Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Well that was an unusually silly update, even for this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Well, that was something.

All that build up for his return and he just hospitalizes himself again.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Ah, I see. So Kuzuryuu is going to be unavailable to hang out with for the rest of the game due to increasingly contrived circumstances, like Kirigiri in the first game, yeah?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Hinata can just sleep in the spare rooms left over from the executions. No muss, no fuss.

I hope Kuzuryuu continues to hurt himself through increasingly grand gestures.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Green Intern posted:

Hinata can just sleep in the spare rooms left over from the executions. No muss, no fuss.

On top of everything else, dealing with a suicidal Kuzuryuu is just going to make this chapter's murder a lot more complicated, isn't it?

If the students find his body in the near future, it might take a while for them to realize he was actually murdered and didn't just kill himself. We've seen a suicide that looked like a murder in the last game; so maybe we're about to see a murder that looks like suicide.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

orenronen posted:

Nevertheless, there is something strange going on.

Is it just me or does this lunatic always pick the worst possible time to make that face? It's like he's daring everyone else to cave his skull in.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Well, yeah? That's what he has been saying all that time? "Could you please cave my skull with hope, please?".

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kuzuryuu wasn't trying to kill himself, he was trying to wound himself. He's not suicidal, and I doubt he'll stab himself again, considering he dropped the knife and didn't try to keep stabbing himself.

Stabbing himself was his way of repenting for Koizumi's death, it wasn't an attempt to off himself.

Apollove
May 31, 2013

Green Intern posted:

IIRC owari already tried to get into a dead student's cabin and couldn't.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Endorph posted:

Kuzuryuu wasn't trying to kill himself, he was trying to wound himself. He's not suicidal, and I doubt he'll stab himself again, considering he dropped the knife and didn't try to keep stabbing himself.

Stabbing himself was his way of repenting for Koizumi's death, it wasn't an attempt to off himself.

Looked like he was going for a seppuku to me, he just wasn't able to slice the stomach open after stabbing it. I don't blame him for losing his nerves at that point. He'll probably be back feeling even more ashamed than before.

Also, you don't just start stabbing away if the stomach wound isn't immediately fatal, that's just gruesome. Cutting your throat is obviously much more graceful.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

tiistai posted:

Looked like he was going for a seppuku to me, he just wasn't able to slice the stomach open after stabbing it. I don't blame him for losing his nerves at that point. He'll probably be back feeling even more ashamed than before.

Also, you don't just start stabbing away if the stomach wound isn't immediately fatal, that's just gruesome. Cutting your throat is obviously much more graceful.

Isn't the stomach cutting usually followed up by a beheading? How exactly would he pull that off?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Kay Kessler posted:

Isn't the stomach cutting usually followed up by a beheading? How exactly would he pull that off?

For formal seppuku, someone is waiting until after the person slices their stomach open to behead them. You can't really do this in the middle of, say, a battlefield, so decapitation isn't always a part of this.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Kay Kessler posted:

With a second person :v:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Huh. Quite a gesture by Kuzuryuu. Not exactly healthy, but it is mildly encouraging that he wants to make some sort of gesture to the rest of the group - and that seemed to get to Saionji a bit.

I'll be interested to see what Owari's up to. I'm reasonably confident she's not dead.

CecilHoshino
Oct 2, 2013

Mm. Yes. Quite amused.

orenronen posted:

Heh. Heh. Heh. Four hehs.
...No, there were only three.

Well, if you count that last "heh," that IS four "hehs."

Anyone else getting that sort of Masamune Date vibe from Kuzuryuu's new eyepatch?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

CecilHoshino posted:

Anyone else getting that sort of Masamune Date vibe from Kuzuryuu's new eyepatch?

Unless he starts wearing a samurai helmet in honor of Peko or something, I just see him as Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Unless he starts wearing a samurai helmet in honor of Peko or something, I just see him as Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid.

He's nowhere gruff enough to be Big Boss. With that hair, I'd say he's more like Raiden.

Maybe Monobear stuffed some cybernetic implants into him during the surgery? :getin:

Ganonpork
Nov 4, 2013
The whole "storing characters away for inordinate amounts of time in a hospital until the plot has a use for them" thing is stirring up memories of Persona 3. I guess the similarities don't end with both games having social links. Here's to hoping Kuzuryuu returns with a novelty second eye patch covering his stab wound.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Tunahead posted:

Yeah, Nanami seems to have taken a very strong maternal role in the group. I hope she doesn't die, I think it would be devastating to the group. Compared to her counterpart in the first game, Kirigiri, I think she has significantly better odds of making it though, since Kirigiri was kind of at odds with everyone else, whereas I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill Nanami.

I dunno. I always expected Kirigiri to live because she was cautious, but after Togami died I expected Chiaki to die after for a similar reason. Though that turned out not to be the case.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Ganonpork posted:

Here's to hoping Kuzuryuu returns with a novelty second eye patch covering his stab wound.

Like a Mayoral Sash, but with "the littlest yakuza" written on it instead, and a bulge where the patch part goes.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Tunahead posted:

Yeah, Nanami seems to have taken a very strong maternal role in the group. I hope she doesn't die, I think it would be devastating to the group. Compared to her counterpart in the first game, Kirigiri, I think she has significantly better odds of making it though, since Kirigiri was kind of at odds with everyone else, whereas I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill Nanami.

