Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
If you want to get even more surgical you can open up the microswitches themselves to put a little bend back in the leaf spring when it loses some of it's clickyness. Decent pictorial here. You can only do that on the left & right buttons, but if you have an out-of-warranty mouse it's a good fix for a weak button.

I had an mx620 that I used for years and years that I did this operation to twice, because like your G7 it was discontinued but I really loved. It can really make a 4 year old mouse feel almost new again with nice firm clicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

So, what are the verdicts on the top wireless mice (wireless because I'm tired of kinking, dying and wires in general)? My first port of call was the Razer Mamba, because of the overall design of the mouse seeming to be the most comfortable, but then the Logitech G602 seems to boast ridiculous battery life with just two AA's. How is it getting 250 hours out of that?

Are there any mice that use Bluetooth 4.0, or would benefit from it? The RAT M seems to but that poo poo looks tiny. Choosing mice is confusing.

e: woah looks like I pissed someone off in the D&D thread.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 5, 2013

Quaternion Cat
Feb 19, 2011

Affeline Space

JaredBS posted:

My Logitech g9x started to double click when holding down the right button and support wanted to replace it with another model. No thanks. So I opened it up and sprayed a bit of WD40 on the microswitches and now it works perfectly :dance:

WD40 is not necessarily a great choice for this purpose; don't use much, because it really needs to be cleaned off itself afterwards, because otherwise it hangs around and dries out, and may just gunk up your button again. At a guess, you're not aiming to lubricate the button or anything, you're just trying to 'clean' it - your mouse components really don't need want any lubricant on them, and in fact they're all very small and fiddly and sometimes just poking them a little bit is all that's needed to get them behaving a bit.

I open up my G700 all the time, because I don't care about warranties (because I am a fool). Since it has those large pad feet that cover large areas, I actually used a craft knife to cut holes through the feet where the screws are, so I wouldn't have to risk peeling the feet off: they never really go back on right the 2nd/3rd time, and I've never noticed a difference with the holes being there, but, the G700 has really quite large feet.

I've also had to open up the LMB/RMB micro switches and poked them a bit to get them to behave, too, though all I did was gently scrub the tip of said craft knife over the contact areas inside, and that actually cleared up my problems with the mouse button releasing when being held. Whether it was the act itself or just messing with them that fixed it, I don't know.

Some super pro advice: If you do take your mouse apart, try not to lose any of the bits. The G700's mouse wheel, if you decide to remove it, has some springs that help it come back up when clicked. Don't lose those.

lost my retainer
Oct 28, 2002

Blow me

Klyith posted:

If you want to get even more surgical you can open up the microswitches themselves to put a little bend back in the leaf spring when it loses some of it's clickyness. Decent pictorial here. You can only do that on the left & right buttons, but if you have an out-of-warranty mouse it's a good fix for a weak button.

Mastigophoran posted:

Awesome stuff

Thanks for the advice, it was a frustrated last ditch effort without much research. I'll do it properly next time.
I threw away so many wonky mices over the years when all it seems to take is a screwdriver and some bending / scrubbing :(

Quaternion Cat
Feb 19, 2011

Affeline Space

JaredBS posted:

I threw away so many wonky mices over the years when all it seems to take is a screwdriver and some bending / scrubbing :(

Well, don't feel too bad; sometimes there's really nothing you can do. Mice really are not designed to be user serviceable, and if you have a warranty to fall back on it's usually the best option. If a cable goes or any mouse buttons eg just entirely stop working, there's usually not much you can do yourself.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

ijyt posted:

So, what are the verdicts on the top wireless mice (wireless because I'm tired of kinking, dying and wires in general)? My first port of call was the Razer Mamba, because of the overall design of the mouse seeming to be the most comfortable, but then the Logitech G602 seems to boast ridiculous battery life with just two AA's. How is it getting 250 hours out of that?
A comfortable mouse is pretty important. If you know you dislike the logitech sculpt style, it's hard to say you should get a logitech mouse. But man, the wireless razer is really expensive and you have to use synapse.

