Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
Misha: All of the best, most uplifting shows start with near-suicides turned grizzly murders, don't you think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

Writer Cath posted:

"Oh yes, I'm a demon who's tried to kill you dozens of times. This language that only I can read? I am totally giving you the right translation. Yep. Totally not just pretending to read this gibberish."

Did you miss how he correctly read off the ingredients for Metatron's spell?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Olibu posted:

Did you miss how he correctly read off the ingredients for Metatron's spell?

Must have. My bad.

Though it's interesting to see Crowley and Abaddon's conflicting approaches. He is kind of hamstrung by his deals, but she risks total anarchy by breaking all the rules.

CreedThoughts
Sep 24, 2007
Thanks, I've never owned a refrigerator

The show is pretty great so far this season. I was really pleased they resolved Crowley as the main villain last season without killing him, since he is a terrific character and Mark Sheppard is a great actor. Let's see how long until "Steve's" boss gets brutally killed somehow, being that this is Supernatural.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

pentyne posted:

Did Dean kick Castiel out of the bunker with nothing? You think he could have given him some cash or more then 1 set of clothes.

Or one of the cars kicking around the garage...

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

Astroman posted:

Or one of the cars kicking around the garage...

He was kicked out before they discovered the garage.Which is great because the Men of Letters built this huge fort that no one can use magic to find. The Winchesters have parked their car out front for anyone to come across this whole time. Sam and Dean haven't even taken time to check all the rooms. They really are the worst hunters. All the Cass episodes this season are such downers. I'm hoping for a happy ending but Cass never gets a happy ending to any of his story lines.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Bobby has commented on Sam and Dean being the best hunters and that he wonders why they're so stupid sometimes. It seems to me, hunters are a hairs breadth from being functionally retarded in general.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Out of everything that happened in that episode, finding out that Crowley likes being human, prefers to feel even when trapped all alone in a dark room for most of his time, was probably the mot shocking thing. Can't wait to see where that goes!

canadiantreefrog
Aug 26, 2006

So my friend's Supernatural/Akira shirt design is up on Teefury today. Apparently people are complaining that is doesn't show Dean's butt.

http://www.teefury.com/

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I think my favorite thing in the episode was Crowley calling Kevin "Short Round", especially after that :catstare: look from the blooper reel when Jared called him that by accident in front of his tv mom.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

TheChad posted:

Yeah the dog's lines were a bit offputting some times, but there were a few scenes that had me busting a gut laughing. Dean barking at the mailman in particular.

Dean checking out the poodle was funny but very disturbing at the same time. :/ Pigeons being douchebags not surprising. "Universal animal language, like esperanto." :D

I just caught up. Am I the only person who remembers Gary Larson's dog translator cartoon. That's all I could think of when I saw the preview. Hope it wasn't, like, on the page before how far back I went seeing if anyone posted it or a link.:ohdear:

I can't find a link straight to anything that looks like Gary Larson okay'd it being posted. :( But here's a link to the comic on photobucket.
http://s4.photobucket.com/user/Zippozeppo/media/dog-translator.jpg.html

I'm sorry Mister Larson.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
That was a quick and truthful confession from Dean.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
That's a pretty great mustache.

e: I'm loving that this is just a ghost episode.

computer parts fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Nov 20, 2013

canadiantreefrog
Aug 26, 2006

So this is the Supernatural version of Neon Rider?

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Aaaagggghhhhhhhhh :gonk:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
That was freaking gruesome.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
She was an excellent teacher apparently.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
That ended up being really sweet.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

computer parts posted:

e: I'm loving that this is just a ghost episode.

Been too long. This was a very well directed episode too.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
This was a great "throwback" episode.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

Kammat posted:

That ended up being really sweet.

Too bad the shot of Sam playing with his toys was a plane instead of an army man though. Could have been a tremendous call back but I figure that would have been hard to make out without making it obvious that it was some random dude in the car instead of their dad.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

CannedMacabre posted:

Been too long. This was a very well directed episode too.
I noticed that, too. It felt like 15 very smooth minutes.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
This episode wouldn't have felt out of place in the first two seasons.

