Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkSol posted:

What the Christ, Amazon!

I didn't want to refund the console through you! Why the gently caress would you do that when I explicitly stated that neither a refund or replacement would work for me?

Wait, what other option is there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Is there a way to report bugs to Sony/Amazon? I've found a repeatable bug that crashes the PS4. If you hit the playstation button while using Amazon Video, it brings up the dynamic menu, putting you on the TV & Video tab. If you hit down, it will automatically bring you to the Amazon video icon. But if you switch quickly from TV & Video to Amazon and then back to TV & Video it freezes the console. These might not be the exact steps, but it has crashed my PS4 3 times now.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

DarkSol posted:

What the Christ, Amazon!

I didn't want to refund the console through you! Why the gently caress would you do that when I explicitly stated that neither a refund or replacement would work for me?

We're not Amazon.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

DarkSol posted:

What the Christ, Amazon!

What?

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.
So it ended up taking twelve hours for my BF4 PS3 upgrade to install the multiplayer portion. Everything else installs much faster than that, this is the only game that took a while.

I also noticed that sometimes when a disc is spinning, the PS4 will make a loud humming noise, and then when it spins down it makes a weird noise. Not sure if it's an issue or that's just what it does, it is working perfectly fine otherwise.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Feenix posted:

You can ignore it.

Look, I'm not happy with Amazon or Sony on this, but defrauding Amazon doesn't really fly in my eyes.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

DarkSol posted:

Look, I'm not happy with Amazon or Sony on this, but defrauding Amazon doesn't really fly in my eyes.

If you don't send the product they'll just charge the cost of it back to you. You'll just have an extra 400-something dollars sitting in your account that you shouldn't spend for a while.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Another question I just thought of: Does the DS4 have SIXAXIS? I know it has rumble because it's part of the DualShock family, but I couldn't remember whether or not I'd heard if PS4 games used SIXAXIS control.

I know Killzone 2 and 3 did on PS3 so I thought Shadow Fall might if it was still a thing for PS4.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
It either does or Flower is easier than I thought and I'm waggling the thing around incidentally.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

If you don't send the product they'll just charge the cost of it back to you. You'll just have an extra 400-something dollars sitting in your account that you shouldn't spend for a while.

I already had them reverse the refund, because I was like "What the gently caress?" And Amazon really dropped the ball on this. $15 credit? Really? Whatever. I just want to play my PS4. :sigh:

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Another question I just thought of: Does the DS4 have SIXAXIS? I know it has rumble because it's part of the DualShock family, but I couldn't remember whether or not I'd heard if PS4 games used SIXAXIS control.

I know Killzone 2 and 3 did on PS3 so I thought Shadow Fall might if it was still a thing for PS4.

Yes. Push r3 when a keyboard is up to use the sixaxxis keyboard control.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

It has an improved six axis actually, reviewers have said its much better than on the DS3.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

My console from Amazon had the packaged air only on top, but fortunately it was only loud when I was playing games for the first time and they were installing. No problems with the system so far. Streaming audio to the controller is a godsend, but I think it might drain the battery more quickly. Either that or I'm just playing too much!

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Hoooooo poo poo. I read posts here about USB headsets working, and remember that I bought the Logitech H600 a year or so ago to try with my PS3. It didn't work on it, so it just kinda sat in storage since.

I plug it in and it's working, game audio, muting, everything :holy:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

It has it, looks like they got rid of forcing developers to ham fistedly shove it into games. I've heard nothing but good things about flower.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

DarkSol posted:

Dude. No one knows what you are talking about since you're just ranting in here but my assumption is they processed a return but will not put money back on your card till they see you have sent it.

Hence, don't send it.

If some shlub at amazon was dumb enough to give you actual money back without having their console at the very least in the courier system with a tracker, well... Someone's getting fired.

Also... And I mean this with respect... We don't need the play by play.

Dunderhead
Dec 31, 2003
Airdisc^2
About to go live for anyone interested (Killzone):

http://www.twitch.tv/dunderhead_

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Don Lapre posted:

Yes. Push r3 when a keyboard is up to use the sixaxxis keyboard control.

El Hefe posted:

It has an improved six axis actually, reviewers have said its much better than on the DS3.

davecrazy posted:

It has it, looks like they got rid of forcing developers to ham fistedly shove it into games. I've heard nothing but good things about flower.
Cool, thanks guys :)

I'm going to try to get my own PS4 soon. It's just a matter of having the money and finding one in stock somewhere :negative:

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I'm going to try to get my own PS4 soon. It's just a matter of having the money and finding one in stock somewhere :negative:

To be honest man, I'd give it until February when there is a decent stock and some of the issues have been hammered out. I got lucky with mine, and while I loving love it, there are a few issues, but that's what I came into the game knowing as an early adopter. If you can get a deal, go for it, but otherwise just keep patient and start putting some cash back.

