Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
Pretty sure the Philosopher's Legacy, what part of what actually created the Patriots as opposed to just Cipher. In Peace Walker Eva was told it is being 'put to good use'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Alternatively it was all funded into raiden's robot rear end

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

InfinityComplex posted:

No, obviously whatever was left over from making the Patriots was funnelled into creating an artificial mountain on an aircraft carrier sized submarine for the sole purpose of carving Mount Snakemore into it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Gaseous Snake posted:

I say this a lot but I wish Solidus wasn't completely hosed over like he was. He couldn't even die until Ocelot blew up his vacuum sealed comatose torso up on the boat!

Don't forget they also lit said torso on fire just to make it look like big boss.

I will never not be amused by that whole situation. All of that and no one loving notices the eye patch is on the wrong side.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

blackguy32 posted:

It's not a bad game. Most certainly not as bad as Goons were making it out to be. How are your controls set up? Right now I am rolling with the default, but I am considering switching to the D-pad for move, because it seems less finicky when it comes to first person aiming.

One really good idea that Portable Ops had, and not other games did, was a button you could hold down to walk. That would have been really useful in Peace Walker, since the analogue nub was very difficult to move small distances. MGS3 let you sneak with the d-pad though, but for some reason that was the only way to move silently, and even using the analogue stick to walk as slowly as you can will still make a noise.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

New trailer and PS4 exclusive content stuff coming tomorrow! Also

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

InfinityComplex posted:

It almost feels like im wearing nothing at all.

Nothing at all.

Nothing at all!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

InfinityComplex posted:

Raiden's rear end was an important first step in the development of sexy robots.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

A robot with boobs and a cock.

Nice!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sprat Sandwich posted:

A robot with boobs and a cock.

Nice!

Said dick is also where the pilot sits.

Yes, you heard me.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Gaz-L posted:

Said dick is also where the pilot sits.

Yes, you heard me.

Well, it's not a cockpit for nothing.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Why else do you think it's called a cockpit? Give your drat head a shake. :mad:

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

A literal cockpit is IMO bad design because if video games have ever taught me anything most baddies get shot in the dick.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

On the Jehuty, said cockpit goes full mast whenever you enter long range flight mode. They were perfectly aware of what they were doing there.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Kojima just tweeted this (re: tomorrow's Spike TV MGS PS4 event):

H to the Kozzers posted:

"SPIKE TV" is one of the most popular cable TV channels in US. There'll be a shocking PS4 related announcement that will blow your mind.

It's probably not the exclusive content thing as I'm sure he's aware that's common knowledge by now, but when it's Kojima who says something will blow your mind, I'm pretty curious what it will be. Curious and terrified.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Spike is popular, and are hosting something that has to do specifically with the playstation? Have I leaped dimensions?

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Crossing my fingers for an MGSV bundle sometime next year.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Stare-Out posted:

Kojima just tweeted this (re: tomorrow's Spike TV MGS PS4 event):

It's probably not the exclusive content thing as I'm sure he's aware that's common knowledge by now, but when it's Kojima who says something will blow your mind, I'm pretty curious what it will be. Curious and terrified.

Calling MGS V PS4 bundle.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Could be some swanky remote play functionality with the Vita maybe. Sounds like it could be something kinda big though.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
In the PS4 version you play as Big Boss, in the Xbone version you play as Grey Fox in disguise. :ocelot::unsmigghh:

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.

Penakoto posted:

Spike is popular, and are hosting something that has to do specifically with the playstation? Have I leaped dimensions?

They still have Gametrailers. I assume that's the only reason this is on Spike and not strictly just streamed online. Good exposure for Sony though.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I know i'm being greedy at this point but I'm hoping the trailer tomorrow has mostly new content. This is probably because I've replayed every released trailer countless times.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

I've had bad luck recently with super special announcements regarding my favorite series, so I fully expect either the announcement of something terrible or not actually "news".

(please be a trailer please be a trailer please be a trailer)

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Please be a full version of Sins of the Father :allears:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
considering the earlier big announcements on Spike TV, I imagine it will be something pretty noteworthy.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

considering the earlier big announcements on Spike TV, I imagine it will be something pretty noteworthy.

What if it's MGR2 WHOOAOAOUAAH!?

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
I always love looking back at that Revengeance trailer and seeing how many people were so upset about it being an action game.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Chip Cheezum posted:

I always love looking back at that Revengeance trailer and seeing how many people were so upset about it being an action game.

It's funny, I had the opposite reaction, and I literally squealed when the Platinum Games logo appeared.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Coughing Hobo posted:

It's funny, I had the opposite reaction, and I literally squealed when the Platinum Games logo appeared.

Same. I was only moderately caring about MGR before that happened.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That was my reaction too.
There probably isn't anything that guarantees quality like Platinum making an action game.

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

After the war of great troll, he only stands. He now returns to the legendary city to seek revenge on the death of his village. Episode 1: "Legendary School Girl Bubble Gum! Will Senpai Notice Me!?"
Looking back at the trailer, did that town-looking area every appear in the final game? I don't recall it at all. Geckos also looks skinnier, and I don't think the cyborg enemies wore hoodies.

On a side note, I remember thinking that Sam was Vamp when that trailer came out.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Snix posted:

Looking back at the trailer, did that town-looking area every appear in the final game? I don't recall it at all. Geckos also looks skinnier, and I don't think the cyborg enemies wore hoodies.

On a side note, I remember thinking that Sam was Vamp when that trailer came out.

Sam is very Vampish, but that's super intentional, considering that all of Rising is a MGS2 callback. I mean, you fight a big bald armored guy on a rooftop helipad.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

And the final boss is a middle-aged elected member of US Government.

Wait, so what MGS2 character is Dog-Shaped Robot Buddy supposed to evoke?

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

After the war of great troll, he only stands. He now returns to the legendary city to seek revenge on the death of his village. Episode 1: "Legendary School Girl Bubble Gum! Will Senpai Notice Me!?"
Rosemary of course. Because she's a bitch.

Probably Vamp. Because MGR is actually an allegory about Raiden trying to get over his obsession with Vamp. Read my fanfiction to find out more.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Mr. X, only because he invokes Grey Fox, who sacrificed himself to stop Metal Gear and (in Twin Snakes) tossed you a sword.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

And the final boss is a middle-aged elected member of US Government.

Wait, so what MGS2 character is Dog-Shaped Robot Buddy supposed to evoke?

Solid Snake. He gets tired of Raiden's bullshit, is way more informed about everything than Raiden, and even gives him the sword that he uses to kill the final boss.

He even becomes friends with a scientist named Emmerich, both of whom then take an orphan into their care that was delivered to them by Raiden.

e: which means Sunny is an allegory for both her father and his step-sister :shepface:

mortalwombat
Feb 15, 2003

So I think the big announcement is going to be...

...that's right, a breakfast cereal. Presenting: ZEREOS!

Nutrition is an important part of any tactical opertaion.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

mortalwombat posted:

So I think the big announcement is going to be...

...that's right, a breakfast cereal. Presenting: ZEREOS!

Nutrition is an important part of any tactical opertaion.

:madmax: But how does it taste?

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

The side of the box will have a convoluted story about how the Zeroes can become Ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Does Spike TV do online streaming of stuff? Will there be anyway for me to watch that thing tomorrow without having cable?

• Locked thread