mean is that from a gameplay and narrative perspective it's hard to execute on them well. It would be hard in a narrative sense to convey a fight against Shiva the infinitely-better-combatant-lady, and the result was that she was a generic martial arts mook with a lifebar. Similarly, the devs couldn't do anything particularly interesting or nuanced with the Firefly fight- the rest of the combat design setup wasn't intended for a quick flying enemy, so we got a quicktime event. As one of the classic "evil batman" characters, there was a lot of potential in a deathstroke fight. Deathstroke was better than the other two, but imagine if his fight had come later in the game and involved his arsenal a bit more, instead of serving as an early counter and stay-in-melee-range tutorial. These enemies this combat system seem like a very poor match.

Boss design in the Arkham series is an interesting beast. I think the Freeze and Solomon Grundy fights are the only ones that are nearly universally liked. The predator and combat systems are either remarkably inflexible when it comes to designing boss encounters, or both studios are remarkably unimaginative.

Maybe this is worth a general discussion prompt:
In one sentence, how would you have implemented a bossfight against the following Batman villains(or others not appearing in the games)?

• Joker
  • Bane
  • Poison Ivy
  • Zsasz
  • Riddler
  • The Mad Hatter
  • Freeze
  • Penguin
  • Solomon Grundy
  • Ra's Al Ghul
  • Clayface
  • Professor Strange
  • Firefly
  • Deadshot
  • Deathstroke
  • Cobra CommCopperhead
  • Shiva

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Nov 5, 2013

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Alright, apparently I missed something, because I can't get the disruptor. i tried opening the door right next to the door you need to open which points to the evidence locker and it is locked without explanation. I've retraced every step I have and nothing is opening it. I tried googling it and looking around this thread and nothing. Am I a complete loving idiot or am I starting this game over?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I just downloaded a patch on Xbox. Same thing as the Steam one from a few days back?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Golashes posted:

Alright, apparently I missed something, because I can't get the disruptor. i tried opening the door right next to the door you need to open which points to the evidence locker and it is locked without explanation. I've retraced every step I have and nothing is opening it. I tried googling it and looking around this thread and nothing. Am I a complete loving idiot or am I starting this game over?

I'm trying to remember the exact sequence, but I'm fairly certain you're supposed to get Batman contacting Alfred at that point, and Alfred works out an alternate path through the infirmary. If you're not getting that triggering when you figure out you can't get through the door, maybe try reloading from your last checkpoint again?

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Jerusalem posted:

I'm trying to remember the exact sequence, but I'm fairly certain you're supposed to get Batman contacting Alfred at that point, and Alfred works out an alternate path through the infirmary. If you're not getting that triggering when you figure out you can't get through the door, maybe try reloading from your last checkpoint again?

From what I've seen it should just be the door right next to me. but that door is locked.

I think there's actually a reasonable chance I missed a trigger somewhere... the last two waypoints haven't shown up on my map and I had to find them through guides. Might just replay AC and save origins for a rainy day to start clean.

Golashes fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Nov 5, 2013

Captain Snaps
Jul 27, 2003

Maintol!

Golashes posted:

From what I've seen it should just be the door right next to me. but that door is locked.

I think there's actually a reasonable chance I missed a trigger somewhere... the last two waypoints haven't shown up on my map and I had to find them through guides. Might just replay AC and save origins for a rainy day to start clean.

I had the same problem. The game won't let you through the door until you actually try to hack the server room door.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I went back to the Towers to pick up some riddler stuff and it is ridiculous that I cannot just jump out the window and glide away instead of having the leap back and forth across these two towers to make my way to the parking garage.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Soonmot posted:

I went back to the Towers to pick up some riddler stuff and it is ridiculous that I cannot just jump out the window and glide away instead of having the leap back and forth across these two towers to make my way to the parking garage.

The dungeons in AC were corridors and pretty easy to navigate, but I'm having an aneurism trying to get back out of the hotel. Jesus I wish I could teleport to the entrance. Trying to get collectibles in the dungeons suffers from the same thing that Tomb Raider did. It's easy and flashy to get through these areas the first time, they guide your attention to all the right triggers and grapple points, but it's a pain in the rear end to come through a second time and the map is atrocious.

