Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Mo0 posted:

That applies to a lot of video games.

It was pretty obvious they were poking fun at themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Man I loved that episode. The Game of Thrones stuff, the Xbox vs PS4 stuff. And it did one of my favorite things they do which is to take something pretty mundane and make everything super dramatic (like the lice episode). And I was pretty surprised and happy that it's a two parter.

Also I am sorry but I loving fell out of my chair laughing at "BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU"

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Macaluso posted:

Man I loved that episode. The Game of Thrones stuff, the Xbox vs PS4 stuff. And it did one of my favorite things they do which is to take something pretty mundane and make everything super dramatic (like the lice episode). And I was pretty surprised and happy that it's a two parter.

Also I am sorry but I loving fell out of my chair laughing at "BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU"

What made that one for me was Cartman's casual re-pronunciation of it as BUNDURU shortly afterwards.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

God, that was great. And they really can't go wrong whether they turn it into a three-parter or just leave it where it is for a year/ever.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The Sony headquarters scene followed up by the BRACK FRIDAY was too good. God drat.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

In that Comicon panel posted a few pages back (sometimes enlightening but also burdened by cringe-inducing nerdiness as those things often are) they mentioned that they wanted to do a tie-in episode with the game, so I wonder if this episode(s) will have any continuity with the game beyond them just wearing the same costumes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I lost it at the dragon-mouse screech at the end. But what are the Princess and the Wizard planning!?! :argh:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
does Kenny normally have a cadre of rats because he is poor or something? Is that where that mouse came from? And yes, the mouse roar was fantastic; the cherry on top.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Drifter posted:

does Kenny normally have a cadre of rats because he is poor or something? Is that where that mouse came from? And yes, the mouse roar was fantastic; the cherry on top.

In the early days, his corpse used to be devoured by rats a lot, so maybe it's a callback.

I haven't seen a single episode of Game of Thrones, but I laughed my rear end off at this episode.

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

Drifter posted:

In the early dies, whenever he died, a bunch of mice/rats would come up and dismember him, taking the pieces away to eat later. I suppose he's learned to master them after many deaths and rebirths. :)

Vin BioEthanol posted:

Who's the weird little hosed up looking dude with giant ears in the PS4 crowd? I know I've seen him before.

He was Yamal in "The List."

Tatum Girlparts posted:

He's that kid from the episode when the girls called Stan (I think?) ugly, so he wanted to burn the world down, burn it down.
The irony is that when Kyle went to actually burn the school down, he told Stan and Wendy where Kyle was so they could stop him.

Waltzing Along posted:

Wow..no one caught the Stick of Truth joke. Pre-orders. Assholes in California.
Oh, I got it. The game was supposed to come out next Tuesday, as I had posted before. Now that it's moved back to March 4, I'm sure Matt and Trey have heard plenty from people who are bummed out or pissed off about it. But yes, this can apply to any game whose release date is pushed back again and again.

WillieWestwood fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Nov 14, 2013

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Absolutely loved this episode. I lost it at them actually showing the Sony guy banging that girl. Did not expect that at all.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Gavok posted:

In the early days, his corpse used to be devoured by rats a lot, so maybe it's a callback.

I haven't seen a single episode of Game of Thrones, but I laughed my rear end off at this episode.

It's more likely a reference to the ending shot of GoT's first season with Daenerys having a dragon on her shoulder, screeching similarly. In case you or anyone else doesn't recognize the scene's origins, like I hadn't the Cthulhu/Totoro bit.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
MGS5, $100 rebate, 4 controllers and a map of Japan?

Sign me up for the Brack Friday Bunduru. :getin:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That episode was loving fantastic all-around. I've been following the console war pretty closely so it was fun to see them do an episode on it. The news anchor saying that Sony had announced the Brack Friday Bunduru with 4 controllers, a map of Japan, a $100 rebate and a pre-order of Metal Gear Solid 5 had me nearly in tears.

And Kenny as Dany Targaryen with the rat on his shoulder at the end was just the icing on the cake :D

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Vintimus Prime posted:

I lost it at them actually showing the Sony guy banging that girl. Did not expect that at all.

Is this a topical reference or just random?

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Game of Thrones tends to cut to a guy viciously banging a girl.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Apoplexy posted:

It's more likely a reference to the ending shot of GoT's first season with Daenerys having a dragon on her shoulder, screeching similarly. In case you or anyone else doesn't recognize the scene's origins, like I hadn't the Cthulhu/Totoro bit.

He had the rat for most of the episode. He was petting it while walking with Cartman.

entropy
Jul 19, 2003

I'm afraid I just blue and gold myself.
Yeah, I haven't watched any of GoT, and that episode was fantastic.

Dr. Discomfort
Sep 19, 2005
I am a nice man with happy feelings all of the time
i wonder if a Metal Gear Solid parody is on its way. stans dad just lost his eye and is leading mercenary mall cops against black friday shoppers, Stan being one of them who will likely have to infiltrate the mall alone as his few allies give support far away from the battlefield.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Dr. Discomfort posted:

i wonder if a Metal Gear Solid parody is on its way. stans dad just lost his eye and is leading mercenary mall cops against black friday shoppers, Stan being one of them who will likely have to infiltrate the mall alone as his few allies give support far away from the battlefield.
I initially typed "that's probably too niche of a reference to base an entire episode around."