The 602 likely gets a lot of that long battery life with aggressive power saving. One thing I notice about my g700 is that even in "power save" mode it doesn't have any noticeable lag when I first touch it after being afk. Other logitech wireless mice I've used go into a sleep state where they took a half second to wake up.

quote:

Are there any mice that use Bluetooth 4.0, or would benefit from it? The RAT M seems to but that poo poo looks tiny. Choosing mice is confusing.
Bluetooth seems to have been entirely relegated to tiny mobile mice. I suspect that the issue isn't that bluetooth is bad for mice, but that it's not as problem-free as a proprietary rf connection. Make your own dongle and simple rf protocol, you can make it low-power friendly and won't have any pairing or interference worries. Use bluetooth, and maybe the customer doesn't use your provided dongle, and possibly their laptop's built-in controller sucks and is using generic MS drivers or something.

Mastigophoran posted:

Mice really are not designed to be user serviceable
True dat. I didn't mention that the second time I took mine apart to tweak the microswitches, I broke the mechanism for ratcheting / free spinning the wheel. Thankfully I was able to fix it enough to lock it to ratchet mode, but the wheel click was never quite the same.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Klyith posted:

A comfortable mouse is pretty important. If you know you dislike the logitech sculpt style, it's hard to say you should get a logitech mouse. But man, the wireless razer is really expensive and you have to use synapse.

The 602 likely gets a lot of that long battery life with aggressive power saving. One thing I notice about my g700 is that even in "power save" mode it doesn't have any noticeable lag when I first touch it after being afk. Other logitech wireless mice I've used go into a sleep state where they took a half second to wake up.

Bluetooth seems to have been entirely relegated to tiny mobile mice. I suspect that the issue isn't that bluetooth is bad for mice, but that it's not as problem-free as a proprietary rf connection. Make your own dongle and simple rf protocol, you can make it low-power friendly and won't have any pairing or interference worries. Use bluetooth, and maybe the customer doesn't use your provided dongle, and possibly their laptop's built-in controller sucks and is using generic MS drivers or something.

Ah alright, thanks for the info. It's not that I dislike the G9 design (my current dying mouse), it's just that I feel like my wrist/hand is getting more and more fatigued using it. Not sure how to describe the way my huge hands rest on it, there's no palm contact just kind of like, the tips of my fingers and the underside of my knuckles.

e: Well, trying to repair the shorted wire on my G9, I've somehow totalled it. I think I'll pull the trigger on a Razer Mamba, as I've actually always wanted that mouse and it seems the issues people have been having with the sensor was when it was being lifted and dragged with low sensitivity?

Dunno. I've never paid much attention to the optical vs laser sensor and the laser G9 worked great for me, and I've never noticed acceleration or even realised it was a thing being done with mice. I suppose the only worry I might have is if they release a 2014 version after I buy the current one.

e2: Which is another thing, I realise why people that tend to stay away from mouse acceleration would feel uncomfortable messing up their muscle memory, but surely someone like me who's (I assume) always had mouse acceleration on, I would actually feel strange using a mouse without it?

ijyt fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 6, 2013

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
After a little bit of use, I'm finding one thing that bothers me about the G602. Its sliding feet seem to snag easily on minor particles, so suddenly instead of sliding smoothly I'll feel something scraping. I recall that's a problem I had with the G7 and RAT7 that both went away with time, I think.

Since it's happened with every previous mouse, I suppose it's just something to be expected with this kind of sliding surface, but I'm wondering if using a mousepad or not might affect it. Never bothered with fancy gaming mousepads, for instance.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jan posted:

After a little bit of use, I'm finding one thing that bothers me about the G602. Its sliding feet seem to snag easily on minor particles, so suddenly instead of sliding smoothly I'll feel something scraping. I recall that's a problem I had with the G7 and RAT7 that both went away with time, I think.

Since it's happened with every previous mouse, I suppose it's just something to be expected with this kind of sliding surface, but I'm wondering if using a mousepad or not might affect it. Never bothered with fancy gaming mousepads, for instance.

