Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Perigryn posted:

I've always wondered why McMahon ever bothered with the WBF, when he could simply get a few people from the roster to do this.

This but the opposite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

i didnt realize that curtis axel had a funky looking scar

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Looks like an appendectomy scar.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Even his appendix wants nothing to do with him.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

...why is he wearing a Mark Henry tag? Did they just hear that a wrestler named Mark is gonna be showing up?

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Suleman posted:

...why is he wearing a Mark Henry tag? Did they just hear that a wrestler named Mark is gonna be showing up?

If Taker walks up to you and asks for your tag, you nod and say "Yes, sir," and hand it over.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Also Taker and Henry probably switch tags and gear and stuff all the time since they look so similar.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

INVASION OF THE PLASTIC PEOPLE.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Chinston Wurchill posted:

INVASION OF THE PLASTIC PEOPLE.

I am unironically sad I won't be able to see this live (if it hasn't already aired) but I will make sure to keep it for that more Christmasy season

Hoarr
Sep 6, 2013
Thirteen years ago today...

WCW Mayhem 2000 PPV Advert *Click to Enlarge*

The Insiders: WCW World Tag Team Champions - WCW Mayhem 2000 *Click to Enlarge*

Leia Meow Hits Top Rope Dive - WCW Mayhem 2000 *Click to Enlarge*

Jeff Jarrett Break Buff Bagwell's Head - WCW Mayhem 2000 *Click to Enlarge*

Scott Steiner: WCW World Heavyweight Champion - WCW Mayhem 2000 *Click to Enlarge*

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

"TOASTY!"

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Even the ref tending the injury is in awe of the peaks.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

The Rock's Facebook posted:

As the Silverback, I immediately establish my dominance over anything that breathes.

Apparently, it doesn't work on Pierre.

Ok, go back to chasing your balls buddy.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
So Rock tried to have sex with the dog. Lovely.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Sum Mors posted:

So Rock tried to have sex with the dog. Lovely.

While roleplaying as Mark Henry, no less.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
What is it with wrestlers trying to eat dogs?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Require More Fire posted:

What is it with wrestlers trying to eat dogs?

You can't eat at Waffle House every night.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Red posted:

You can't eat at Waffle House every night.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
Hi there Chuckie T!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Nice to see Victoria doesn't need to be part of the industry to make money.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

apsouthern posted:

Hi there Chuckie T!

Please tell me the article completely ignored TNA. Like it just read, "After departing WWE Victoria opened a restaurant and did absolutely nothing else wrestling related, nope, no sir".

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Please tell me the article completely ignored TNA. Like it just read, "After departing WWE Victoria opened a restaurant and did absolutely nothing else wrestling related, nope, no sir".
I read the entire thing and there was no mention of TNA at all.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Why should they? They'd have to bring attention to the Lock Box Challange.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Perigryn posted:

Why should they? They'd have to bring attention to the Lock Box Challange.

That's exactly the reason TO mention TNA.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The best one was still when WWE.com called Hiroshi Tanahashi "a Japanese fan" when posing with Jeff Hardy.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I don't watch How I Met Your Mother anymore. Was there ever a scene where Marshall meets Lily's family, and has to explain the facepaint that won't come off?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Red posted:

I don't watch How I Met Your Mother anymore. Was there ever a scene where Marshall meets Lily's family, and has to explain the facepaint that won't come off?

This episode is from a few years ago. It's a flashback to when Ted's hipster douchebag girlfriend in college "ironically" said that she had tickets to Wrestlemania. A few seconds later Lily runs in dressed as Hacksaw Jim Duggan. My favorite part is that it's been established that they were in college in the mid/late 90s so even back then the costumes would have been incredibly outdated.

e: HIMYM has some fun wrestling references on it.

A suit with diamond pinstripes

Karmine fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 27, 2013

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Karmine posted:

This episode is from a few years ago. It's a flashback to when Ted's hipster douchebag girlfriend in college "ironically" said that she had tickets to Wrestlemania. A few seconds later Lily runs in dressed as Hacksaw Jim Duggan. My favorite part is that it's been established that they were in college in the mid/late 90s so even back then the costumes would have been incredibly outdated.

e: HIMYM has some fun wrestling references on it.

A suit with diamond pinstripes

But Marshall was mad because A.) they never went to WrestleMania, and B.) his facepaint wouldn't come off for over a month - and he had to meet Lily's family with it. I was kind of hoping there'd be a flashback to that awkwardness at some point.

JohnnyNeptune
Mar 9, 2007
In the future, if scientists find a way to combine the DNA of all of the Rat Pack members to make a super human clone, it would only be half as cool as Johnny Neptune! Pshew, Pshew!

Suleman posted:

I believe this picture was taken when Mark Henry was pulling a bus for charity, and Taker decided just to show up and check in on his buddy. In other words: Mark Henry and Taker are buddies outside of wrestling, dear god if someone gives them crappy service at a Deny's it can spell the end of human civilization.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

apsouthern posted:

Hi there Chuckie T!

Chuck Taylor has no idea how he got ther.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Is that Bryce Remsburg freaking out at the pizza?

widunder
May 2, 2002
I know very little about wrestling, but I'm loving crazy for luchadors. Sorry for some awful JPEG compression.

To the point I put one my arm!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

I heard a recent interview where she said she was about to leave TNA anyway because it indeed is a trainwreck or something like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwwW4rIpeF8

As someone who was obsessed with her to extremes I'm glad she's doing fine with her restaurant. I suggested it before Wrestlemania to someone here and he liked it.

Also, Kaitlyn got engaged

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

Also, Kaitlyn got engaged

Ugh, to some roided lunkhead?

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

Red posted:

So how long until he gets a contract?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Red posted:

Post your picture and explain why your appearance means you should have her instead, Red, Something Awful forums poster.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

Post your picture and explain why your appearance means you should have her instead, Red, Something Awful forums poster.

Can't a goon express general disgust at someone who overindulges in steroids to great social benefit, and not be thought of as a jealous and whining obsessive?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Red posted:

Can't a goon express general disgust at someone who overindulges in steroids to great social benefit, and not be thought of as a jealous and whining obsessive?

Explain how you've come upon this information. Did the Observer report "Kaitlyn's Dating a Lunkhead Who's Into Casual Steroid Abuse"?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sticklefifer posted:

Explain how you've come upon this information. Did the Observer report "Kaitlyn's Dating a Lunkhead Who's Into Casual Steroid Abuse"?

Look at that half of an arm in those photos. That is a steroid arm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Red posted:

Yeah because that dude totes looks like this guy:

Kaitlyn is engaged to Strong Man.