Then I remembered that the Brack Friday Bundiru included a pre-order of Metal Gear Solid Five. That sure is an awfully deliberate choice of games to mention, isn't it? Dear god, man, I think you might be on to something.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dr. Discomfort posted:

Lead security guard dude who died and gave Randy his eye scar prosthetic thing already looked like Big Boss. I don't think that's who they were parodying, but still.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
That episode was kind of a crappy Game of Thrones parody except for one or two scenes. Also, there are no gay wieners on GoT, which is a disappointment :smith:

I hope it's a 2-parter at least. The end wasn't very good.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

escape artist posted:

That episode was kind of a crappy Game of Thrones parody except for one or two scenes. Also, there are no gay wieners on GoT, which is a disappointment :smith:

I hope it's a 2-parter at least. The end wasn't very good.
On a scale of A Feast For Crows to A Storm Of Swords I rate this episode: A Clash Of Kings.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Game of Thrones has only shown two dudes hangin' dong. One was straight, and the other a simpleton. Neither were gay. No gay weiners, which is a travasty.

This episode got more out-loud laughs from me than any episode they've done in a long time.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

LividLiquid posted:

Game of Thrones has only shown two dudes hangin' dong. One was straight, and the other a simpleton. Neither were gay. No gay weiners, which is a travasty.

This episode got more out-loud laughs from me than any episode they've done in a long time.

The only wiener I cared about was absolutely a gay wiener.

I'd post the gifs but that got me probated last time.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Shut up Butters if anything GoT needs more gay wiener.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Trey's Japanese guy voice kills me every time. It did in HumancentiPad and now this. I want that bunduru too.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

Given how Hodor's junk was described (vividly) by GRRM it was expected from episode 1 that they'd eventually show his massive dong. Fun fact, there's another character who also got the 'extremely over the top vivid dick description' who'll probably be asked to show his.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

pentyne posted:

Given how Hodor's junk was described (vividly) by GRRM it was expected from episode 1 that they'd eventually show his massive dong. Fun fact, there's another character who also got the 'extremely over the top vivid dick description' who'll probably be asked to show his.
I don't think the directors have the pull necessary to get Peter Dinklage to show his dilz.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Please don't post GoT spoilers.

Edit: And in case some of you can't tell, yes, this post is a fictitious piss-take, implying that dong size is a spoiler.

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?
I lost my recording as Randy walked outside to speak to the Black Friday queue, what happened in the last minute or two?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

withheldmcfakename posted:

I lost my recording as Randy walked outside to speak to the Black Friday queue, what happened in the last minute or two?

The PS4 faithful held a rally where it was revealed that Lady McCormick was commanding them. Then her rat-dragon let out a mighty roar. Who knows if he/she is going to betray Cartman, or if he's still an XBox loyalist.

My hope is that this is another surprise three-parter, which will be great because a third part will air right before Thanksgiving.

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The PS4 faithful held a rally where it was revealed that Lady McCormick was commanding them. Then her rat-dragon let out a mighty roar. Who knows if he/she is going to betray Cartman, or if he's still an XBox loyalist.

My hope is that this is another surprise three-parter, which will be great because a third part will air right before Thanksgiving.

Cool, thanks! My guess is that no matter what else happens, Kenny will be trampled to death by that one family who said they were going to find a little girl to crush to avenge their daughter. Easy call, but hey.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

As a non-American who only knows about America from over-the-top cartoons and GBS threads, I am shocked that Black Friday is still a thing.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Rexides posted:

As a non-American who only knows about America from over-the-top cartoons and GBS threads, I am shocked that Black Friday is still a thing.
So are we.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I was rewatching Let Go, Let Gov since it went on autoplay after this episode, and now I'm half expecting Butters to screw up everything by using his 80% off to get that puppy he wanted.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Rexides posted:

If you're also non-British, you'll probably not be surprised that we have something called Black Friday too - the last Friday before Christmas where everyone goes out drinking hard, and the scenes are not dissimilar. Except with more vomit.

Episode was brilliant, perfect mix of kids being kids (I especially liked the crappy 'generic fantasy' costumes, consoles wars), a ton of pop culture references, Randy being Randy and nothing particularly eye rolling and political. Best episode of the season by far.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

entropy posted:

Yeah, I haven't watched any of GoT, and that episode was fantastic.

I also don't watch GoT, but I felt the episode was really running that joke into the ground by the end. The Randy moments were great and the kids did have some hilarious bits (the Sony president, Cartman and Kenny in the garden, Butters' dong talk) but overall it didn't work for me.

Hopefully part 2 is better.

Existenzangst
Jul 19, 2013

pew pew
There is so much gold in that episode...

quote:

"I'm a sneaky little bee. Buzz buzz."

quote:

"The Federation has to agreed to fight with us!"

Existenzangst fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Nov 14, 2013

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

JT Jag posted:

I don't think the directors have the pull necessary to get Peter Dinklage to show his dilz.

There are more than a few boner descriptions in the books. Sam's fat pink mast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

TwoPair posted:

Calling it now, the whole thing is a lead-up to the Wii U winning the console war.

Would be cool if it were Steam Machines and it slips in the PC Gaming master race meme, yes I am aware the former is a console but still... :black101:

This is obviously going to end with something akin to the Red Wedding.

I'm curious as to who Kyle's character is suppose to be, maybe Tyrion??? :shrug:

• Locked thread