Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigShroom
May 30, 2002

vtlock posted:

I'm going to buy a touchscreen double din receiver, and my primary use will be via a connected iPhone. Anyone have advice on which brand/unit works best? Thus far I've looked at Pioneer and Kenwood, but I'm open to other suggestions.

I like my Kenwood ddx719. Bought it to use with the 4S iphone. Think it has been replaced by the ddx770 now but it looks pretty much the same just cheaper? Have had it for about a year and only two real complaints. One wasn't really the unit but their recommended lovely garmin nav app that cost a ton of money and I replaced with the free app waze. Other one is with call quality through the stereo, people I call can hear their own voice sometimes - could be an install issue.

I am still looking for more apps that work with it besides waze, watchespn and youtube (through the browser not app for some odd reason). App support and aesthetics would probably be my main concerns comparing those brands. Haven't had experience with newer Pioneers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011

johnny sack posted:

Okay so I have the 4 6x9" speakers put into the car now. I am utterly disappointed. The factory system doesn't have nearly enough power for aftermarket speakers and I'm experiencing that now.

Additionally, I was unaware that the front speakers (door 6x9's and 3.5" dash speakers) were setup as component speakers. I was totally bummed after I had put in the first door speaker and discovered this. First of all, I would have bought cheaper 6x9's, looking for those that put out more bass than anything. More importantly, now I have to replace the dash speakers because the 3-way 6x9's I bought are not doing their job.

Here's the goal:

On the least amount of money spent, I want to make the sound system adequate. I consider the factory 7-speaker setup to be inadequate. As I have it now, it's better, but still inadequate. I very much doubt that simply replacing the 3.5" dash speakers will be sufficient.

So, what should I buy to add more power to the speakers, also to the sub (which I will most likely have to replace)? I would like to spend as little money as possible, I would by far prefer to keep the factory head unit. I also don't want more than 1 amp (whether that means I'll need a 5-channel amp or some sort of DSP with a built in amp). I don't know. It sounds bad now and I want it to sound a lot better, hopefully for not more than $200 or so.

edit: I think I am going to buy a line converter and just add a sub to the trunk + replace the dash speakers. That will accomplish most of what I want.
I guess if that's all going to happen anyway, start there. But it does sound like you want a 5-channel amplifier, or maybe two stackable/low-profile amps like the Alpine PDX-series. Neither of these options are very cheap, but I would like to think that you can keep this stuff for your next vehicle, at least!

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

I want to replace the stock (base) stereo in my 370Z. The sound quality is just terrible, some frequency ranges are ear piercing while others(most of the midrange) are nearly inaudible. I'm not looking for a lot of bass, and I don't listen at a very high volume(though I might crank it a little higher if it didn't sound like poo poo), I'm just sick of the poor sound quality.

So my plan is to replace the stock speakers, just woofer and tweeter with a nice component set, and a new headunit. I think I want to go with these speakers Polk MM6501

For the headunit I basically only listen to FM or Pandora, so integrated pandora control via Android is really the only thing I'm looking for. I did a little searching and found this head that is really cheap and seems to have decent reviews:
JVC KDX250BT It doesn't do discs, which is presumably at least one of the reasons its cheap, but I've never put a disc in my stock radio since I've owned it anyways.

The headunit is rated for 20W RMS x4 but only down to 4 Ohms. The speakers are rated 2.7 Ohm impedance and 125W RMS. I'm reluctant to add an amp for cost/weight/install complexity reasons, but I guess an amp is pretty much required in this case?

The speakers have a passive crossover so its only going to be a 2ch. setup. From what I understand headunits aren't really every designed to be bridged, so that's out of the question too, right? Is it possible some other better headunit would drive these speakers well without an external amp? It seems from some cursory searches that ~20W/ch is pretty much standard on headunits, do they make higher powered ones ever or are you pretty much expected to get an external amp at that point?

