Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I wish someone had told me that Andy Samburg isn't acting like an SNL character in his show or else I would have started watching Brooklyn 99 a lot sooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Samberg is Sambergy but I trust the Parks and Recreation team.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

IRQ posted:

Why? All I know is that there's androids and someone is like Judge Dredd.

The lead character is Karl Urban, who was Judge Dredd in last year's Dredd movie.
(You should also watch last year's Dredd movie, by the way.)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

PriorMarcus posted:

The real surprise isn't what it's called (it's How I Met Your Dad) but that's not about Ted's wife but instead a group of totally random new characters we meet in the final episode.

I'm sure this will work out just as well as comedy classic That 80's Show!

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

The lead character is Karl Urban, who was Judge Dredd in last year's Dredd movie.

All I could think about when watching the commercials for Almost Human was that it looked like Judge Dredd was training RoboCop.

Which would make a badass show that Almost Human can't possibly live up to.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

I did, it was a fantastic throwback to 80s action movies. But if that's the only reason someone mentioned Judge Dredd it's not selling me on the show very hard. I'll probably give it a try anyway though since apparently nothing is on tonight.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Doctor Butts posted:

I wish someone had told me that Andy Samburg isn't acting like an SNL character in his show or else I would have started watching Brooklyn 99 a lot sooner.

You must have missed all the people in this thread saying that Brooklyn 99 was awesome ever since the first episode.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Doctor Butts posted:

Don't watch it for Samberg, watch it for Terry Crews or Melissa Fumero*.

*or Chelsey Peretti if you have really low self-esteem.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

IRQ posted:

I did, it was a fantastic throwback to 80s action movies. But if that's the only reason someone mentioned Judge Dredd it's not selling me on the show very hard. I'll probably give it a try anyway though since apparently nothing is on tonight.

Well, it's a cop show in THE FUTURE in a crime ridden, gang-run city with soulless robot cops and some of the violence is pretty graphic and one of the cop robots pisses off Karl Urban so he throws him out of a moving car into traffic on the highway. So I mean if you like any combination of those things then you should give it a try.

Also, part 2 of Person of Interest's 3-part midseason finale is on tonight.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Rarity posted:

You must have missed all the people in this thread saying that Brooklyn 99 was awesome ever since the first episode.

It was all those people fawning over it that convinced me to give it a chance.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

Well, it's a cop show in THE FUTURE in a crime ridden, gang-run city with soulless robot cops and some of the violence is pretty graphic and one of the cop robots pisses off Karl Urban so he throws him out of a moving car into traffic on the highway. So I mean if you like any combination of those things then you should give it a try.

Also, part 2 of Person of Interest's 3-part midseason finale is on tonight.

Yeah I'll be giving that a try.

I guess Deadpool is slacking on the stickies :argh:, I thought we'd entered the xmas slump early or something.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

They're spinning off HIMYM.

See if you can guess what they're calling it.

Holy poo poo, gently caress everyone involved with this becoming an actual thing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Uh I'm the showrunner so gently caress you too!

Probably gonna intro the dad mid season 10, thoughts?

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 19, 2013

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

They should call it How I Married Your Dad and make it a one season, 24-esque show of the wedding day and all the shenanigans therein.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Why isn't it How I Met Your Father?

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
They should draw How I Met Your Dad out for 10 seasons and in the final episode reveal that the actual fathers were one-night stands of infidelity, then retroactively rename the show "How I Met Your Dads."

And make the dads Barney and his brother.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Looks like The Box is being raised from the dead for a new generation:
http://originals.musicchoice.com/play/RateIt.aspx

I can't get it on my cable provider because gently caress paying $6 for a converter box to watch Music Choice, but seeing as apparently Avril Lavigne, Drake, One Direction, Fall Out Boy, and Linkin Park have been rated "#turnitloud" and Daft Punk was rated "#turnitoff" I don't think I'll be missing much.

raditts fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 19, 2013

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

So it capitalize on the success of Dads.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

Updating the title for the Millenial generation :v:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Mu Zeta posted:

Is it weird that this is the thing that bothers/annoys me the most about this spinoff?

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

VDay posted:

Is it weird that this is the thing that bothers/annoys me the most about this spinoff?

