Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

D C posted:

Suzuki Aerio I think

drat, beat me to it. I knew it was a Suzuki something or other but my first guess was Swift or SX4, took me a second to find the Aerio.

http://www.motorstown.com/imgs/5948-suzuki-aerio-awd-7.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

jamal posted:

Good lord.

Sent this to Ryan Gates as inspiration for his next model.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

D C posted:

Suzuki Aerio I think

Yup. Had a brand new one as a rental, and it was easily the shittiest car I've ever driven.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Found elsewhere...

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
I...was born in darkness...

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
that's so Max Mad I can't hate it

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Ror posted:

Those terrible parkers remind me of a guy from reddit who posted pictures of his office's lot that has no lines. It's a wonderful look at order versus chaos.

http://myofficeparkinglot.tumblr.com/

This reminds me of my high school's lot in the snow. Rows of cars would start off normal but converge to a single mass by the back of the lot, often leaving 10+ people parked in.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Ygolonac posted:

Found elsewhere...

Hey, credit where credit's due: at least he had the foresight to get a matching size spare for his giant fuckoff custom rimmzzzzz (that will never see a speck of dirt or mud, but I digress.) We had a Wrangler in the shop the other day with wheels almost that size, still rocking the factory spare on the rear door.

It was 4wd. :ughh:

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

DropShadow posted:

Sent this to Ryan Gates as inspiration for his next model.

Gates311hellaflushRS

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Godholio posted:

Yup. Had a brand new one as a rental, and it was easily the shittiest car I've ever driven.

When it came out I was pretty surprised at the crash rating of it, except now that they have side tests it did poorly in that.
http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/suzuki/aerio/2002

I guess it was actually Suzuki built and not Daewoo like some of the models were (thanks to GM?). The SX4 was a decent car though, and I finally saw a Kizashi the other day. It actually looked really nice, and was smaller than I thought it to be (which is good). Ah well.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Ygolonac posted:

Found elsewhere...

I'll give him this, that weird claw and chains would be way cooler to stare at on the highway rather than a boring old tailgate.

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!
I don't know what it is about white, late-90s Chevy Luminas, but I think they've been eternally cursed to have the worst factory paintjobs possible.
It never seems to effect the same year white silverados and vans, it's always Luminas.

Random piece of what was probably petty vandalism in the next lot over:

Bonus:
Found a tan Lumina on ebay that had the hood replaced with a white one after an accident. Lo and behold, it's peeling:

Ulfhednar fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Nov 22, 2013

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC

jamal posted:

Good lord.

Nice XXR wheels, dummy.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Ulfhednar posted:

Random piece of what was probably petty vandalism in the next lot over:

That parking job is pretty bad, but I'm not sure it's bad enough to be called vandalism.

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012

Ulfhednar posted:

I don't know what it is about white, late-90s Chevy Luminas, but I think they've been eternally cursed to have the worst factory paintjobs possible.
It never seems to effect the same year white silverados and vans, it's always Luminas.
it's pretty tough competition with the Dodge Neon, periwinkle/light blue -- I don't think I've ever seen one in that color that wasn't missing multiple chunks of paint:

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Ulfhednar posted:

Oh yeah, that is definitely a Thing, but it's not Lumina-specific. I've seen it on early 1990s AstroVans. The surface left behind after the paint peels is very smooth and generally doesn't rust (then again, I am in California). I think it's some kind of galvanization which leaves a surface so slick the paint eventually peels off.

I actually own a white 1998 Lumina, which I need to get around to selling one of these days. The paint's not peeling at all, but when you look close you can find chips in from the usual random road gravel kicked up by other cars over the years, and the exposed metal surface is that same slick gray. Maybe they eventually figured out how to make their white paint stick to it better.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Dad had a early 90's GMC pickup with white paint. Exact same problem. I think the body shop told him it was a primer issue for a few years?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

amenenema posted:

Dad had a early 90's GMC pickup with white paint. Exact same problem. I think the body shop told him it was a primer issue for a few years?

IIRC, they were experimenting with a primer and paint in one and didn't get the mixture right. Lots of cars from the early 90s had these issues.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Lots of paintjobs in the 90s were awful, something about VOC requirements. Every manufacturer it seems hosed it up in some unique way. Late 90s Hondas with green and black paints invariably have massive clearcoat peeling for example.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.
New Chevy vans still have this problem. The 2007 work van I had started peeling after about 18 months. When it was retired at 200k miles, the paint was almost completely gone from the hood.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005

Ulfhednar posted:

I had a white 93 LeSabre do the same thing. Sitting having some coffee than notice white poo poo blowing around in the yard. Go out to investigate and was pissed that my hood was now grey, 1/3rd of the paint just lifted off. Also happened to my dads 84 Firebird. GM had lots of bad primer years.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Ygolonac posted:

Found elsewhere...

The incredibly lovely brotruck rims and tires (Nitto Mud Grapplers... ugh) and the chains are pretty retarded, but the rest... eh. Looks like it'd get the job done.

