Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
The full title of the movie was publicly released: "Game Center CX THE MOVIE: 1986 Mighty Bomb Jack." The theme song will be "Player 1" done by the rock band Dohatsuten.

A summary was released too: "The year is 1986. Keita, a boy who loves games, has a crush on his classmate Kumiko. He wants to approach Kumiko any way he can, but his chance never comes. And so, in order to get Kumiko's attention, he boldly stands up to a group of delinquents who refuses to return one of his games."

ETA: The Budokan special will air on New Year's Eve.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

zari-gani posted:

The full title of the movie was publicly released: "Game Center CX THE MOVIE: 1986 Mighty Bomb Jack." The theme song will be "Player 1" done by the rock band Dohatsuten.

A summary was released too: "The year is 1986. Keita, a boy who loves games, has a crush on his classmate Kumiko. He wants to approach Kumiko any way he can, but his chance never comes. And so, in order to get Kumiko's attention, he boldly stands up to a group of delinquents who refuses to return one of his games."

That sounds like a movie plot straight out of... well, 1986. I'm so unreasonably excited for this movie.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Platypus Farm posted:

That sounds like a movie plot straight out of... well, 1986. I'm so unreasonably excited for this movie.

"group of delinquents"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Back to the Future featuring Abe as Biff please.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aurain posted:

Back to the Future featuring Abe as Biff please.

There is no way Abe is ending up under a pile of manure.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Budokan sounded pretty cool, and great to see our flowers! Also glad it'll be on TV eventually.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

It's going to be hilarious two or three episodes from now when the bouquets show up in the challenge room. Assuming they shoot another challenge in the next day or two.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I love these stupid things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d64RAJ6PESI

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
I like how both the US and Japan ended up with huge YouTube Poop fads on their own respective video streaming sites.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

zari-gani posted:

The third trading card (there were three in all) is Inoko MAX, but oddly I haven't seen anyone post a picture of it yet. I've only seen Inoue card owners wishing they got Abe instead...
VVV There were 7000 people.

I got Inoko MAX! I'll throw some pictures up when I get home.

taopriest posted:

Someone know how many people attend at Budokan? Is it sold out?

7000 people, and 10,000 was considered capacity crowd.

Random Stranger posted:

You know that Abe's backstory is even greater than our beliefs.

My seat was close enough that I can confirm that...Abe smiles a lot when filming Arino, at least he did at the Budokan.

BLACKPETEWENTZ
Nov 17, 2008

I'm a plane and you're a train so let's make an automobile
I have been watching GCCX since seeing the PaRappa episode translated (I have been following the latest episodes as they have aired since Yoshi's Island) and really enjoy it. It's such a great show. Thank you SAGCCX for all the translated episodes you guys have done. :)

I have wondered what others think of Kan's narrations (how he does it). I think he does a great job, his voice is really cool.

bdr9
Mar 19, 2013

I can only imagine what Arino would think upon seeing this video. Somebody should tweet him a link to it.

BLACKPETEWENTZ posted:

I have wondered what others think of Kan's narrations (how he does it). I think he does a great job, his voice is really cool.

I think his narrating voice is great. If it were to change to a different narrator, it would really impact the show. His voice is really perfect for it, he is great at making it suspenseful.

bdr9 fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Nov 6, 2013

bdr9
Mar 19, 2013
Sorry, double post

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

They're selling leftover Budokan merchandise on Rakuten!

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/stylejam/c/0000000119/

You can use a proxy service like Tenso to grab what you want. They usually never make this stuff available online, so act fast.

VVV That sucks; I haven't bought anything from Rakuten in a year so I didn't know. Thanks for the warning.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 6, 2013

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

zari-gani posted:

They're selling leftover Budokan merchandise on Rakuten!

You can use a proxy service like Tenso to grab what you want. They usually never make this stuff available online, so act fast.