If I get an amp I'd prefer a class D for efficiency, and I was looking at maybe this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005KVEPVO
Its still 4ch which I don't even need(unless I drop the passive crossover? would there be any benefit?), but I didn't see any 2ch amps that seemed very good bang/buck. The selection is a lot less than 4ch ones.

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If you drop the crossover you'll need to add some kind of active crossover, which can be very beneficial but is definitely not going to be the cheap way to go. I don't think you need to spend that much on an amp either. I have this guy hooked up to two front speakers and bridged for the sub and it's been great: http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosgate-R300-4-Multi-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B001P85IV2 They make a two channel one that's probably fine as well. If it were me I'd get the four channel so I'd have the option of adding a sub later. It can make a big difference in car audio even if you aren't a bass freak.

You could also choose different speakers. Most stuff is going to have higher impedance than that.

Edit: Clarion and I think Alpine also make tiny four channel amps that you can hide in the dash: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_71986_Clarion-XC1410.html

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I am looking to replace the speakers in my 2003 Subaru Legacy L SEP wagon. I have an aftermarket sony head unit and I installed factory tweeters and a factory sub that has its own amp and T's into the factory wiring harness.

I was thinking and under seat amp and front speakers/tweeters. I don't really want to put a sub in the back unless I junkyard an OEM rear sub that came on some models. Goons how should I spend my money. Between 100-500. I want a good middle of the road setup and I listen to lovely top 40 and rock.

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004
It's about time I replace the stock audio system in my car so naturally I started by purchasing the enclosure first, then plan the rest around what subwoofer fits in it (11" mounting hole dia., max 8.125" depth, max 6.5" magnet diameter, and 1.15 ~ 1.2 cu.ft. air space) It's been 10 or more years since I've put together my last audio system, so I'm a bit apprehensive to buy the rest without having the internet look it over.

The Alpine SWR-12D4 is a known perfect fit, so I started with that. I was looking at powering it with a Kicker ZX700.5 5-channel A/B/D amp for efficiency (don't want to upgrade my charging system), and to give a little more "oomph" to the mids/highs than the 40- and 50-watt-per-channel systems I've assembled in the past. It also looks to be very well-reviewed and stable when run at 2Ω. One thing I'm wondering is if the 420w subwoofer channel will be adequate to drive the sub effectively. When the specifications state that the sub is "300 - 600w RMS", does that mean that the sweet spot is anywhere over 300 to a maximum of 600 watts? Also as Kicker indicates, the actual wattage is likely to exceed rated, but I've never owned one of their amps and don't know how reliable that is.

I'm also unsure what 6.5" component speakers I'd like to put up front, but was eyeballing the Infinity Kappa 60.11cs. I've had good experiences with Kappa components in the past, plus they just happen to fit the mounting holes for the stock 6.75" speakers perfectly without baffles.

For the rears, I was just going to match whatever the 2-way version of the above speakers were. Impressions?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Do receivers with internal memory exist or is my best (and only) option to find one with a USB port and get a dedicated thumbdrive for music?

Also, if I wanted to retain the steering wheel audio controls would that come down to a model by model basis or is there some other way to link that functionality to an aftermarket unit?

Shoren fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 21, 2013

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Shoren posted:

Do receivers with internal memory exist or is my best (and only) option to find one with a USB port and get a dedicated thumbdrive for music?

Lots of headunits have SD card slots these days, so you don't have to have a thumbdrive hanging off of it all the time.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
You can also get head units with no disc slot, and many of these use the space to provide a cubby hole behind the flip-down faceplate where you can put a USB stick, phone, whatever, plugged into an internal USB port. Bonus is they seem to be pretty cheap too. There are units with internal storage built in instead, but I think the other kind are better value and more versatile.

Yes, retaining your steering wheel controls is normally possible. You buy an aftermarket unit that plugs into the steering wheel wiring that would normally go to the factory head unit, and an adaptor to plug that into your particular brand of aftermarket head unit. The former is car-specific, the latter is head unit-specific.

