Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
Fooling around with a collection of mods that uses Thermal Expansion 3 + MFR + BigReactors + Applied Energistics at the core. But unless I miss something, I have no way to scoop the lava out of the nether to power magmatics. Is there anything that adds a pump (that might run off of RF) that I can use for this, or do I need to add buildcraft back in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Endothermic pump from extra utilities.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Magmarashi posted:

Yes, that one! What was the last version it was available for and does anyone have a link to it so I don't have to comb through dozens of pages looking.

I've posted a link in this thread before. I'll edit it in when I can look at my post history.

EDIT: The last release was 1.5.2
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3561897&pagenumber=10&perpage=40#post418213984

Tsubasa2004
Feb 14, 2003

metasynthetic posted:

Effector Fields R0.0.1 for Minecraft 1.6.2
Download here

There was a 1.6.2 release, I don't know if it's compatible with 1.6.4.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
So whenever I get near tainted areas in my Thaumcraft world when not in peaceful mode it always crashes and throws this crash log at me. http://pastebin.com/Zh4GSRq3 Can anyone here make sense of this? I tried asking in the Thaumcraft 4 thread but they seem to be busy right now with some guy who's having a mental breakdown about the new crooked labels.

massecurr
Dec 15, 2012

30.5 Days posted:

EVERY TIME? You are a beautiful human being who is consistently reproducing an extremely rare error case. Please pastebin your entire (ENTIRE) latest log file from .technic/logs and PM it to me.

I don't have PMs, but here is the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/XCf7qkg7

massecurr fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Nov 25, 2013

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Tsubasa2004 posted:

There was a 1.6.2 release, I don't know if it's compatible with 1.6.4.

It is not, threw an error at me when I added it to my 1.6.4 install. Oh well, I shall have to do without until it gets updated.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Guys holy poo poo, a mod that makes oceans worth diving into? Mariculture adds really spiffy looking coral, kelp, and kelp forests, along with a faster, indestructible boat, and deep ocean trenches(ravines). There's a whole ton of other things too, like fish breeding and extra enchants.

https://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2049315-16xforgesmp-mariculture-113a-rf-time-updated-21112013/

dijon du jour posted:

So whenever I get near tainted areas in my Thaumcraft world when not in peaceful mode it always crashes and throws this crash log at me. http://pastebin.com/Zh4GSRq3 Can anyone here make sense of this? I tried asking in the Thaumcraft 4 thread but they seem to be busy right now with some guy who's having a mental breakdown about the new crooked labels.

Looks like something called a Frost Shard got bugged up. Mo' Creatures is in there, perhaps it's incompatible with TC4?

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

McFrugal posted:

Looks like something called a Frost Shard got bugged up. Mo' Creatures is in there, perhaps it's incompatible with TC4?

Mo' Creatures works just fine with Thaumcraft 4 on the Never Stop Toasting 1.6 pack, as far as we've seen.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

New Leaf posted:

Our server crashed, and me and another people who were online at the time logged back in at spawn with no items at all. Anyone ever heard of this and know of a fix?

Hate to self quote, but nobody has anything on this? It was worse than I thought- All my Thaumcraft research points reset to 0, all my Thauminomicon unlocks, all my xp, just gone because of a server hiccup?

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Nov 25, 2013

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

New Leaf posted:

Hate to self quote, but nobody has anything on this? All my Thaumcraft research reset to 0, all my unlocks, all my xp, just gone because of a server hiccup?

That is the nature of Minecraft. Some times you just have to wipe everyone's inventory to make the drat server run again and if those players complain then boo to them :argh:
I've never had a game where something doesn't gently caress up, so I always make sure I play single player or with friends so we can be OP and fix such things as they come up. This is modded Minecraft there are way to many bugs to play MMO style (at least in my opinion).

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

New Leaf posted:

Hate to self quote, but nobody has anything on this? It was worse than I thought- All my Thaumcraft research points reset to 0, all my Thauminomicon unlocks, all my xp, just gone because of a server hiccup?