I'm getting that on my Func M3, think i need to be more tidy.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
I think the new large teflon pads on recent gaming mice are way more vulnerable to that trapped grit problem than the old small feet were. I noticed the exact same thing when I changed to a g700 from a mx620, the feet are the only difference I can think of. I found a cloth mat helps a lot, if you're currently using a hard surface as I was.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
I got that a lot on my old hard mat, but since I switched to a Corsair cloth mat it doesn't happen. Helps than I can just lift the mat and give it a good shake

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I guess the TL;DR for my post on the previous page is just: I'm looking for a wired mouse that's on the small side, on the simple side. This is because I use a "claw grip" and have become accustomed to a tiny laptop mouse over the years, but am now looking for something that won't crap out on me or behave unpredictably (like my wireless laptop mouse does).

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm probably flexible on the "small and simple" stuff, but that's where my preferences lie; I move mice with my fingertips.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Nov 8, 2013

Goo
Aug 30, 2002

Hello Drippy

Klyith posted:

G602 gets its massive battery life largely from the sensor. We optimized the tracking performance capabilities of the sensor such that it provides a good gaming experience while drawing significantly less power than any gaming sensor on the market. It is not the most high-performance sensor available, but for the vast majority of gamers there will be no perceptible difference beyond battery life. Sleep timers on G602 are roughly the same as the G700.

Bluetooth is a terrible gaming mouse protocol. The best case scenario is that you get an 8ms report rate out of it, and it's rare that that actually happens. We ship with dedicated receivers for G602 and G700/G700s in order to ensure that the communication is fast and consistent.

To your last point on BT - we don't have custom drivers for our receivers. All current Logitech gaming use the MS mouse driver. The receiver doesn't require a special driver because none of the wireless stuff it does is visible to the OS - when you plug in a USB receiver for a G602 all the OS sees is that you've plugged in a standard HID mouse and keyboard. We haven't made a kernel mode mouse driver since Windows 2000 days, actually. The only custom tracking stuff we've done is to provide the option within SetPoint to enable a Logitech-defined ballistic curve using a filter driver that sits on top of the MS HID mouse driver. And that custom curve isn't an option for current gaming mice, as that feature is not present in LGS.

Goo
Aug 30, 2002

Hello Drippy

Klyith posted:

I think the new large teflon pads on recent gaming mice are way more vulnerable to that trapped grit problem than the old small feet were. I noticed the exact same thing when I changed to a g700 from a mx620, the feet are the only difference I can think of. I found a cloth mat helps a lot, if you're currently using a hard surface as I was.
The tradeoff is that the small surface area of the smaller feet makes their glue more prone to failing (and therefore the feet fall off) and the feet overall more prone to wearing out too quickly. We ship our gaming mice with feet that have a combined surface area that delivers 250+ km of movement on a wood veneer desk with around one kilo of force pushing down on the top of the mouse.

Nemo2342 posted:

I've had my mouse in performance mode all the time, alternating between browsing and play World of Warcraft. I got my mouse on 9-27 and as of today (11-4) I am still on my original set of batteries that came with the mouse.
Detecting remaining battery life in non-LiPol or LiIon batteries is a dark art. They don't discharge linearly, so you can have an alkaline battery that actually has 60% power left but because of the way they work it's hard for the system to tell if it's 60, or 50, or 70. NiMH are even worse.

That being said, I put two fully-charged NiMH batteries (1900 MAh eneloops I stole from G700s prototypes) into my G602 in the middle of July, and they just died yesterday (November 6). Since I got my first pre-production G602 on May 5 I've changed the batteries twice after using it 8-10 hours a day at work in performance mode only.

Goo fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 8, 2013

Themes
Feb 9, 2005
I've had my G602 for about a week and I'm really liking it. I was hesitant about going wireless because absolutely hate dealing with battery lives but all these words have got me pretty excited. The buttons take a little getting used to but I'm getting the hang of it and the form factor seems more comfortable than the last couple of Logitech mice I've used.

