Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011
It's a loving mannequin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

beato posted:

Is that a Real Doll?

Magres posted:

It's a loving mannequin

Same difference.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
30 Years War general Alessandro Dal Borro.

I wonder if he has the record for the heaviest soldier or warrior in history. Plus, I know fashion was different back then, but his hair is so weirdly shaped.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

zoux posted:

Baggy suits were popular in 2003:

Bottom is the 2013 draft class, and those dudes look smooth as hell.

It's kinda weird to think though the age when everyone finally has a cell phone in their pockets that is basically a must have now, is the age when tightness becomes the biggest trend.

I prefer the fitted look no doubt (I had fitted jeans in high school in 2003, I was uncool then), but it is funny that now we all have big bulges in our pockets all the time. I guess it's time to go full European in the States and carry murses.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
It's probably been posted here before, but another long line of synthol fakers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNX_lE_Wm1s

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Benne posted:

Tracy McGrady: One of the best NBA players of the 2000s, horrible loving taste in suits

You made millions playing professional basketball and can't even bother to hire a tailor for your TV appearance :cmon:

Since when did Jnco make suits?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

It looks like someone smacked Louis Renault in the head with an iron bar.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Jamesman posted:

What's more awkward; The people trying to emulate a Japanese maid cafe, or the people that will want to go there?

The former might make money, so the latter are definitely more awkward.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It takes a lot of talent to make some of the tallest men on the planet look like little boys who got caught trying on their father's church wear.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

T Fowl posted:

It's kinda weird to think though the age when everyone finally has a cell phone in their pockets that is basically a must have now, is the age when tightness becomes the biggest trend.

I prefer the fitted look no doubt (I had fitted jeans in high school in 2003, I was uncool then), but it is funny that now we all have big bulges in our pockets all the time. I guess it's time to go full European in the States and carry murses.

Well, if you're wearing a suit, you should put it in the inside front pocket of the jacket. It might still bulge a bit, depending on the size of the phone and the cut of the jacket and your size, but typically less than it does in your pants pocket.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Is that a pony in your pants or are you just a sad excuse for a human being?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Stripey pants are rad but what the hell is with the MLP thing? I can't believe it's actual official merchandise. I know they must be aware of all the wierdos but catering to them seems like an awful idea.

I guess if it's child size only it be less bad.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

I'm pretty sure the tag says "Size XL", so no luck of that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Danica! posted:

Since when did Jnco make suits?

He's claiming now that they sent him an unfinished suit and he had nothing else to wear.

Gallery of humiliated Etsy boyfriends:
http://imgur.com/a/ou5xF

Choice pics:

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

RillAkBea posted:

Another one of which, less often mentioned than the maids but just as awful of course, is Japan's host and hostess bars. Pay $100 an hour plus drinks for a complete stranger to inflate my ego? And I have to buy overpriced drinks for them too, even though they work there? Sure, why not, take all my money as long as they're really really good at pretending to love me. :smith:

This is what a strip club does, but much less expensive. Hope that helps.

Hammer And Pickle
Nov 14, 2012

Hammer And Pickle has a new favorite as of 18:34 on Nov 20, 2013

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

OkCupid sent me an email that this guy was checking me out.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

zoux posted:

This one looks like the picture Rolling Stone would go with, interviewing a band member from whatever generic, ephemeral shoegaze band is basking in the apex of their one-hit-only single.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Mister Potato Head incarnate.

Edit: Thread challenge: Photoshop his nose out and see how much more like a potato he looks.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Grrl Anachronism posted:

OkCupid sent me an email that this guy was checking me out.

Subject: WARNING This man is checking you out WARNING

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

I would totally wear these if I could get them without the pony poo poo. Stripes are rad as hell

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Magres posted:

I would totally wear these if I could get them without the pony poo poo. Stripes are rad as hell

Good news I'm pretty sure they sell underwear without ponies on them. Somewhere.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

The guy on the left is killing me. He looks like he's socking himself in the jaw and he's shocked about it.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

The Monkey Man posted:

There was a maid cafe at Otakon that had a similar set of rules.

At least it won't be as ill-advised as the (now closed) maid cafe in Detroit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2H-4OwbXKk

Speaking of which, anyone got an update on the guy with the otherkin cafe idea?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

hallo spacedog posted:

Wow, those baggy suits are really terrible looking. Everyone looks so much better now.

Except that 2013 clothes will look ridiculous and/or ugly to people in 2023.

And then good again in 2033.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Krispy Kareem posted:

Except that 2013 clothes will look ridiculous and/or ugly to people in 2023.

And then good again in 2033.

As an old, I used to say, "Some styles are so terrible that they will never come back."

Then I saw several college-age girls wearing cropped overalls over striped t-shirts with plastic "jelly" shoes and ruffly anklet socks this summer.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

AlbieQuirky posted:

As an old, I used to say, "Some styles are so terrible that they will never come back."

Then I saw several college-age girls wearing cropped overalls over striped t-shirts with plastic "jelly" shoes and ruffly anklet socks this summer.

So it's not just me. This summer I saw a high school age girl in overalls with a quasi blossom hat.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Bean posted:

The guy on the left is killing me. He looks like he's socking himself in the jaw and he's shocked about it.

It looks like he was caught mid-sentence growling 'are we loving done yet?'

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Stultus Maximus posted:

So it's not just me. This summer I saw a high school age girl in overalls with a quasi blossom hat.

Blossom hats are making a come back? Dear God :stare:

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

William Bear posted:

30 Years War general Alessandro Dal Borro.

I wonder if he has the record for the heaviest soldier or warrior in history. Plus, I know fashion was different back then, but his hair is so weirdly shaped.

He was really good at his job, too.
Also, you can buy a copy of that painting and put it in your house.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Desperado Bones posted:

Blossom hats are making a come back? Dear God :stare:
"What the gently caress is a blossom hat?"

:catstare: "Whoa."
The instant I saw those images, my head was resounding with "Rmber dese? Lyke if ur 90''s kid!!!1"

This was also in the search results.

quote:

Just in time for the Cherry Blossom Festival—and for spring and summer beyond—-our favorite hat designer, Abigail Aldridge, has created exclusively for Woman Around Town four sweet confections that will be sure to turn heads.
The other three aren't so bad, but I can imagine the person wearing one of these just going around Chinatown and bowing with hands pressed together to every Asian person they see, going "Nihao".

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
What I saw was more

but still...

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Stultus Maximus posted:

What I saw was more

but still...

I don't think that I've ever seen Jaden Smith smile like that.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Stultus Maximus posted:

What I saw was more

but still...

I guess flower hats are one of the 123 ways you can wear denim, huh.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

What I saw was more

but still...
I think every 4 year old girl in the 90's had that exact hat.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

zoux posted:

Choice pics:

Are those knit brass knuckles?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Is he crying? You just look a little silly dude, it's okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009

Mad Hamish posted:

Are those knit brass knuckles?

No. The Etsy girlfriend is yarnbombing him, and soon he will be consumed.

• Locked thread