Machismo
Mar 29, 2007

I'm a rapist! Who cares if there's no evidence, I'm guilty until innocent!
Anyone succeed in connecting the Playstation App to their PS4? The app doesn't see the ps4 even though I am on the same wifi router. I got a dual band N router. That shouldn't be the cause, right?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wow I just got treated so badly at the sony store while trying to return a dualshock 4 that I seriously feel like never giving Sony another penny. The way they upsold ps4s was maybe some of the scummiest poo poo I have ever seen in my life.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

NESguerilla posted:

Wow I just got treated so badly at the sony store while trying to return a dualshock 4 that I seriously feel like never giving Sony another penny. The way they upsold ps4s was maybe some of the scummiest poo poo I have ever seen in my life.

Thanks for all the details.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

MrLonghair posted:

Some of the Amazon packaging comments I've read spoke of the box being the PS4 box on the bottom, and then the air blisters on top of it. That's a great way to guarantee internal damage to anything with moving internal parts like the HD, especially with the beats and bumps these packages take with many nodes having 6ft+ drops.

My packaging was literally the box inside another box of the exact same size. I also completely underestimated the size of the PS4's box so I ended up strapping it to the back of my motorcycle and went home. It was a nerve wrecking ride.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Machismo posted:

Anyone succeed in connecting the Playstation App to their PS4? The app doesn't see the ps4 even though I am on the same wifi router. I got a dual band N router. That shouldn't be the cause, right?

Yep, my iPhone connected to it just fine.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Speaking of that, is there any way to prevent it from being automatically disconnected after five minutes or something of inactivity? Given that it won't automatically reconnect either, it's pretty useless as a remote control for movies or whatever like that.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

If you're having issues coming up with the money I'd say it's worth it just to wait. I'm having fun with my PS4 but all of these games will be available still in a few months plus there'll be more cool poo poo.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

MrLonghair posted:

Some of the Amazon packaging comments I've read spoke of the box being the PS4 box on the bottom, and then the air blisters on top of it. That's a great way to guarantee internal damage to anything with moving internal parts like the HD, especially with the beats and bumps these packages take with many nodes having 6ft+ drops.

My packaging was a box slightly bigger than the PS4 box with maybe half an inch of leeway on either side. No air bags or nothing. I haven't had any issues with the system at all yet, but I got the protection plan anyway. They're usually a ripoff, but launch consoles are a notable exception.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Machismo posted:

Shouldn't matter. I connected up on my Asus RT-N56U with no issues (iPhone 4s).

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

NESguerilla posted:

Went to Best Buy to get a Nexus tablet and a PS4 controller and I had such a lovely experience with upselling, sales, etc. that it really reminded me of why I never shop anywhere except Amazon.

Also reading about how much everyone is enjoying NFS is killing me since Amazon still says they have no idea when they'll get new copies to send out.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Target didn't even try to force a protection plan on me. The whole experience was pretty pleasant.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Upselling sucks but it's the nature of the retail beast, especially in the last 5 years. Managers push for "attachments" "protection plans" and "services". Just learn how to deal with it, because it's not going anywhere.

Obsidius
Nov 18, 2009

If you ever drop your
keys into a river of molten
lava, let 'em go, because
man, they're gone.

NESguerilla posted:

Like, what did they do?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

El Hefe posted:

Dewgy posted:

It either does or Flower is easier than I thought and I'm waggling the thing around incidentally.
I don't remember being able to stop and turn on a dime on the PS3 version of Flower, but I can do it in the PS4 version, I'd chalk that up to improved motion controls. Flower is great. :allears:

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Nitramster posted:

Upselling sucks but it's the nature of the retail beast, especially in the last 5 years. Managers push for "attachments" "protection plans" and "services". Just learn how to deal with it, because it's not going anywhere.

Is it really difficult to just say 'No thanks, not interested :)' I know it's annoying but they're not forcing you.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

This was on my FB wall. Guddamn, Sony.

Orty
May 14, 2007

Streaming some Killzone singleplayer, currently at Chapter 7 if anyone is interested. (No mic/cam, straight gameplay)

twitch.tv/ortortorty

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

BreakAtmo posted:

This was on my FB wall. Guddamn, Sony.

Though they don't cite any sources, this is a great picture to illustrate the way the logistics of manufacturing and distributing consoles have improved. The Wii was hard to find for a very, very long time because they kept selling out instantly. I remember, even, that I was a month or two late on the 360 launch because whomever I preordered with welched.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Though they don't cite any sources, this is a great picture to illustrate the way the logistics of manufacturing and distributing consoles have improved. The Wii was hard to find for a very, very long time because they kept selling out instantly. I remember, even, that I was a month or two late on the 360 launch because whomever I preordered with welched.

Yeah, if the chart is correct then I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of the high sales really are due to just more consoles being available.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Is PSN down or not working for anyone else? I tried logging out and logging back in and that worked, but when I click on my Friends list and/or try to accept friend requests it's just hanging. I know mhy internet connection is working fine because I'm posting right now.

edit: I just got error code NW-31448-0 and google comes up with nothing on this error code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
http://www.twitch.tv/cortezfantastic

Going to be streaming BF4

PSN: LEDsoundsystem if you'd like to join me

• Locked thread