My only issue is the latest LGS caused some seriously weird behavior with my G35 headset and Ventrilo. So I just downgraded and am using it without any fancy rebinding or anything.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is there any point to trying to get a G400s this Black Friday or should I just stick with my MX518?

Jan posted:

Just Another Lurker posted:

I'm getting that on my Func M3, think i need to be more tidy.
I got a 11"x9" plain black cloth mousepad from Fry's for like $1.99. It blows my old Ratpad and Ratpad GS out of the water.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Goo posted:

The tradeoff is that the small surface area of the smaller feet makes their glue more prone to failing (and therefore the feet fall off) and the feet overall more prone to wearing out too quickly. We ship our gaming mice with feet that have a combined surface area that delivers 250+ km of movement on a wood veneer desk with around one kilo of force pushing down on the top of the mouse.
It's very much a tradeoff that has been chosen correctly! Didn't mean to imply otherwise. Wearing out the small feet was always an annoying problem for everyone. I'd much rather use a cloth mat or just clean my desk more often than have that uneven feel of a mouse with old feet.

Re the other post correcting my wrong guesses about the 602 & bluetooth, very interesting. I never would have guessed that the sensors would have that much difference in power draw. Is it the laser diode, or all in the camera & image processor?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

What would be a good replacement for a wireless laser Logitech VX Revolution? This thing here:

It's been discontinued but it's a pretty dynamite mouse and I use all the buttons on it (except the back/forward ones which broke a long while ago) and I'd love one that is as small, wireless, has the same or similar battery life (I think the VX Revolution is up there, it lasts forever before I need to replace the battery) and the same button configuration. The last part is the most important one.

I've looked at a bunch of Logitech mice but as close as they get they're all seemingly missing one of those attributes, almost none of them have a combination of back/forward, zoom, or left/right mouse scroll for instance.

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007
Can anyone with a Logitech M510 vouch for the accuracy of an Amazon review mentioning it being an awful mouse on light-colored surfaces? My desk has light colored wood, and while I understand that I can just buy a mousepad, I prefer a mouse that works regardless of surface color. I want to replace my MX510 (which continues to work flawlessly) with a wireless mouse. The M510 has back and forward buttons just like the MX510 and is also within my budget. It has to be USB wireless because my laptop doesn't have bluetooth.

Goo
Aug 30, 2002

Hello Drippy

Klyith posted:

Re the other post correcting my wrong guesses about the 602 & bluetooth, very interesting. I never would have guessed that the sensors would have that much difference in power draw. Is it the laser diode, or all in the camera & image processor?
Hopefully I didn't come across as a dick there - I was trying to be helpful and informative, not a lecturing know-it-all.

To your question - it depends on the model but gaming sensors always draw more power than standard sensors, and visible LEDs pull more power than either IR LEDs or VCSELs (lasers). The G602 uses a combination of an IR LED and extremely optimized design in the sensor to deliver the battery life improvement. Using a VCSEL instead of an IR LED would not have impacted battery life significantly one way or the other.

Butt Savage posted:

Can anyone with a Logitech M510 vouch for the accuracy of an Amazon review mentioning it being an awful mouse on light-colored surfaces? My desk has light colored wood, and while I understand that I can just buy a mousepad, I prefer a mouse that works regardless of surface color. I want to replace my MX510 (which continues to work flawlessly) with a wireless mouse. The M510 has back and forward buttons just like the MX510 and is also within my budget. It has to be USB wireless because my laptop doesn't have bluetooth.
It's hard to say, really, because every surface is different. Color doesn't really matter to the sensor, though. It is more sensitive to shininess, microscopic surface consistency, and high-contrast patterns. Consistent, high-contrast patterns and highly glossy surfaces are much harder to read than surfaces that have more irregular microscopic characteristics. As an example, white printer/copier paper is a very good surface to track on, as it has a lot of easily-discernable irregularities at the microscopic level and has a low level of glossiness.

