Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
Sweet tittyfuckin' YeJesus I got a working pair and they are amazing. Thanks to the goon/ette that told me about these. Makes me realize reviews where people say 'these sound bassy' doesn't mean the headphones are good for it, even if the reviewer has years of experience.
Yamaha EPH-100. Handles the bass sweep fantastic, the binaural test is fantastic. These IEMs, even after reading the test paragraph before hitting start, made me jerk my head to the right.
Loving these. They're not as bass-warm as the over-ear Nadys, I have no idea why. And they rattle a lot earlier than my previous IEM sennheiser pairs, as opposed to the Nady never rattling unless I purposefully jacked up the audio to max. Maybe after a bit of usage that might calm down a tad.
All in all, thank you goons. Love yas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
My little brother (like 14, I think) keeps breaking his headset, literally breaking because it is just falling apart. My Grandmother is looking to get a pair of these Monster DNA On-Ear Headphones for him for Christmas, but I don't want her to waste money buying a shoddy product. I know the OP says to stay away from monsters, as they aren't worth their price tag, but the things are on sale for 75$ as opposed to 230$. Also they're wireless, so that's less he can break on them (I assume).

Sadly he lives in another state, so I don't really know his preferences. But I'll give you what I do know.

Budget: I'd say 80$ or lower might be a good limit.
Source: I assume his iTouch, laptop and maybe another mp3 player he has.
Isolation Requirements: I don't know actually, but honestly there shouldn't be too much isolation. He probably should be able to hear when his father calls for him (unless he puts the sound up real high, in which there's nothing anyone can do). Honestly though I don't think this should matter for him.
Preferred Type of Headphone: Well he does like over the ear headphones, I don't know how picky he is on other styles though. He does hate when his cords break on him, an opinion I personally share.
Preferred Tonal Balance: Man I have no idea. He does like bass, so it shouldn't be skimpy on that I'd say.
Past Headphones: SOUL by Ludacris SL150CB High-Definition On-Ear Headphones. He got these June of THIS year, and it's already falling apart. He did enjoy them though. He also doesn't have a warrenty for them he says.
Preferred Music: Not too sure, but I know he listens to classic rock and maybe some metal. He does branch out into other genres though but I don't have a good idea of them, sorry.

So would any of you think these would be a good buy for him, or is there something I'm missing? Hell, maybe if these are decent enough I'll pick up a pair for myself as well.
If not, I'm open for opinions.

EDIT: Well I'm dumb. These aren't wireless at all, just you can replace the wires.

Also forget it, they sold out. Would anyone have an idea on what to get him though? I don't really know headphones.

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 29, 2013

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I have a pretty fucking good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community.

Retarded Pimp posted:

The HE-300 has dynamic drivers.

Well then!

the posted:

I need some replacement running headphones. These are on sale for $9.99. I figure you can't go wrong for :tenbux:, but I didn't know if anyone had any input. Thanks!

Get 2-3. They are the recommended exercise headphone by many people.

sharktamer posted:

I'm sure it's already been discussed in the thread, but does anyone have any tips for dealing with earwax? Not for getting rid of it, since that's probably both impossible and damaging, but more for just stopping it getting in the way, clogging up the earphones and then having to clean them afterwards.

It's a bit of an issue for me, I often end up with my ears feeling blocked after using my eardrums and I often find them clogged with wax after taking them out. Does anyone have any ways of either preventing this or dealing with it?

Clean them once in a while. Hydrogen peroxide+warm water for 20 minutes then a ear syringe a few times.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I've been looking for a replacement for a gaming headset that's been falling apart now, and I was wondering if there were any good deals going on during Black Friday week. I'd prefer something under $100, but if there was something clearly superior on sale for a bit more I'd consider it too.

Budget - $100
Source - Computer for general use in gaming and watching videos etc
Isolation Requirements - Would be nice
Preferred Type of Headphone - Fullsize ones
Preferred Tonal Balance - Doesn't matter
Past Headphones - Plantronics Gamecom 367. Got them on sale for $30 about 3 years ago and they've held up pretty well until recently when the holding frame basically started tearing in two.

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 29, 2013

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I'm gonna jump on the gaming headset question, but with a twist:I have a really nice pair of sennheisers, and I was thinking about getting a bluetooth headset, but one of those with a 3.5mm jack where you can just plug whatever you want to, like Sony's WM600 or the SBH52, so I can just use my headphones from the couch without snagging the cable, and use the dongle's mic (which would be neat for using with my ps3, as I can't connect a regular mic in there).

Does this make any sense? Is the bluetooth connection going to murder the sound quality and I should just get a mic and be done with it?

Cheers.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Sprite141 posted:

My little brother (like 14, I think) keeps breaking his headset, literally breaking because it is just falling apart. My Grandmother is looking to get a pair of these Monster DNA On-Ear Headphones for him for Christmas, but I don't want her to waste money buying a shoddy product. I know the OP says to stay away from monsters, as they aren't worth their price tag, but the things are on sale for 75$ as opposed to 230$. Also they're wireless, so that's less he can break on them (I assume).