Just a warning, due to changes this year in how Japan handles online transactions if you use Tenso they will likely deny you and require a money order to be sent. I haven't been able to use Tenso through Rakuten since April.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

BLACKPETEWENTZ posted:

I dig his voice and think he makes a great job of it. For something that was originally done to save on the budget, he really makes it work. It's especially great when he has some back-and-forth with Arino like in the live specials.

bdr9
Mar 19, 2013

flyboi posted:

Just a warning, due to changes this year in how Japan handles online transactions if you use Tenso they will likely deny you and require a money order to be sent. I haven't been able to use Tenso through Rakuten since April.

Aww, I was really thinking about getting the T-shirt. Does anyone know of any other package forwarding services that might work?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

bdr9 posted:

Aww, I was really thinking about getting the T-shirt. Does anyone know of any other package forwarding services that might work?

None of them will, they will all require this. It technically will work you just won't get your stuff as instant as you could previously.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
I buy Japanese stuff for foreigners all the time, so if you have a request, hit me up via PM or AIM or something. As long as you have Paypal, we can work something out.

One thing I thought was hilarious that I never mentioned during the show was how they had all the rock-star-type settings on stage, like jets of flame and bursts of smoke. They probably told Arino about them so he wouldn't get too close, but they never told him WHEN they would activate so every time they did, he nearly jumped out of his skin. :3:

leather fedora fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Nov 6, 2013

BLACKPETEWENTZ
Nov 17, 2008

I'm a plane and you're a train so let's make an automobile

Nipponophile posted:

I dig his voice and think he makes a great job of it. For something that was originally done to save on the budget, he really makes it work. It's especially great when he has some back-and-forth with Arino like in the live specials.

I don't understand what's being said the majority of the time when watching the live specials, but when Arino laughs at something Kan says, it's probably funny enough that I'll laugh anyway.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I think the hardest I've ever laughed during an episode was #131 Mito Koumon, when Kan asked to see some "koumon play".

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Got an e-mail from Kan (I never said I sent the flowers, but I guess my name on a delivery slip or something):

"Thank you for the flowers! The staff was touched to see flowers from such an incredibly international team. Thank you for organizing it! I'll let the Chief know.

Next is Las Vegas! (laughs)"

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I hope he does come here to Vegas, we gotta find him a better gamble than roulette. Craps, maybe :v:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ciaphas posted:

Craps, maybe :v:
This is Arino we're talking about, he'd bet against the roller and then grin smugly at the camera.

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn

Nipponophile posted:

I think the hardest I've ever laughed during an episode was #131 Mito Koumon, when Kan asked to see some "koumon play".

Ugh I don't get it :saddowns:

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

zari-gani posted:

Got an e-mail from Kan (I never said I sent the flowers, but I guess my name on a delivery slip or something):

"Thank you for the flowers! The staff was touched to see flowers from such an incredibly international team. Thank you for organizing it! I'll let the Chief know.

Next is Las Vegas! (laughs)"

If he does come to Vegas, I'm booking a loving trip. Who's with me?

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

ACID POLICE posted:

Ugh I don't get it :saddowns:

Allow Google Translate to explain.

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn

gently caress I knew it was gonna be embarrassingly obvious :doh:

Bing the Noize fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Nov 6, 2013

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

ACID POLICE posted:

gently caress I knew it was gonna be embarrassingly obvious :doh:

We were hoping it sounded enough like Colon that people would make the connection with all the butt jokes.

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013
I really hope they are serious about Vegas. They are talking about it way more then i expected, so i have to wonder if they really are considering.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

RadicalR posted:

I totally would if I have enough money and can get the time off of work by the time it happens. Assuming it does happen, I hope they do another meet-and-greet.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh wow, the bouquet is beautiful! Thanks to everyone who contributed. It seems the GCCX team really appreciates it.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

A much more detailed summary of the GCCX movie was just released to the press:

"The year is 1986. Daisuke is a young boy who loves Famicom and Shonen Jump Magazine. While talking about the Famicom game 'Mighty Bomb Jack' with his crush Kumiko, he promises to lend her his copy of the game. Daisuke is ecstatic -- how glad he is to be a Famicom gamer! However, his 'Mighty Bomb Jack' is swiped by his rebellious yankii childhood friend Katou. Even worse, the game then falls into the hands of the legendary yankii-rebel Abe, an older kid. Daisuke's 'Mighty Bomb Jack' is in danger of being perma-borrowed. Is his chance at love with Kumiko over? Determined, Daisuke heads for Abe's room...