This game has got me pretty pumped for the Rocksteady sequel. There's a lot of good ideas in this game, but quite a few aren't executed that well, and it will be interesting to see what's staying in the series and what leaves.

I would gladly get the electric zap gun back and zap open doors, and I'd be happy if I never had to stand on a platform in the water and pull myself around again.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
So if I'm back at Blackgate for the second time doing a predator room with a sniper and Harley inside am I close to the end/past the point of no return? Should I be backing up my save now just in case I hit that final boss bug that's going around?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I, Butthole posted:

So if I'm back at Blackgate for the second time doing a predator room with a sniper and Harley inside am I close to the end/past the point of no return? Should I be backing up my save now just in case I hit that final boss bug that's going around?

You're well past the point of no return. End boss is coming up soon, I think.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Captain Snaps posted:

I had the same problem. The game won't let you through the door until you actually try to hack the server room door.

I did, and got the dialogue. Not sure why it won't let me through now.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

The multiplayer in this game might be the worst I've ever seen. There seems to be no balance at all, so if you end up on a team with a group of low level players vs high level players you're going to lose every time. Playing as the thugs is horrible since the camera fights you at every opportunity and the starting SMG has such a wide spread that you might as well not bother aiming it. Your enhanced vision drains so fast that you need to keep flashing it on and off while rapidly spinning the camera around to make any real use of it which combined with the basic camera issues is horrible. On the offchance that you win Batman/Robin roulette, the basic mechanics of the game don't seem to work. Every time I sneak up behind someone and go for a silent takedown I'll instead throw a batarang and then die trying to deperately melee them (also broken) almost every time. If I manage to knock them down and try for a ground takedown, he just throws more batarangs. This is all if the match even starts, and I've gotten enough fatal errors and endless loading screens that I'll have to restart the entire game four times or so on average before getting into a game.

I wasn't expecting much from it but god drat. Thought it might at least be fun enough to spend a week or so playing it now that I've completed the game, but the whole thing is completely unplayable.

I would have never expected this from the makers of Quake Wars and Brink being given such a short time to develop this.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I bought the collector's edition because I am a huge nerd and really wanted the figure (goddamn it is a thing of beauty) and the Art book comes with some interesting information about Deathstroke. I only glanced over it, but they said that the fight was supposed to be a Mr Freeze-style fight but combat instead of stealth (I don't think they did a good job there) and that his role was supposed to be far bigger, which is expected from the prominence that he has in the pre-release information compared to his actual role.

One of the things was that he would be hunting you throughout the city with drones and a personal helicopter.

I'll give it a proper read through tonight and post any interesting bits I find, if nobody else has.

Also in regards to that boss battle post a few bits up:

•Clayface

A room full of mooks, one of them is Clayface disguised. Detective Vision is disabled for some reason, haven't thought of it. Batman needs to clear the room, but you can't do a silent takedown on Clayface because he'll turn all mushy, trap you and you get shot to gently caress. You need to stay hidden, and observe each mook for Clayface-esque behavior and take everybody else down, then chase him throughout the room as he tries to escape in the vents or something. Make him do some real detective work.

Fingerless Gloves fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Nov 5, 2013

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Olaf The Stout posted:

The dungeons in AC were corridors and pretty easy to navigate, but I'm having an aneurism trying to get back out of the hotel. Jesus I wish I could teleport to the entrance. Trying to get collectibles in the dungeons suffers from the same thing that Tomb Raider did. It's easy and flashy to get through these areas the first time, they guide your attention to all the right triggers and grapple points, but it's a pain in the rear end to come through a second time and the map is atrocious.

I found that too when collecting two data packs i missed before getting the glue grenade.

By the time I got to the ventilation room with the pack behind the steam I felt I was past the half way point of the Hotel and figured it would be quicker to continue to the end of it rather than back track to the beginning. The problem is that the end of the Hotel is blocked and the door at the room where you rescue the hostages is arbitrarily locked.