Alternatively, if your factory head unit is ok except for not accepting MP3s in some way, get an aftermarket adaptor to plug a phone etc into it as if it were an external CD changer.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

KozmoNaut posted:

Lots of headunits have SD card slots these days, so you don't have to have a thumbdrive hanging off of it all the time.

Not to mention that even if you DO get stuck with a USB fob, you can get them with a very small form factor that will hang out just a smidge, and look like a pointless knob (much like the owner).

v- "Operation button: VOL-: short press for perv". Sure it is DX, but I laffo'd.

Viggen fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 21, 2013

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

InitialDave posted:

Alternatively, if your factory head unit is ok except for not accepting MP3s in some way, get an aftermarket adaptor to plug a phone etc into it as if it were an external CD changer.

That's exactly what I did, just an aux-in adapter box for the CD-changer input on the stock radio.

I've bought one of these cheap 12v microSD+USB MP3 players that I plan on hardwiring to the aux input. It takes 12v power, and it has a line-level output and no unnecessary FM-transmitter or anything. Only downside is that it can't do random playback, but I'll live.

jhcain
Nov 8, 2005

EXCEEDING THE LIMIT? I'LL RUN YOUR ASS OFF THE ROAD 'CUZ I'M A PASSIVE-AGRESSIVE SPHINCTER-SUCKER. I FEEL INADEQUATE AS A MAN.
OK, I'm doing some research and making some purchases. Whee!

It's been a lot of years since I've bought aftermarket car audio gear, so some guidance would be appreciated. I'm starting from essentially zero, but I need to end up with nearly zero - I'm installing in my 1966 Charger, so I don't want to actually SEE anything.

I'm going to leave the factory AM radio in the dash, and again, I want the new gear to be essentially invisible, except when in use.

Priorities -
1) minimal visible anything
2) The ability to plug in a USB drive for mass storage
3) GPS would be handy, for road trips
4) It needs to end up sounding pretty good, or I'll never use it, and it'll need to be moderately loud to even be heard on the highway.

An actual "radio" isn't that critical, honestly. Here in town I can just stream, if I want to hear mindless banter.

I've boiled it down to 2 basic ideas -

1) The glovebox would hold a double DIN head unit. Something like the Pioneer Appradio, or the Kenwood DNN90HD, perhaps
2) Use the Parrot Asteroid tablet on a mount from under the dash that I can remove/swing out of sight. This I like because I could get it close to the actual driving position, but the Asteroid lacks a physical volume control as a "master," and that's a little disconcerting.

I've used other Parrot systems as the basis for a hidden setup in other classics, and they do work, if a little fiddly about noise suppression.

From there, it's speakers and amplifiers. Blech. So much crappy looking stuff out there. My plan is to put 2 speakers either in the kick panels (I have a spare pair), or in some kind of mount/enclosure under each side of the dash, then make up a small stereo pair to fit in the factory dash top location to bring the soundstage up a little - I've done this on other cars, and it works pretty well.

The back of the car is.. giant, but again, it's avoiding the visible - I'm struggling there.

So, specifically, any recommendations on 3" or so speakers that don't suck, something in the 6" range that would be good, brilliant ideas on what to do in the rear of the car, and thoughts on my headunit/source options?

The front:

The rear:

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Do you use that rear area behind the seats for storage or anything? Or is the car always immaculately clean like in the pics? If it's empty I'd build a thin custom enclosure that lifts the back wall forward a little, recess mount the speakers, and carpet the box (matching green if you can find it), and where the speakers are just have acoustic cloth hiding the speakers, kind of like home speakers. So it'll look like a speaker box, but not blingy or anything. If it were me I'd put a sub in it too, and make the box removable for car shows.

The kick panel idea is great for the front.