No, it has been bothering me for days as well.

#firstworldproblems

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Mu Zeta posted:

Focus Groups.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

VDay posted:

It wasn't until someone mentioned it and now I agree. Whatever happened to consistency?!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

piratepilates posted:

Focus Groups.

It's actually Misandry.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Guys I'm currently out of town and won't be around much, if at all this week due to a death in the family. OSG will be the only mod around until the weekend but try not to overwhelm him as he's old and senile.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

zoux posted:

They're spinning off HIMYM.

See if you can guess what they're calling it.

Those poor kids. Do they even get bathroom breaks?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Sorry for your loss, Deadpool, we'll behave in your absence.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Condolences, Deadpool.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Deadpool posted:

Guys I'm currently out of town and won't be around much, if at all this week due to a death in the family. OSG will be the only mod around until the weekend but try not to overwhelm him as he's old and senile.

:(

Condolences for sure.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:( Sorry to hear that, DP. We'll all behave. We'll even lock Irish Joe in a cupboard till you're back.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Take it easy Deadpool :sympathy:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Mu Zeta posted:

My guess is that they think that if they name it that, people will assume it's about Ted's wife, which it's not.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
Father/Dad - I'm still not going to watch it. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on WAIT FOR IT...

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Am I just misreading that article, or was something new put out since the original one was linked? It looks to me like it says specifically it is about the Mother from HIMYM.

quote:

The girl with the yellow umbrella will finally get a chance to tell her side of the story in a spinoff of How I Met Your Mother.

After two weeks of deliberation, CBS has struck a deal with 20th Century Fox to order up How I Met Your Dad, the female account of Ted Mosby’s quest to find his one true love on the long-running, popular sitcom How I Met Your Mother.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
All my best to your family, Deadpool!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Condolences and prayers, Deadpool.

Idran posted:

Am I just misreading that article, or was something new put out since the original one was linked? It looks to me like it says specifically it is about the Mother from HIMYM.

Yeah. I haven't been watching for a couple of seasons but my impression was that they had finally introduced the mom and now they're going to tell her story. Which is actually an interesting idea especially if they introduced her group of friends in the final season of How I Met Your Mother, basically making much of the last season a backdoor pilot for How I Met Your Father. Which is kind of a cool idea if you can ignore that its obviously a way to keep the gravy train going.

So like the mother has a best friend who appears in one episode with Ted and Barney. Then a couple of college friends who appear in another with Ted, Marshall, and Lily. Then an ex boyfriend she's stayed friends with introduced in an episode with Ted and Robin. And then they all come together with Ted's whole group and there's a big wedding as the finale and then boom, Ted and his friends are gone and its Mom and her friends telling their story.

Like the best thing I can think of to compare it to is the first six episodes of the last season of Scrubs where they tried to introduce the new cast while using the old cast sparingly. That might have worked if the new cast members had been introduced the season before more gradually.

It seems kind of cool in theory but again I admit I haven't watched in seasons so I have no clue what the state of the show is or if the actual plan is anything like what I described.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Guillermo del Toro's The Strain is a go for next summer on FX. Corey Stoll is starring as Ephraim Goodweather, a doctor for the CDC who happens to be at ground zero for a vampire outbreak in New York City. I have a feeling that they might change up the opening a little because it bears more than a passing resemblance to the first episode of Fringe being the outbreak starts with a plane full of dead people.

What sets The Strain apart from other vampire stories is that the vampires in it aren't suave humans with fangs who can't go out in the sun. Instead they're out and out monsters who quickly lose all distinguishing characteristics and have mouth stingers like the vampires in Blade II.

Also if they follow the books the series is going to get SUPER dark.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Isn't that a bit like I Am Legend? At first glance that sounds like the thing it could most be compared to. "Vampires" that are born from disease in a story that takes more from zombie stories then vampire lore.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Idran posted:

Everything I've read says that it's a new group of 5 people who the HIMYM cast meet during the finale. That sounds like misreporting/speculation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Isn't that a bit like I Am Legend? At first glance that sounds like the thing it could most be compared to. "Vampires" that are born from disease in a story that takes more from zombie stories then vampire lore.

While it acts like a disease the vampire stuff is very supernatural.

• Locked thread