Goo fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 10, 2013

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007
Gotcha. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and try it, then. I'll report back after about a week's use, after I order it from Amazon.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

404notfound posted:

Just got a sweet little tablet/netbook, and I'm looking for a mouse to go with it. Ideally it'd be relatively small, have a clickable wheel and back/forward buttons, and support Bluetooth, although I'd be willing to go with a "nano" USB receiver if there aren't any good Bluetooth options. I looked on Amazon a bit, but there were surprisingly few mice that ticked all my boxes.

So to answer my own question, I eventually found this mouse: http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GM-M7700B-Compact-Bluetooth-Laser/dp/B005T4HT24

It's got Bluetooth and only has the five standard mouse buttons, so you don't need a dongle or even any special drivers. It's got a hardware DPI switch below the wheel (blinks once for 800 DPI, twice for 1600 DPI), though I honestly never see myself using it. The only real downside is that the power switch on mine can be a bit finicky.

It's pretty drat small, which is actually a plus for me for compact/portable usage. I don't really need a full-size mouse for just using my netbook at a Starbucks. It also comes with a clamshell carrying case, which has a foam cutout to safely and securely hold onto the mouse.

Here it is between my work laptop mouse, a VX Revolution, and my desktop mouse, a 2014 Razer Naga:

I love my VX Revolution, but it's got a large USB dongle (stores inside the mouse, at least), and my Asus T100 only has a single USB 3.0 port located on the keyboard dock. At least I can continue using it for working out of the office.

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007
Wow, so I took a look at your link, 404notfound, and came across a Bluetooth USB adapter. All these years and I never bothered to search for such a thing, thinking that I was stuck with regular USB wifi adapters. My options have become endless! :woop:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

So I went ahead and grabbed a G700s for ~$75 shipped thanks to a sale, and holy poo poo it's actually really good. I'm not an MLGPROGAMERFUKYEAH, so if there's a difference between this and my old wired G500 I can't tell. I haven't used a wireless mouse for gaming before, and I honestly can't tell the difference with this thing. I did have to turn off acceleration because that poo poo was being a bit too predictive, but beyond that it's been loving stellar.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

I used to have an MX Revolution and it was the best mouse in terms of how it fit my hand, big enough (to avoid cramping) but not too big, fantastic shape, and I don't care enough about my videogame scores to worry about wireless lag too much.

If you follow that link, you'll find that a new one is $280. Why? What Amazon calls theNew Model looks different and is $80, so are the old MX Revolutions prized for something? Skimming this thread, I hear about the G700 and G700s. Are these comparable in size/shape/feel to the old Revolution? I just want something as close to that as I can come.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Probably because it's EOL and the seller is hoping someone is really desperate enough

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I think I've said it before, but the MX Revolution was my favorite mouse ever. Mine still technically works, but it's starting to show its age. I had bookmarked a desktop combo that was pretty inexpensive and included an MX Revo as part of the bargain but then I moved on to corded mice because Logitech doesn't provide the sort of mice that I find comfortable to use anymore. Which sucks, because I like them as a company, and if they made another mouse like the MX 1000 or MX Revo that fit like a glove and was great to use, I'd be all over it. Maybe one day?

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
I just got a mouse bungee which pretty much does away with the cord issue for wired mice. Not hearing the cord drag against my desk any more is a bit of a revelation.

Although taping the cord to something high (like the top of a speaker) should work just as well.

Betjeman fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Nov 12, 2013

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Betjeman posted:

I just got a mouse bungee which pretty much does away with the cord issue for wired mice. Not hearing the cord drag against my desk any more is a bit of a revelation.

Although taping the cord to something high (like the top of a speaker) should work just as well.

Yeah I have one of the mouse weights that holds the cord on the desk, it's really nice for keeping just enough cord available to get around the mouse pad without dragging it over the edge of the table or getting in the way. Next time I think I'll save a few bucks and buy a big bolt or something else heavy at the hardware store, though. Luckily the mouse weight was a gift. The bungee is a little bit different because it gives you some elevation and I think that would be a nice improvement, although cheaper results could be achieved with a heavy thing and some coat hangar wire or tape like you suggested.

greth
Nov 12, 2008

Does it trouble your mind the way you trouble mine?
Is there a "keypad" mouse out there other than the Naga or the G600? I'm interested in the G600 since my naga is going to doubleclick hell and I'm basically addicted to having all those buttons, but I was wondering if there were other options.

