Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Coco's had to have done some crazy poo poo with his gourmet cells. Though, we didn't get to see anything from Zebra's cells either. He either evaporated/dissolved and escaped or is literally IN Grinpatch killing/poisioning/possessing? him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
Coco had to go, his planet needed him

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I'm still on board with the "melted down into poison completely and is now inside Grinpatch" theory, but that's because Coco is my favorite.

Well it seems like the logical progression of his poison abilities.

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
I hope he's dead. :cool:

Sani fuckin' ATE A DUDE. Coco's not hardcore enough for this manga anymore.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
He ate him with his loving hair. That's like Fabio mixed with Venom. His name is Faboom.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
In the end, Toriko will devour Komatsu and they will become one at long last. Everyone approves. Some shed tears of happiness because of how beautiful their love is.

Really though, I hope they keep ramping up the completely amoral cannibalism stuff. It is so hilariously out of place in a shounen fighting manga.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

KittenofDoom posted:

He ate him with his loving hair. That's like Fabio mixed with Venom. His name is Faboom.

This guy?

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

I forgot there was no Toriko this week...

It really makes one reflect on the last chapter, and wonder.

How much time has passed since the cooking fest was obliterated?

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
Cooking fest reminded me of the chapter where Buranchi and Komastu met. 215. Best chapter ever. :unsmith:

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/207853/toriko_ch258_by_hi-wa-mata-noboru

New chapter!

Finally, we see us a Coco. Also, need a space ship to get to the final land? Guess it's the moon or mars or something silly. Maybe on the floor of the ocean?

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Toriko 258!!!

Wow, so much for the calm after the storm :stare:. It's just one holy poo poo after another!

Grinparch feeling a little woozy, very ominous... And then Coco's back just like that. I can't wait to hear how Coco's fight went down!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
The moon is God. They're going to eat the moon.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

sniper4625 posted:

When the "blood moon" comes and the stars "align," "God" will be "revealed" and allow people to finally "eat" it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

sniper4625 posted:

My Dad always told me it was made of cheese. Let's hope that no one in Neo is lactose intolerant

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was enjoying the talk of Coco just never showing up again, but it's good to see he's back. Even if he looks... Different. Wonder what's up there.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Maybe Grinpach drank all the poison out of Coco?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Nahxela posted:

Thats what I was thinking.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Nahxela posted:

I think Coco got eaten, and escped the backdoor without any of his poison left, thus his new look is lacking the darkness of poison. I'm glad we got back to coco right away, also, we're back to square 1 on who joa is, and look at all the high ranking chefs who betrayed the bishokukai.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

sniper4625 posted:

I don't want to reread the entire thread but I think somebody called this.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

sniper4625 posted:

I love how in this series that is legitimate speculation and not a joke.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

The Bishokukai got freaking dismantled by NEO. I wonder what they will look like in the coming chapters.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Reiche posted:

The Bishokukai got freaking dismantled by NEO. I wonder what they will look like in the coming chapters.
Despite their villain status up until now, what are the odds of them joining the good guys? I don't know if Starjun can really be forgiven considered his mutilation of Toriko and theft of Komatsu was so recent, but if Neo attacks now and takes Komatsu, I don't think Toriko will hold a grudge.

EDIT: Also seconding happy at seeing Grinpach off his game and Coco back. If he really was drained of poison, I wonder what his fighting style will become? I don't know how much farther he could have gone unveiling secreter poisons every fight, though him having to create new poisons on the fly was cool, if that even happened. I remember it, but my memory is sketchy at best.

Cody Banks
Mar 7, 2013
I guess this confirms that the IGO and Bishokukai are going to team up against NEO. That whole dynamic should be really interesting/hilarious.

Next arc will probably involve gathering Ichiryu's full course in the Gourmet World. Then we go to outer space!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Despite their villain status up until now, what are the odds of them joining the good guys? I don't know if Starjun can really be forgiven considered his mutilation of Toriko and theft of Komatsu was so recent, but if Neo attacks now and takes Komatsu, I don't think Toriko will hold a grudge.

EDIT: Also seconding happy at seeing Grinpach off his game and Coco back. If he really was drained of poison, I wonder what his fighting style will become? I don't know how much farther he could have gone unveiling secreter poisons every fight, though him having to create new poisons on the fly was cool, if that even happened. I remember it, but my memory is sketchy at best.

I really hope that's how things are being set up. I want to see who all is left in the Bishokukai now though. Tommyrod (A Tommyrod good-guy team up would have been the best thing) and Elg have made their departures, Chiyo is in limbo with Setsuno and Chin, the Red Nitro are more than likely not usable anymore because of NEO and the Blue Nitro, and Grinparch seems to ailing quite a bit which is both a good and bad thing for me. Good in that Coco is still alive and I guess he used his "that" poison but bad because he's a really, really interesting character because he's so weirdly chill and almost goofy. I remember Coco even saying that he's an interesting creature strictly from a biological standpoint.