My plan for my vintage car is to not have a head unit at all, and just run an MP3 player straight to the amplifier, but I've heard that the standard headphone output is too weak so I might have to get a line driver or headphone amp for it. But there will basically be nothing visible in the car except kick panels with cloth speaker covers, the rear shelf with black cloth on it, and a box in the trunk behind the back seat with the amp and everything. The wires for the MP3 player will be between the seats so I can tuck them down when I park or put them in a center console if I build one into the car.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
If I have a newer car, lets say really new 2013/2014. Generally since this question applies to my next car, how will steering wheel controls work if I swap out the head unit for an aftermarket one? Stuff like source select, volume, and transport? Will I be forsaking those controls?

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
On my 2013 subaru I just had to install and program a little box that translates steering wheel controls to the head unit. Metra axxess swc unit I think. Works great. Might depend on the vehicle though so you'll have to do some googling.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Shaocaholica posted:

If I have a newer car, lets say really new 2013/2014. Generally since this question applies to my next car, how will steering wheel controls work if I swap out the head unit for an aftermarket one? Stuff like source select, volume, and transport? Will I be forsaking those controls?
You should be able to get an adaptor kit for most cars, but if it's a very new model, there may not be anyone making one yet. Your question can only be answered if an exact year and model is stated.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

jhcain posted:

I'm going to leave the factory AM radio in the dash, and again, I want the new gear to be essentially invisible, except when in use.

Priorities -
1) minimal visible anything
2) The ability to plug in a USB drive for mass storage
3) GPS would be handy, for road trips
4) It needs to end up sounding pretty good, or I'll never use it, and it'll need to be moderately loud to even be heard on the highway.

What's your budget like and do you have a smartphone? Adding onto what LlyodDobler suggested this is what I'm planning for my Austin Mini: A Sony single din (bluetooth, USB, aux in) hidden somewhere with USB and aux extension cables run up front. My smartphone will run the Sony smart app and let me control the deck source/volume/eq remotely and add googlemaps to the app dashboard for navigation. I'll take the phone with me so nothing will be visible, I can listen to my public radio and not have to use the amp gain as volume control. I'm using speaker clothe to hide my speakers completely in new enclosures as well.

jhcain
Nov 8, 2005

EXCEEDING THE LIMIT? I'LL RUN YOUR ASS OFF THE ROAD 'CUZ I'M A PASSIVE-AGRESSIVE SPHINCTER-SUCKER. I FEEL INADEQUATE AS A MAN.

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

What's your budget like and do you have a smartphone?

Smartphone is iPhone, so yes. Budget is probably not an issue on this part of the overall project.

Will this single DIN sony jobber allow me to plug in a USB drive for mass storage? I don't really keep much in the way of music on my iPhone (I hate syncing iDevices)

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Is modding an Eonon UI feasible? I know they're not stellar products or anything, but for a few bucks it might be okay to have in-dash NAV and bluetooth audio and some other dumb bells and whistles. The D5115Z looks nice and stock-ish in a Mazda 3, but the built in UI makes me want to claw my eyes out.

Yes, I fully realize I can continue to use my iPhone so I'm not really debating whether or not it's a good investment of $300 :ohdear:

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

jhcain posted:

Smartphone is iPhone, so yes. Budget is probably not an issue on this part of the overall project.

Will this single DIN sony jobber allow me to plug in a USB drive for mass storage? I don't really keep much in the way of music on my iPhone (I hate syncing iDevices)

Yes, here's a handy video. I'd recommend playing around with a demo somewhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaRtDMauLQM

jhcain
Nov 8, 2005

Excellent. I shall endeavor to find one to monkey around with...

Now, what's "good" for speakers these days? Last things I bought were JL Audio component sets - still worth having? Anything else out there to look for (or stay away from?)

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

I'm wondering if I've made a horrible mistake.

Went in to BestBuy to get a Kenwood head that has DVD and can play iPhone video and use the iPhones navigation only to find out that Kenwoods font support the iPhone 5 at all.

Ended up walking out with a Pioneer App Radio 3, the SPH-DA210 and while I was sitting here reviewing the documentation online, it seems a lot of the reviews are almost uniformly negative.