There's always the other way out.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Owari probably just went off to punch Monobear and got mangled.

Does that still count as a murder case? Because I could see Monobear trolling everybody by calling a trial out of boredom or whatever.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Glazius posted:

Does that still count as a murder case? Because I could see Monobear trolling everybody by calling a trial out of boredom or whatever.

That's exactly what Chapter 5 and 6 of the first game were.

...The fact that they were that was obfuscated by our wonderful headmaster, sure, but that's what they were.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

CecilHoshino posted:

I'm seeing Yakuza's Goro Majima, personally. Both their eyepatches look really snakey, although Kuzuryuu's appears to be a spiral and Majima's is an actual snake. Both are brash, loudmouthed guys with a host of gently caress-ups under their belts who make really big gestures for honor's sake.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Glazius posted:

It wouldn't be much of a trial, unless they discovered her dead body while Monobear wasn't there.

And even then, Monobear has guns and claws and other wacky devices, which I don't believe the other students have access to. So it probably wouldn't be too hard to tell who the murderer was.

Oliver Crowley
Apr 28, 2013

Consult your pineal gland, schmuck.

CecilHoshino posted:

I was thinking both of those things as I read the update.

That being said, Kuzuryuu isn't trying to off himself. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Yakuza have a strict expatiation policy; loving up can cost you an appendage and the most sincere apologies come with some self-bloodshed. Every single thing about his introduction and apology screamed "Yakuza etiquette", right down to downplaying his apology via goring.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know how plausible this is, I'm a bit behind on my Dangan Ronpas, but do you guys think that Alter Ego will show back up in this game? I know, I know, the computer she was on was killed in the first game, but that was just Serious Hardware. Her Software Crap could still live on :angel:

Also, just look at how cute Fujisaki is. I wanna see that face again :3:

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

I remember us talking about him awhile ago, and I think the general consensus is that Alter Ego is still alive, but also probably stuck in the computer systems of Hope's Peak Academy all alone.

I'd like to see him again, but yeah, dead or alive he was left behind and pretty much forgotten after his successful rescue attempt.

of bees
Dec 28, 2009
Well, if anyone from this group makes it off the island, they can go back to the school and rescue Alter Ego!

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Dangan Ronpa III: The Search for Alter Ego

Starring William Shatner as Hajime Hinata

Joenen
Feb 15, 2012

This cast is just great. Kuzuryuu, Saionji, and Nanami had some nice character development here, and the others are really fun to watch be themselves.

I was almost expecting Kuruzryuu to cut off his little finger, but I suppose this method is more....sincere....

At this point, I don't care which Character gets their Free-time. They're all turning out great, and Oren clearly has great taste regardless.

Joenen fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Nov 16, 2013

zetsubous
Feb 19, 2013

Penakoto posted:

I remember us talking about him awhile ago, and I think the general consensus is that Alter Ego is still alive, but also probably stuck in the computer systems of Hope's Peak Academy all alone.

I'd like to see him again, but yeah, dead or alive he was left behind and pretty much forgotten after his successful rescue attempt.

Of course, if the "this is a VR simulation" theory is true -- I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet but we actually got some new possible evidence for that in this update, with Hinata's weather commentary -- it could potentially be that he'll show up in whatever system is running the simulation.

Alter Ego vs. Monobear, Round 2, Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013

zetsubous posted:

Alter Ego vs. Monobear, Round 2, Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

We may have already seen that. If this is a VR simulation, and if Alter Ego is a part of it, the most logical thing would be for Alter Ego to be Umami.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Yes, I noticed the weather commentary too, and it made me feel evidence for a VR simulation is slowly building. I don't really like that idea, but it might actually be true.

I'd be surprised if Alter Ego makes a reappearance, but Umami being Alter Ego does make some sense. If Umami wasn't just working for Togami and friends.

Seriously Safe
Sep 7, 2009

:tinfoil:
This, plus Hinata feeling like he's being watched earlier in the game is a little odd.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Seriously Safe posted:

This, plus Hinata feeling like he's being watched earlier in the game is a little odd.

Hinata feeling like he's being watched could just be a hint to the events being broadcast to the world like the first game.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Is a 3-3-7 beat significant? That sounds familiar for some reason.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Gensuki posted:

I'm assuming it's just beat beat beat rest, beat beat beat rest, beat beat beat beat beat beat beat rest. Hot cross buns, if you will. It's pretty common.

Unless Ubuki was standing there changing meters on everyone, which she'd be capable of doing, but.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Bean posted:

I'm assuming it's just beat beat beat rest, beat beat beat rest, beat beat beat beat beat beat beat rest. Hot cross buns, if you will. It's pretty common.

Unless Ubuki was standing there changing meters on everyone, which she'd be capable of doing, but.

Ibuki was actually drumming a Don Ellis song on Nidai's door. Because drumming is easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Gensuki posted:

Sounds to me like something a crowd (or cheerleaders) would clap in a sports event or something.

• Locked thread