There's one good thing I can say about Mud Grapplers and it's that there is so much lug coverage that you can pretty much carve whatever tread pattern you actually wanted out of them if you have enough blades for your tire groover. That goes for Interco TSL Thornturds (err, thornbirds) too. They're really only good for making your compensationmobile look mean at brotruck events, they suck if you want to drive on pavement, wet pavement, snow, mud, or rocks. So basically they just suck.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

triple clutcher posted:

it's pretty tough competition with the Dodge Neon, periwinkle/light blue -- I don't think I've ever seen one in that color that wasn't missing multiple chunks of paint:

There used to be a white neon around here that had the same issue, happened in odd, weird spots all over the body, so the owner had fun with it and colored in the spots in black and put cow horns on the hood.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Ulfhednar posted:

Looks like most of my Matchbox/Hot Wheels cars by the time I was old enough to stop playing with them.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Godholio posted:

Looks like most of my Matchbox/Hot Wheels cars by the time I was old enough to stop playing with them.

Wait, STOP playing with them???

0rganDonor
Jan 19, 2007
I'm here for the lynch mob.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Uthor posted:

Wait, STOP playing with them???

Ok, share with my kid. You caught me.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Godholio posted:

Ok, share with my kid. You caught me.

I gave my kid my model tanks to play with....they didn't last long :smith:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
My dad still has his Dinky toys. They're in his study cabinet with his whisky and N-gauge layout, so you can reminisce about how technically you nicked them off your brother while watching the train looping round and knocking back single malt.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Ah yes, the pinnacle of class and sophistication: the Daewoo Leganza.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Holy hell I want to know what this idiot was smoking.
http://www.nc4x4.com/forum/index.php?threads/finally-my-xj-to-keep-for-good-innovative.145236/

At least he only turned a cherokee into a worthless pile of scrap, it isn't like there aren't more of those around.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
It looks like he took inspiration from the cars in the Super Mario Bros movie.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

kastein posted:

http://www.nc4x4.com/forum/index.php?threads/finally-my-xj-to-keep-for-good-innovative.145236/

At least he only turned a cherokee into a worthless pile of scrap, it isn't like there aren't more of those around.

None of that clown's pictures are working for me and that makes me sad. Any screenshots?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

kastein posted:

I was about to give up on that thread, then saw where he started going ballistic...then he posted the pic with the control arms. :stare:

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

:stonk:

In response to being told he's a moron by an entire forum.

Moron posted:

ok, I guess i'll close the stupid thread. You guys are loving LOOSERS!! always wanting to bash people with their stuff. its my jeep, my build, i'm happy with it, like the looks and gently caress OFF if you don't.

Moron posted:

some real jeepsters you call yourselves. I would be embarrassed to be seen at the flats or anywhere with yall. don't give a dam of your age or what not, this is childish the way you act on here. props the real guys who commented with love, go to hell to the rest of ya.

This guy is amazing.

-Zydeco- fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Nov 23, 2013

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
That man clearly has a different way of going about suicide.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

-Zydeco- posted:

:stonk:

In response to being told he's a moron by an entire forum.

This guy is amazing.

He sure is! :laffo:

quote:

so anyways folks, lets i'm gonna get back to what this thread was made for weather you agree, like or dislike, approve or disprove it or not. here's my bumper, exhaust and front suspension since someone asked about my bumper. and can anyone tell if my front pinion angle is off cause I still can't fix my stupid death wobble at 42mph. gracias. aside all everyone's crap, i'm going to continue this thread for those who do have interest in others people's builds and for those who don't like my work, please do us all a favor and keep your "opinions" to yourself. thank you

I've seen my share of ignorant poo poo before, but this is just :psypop:

Root Bear fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Nov 23, 2013

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Dr.Smasher posted:

That man clearly has a different way of going about suicide.

I was thinking "Yeah, okay, obviously overextended shock and a hilariously undersized bump stop for the springs, looks like your average redneck hack-job". Then I saw the loving LCAs. Hooly poo poo, even 15 years ago my retarded 16-year old self would think "Boy, that is a lovely idea". :gonk:

Control alrms are all-in-all not terribly expensive. What the gently caress makes you cheap out so hard on them when buying the rest of the suspension?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

CharlesM posted:

When it came out I was pretty surprised at the crash rating of it, except now that they have side tests it did poorly in that.
http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/suzuki/aerio/2002

I guess it was actually Suzuki built and not Daewoo like some of the models were (thanks to GM?). The SX4 was a decent car though, and I finally saw a Kizashi the other day. It actually looked really nice, and was smaller than I thought it to be (which is good). Ah well.

When I was shopping for new cars last, the SX4 had just come out. The local Suzuki dealership let me speak to their service manager who showed me his statistics for how often each model is in the shop and then showed me that most of the part numbers carried over between the SX4 and Aerio cars. It's (according to him) basically an Aerio with some upgrades and was pretty reliable for the first model year. Dude certainly didn't whitewash the results though - he really hated the Grand Vitara.

I saw Kizashis in the dealership when they were new, and I see maybe one a year on the interprovincial highway since then. They were unpopular here because they only released certain limited trims to Canada, and for the second model year, terminated all trims except for the most expensive AWD one, no FWD or I4.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Nov 23, 2013