Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

... Someone had to realize this probably wasn't the real image, right? Come on China. I know you don't have Google but I remember the old days and we still made it work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Liberal usage of the :nws: tag, that.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I legitimately want this shirt, because it is hilarious, and intentionally so.

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.

Wow some people just look British. I could tell immediately before even reading the article.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

Kajeesus posted:

I'm glad no one had a problem with the guy dressed as a child molestor with hundreds of victims that are still alive today.

Who would that be?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

Who would that be?

I'm assuming Jimmy Savile…
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/12/14391008-uk-in-turmoil-after-multiple-claims-kids-entertainer-molested-children-for-years

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

If I had extra fingers I'd get an otherwise impossible knuckle tattoo, too.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Here is a musical introduction to Jimmy Savile, the man.

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

Is this actually for sale? Because I will pay as much as the absurd amount of $20 for this.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

Pick posted:

... Someone had to realize this probably wasn't the real image, right? Come on China. I know you don't have Google but I remember the old days and we still made it work.

China's Jiboazhai Museum Closed After Artifacts Discovered To Be Fake
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/16/china-museum-artifacts-fake_n_3607040.html

quote:

Perhaps the most striking counterfeit was an alleged Qing Dynasty vase that actually depicted modern Chinese cartoon characters.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

HoboMan posted:

Is this actually for sale? Because I will pay as much as the absurd amount of $20 for this.

It's actually the absurd amount of 32 bucks due to the cost of metallic shirt ink.

Dalax
Oct 27, 2007

I'm always been partial to this, made before all the allegations became 'public' as it were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcFE7HEgX3g

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

It's not bad, but it's no Kunt and the Gang

That's not safe for work, if you needed to be told that, after learning the name of the group is Kunt and the Gang.

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online

Pick posted:

I can almost guarantee you that no one in the process of making that poster ever actually looked at it. Someone in some factory somewhere googled "Thor: Dark World 2" and grabbed the first image without thinking about it, sent it out, and everyone just put it through because questioning your boss is awkward and uncomfortable and it's not like anyone is going to get fired over it anyways.

God bless China.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

pageerror404 posted:

Wow some people just look British. I could tell immediately before even reading the article.

You don't say? Next you're going to tell me that some people just look Japanese.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mulefisk posted:

You don't say? Next you're going to tell me that some people just look Japanese.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Where's that pic from?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Seldom Posts posted:

Where's that pic from?

Japan.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I have to tell myself that this guy lost a bet because thinking that he might have assumed that everyone wore that hat over there just saddens me too much.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

The Ape of Naples posted:

I have to tell myself that this guy lost a bet because thinking that he might have assumed that everyone wore that hat over there just saddens me too much.

Have you seen that video of the guy going round a japanese high school bowing and stuff. That's a bad description but I'm sure others have seen it.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Seldom Posts posted:

Where's that pic from?

It's a goon

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There's a Chin joke there, I just know it.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The Ape of Naples posted:

At the very least you'd think he'd have taken it off as soon as he took a look around if he had any social awareness at all.

then again that's the thing, isn't it

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The thumbnail of this made me think that he was dressed like an anime samurai I'm disappointed that wasn't the case.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

tentawesome posted:

I can almost guarantee you that no one in the process of making that poster ever actually looked at it. Someone in some factory somewhere googled "Thor: Dark World 2" and grabbed the first image without thinking about it, sent it out, and everyone just put it through because questioning your boss is awkward and uncomfortable and it's not like anyone is going to get fired over it anyways.

God bless China.

If that's really the very first picture that comes up for Thor: The Dark World then frankly Marvel has been catering to the wrong demographic.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pick posted:

If that's really the very first picture that comes up for Thor: The Dark World then frankly Marvel has been catering to the wrong demographic.

Well, one of the wrong demographics. That picture doesn't come up for me in a GIS for 'Thor: The Dark World' but it's one of the first hits on 'Thor: The Dark World Tumblr'.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Clearly they have to pull a Swordfish and have multiple endings tailored for different subsets of their audience. That's how the money's going to be made. You buy your ticket for Thor: The Dark World Ending B (All Action) or Thor: The Dark World Ending T (Extended Makeout Session).

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Not sure if this is kosher for this thread, will remove if it's not.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Just some camel keepers fooling around.
Second dude from the right looks so loving happy!

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

The guy on the left covering his mouth and trying not to laugh is my favourite.

Draconi Ann
Oct 4, 2006

I am an Angel of the Lord.
japan.jpg

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

particle409 posted:

Not exactly funny, but ever wonder what happens to all those posters you see put one on top of the other? Eventually they get taken down. Eventually.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

That thing looks like it wants to swallow my soul.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

MichiganCubbie posted:

That thing looks like it wants to swallow my soul.

Yeah, good thing the bikini covers it.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

Okay, that's a really clever ad. :3:

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

Is that 3 dimensional? The "Legends return" sticker looks like it's laying flat. Either way, I always thought the adhesive they use would eat away at the poster underneath, but I guess not. I saw some poster removal stuff in NY, and they have to use a circular saw if it's too thick, that's why the cross-section just looks like piled white paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Necronomithong?

• Locked thread