Always make backups.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Can I request either a mod, or directions on how to make it?

A simple second set of shears that will skin a cow. Easy version drops a leather ever time you click it, no need to bother about cooldowns or changing the texture on the cow.

The effort version should change the cow into a mangled one, then have it regrow the skin after eating grass, like sheep.

Durability on the tool is unnecessary, but add if you feel like it.

How would I go about and make such a mod? I found some good tutorials for MC modding, but I can't find them again... Explained what all the import things did and all.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Dunno-Lars posted:

Can I request either a mod, or directions on how to make it?

A simple second set of shears that will skin a cow. Easy version drops a leather ever time you click it, no need to bother about cooldowns or changing the texture on the cow.

The effort version should change the cow into a mangled one, then have it regrow the skin after eating grass, like sheep.

Durability on the tool is unnecessary, but add if you feel like it.

How would I go about and make such a mod? I found some good tutorials for MC modding, but I can't find them again... Explained what all the import things did and all.

Dartcraft has something like that, although it also adds a bunch of other stuff as well.

Squirrelo
Mar 3, 2008

McFrugal posted:

Guys holy poo poo, a mod that makes oceans worth diving into? Mariculture adds really spiffy looking coral, kelp, and kelp forests, along with a faster, indestructible boat, and deep ocean trenches(ravines). There's a whole ton of other things too, like fish breeding and extra enchants.

https://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2049315-16xforgesmp-mariculture-113a-rf-time-updated-21112013/

Looks like a bunch of modders are taking up the "Oceans are boring" problem. Here's another one: Algaecraft. Currently 1.6.2 but being upped to 1.6.4 actively. Lets you set lobster pots and adds all sorts of coral, mobs, and other cool things to oceans.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1604011-152-162-forge-algaecraft-mod-sponges-seafood-coral-and-more-1000-downloads/

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones

30.5 Days posted:

For big dig, I'll disable ore spawning from all mods except TE. Even stuff like uranium that doesn't spawn in TE, you can add a new custom spawn entry in CoFHCore and have CoFHCore handle the spawning.

Thought I asked this question, but apparently I didn't. How do you add non-TE entries to CoFHCore?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Always make backups.

Yeah, we're on an hourly backup now.. Ugh. This was pretty devastating to my fun level. The server admin gave me the Thaumcraft "cheat sheet" item that unlocks all the research, so there's that. I did lose ALL my magical creations though, plus all my wands, all my research points, info on everything I had ever scanned with the Thaumometer.. The one player who logged out in the Twilight Forest (who wasn't online when the server crashed) didn't lose anything.

Interesting side note- we had a castle at the server spawn location, but it was built pre-mods and is now abandoned. However, we can't even get inside it anymore. Doors don't stay open long enough to be entered, and we can't break any blocks there now. What gives?

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

New Leaf posted:

Yeah, we're on an hourly backup now.. Ugh. This was pretty devastating to my fun level. The server admin gave me the Thaumcraft "cheat sheet" item that unlocks all the research, so there's that. I did lose ALL my magical creations though, plus all my wands, all my research points, info on everything I had ever scanned with the Thaumometer.. The one player who logged out in the Twilight Forest (who wasn't online when the server crashed) didn't lose anything.

Interesting side note- we had a castle at the server spawn location, but it was built pre-mods and is now abandoned. However, we can't even get inside it anymore. Doors don't stay open long enough to be entered, and we can't break any blocks there now. What gives?

Sounds like some sort of spawn protection. Either that, or intense lag.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Jetamo posted:

Sounds like some sort of spawn protection. Either that, or intense lag.