Are these really THAT bad?

Also, dumb question that I didn't see addressed. I know I'm not SUPPOSED to bypass the e-brake lock, but I'm almost 40, I've got no damned interest in watching TV while I drive, but am I seriously going to get a ticket for playing Spongebob so my nephew in the back can watch it?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

iostream.h posted:

Also, dumb question that I didn't see addressed. I know I'm not SUPPOSED to bypass the e-brake lock, but I'm almost 40, I've got no damned interest in watching TV while I drive, but am I seriously going to get a ticket for playing Spongebob so my nephew in the back can watch it?

That depends on how you drive, what you drive, how you dress, and (in most areas) primarily what color you skin is. Sorry, but that's the drat truth.

Pick up a first gen iPad or old android tablet if that's all you want in-car video for. They're bigger and do more than just video.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Motronic posted:

That depends on how you drive, what you drive, how you dress, and (in most areas) primarily what color you skin is. Sorry, but that's the drat truth.

Pick up a first gen iPad or old android tablet if that's all you want in-car video for. They're bigger and do more than just video.
Huh, that's kind of reassuring on a personal level, but appalling on so many more.

I DO actually have an iPad, and you're right, they're great. I want more out of my stereo, I want Sirius/XM and the nav and all, plus, I travel a LOT and rarely sleep in a hotel room when in transit, I dig the idea of my little media center in the dash.

I get that an iPad or whatever is a great video unit, I guess I'm just asking if this really IS a decent unit or not. The last time I was really into car stereo was when having a CD player in your CAR was a Big Deal, ever since then I'll just go to a random storefront and have something that plays MP3s or BT installed.

I'm kind of excited to upgrade the stock system, I just don't want to get excited over a piece of trash I guess.

Edit: No loving satellite radio compatibility on this thing?? Holy hell.

iostream.h fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 26, 2013

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
I am gearing up for a monster VW camper build and need some in car entertainment help.

What I have.

I have a Fiat Ulysse which i am scrapping. It has the Peugeot RT3 satnav system built in and i wondered about removing it and installing it as the center piece of the VW's system. It has a color screen, built in phone, cd and satnav and i have a cd changer for it. I also have an alpine ida-x300 in my current beater. This is more media center based and has an iphone input cable with it.

What I want.

I want a built in satnav, i have an iphone but hate using it for nav as i have yet to see a sleek docking system in landscape mode so directions are through the vans system. I want a phone or a link to my iphone 5 for calls in and out. I want tunes from mp3 via hdd or usb. I want to play DVD's and mkv's from usb. Oh and i want it to sound awesome as i am spending lots to sound proof the van and some nice speakers are a must. A secondary big (15" ish) for watching movies in the back when parked up.

What I think I need to do... Well firstly rip the RT3 out of the donor, mount in van with cd changer in sensible place. Wire this as an aux into the alpine and then add some dvd player to be an input to the alpine too. Is this sane? Should i sell the RT3 and get something else. Is the alpine any good?

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I have a 2012 Impala with the stock CD/MP3 radio, I would love to have GPS and a backup camera. The dash cutout looks like it is probably double din and crutchfield lists no GPS receivers as fitting for my car. I think my best option would be to go with a GM nav radio for the clean look and compatibility with the steering wheel controls however I am not even sure where to find a real GM radio. I have see a few radios pulled from older suburbans on ebay, and a couple "oem look" radios, but I am skeptical about the "oem look" radios. Are they real GM parts or chinese knock offs? Is there a reliable place to buy a GM radio for this car, or should I call the dealer and be prepared for however many thousands of dollars they want? Also, does the 2012 GM nav radio still require a special DVD for the GPS to function? If so, I think I will stick to a Garmin or try to cram in an aftermarket stereo.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I honestly can't answer most of that - but I know you can swap a higher end navigation-style stereo in from a different model on most GMs. You'll need access to a Tech 2 tool though; the stereo has to be paired with the rest of the car. SOME, but not all (probably not even most) dealers will help you with this.