As for some general commentary now that this arc is over, I think that the author does a really good job with showing a character's backstory and motivation and at the right times. There's been a few characters that have been introduced that remained fairly uninteresting, boring, and such. Midora is the big one obviously. I recall a lot of readers were not impressed with him at all but after his cruel and brutal backstory, he's the one character I'm watching the closest now. I feel like a lot of the plot from here on hinges on what he decides to do and who he alines with (Also, there has to be something between him and Toriko. I wonder what's gonna go down if/when they meet). Starjun is an example of someone who a lot of people don't really value because he seems boring. It's the reason why a lot of readers weren't invested in his fight with Toriko. I've always liked him because I find he's more vexing than boring. It's pretty clear that he'll have his past expanded on and I still have a hard time believing he's actually evil (his expression has confused me quite a bit in his appearances). Who knows.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Only thing that sucks is that we'll probably be having fewer or no chillax "seek meat, beat meat, eat meat" arcs from here on out :(

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

just a butt posted:

Only thing that sucks is that we'll probably be having fewer or no chillax "seek meat, beat meat, eat meat" arcs from here on out :(

This usually seems to come at the end of the arc :ssh:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I really wanna know how being kidnapped by Starjyun is going to work out for Komatsu. I'm calling he gets some sort of weird cooking powerup out of being faced with something cool.

Or else the IGO/Bishokukai team up occurs and the kidnap subplot ends with Starjyun awkwardly returning Komatsu and joining his muscle harem.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Shugojin posted:

I really wanna know how being kidnapped by Starjyun is going to work out for Komatsu. I'm calling he gets some sort of weird cooking powerup out of being faced with something cool.

Or else the IGO/Bishokukai team up occurs and the kidnap subplot ends with Starjyun awkwardly returning Komatsu and joining his muscle harem.

I really hope they don't inject him with any type of cells. He should stay the same way.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Terror Sweat posted:

I really hope they don't inject him with any type of cells. He should stay the same way.

It's fine, Toriko has been injecting him with cells each night since they met.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
Wait, aren't there like 30 billion people on the planet? How the hell is a 500 meter pile of food supposed to feed even a fraction of that? For once I am disappointed in the scale of food in toriko :colbert:

Shugojin posted:

Starjyun is already in the muscle harem, even if he doesn't know it yet.

Cody Banks
Mar 7, 2013

Reiche posted:

As for some general commentary now that this arc is over, I think that the author does a really good job with showing a character's backstory and motivation and at the right times. There's been a few characters that have been introduced that remained fairly uninteresting, boring, and such. Midora is the big one obviously. I recall a lot of readers were not impressed with him at all but after his cruel and brutal backstory, he's the one character I'm watching the closest now. I feel like a lot of the plot from here on hinges on what he decides to do and who he alines with (Also, there has to be something between him and Toriko. I wonder what's gonna go down if/when they meet). Starjun is an example of someone who a lot of people don't really value because he seems boring. It's the reason why a lot of readers weren't invested in his fight with Toriko. I've always liked him because I find he's more vexing than boring. It's pretty clear that he'll have his past expanded on and I still have a hard time believing he's actually evil (his expression has confused me quite a bit in his appearances). Who knows.

It's pretty impressive how a single flashback turned the most boring character into the most interesting. I'm hoping Starjun gets a similar treatment at some point.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Wait, aren't there like 30 billion people on the planet? How the hell is a 500 meter pile of food supposed to feed even a fraction of that? For once I am disappointed in the scale of food in toriko :colbert:

Starjyun is already in the muscle harem, even if he doesn't know it yet.

That stash is just for one area, they even talk about others being accessed, so 500 meter tall several miles in other directions pile of food should be good for a billion or so, I assume they got another 50 lying around.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

AtomikKrab posted:

That stash is just for one area, they even talk about others being accessed, so 500 meter tall several miles in other directions pile of food should be good for a billion or so, I assume they got another 50 lying around.

Alternatively, it's like an iceberg, and that's just the tip.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Good odds on Nono's ice being Gourmet Ice that concentrates and multiplies the flavor and nutrition or something wild like that.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Shugojin posted:

He's going to meet Midora, poo poo his pants, then make something for him to eat that moves him.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Seebach posted:

He's going to meet Midora, poo poo his pants, then make something for him to eat that moves him.

Turns out Midora just had intestinal blockage this whole time. "Moves" him hehe

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
New chapter, garbage translation, but surprise! The crazy size of the world has been explained and its Earth hundreds of millions of years after a magic living comet transformed the planet

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uh where? I can't find it on any of the online readers.

Cody Banks
Mar 7, 2013
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/209144/toriko_ch259_by_no-group

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

The translation was fine but holy poo poo, that scan quality. :laffo:

• Locked thread