I doubt it's lag, we were all having the same problem but zero issues at our current house in another chunk- which, by all accounts, SHOULD be much busier since it is surrounded by all sorts of magical nonsense whizzing around from arcane lamps and twinkling crystals, plus that goofy Tree of Transformation thing from the Twilight Forest mod that makes the disco lights on the ground and runes rain down from the sky.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

massecurr posted:

I don't have PMs, but here is the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/XCf7qkg7

Go into .technic/settings.json and change "stable" to "beta" and see if this fixes the crash. Additionally, verify that your images all load correctly. I believe the reason you are having consistent (rather than transient) crashes is that you have an image that is corrupted, and I'd like to see if the launcher will correctly identify that and redownload it given a few moments.

massecurr
Dec 15, 2012

30.5 Days posted:

Go into .technic/settings.json and change "stable" to "beta" and see if this fixes the crash. Additionally, verify that your images all load correctly. I believe the reason you are having consistent (rather than transient) crashes is that you have an image that is corrupted, and I'd like to see if the launcher will correctly identify that and redownload it given a few moments.

that seems to have fixed it.

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008

Squirrelo posted:

Looks like a bunch of modders are taking up the "Oceans are boring" problem. Here's another one: Algaecraft. Currently 1.6.2 but being upped to 1.6.4 actively. Lets you set lobster pots and adds all sorts of coral, mobs, and other cool things to oceans.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1604011-152-162-forge-algaecraft-mod-sponges-seafood-coral-and-more-1000-downloads/

These two mods look perfect for the underwater build my buddies and I are about to do. They'll both be on 1.6.4 soon, it seems. I'm especially excited about the deep ocean biome the one adds.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

massecurr posted:

that seems to have fixed it.

Apologies to put a fine point on it, but can you verify that the images all load correctly too?

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

:parrot:

Switched.on posted:

These two mods look perfect for the underwater build my buddies and I are about to do. They'll both be on 1.6.4 soon, it seems. I'm especially excited about the deep ocean biome the one adds.

Mariculture is fantastic. It'll even get you your autistic breeding system fix if you're looking to drop Forestry.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Is there an easy way to get minefactory reloaded to work with natura in 1.64?

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Sir Lucius posted:

Is there an easy way to get minefactory reloaded to work with natura in 1.64?

Make sure both are fully updated, and you won't get crashes. mDiyo isn't working on Natura anymore, seeing it as "complete", so it only gets bugfixes now. One of those bugfixes was to pull MFR support out when it get updated for 1.6.4, instead of updating the MFR API. As far as I know, no mod currently exists to make them work together.

massecurr
Dec 15, 2012

30.5 Days posted:

Apologies to put a fine point on it, but can you verify that the images all load correctly too?

How do I check that?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

massecurr posted:

How do I check that?

Just verify that the toast pack has the correct logo showing in the pack selector, background when selecting it, and icon when mousing over it. The defaults (which you don't want) tend to feature blue-and-black technic wrench imagery.

massecurr
Dec 15, 2012

30.5 Days posted:

Just verify that the toast pack has the correct logo showing in the pack selector, background when selecting it, and icon when mousing over it. The defaults (which you don't want) tend to feature blue-and-black technic wrench imagery.

no defaults, looks like what ever was wrong fixed itself when I switched the launcher to beta thanks for the help man

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

massecurr posted:

no defaults, looks like what ever was wrong fixed itself when I switched the launcher to beta thanks for the help man

Awesome, thanks for your help!

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Serifina posted:

Make sure both are fully updated, and you won't get crashes. mDiyo isn't working on Natura anymore, seeing it as "complete", so it only gets bugfixes now. One of those bugfixes was to pull MFR support out when it get updated for 1.6.4, instead of updating the MFR API. As far as I know, no mod currently exists to make them work together.

Oh, were they crashing with each other? That kind of sucks, but I guess I can deal with it.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Sir Lucius posted:

Oh, were they crashing with each other? That kind of sucks, but I guess I can deal with it.

Well, Natura had the old MFR API when MFR first updated, so that was causing crashes.