Fast forward to the year 2006, at Tokyo's Hitotsubashi Hall. 800 'Game Center CX' fans fill the venue and watch Chief Arino struggle with the brutally hard 'Mighty Bomb Jack,' a game he's twice tackled and twice lost. As the fans cheer him on, he pulls a few miracle moves, but the challenge's time limit ticks closer...

Warp or save? Linked together by the same game, the two have a miraculous encounter. What of Daisuke and Kumiko's love?! And can Chief Arino successfully clear "Mighty Bomb Jack"?!"

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

zari-gani posted:

"The year is 1986. Daisuke is a young boy who loves Famicom and Shonen Jump Magazine. While talking about the Famicom game 'Mighty Bomb Jack' with his crush Kumiko, he promises to lend her his copy of the game. Daisuke is ecstatic -- how glad he is to be a Famicom gamer! However, his 'Mighty Bomb Jack' is swiped by his rebellious yankii childhood friend Katou. Even worse, the game then falls into the hands of the legendary yankii-rebel Abe, an older kid. Daisuke's 'Mighty Bomb Jack' is in danger of being perma-borrowed. Is his chance at love with Kumiko over? Determined, Daisuke heads for Abe's room...

Fast forward to the year 2006, at Tokyo's Hitotsubashi Hall. 800 'Game Center CX' fans fill the venue and watch Chief Arino struggle with the brutally hard 'Mighty Bomb Jack,' a game he's twice tackled and twice lost. As the fans cheer him on, he pulls a few miracle moves, but the challenge's time limit ticks closer...

Warp or save? Linked together by the same game, the two have a miraculous encounter. What of Daisuke and Kumiko's love?! And can Chief Arino successfully clear "Mighty Bomb Jack"?!"

This sounds magical :allears:

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

zari-gani posted:

So, they're taking the now-legendary (especially since the full thing is on the RGM DVD set) Mighty Bomb Jack challenge and making a full storyline with (mostly, espcailly with Abe, who I assume is the same Abe?) new characters around it? I totally want to see this now. :)

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

jyrque posted:

Oh wow, the bouquet is beautiful! Thanks to everyone who contributed. It seems the GCCX team really appreciates it.

They stood out. From Kan's Twitter:

@topazmym - These flowers were sent to the Budokan yesterday. Seems Game Center CX is really popular overseas too.
@kankanp - Nina got a lot of overseas fans together and had them sent. We're very grateful!

https://twitter.com/kankanp/status/398017305247883264

I also overheard some people taking pictures that the art was "super good".

If anyone is interested, here's an Imgur album of pictures I took. Most are pretty poor quality (some because of the dark, some because of always moving, etc), but here you go.

http://imgur.com/a/e9x1G

The 26th picture is of the ribbons that were scattered at the end. I think it was Leather Fedora who mentioned them, but they say

"We'll be waiting for you at Tokyo Dome for our 20th (year) event. Thank you for all the memories. GCCX Chief Arino".

Also, there are some left-over Budokan goods on sale here, in limited quantities.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 7, 2013

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

gunstarheroes posted:

I really hope they are serious about Vegas. They are talking about it way more then i expected, so i have to wonder if they really are considering.

Vegas would be a good travel special for them. We should remind the staff that they have a pinball museum there for Arino to check out...

zari-gani posted:

It kills me that Abe is apparently a bigger character in the plot than Arino is. :v:

quote:

@kankanp - Nina got a lot of overseas fans together and had them sent. We're very grateful!

You know, this could mean something other than zari-gani's name being on that delivery slip. :tinfoil:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

It kills me that Abe is apparently a bigger character in the plot than Arino is. :v:

It pleases me greatly.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

gunstarheroes posted:

RadicalR posted:

If the Chief does come to Vegas I'll definitely drive out to see him from the bay area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I just remembered something about Vegas.

And it happens right about when they want to shoot travel specials...

Edit: It looks like they've stopped having them. Aw well, it would have been an interesting trip.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Nov 6, 2013