The devs didn't even bother to design a destroyed room for the area past that where you fight bane. The door there is just locked and there's no shortcut back to the start/city. It's just reeks of sloppy design.

AA and AC got the "dungeons" just the right length. Not too deep that it takes you ages to get through an area, not too short that it feels like it's just a room. AO is the opposite. Assassin missions take place in just one room while the regular dungeons involve you having to navigate through long linear paths that are great the first time but a pain in the arse for backtracking.

Just look at the Morgue for example, you have to arbitrarily go through the sewer system to get in there instead of going back through the police department. The door joining the two is just a texture on the wall :/

Also, no cops in the police department after you go through it? It's a bit silly (especially as there are always cops on the roof). They shouldn't have put any Riddler data-packs in there and make that area a one time only deal. That's the only way it would have made sense to have to go through the sewers to get back into the morgue.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
For Hugo Strange someone in the City thread posted an idea where you'd come into a predator room except instead of 8 guys it's more like 25, built up for the past couple rooms as highly trained for months to be perfect anti Batman guys being directed by Strange. So you steal one of their earpieces and then use it as a new gadget to direct them into traps, finding their mates KO'd, taunting them and telling them that they'll be next, making them panic and make mistakes, basically completely dismantling them one by one as Strange gets more and more pissed off and desperate. Have him give one of those awesome "he's just one man" speeches like Breen in HL2 or the russian guy in Max Payne and I think that would be pretty awesome. They kinda did that with the two Wonder tower predator sequences in City but they were still just predator sequences and Strange himself was such a non entity in that game that it didn't quite work.

The Clayface idea Gloves suggested is pretty awesome sounding as well (I thought it was coming from the Art book as a discarded idea when I first read that post).

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
No! I had a chance to do the 4 exotic takedowns and it didn't take. I used gel to blow up a wall and take a guy down, I used a corner takedown, and a vent takedown. For the final one, I was hanging from a ledge and took a guy down that was standing near the edge. It doesn't mean sit on a ledge and take out a guy below, right? It's already hard enough to find a predator room that has a hard wall to break (this was at Blackgate). Why in the world is this Rank 6.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Ragequit posted:

No! I had a chance to do the 4 exotic takedowns and it didn't take. I used gel to blow up a wall and take a guy down, I used a corner takedown, and a vent takedown. For the final one, I was hanging from a ledge and took a guy down that was standing near the edge. It doesn't mean sit on a ledge and take out a guy below, right? It's already hard enough to find a predator room that has a hard wall to break (this was at Blackgate). Why in the world is this Rank 6.

I did all of those and the challenge never triggered.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Ragequit posted:

I believe it does!

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Discendo Vox posted:

In one sentence, how would you have implemented a bossfight against the following Batman villains(or others not appearing in the games)?

• Shiva

A fight similar to Deathstroke except at certain points it turn into something kind of like http://www.toribash.com/

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

redbackground posted:

I believe it does!

I hate everything.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

MonsterEnvy posted:

I would say his boss fight was my favorite in the game, just because it was different. The Bane fights (except the last one) were just brawls with one really tough enemy. Deadshot was just another predator section. Deathstroke and Copperhead felt like they divided the Ra's Al Ghul fight into 2 less interesting ones. Shiva was just a brawl. I barely remember the Killer Croc fight. Anarky was a little different, but really just another brawl.

And the Electrocutioner? Actually, scratch that, that was my favorite fight.

Seriously though, at least Firefly's fight was grandiose and dynamic. You were moving around a lot and it actually felt like a real boss fight. It may have been a little formulaid (dodge, dodge, dodge, use item, punch man), but it was different than "do what you've been doing for the entire game, only with a villain saying one-liners to you".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadicalWall
May 31, 2005

I have no idea whats going on.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

Seriously though, at least Firefly's fight was grandiose and dynamic. You were moving around a lot and it actually felt like a real boss fight. It may have been a little formulaid (dodge, dodge, dodge, use item, punch man), but it was different than "do what you've been doing for the entire game, only with a villain saying one-liners to you".

It seemed pretty cool until I realized you can just stunlock him with glue grenades and he can't even get a shot off.

• Locked thread