I've also been informed by skyboy (who's handling MFR now) that Natura does, in fact, have the MFR API back in since the most recent version. It's just not in the changelog for whatever reason. Edit: So just make sure you have the most recent versions of both, and you should be good to go.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I've spent the morning trying to avoid admitting I don't know what the hell I'm doing, but, well. Is the latest Optifine incompatible with 1.7.2 or am I merely a special child that's unable to locate the correct OF version?

I'm trying to work toward installing realistic texture packs but it may not happen if I continue to be too stupid to even correctly get Optifine and the Magic Launcher running :ohdear:

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007
It's not updated for 1.7.2 yet, like it says in the Optifine forum thread.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

MCPatcher works for 1.7.2, if that's a workable alternative for you? (Never gone the Magic Launcher route, so no idea if that's compatible.)

Edit:

Aye, I've dropped Optifine in favor of MCPatcher for now, though I think there's still a few things it adds even to 1.7.2 that vanilla doesn't have (I'm sticking to 1.6.4 still, can't live without 'em mods.), but I will be quite happy the day I can entirely drop that one too.
vvvvvv

Inepta Lacerta fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 27, 2013

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
At this point and especially with 1.7.2 you really do not need optifine at all, ever.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Inepta Lacerta posted:

MCPatcher works for 1.7.2, if that's a workable alternative for you? (Never gone the Magic Launcher route, so no idea if that's compatible.)

Edit:

Aye, I've dropped Optifine in favor of MCPatcher for now, though I think there's still a few things it adds even to 1.7.2 that vanilla doesn't have (I'm sticking to 1.6.4 still, can't live without 'em mods.), but I will be quite happy the day I can entirely drop that one too.
vvvvvv

MCpatcher also does a lot of the CTM and what not a lot better than Optifine (does Optifine even support CIT?), SMP had some comparison images of his Revival pack when loaded with MCpatcher and Optifine and the difference is pretty big.

Also has anyone brought up the oddly named Jabba mod? Seems like a pretty neat alternative for barrels, though holy poo poo "two years in the making" seems a bit extreme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlcHuaoj7-w

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Enzer posted:

MCpatcher also does a lot of the CTM and what not a lot better than Optifine (does Optifine even support CIT?), SMP had some comparison images of his Revival pack when loaded with MCpatcher and Optifine and the difference is pretty big.

Also has anyone brought up the oddly named Jabba mod? Seems like a pretty neat alternative for barrels, though holy poo poo "two years in the making" seems a bit extreme.

Only thing Optifine does better than MCPatcher for me is Anisotropy, but with 1.7.2 that I guess is a bit of a moot point anyway. But yeah, CTM, CIT, Better Skies, support for more varieties of mob skins etc. will keep me running MCPatcher for the foreseeable future. Happy it causes a lot less issues than Optifine, either way.

Also that JABBA mod seems pretty nice - I might have to throw it into my private modpack and test it out. Thanks for pointing it out.

fakeedit:

Speaking of Prof. Mobius mods, if people are running Waila pre-1.4.0 I'd highly recommend upgrading, it's fixed most if not all issues with things disappearing on mouse-over, blocks changing texture etc.

Inepta Lacerta fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 27, 2013

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Enzer posted:

In general, I like it. The non-sidedness is good, and the dolly is especially nice, eliminates the need for the Chest Transporter mod, and is awesome that it works with a lot of other things.

Specific dislikes: Inability to move while full (without special tool), progressive upgrades (each requiring the previous and four pistons; the max level upgrade would require not just 28 pistons to make the max upgrade itself, but another 84 pistons to make all the upgrades leading up to it), and even at max capacity it can only hold a half-million items. It's neat, but I think I'll stick with MFR DSUs marked with item frames. (Now if there were a way to label DSUs without taking up the block in front of them that would make them even more awesome.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

m2pt5 posted:

(Now if there were a way to label DSUs without taking up the block in front of them that would make them even more awesome.)

Something I would like to see for this would be like how vanilla item frames work now when you put a named item in them:

Where mousing over it would display the contents in a text box floating over the DSU.

• Locked thread