That said, there's adapters to make your factory steering wheel controls work with common brands of aftermarket stereos.

As for finding the OEM navigation - maybe check ebay for 2012 Escalade navigation stereos? Still have to get it flashed to your car, of course.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm a bit lost, I have an 05 MkV VW Golf GTi, stock standard. I want aux in, and I've read about Denison gateway devices and what not for a long time. My car appears to have no external antenna at all and the FM radio seems to be degrading in reception over time. What is the bare minimum I need to do to plug any device with a 3.5mm headphone jack into my car? I have the RCD-300 and I don't need/want CD's at all.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Im getting pops in my stereo speakers at all volumes, and from what it sounds like only from my ipod input. Radio is too compressed/horribly noisy and poo poo to tell if its the head unit/amp or not.

so I am asking is pops in the audio a fault of the input or the amplifier/processing performed by the amp/head unit?

EDIT: it was my lovely 3rd-party refurbished ipod touch. Another iPod works fine.

Laserface fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 12, 2013

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
I have a Sony XPLOD CDX-GT200 that is stuck in demo mode. I have tried resetting the stereo. Turning the head unit off than holding the volume button to try to bring up the menu with. Tried that with the stereo on but it just loops through the demo mode. Any ideas? I do not have the remote for the stereo either.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Found the manual in PDF format - page 9 shows how to turn off demo mode. Note that the stereo has to be powered off at the time, but with the ignition turned on.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Dec 15, 2013

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Ditched the App Radio 3, snagged the 8500BHS, much happier. Easier to use and does a ton more, INCLUDING the app horseshit.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
I'm getting my wife a new deck for her car that has bluetooth and ipod connectivity. She wants a mute button, but I can't seem to find any Pioneer or Kenwood with one. So my question is, with the built-in bluetooth, when she receives a call, does the radio automatically mute the music?

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My JVC does and I'd assume pretty much all of them do that. Also, it has a mute button.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

two_beer_bishes posted:

I'm getting my wife a new deck for her car that has bluetooth and ipod connectivity. She wants a mute button, but I can't seem to find any Pioneer or Kenwood with one. So my question is, with the built-in bluetooth, when she receives a call, does the radio automatically mute the music?
I've had several and they've all automatically muted the music when a call comes in or when making a call.

The Pioneer 8500BHS that I just exchanged my App Radio for has a separate mute button incidentally.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
Thanks guys

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

some texas redneck posted:

Found the manual in PDF format - page 9 shows how to turn off demo mode. Note that the stereo has to be powered off at the time, but with the ignition turned on.

Thank you for that, worked perfectly.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I have a 93 Ford Explorer and the audio is crap. Both right side speakers are blown and sound like eggs being fried at anything over half volume; the header is 90's Ford stock.

I don't have a ton of money but I'm looking to swap out the speakers first, then the header.

Are there decent pairs of $50 6x8's or am I looking to have to spend more money? I'm not trying to bring the club in but I do listen to enough rock to need a little more oomph than stock.

Additionally, are there any headers that offer bluetooth that won't look out of place in the beigest of 90's truck interiors? The only thing that isn't completely repulsive is Blaupunkt, but even that is too glossy for me.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I've got four of these in my Ranger. I think they have a newer version than those that can be had for about the same money. I'm drat happy with them for the money I paid not-quite-three years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

IOwnCalculus posted:

I've got four of these in my Ranger. I think they have a newer version than those that can be had for about the same money. I'm drat happy with them for the money I paid not-quite-three years ago.

Very nice, I was looking at those at Best Buy, but they didn't have a demo unit of them, and they only had one pair left.

Is Rockford Fosgate good or no? Is there a real noticeable difference in the lineups? I found a set that are well-reviewed, but I'm not sure.

There are so many choices out there, I'm trying to avoid no namers but stay under budget so I can get a decent header.