Also, what are good ideas for mousepads? I currently use a Goliath-s, but I'm getting sick of needing to keep it clean. A hard pad would be fine,but I don't have a lot of space as my desk is currently configured.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

greth posted:

Is there a "keypad" mouse out there other than the Naga or the G600? I'm interested in the G600 since my naga is going to doubleclick hell and I'm basically addicted to having all those buttons, but I was wondering if there were other options.

Also, what are good ideas for mousepads? I currently use a Goliath-s, but I'm getting sick of needing to keep it clean. A hard pad would be fine,but I don't have a lot of space as my desk is currently configured.

Those are really the only two options for the crazy buttons club.

I don't like the Razer software: there's no on-board memory, so I NEED it on if I want to use the top keys as something other than "Mouse 1-5". I do like the overall feel of it better than the G600.

I don't like how the G600 made a "hot-spot" in my palm after a while of use, but I loved the on-board memory, so I never had to have the driver after I configured the mouse as I liked.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

black.lion posted:

I used to have an MX Revolution and it was the best mouse in terms of how it fit my hand, big enough (to avoid cramping) but not too big, fantastic shape, and I don't care enough about my videogame scores to worry about wireless lag too much.

If you follow that link, you'll find that a new one is $280. Why? What Amazon calls theNew Model looks different and is $80, so are the old MX Revolutions prized for something? Skimming this thread, I hear about the G700 and G700s. Are these comparable in size/shape/feel to the old Revolution? I just want something as close to that as I can come.

The G700s certainly looks comparable, but I don't know how large the MX Rev is. The G500 is actually smaller than the G700s, though not by a lot, and the 700s feels much more comfortable to me, and I have long fingers.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Wasabi the J posted:

Those are really the only two options for the crazy buttons club.

I don't like the Razer software: there's no on-board memory, so I NEED it on if I want to use the top keys as something other than "Mouse 1-5". I do like the overall feel of it better than the G600.

I don't like how the G600 made a "hot-spot" in my palm after a while of use, but I loved the on-board memory, so I never had to have the driver after I configured the mouse as I liked.
Random weird thing I noticed about the on-board memory stuff though: if you shut a computer down then boot up again, the mouse comes back to whatever profile you were using, but if you sleep a computer, the mouse goes to some other profile(whatever the "first" one is I guess).

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

So, uh, don't buy the Mamba 2012 unless you want your mouse to sound like a real life mouse.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

ijyt posted:

So, uh, don't buy the Mamba 2012 unless you want your mouse to sound like a real life mouse.

So do buy a Mamba 2012?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

GrizzlyCow posted:

So do buy a Mamba 2012?

If you enjoy squeaking.

Lolcano Eruption
Oct 29, 2007
Volcano of LOL.
Are there any mice with the good Avago sensor that don't have a rubberized coating?

I really prefer mice without it (who sweats that much to lose grip on a mouse?) because it always the first thing to show wear and then I'm compelled to replace the mouse.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Lolcano Eruption posted:

Are there any mice with the good Avago sensor that don't have a rubberized coating?

I really prefer mice without it (who sweats that much to lose grip on a mouse?) because it always the first thing to show wear and then I'm compelled to replace the mouse.

I don't know what that is, but I will say that you should look into Plastidip. I use it on most of my wear and tear surfaces, because I can just peel it off and re-do it if there's an issue.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Lolcano Eruption posted:

I have the Zowie Evo EC-1 in white, white which has that classic glossy plastic sheen that you used to see in older mice. It's extremely nice and remains quite tactile even in situations with palm moisture (could be from a cold drink's condensation if not sweat).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
I want a good mouse for gaming under $60, but haven't looked at mice in over 3 years. What is sweet these days, is Logitech still a great company?