I hope Sam gets something to do soon. This season he's just basically just a catalyst.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008
Note how the name Ezekiel wasn't said for the entire episode.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Olibu posted:

He still talked to him though in the beginning of the episode.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
In the Oz episode how did Ezekiel bring back the girl? Her soul went to heaven, and all of the angels but Metatron were kicked out of heaven, so how could he have the power to bring a soul back from heaven?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Yaos posted:

In the Oz episode how did Ezekiel bring back the girl? Her soul went to heaven, and all of the angels but Metatron were kicked out of heaven, so how could he have the power to bring a soul back from heaven?

It's possible her soul was still milling around waiting on a reaper to show up.

demozthenes
Feb 14, 2007

Wicked pissa little critta

Was Taters posted:

This episode wouldn't have felt out of place in the first two seasons.

Agreed - I've been catching the occasional rerun from S1-S3 and this felt just like them. It was definitely nice to see them whacking at ghosts with iron pokers again!

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Yaos posted:

I think the theory is that if your body only just died, just fixing the body itself, whether it's magic angel hands or CPR, will cause your soul to come back. No field trips to heaven needed.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Slightly amused at the Rugaru (sp?) hunt dad was on was the cover story. Let's not forget that they didn't know anything by that name existed before season 4. But I'm just picking.

I liked how this episode kind of explained how Dean went from delinquent to loyal family man in his teens. It felt appropriate that he'd spent some time in a boys home and remember afterwards the reason he kept going was for Sam.

Can Dean just tell Sam, already? 901, I thought he'd be pissed. But to be honest, after 902, I figured that he might just be okay with it and it was Dean killing himself over it.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I thought this was an ok episode, could have done without the flashbacks. And Dean continues to be a moron about the Ezekiel thing.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sekkira posted:

Can Dean just tell Sam, already? 901, I thought he'd be pissed. But to be honest, after 902, I figured that he might just be okay with it and it was Dean killing himself over it.

The mid season twist is that Sam found out a while ago and he and Zeke are just loving with Dean now.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

computer parts posted:

The mid season twist is that Sam found out a while ago and he and Zeke are just loving with Dean now.

By the time a guy tried to eat him to gain his magical regenerate-from-mortal-wounds power that totally doesn't exist, he should at least be aware that something is seriously loving up and Dean owes him an explanation that holds a drop of water.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

computer parts posted:

I seriously hope this happens.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

Sekkira posted:

Slightly amused at the Rugaru (sp?) hunt dad was on was the cover story. Let's not forget that they didn't know anything by that name existed before season 4. But I'm just picking.

I knew something ticked in my head when he said that.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Olibu posted:

I knew something ticked in my head when he said that.

Actually, thinking about it further, their initial reaction to the dude telling them about a rugaru was that it sounded like a story. Dean and John agreed to tell Sam that Dean was on a rugaru hunt, which Dean was probably all "Sure, whatever, that works." without realising his father didn't just make the word up.

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

Olibu posted:

I was just thinking the same thing about it being a basic, awesome ghost episode. I was going to be so mad if they used Ezekiel again as their 'poof solve problem' pass to work around having to waste the kid, and I was really glad they didn't go that route.

As for the flashbacks, I sorta enjoyed them! I always liked the episodes that dealt with the guys being younger.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

scorpiobean posted:

I was just thinking the same thing about it being a basic, awesome ghost episode. I was going to be so mad if they used Ezekiel again as their 'poof solve problem' pass to work around having to waste the kid, and I was really glad they didn't go that route.

As for the flashbacks, I sorta enjoyed them! I always liked the episodes that dealt with the guys being younger.

It could have gone the other way, which might have been interesting. Ezekiel solves the problem, alright. Just by ganking the kid.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I wonder how many different kids have played young Sam and Dean at this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cristatus
Apr 23, 2010

omg chael crash posted:

I wonder how many different kids have played young Sam and Dean at this point?

Pretty sure it's three for Sam and three for Dean. For Sam, they had one kid in "Something Wicked" in the first season, then they've used Colin Ford in all the flashbacks up to this episode, where it's just some random kid for two seconds. They used the same actor for young Dean in "Something Wicked" and the Christmas special, switched to a new one for "After School Special" and then the new one in this episode.

Also, I thought Sam and Dean didn't know that werewolves were real before that second season episode with Madison. Or that they'd never hunted one before. Or something. Anyone remember what the deal was with that? Young Dean mentioning the werewolf hunt bugged me for some reason.

• Locked thread