Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Perigryn posted:

Alvarez commented that he would love to interview him just to ask: "What was your end game there?"

Double birthday cakes obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is Zeke the guy that the crowd kept counting his bodyslams because that was like the only move he could do?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

IcePhoenix posted:

Is Zeke the guy that the crowd kept counting his bodyslams because that was like the only move he could do?
Yep.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9cmMW0sT0k

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Owen Steen is the best wrestlekid. Between that and calling Big Show "The Big Match", and HHH "888", he's provided me with more laughs this year than WWE creative has.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Owen Steen is the best wrestlekid. Between that and calling Big Show "The Big Match", and HHH "888", he's provided me with more laughs this year than WWE creative has.

His dad is pretty great

From Kevin Steens twitter a while ago

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

His dad is pretty great

From Kevin Steens twitter a while ago

That's a commitment to working heel right there, look at the smugness.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

IcePhoenix posted:

He did a multiple-bodyslam spot in a match that got a genuinely big pop. Of course then they had him do it in EVERY match after that, and the crowd got bored with it. Then he jobbed clean to everyone, got injured, and disappeared.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

WWE seems to like doing that. "Hey, you liked this thing? Well, then we'll drive it so far into the ground it'll unearth in China. See how you like it then."

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Minidust posted:

He did a multiple-bodyslam spot in a match that got a genuinely big pop. Of course then they had him do it in EVERY match after that, and the crowd got bored with it. Then he jobbed clean to everyone, got injured, and disappeared.
Bryan Alavarez's idea to get him over involved him adding one more bodyslam to each successive match until he gets to the same number as whatever year's Wrestlemania was.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

You have a bodyslam match at Wm 30 to commemorate the one held at WM 1. Its like bookends.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I remember a match on Raw a few years back, WGTT vs Super Crazy and Jim Duggan. All that happened was WGTT tagging each other in a half dozen times to take turns scoop slamming Super Crazy, till he rolled one up and won. It was the most bizarre match I've ever seen. Obviously not in a wacky sense, but in a "what was the thought process behind any of that" sense.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

oldpainless posted:

You have a bodyslam match at Wm 30 to commemorate the one held at WM 1. Its like bookends.
They're like poetry. They rhyme.

All seriousness: I would watch two bigass motherfuckers hoss it up trying to slam one-another.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jonny Angel posted:

I remember a match on Raw a few years back, WGTT vs Super Crazy and Jim Duggan. All that happened was WGTT tagging each other in a half dozen times to take turns scoop slamming Super Crazy, till he rolled one up and won. It was the most bizarre match I've ever seen. Obviously not in a wacky sense, but in a "what was the thought process behind any of that" sense.

This sounds HILARIOUS.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

WWE seems to like doing that. "Hey, you liked this thing? Well, then we'll drive it so far into the ground it'll unearth in China. See how you like it then."
That explains X-Pac.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
From Steen's twitter:

First, him being a bit of a mark in the best way

Then him paying Johnny Gargano a very nice compliment

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Then him paying Johnny Gargano a very nice compliment

Sooo, I guess that means Steen will now spend the entire next year piledriving Gargano onto chairs and ladders?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Memento posted:

Yeah, someone used the example the other day of Deacon Batista - a good instance of an "enforcer" type getting exposure and going places.

Deacon Batista staying with Reverend D-Von would have been like putting Steve Austin in as the guy who carried Irwin R. Schyster's briefcase.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Literally the only thing I remember about Deacon Batista is him throwing D-Von through a doorway and yelling "THERE'S YOUR drat RESPECT" or somesuch, and then a while later, he popped up on RAW as Dave Batista.

It is interesting to think how different WWE would be had Evolution stuck with Jindrak in Batista's spot, though.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Hearing HHH and Orton tell it, even Vince realized immediately that Jindrak wasn't a good fit. So really "Jindrak sticking with Evolution" isn't just some either/or situation where he would've had Batista's spot, it's a "No really, this doesn't fit" thing. If not for Batista they'd have probably just stuck with the Flair/HHH/Orton format they had when Batista was injured.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

Hearing HHH and Orton tell it, even Vince realized immediately that Jindrak wasn't a good fit. So really "Jindrak sticking with Evolution" isn't just some either/or situation where he would've had Batista's spot, it's a "No really, this doesn't fit" thing. If not for Batista they'd have probably just stuck with the Flair/HHH/Orton format they had when Batista was injured.

I don't doubt that, but apparently they went as far as taking pictures and filming a tron with Jindrak as a member, so it did nearly happen.

Let's also remember that WWE are as fond of revisionist history as any organization.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Red posted:

Deacon Batista staying with Reverend D-Von would have been like putting Steve Austin in as the guy who carried Irwin R. Schyster's briefcase.

Oh yeah, I should have been more specific - he only went places after being placed with Evolution in the enforcer role. His initial run as second (third, fourth) fiddle to the rest of them and then the turn on them after his Rumble win were very well handled.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He was pretty much made after that time Austin attacked Evolution, ran through Flair, Orton and Triple H, then got to Dave who just stared him down, smirked and wouldn't budge.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This sounds HILARIOUS.

I know, I had nearly forgotten it before I made that post but now I'm just so sad that I'll probably never see it again.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Joe Theismann posted:

Monday Night Raw needs more wrestling & less gum flapping

He's not wrong.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Here's a nice story from El Generico in memory of Bison Smith. Enjoy. http://www.twitlonger.com/show/eb34t9

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Oh that Jim Cornette

Jim Cornette posted:

I am mad as hell about the death of Brian Griffin! We must all tell @SethMacFarlane to FIX THIS! #jumpedtheshark #screwedthepooch

Jim Cornette posted:

To protest the death of Brian Griffin I am on twitter until 11AM EST to drum up support to right this wrong! Light your torches! #brianback

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cornette staunchly defending something that ran its course years ago. News at 11.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

Cornette staunchly defending something that ran its course years ago. News at 11.

I am just laughing at the idea of him watching Family Guy and getting pissed enough that he starts to destroy things.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Why can't he just talk about how cool the Midnight Express were

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Seth Macfarlane should counter-protest Jim's treatment of Steen, Corino, Generico and Cabana.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He probably watches because he thinks Opie is Robert Gibson.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Or he's being jokey.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Arbite posted:

Or he's being jokey.

Cornette seems to have no sense of humour regarding non-wrestling things, so this seems doubtful. Hell, there's wrestling things he takes too seriously, too.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
He's probably "being jokey" but it's still funny that he watched Family Guy.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Well, now we know the next botchamania will have Brian's death cut to Cornette face.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jake Roberts posted:

It's a finisher? @roblatulippe if u could pick 1 wrestler to officially give the DDT to use as their finisher, who would it be?
Oh Jake :allears:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Arbite posted:

Or he's being jokey.

If his YouShoot is to be believed, he's a legit huge fan of Family Guy.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Cornette and the dog from Family Guy had similar personalities and beliefs. So it is no surprise it hit him so hard.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

KungFu Grip posted:

Cornette and the dog from Family Guy had similar personalities and beliefs. So it is no surprise it hit him so hard.

Cornette's into bestiality?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gavok posted:

Cornette's into bestiality?

Brian was into humans. Never stopped being creepy, for what it's worth.