Sadly he lives in another state, so I don't really know his preferences. But I'll give you what I do know.

Budget: I'm not the buyer this time, but seeing as my Grandmother is looking to buy these, I'd say 80$ or lower might be a good limit.
Source: I assume his iTouch, laptop and maybe another mp3 player he has.
Isolation Requirements: I don't know actually, but honestly there shouldn't be too much isolation. He probably should be able to hear when his father calls for him (unless he puts the sound up real high, in which there's nothing anyone can do). Honestly though I don't think this should matter for him.
Preferred Type of Headphone: Well he does like over the ear headphones, I don't know how picky he is on other styles though. He does hate when his cords break on him, an opinion I personally share. That's why we're thinking of getting him a pair of wireless headphones.
Preferred Tonal Balance: Man I have no idea. He does like bass, so it shouldn't be skimpy on that I'd say.
Past Headphones: SOUL by Ludacris SL150CB High-Definition On-Ear Headphones. He got these June of THIS year, and it's already falling apart. He did enjoy them though. He also doesn't have a warrenty for them he says.
Preferred Music: Not too sure, but I know he listens to classic rock and maybe some metal. He does branch out into other genres though but I don't have a good idea of them, sorry.

So would any of you think these would be a good buy for him, or is there something I'm missing? Hell, maybe if these are decent enough I'll pick up a pair for myself as well.
If not, I'm open for opinions.

I'll throw these out there. I'd bet they sound better and let you hear where the bad guys are better than the Ludacris phones for 1/2 the price.
http://www.amazon.com/Superlux-681-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B002GHIPYI
http://www.head-fi.org/products/superlux-hd-681

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Retarded Pimp posted:

I'll throw these out there. I'd bet they sound better and let you hear where the bad guys are better than the Ludacris phones for 1/2 the price.
http://www.amazon.com/Superlux-681-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B002GHIPYI
http://www.head-fi.org/products/superlux-hd-681

Oh nice. Amazon sold out of the monsters so I can't get the cheap price, and I was planning on telling my Grandmother to pick up a pair of Panasonic RP-HTF600's like I have now.

But I don't think those headphones would work, to be honest. They have an 8 foot cable length apparently, and I know my brother won't put up with that at all.
However these are apparently almost the same, except you can switch between a long and short cord. I read a review on them and it says in comparison the EVO version has a larger bass hump and a less hot treble, though they were using an amp and I dunno. :psyduck: I don't understand any of this stuff.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Sprite141 posted:

Oh nice. Amazon sold out of the monsters so I can't get the cheap price, and I was planning on telling my Grandmother to pick up a pair of Panasonic RP-HTF600's like I have now.

But I don't think those headphones would work, to be honest. They have an 8 foot cable length apparently, and I know my brother won't put up with that at all.
However these are apparently almost the same, except you can switch between a long and short cord. I read a review on them and it says in comparison the EVO version has a larger bass hump and a less hot treble, though they were using an amp and I dunno. :psyduck: I don't understand any of this stuff.

That cable looks like a nice feature and if it fails over time it won't be too hard to solder on.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Retarded Pimp posted:

That cable looks like a nice feature and if it fails over time it won't be too hard to solder on.

Apparently you can purchase replacement cords too! Those seem perfect for my brother, so that's solved.

And now that I look at it, these are listed as monitor headphones. I'm looking into a new headset/headphones for computer usage now that my Turtle Beach X12's left side died on me.
My current mobile headphones are starting to fail on me too, the Panasonic RP-HTF600's. I can't stand cords anymore, they just end up making me buy a new headset every year. But for that I'll just grab the above HD681 Evo. Hell, I could even use the shorter cable for walking the dogs, and the longer one just attached to computer permanently for gaming. But those turtle beach headphones were the best I've owned, and I'm not willing to go lower in quality from that for my computer usage should the HD681's not be good enough.

Budget: I'd go into the mid 100$ range if I don't have to worry about the cords failing or one of the speakers dying on me. 80$ or less if not. I'm open to the idea of wireless, but I have no idea how those work, and they'd probably be too pricey.
Source: Computer only. Gaming and music. My speakers are ok, but I'm in an upstairs apartment so I've just taken to only using headphones. Typically I have another pair of headphones for any mobile stuff.
Isolation Requirements: For my computer use I'd love an isolated headset. It doesn't have to be perfect and I know it won't be, but I live with roommates.
Preferred Type of Headphone: Full size only. I've only used supra-aural, but I'm open to circumaural.
Preferred Tonal Balance: I really wish I knew how to talk about this. I love bass, absolutely. But bass bleeding over stuff is terrible. And not being able to hear any part of the music because something is too high or low just sucks. Mostly I'd put an emphasis on good bass, and I guess clear vocals? I probably just really need to learn how to use an equalizer.
Past Headphones:
Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Gaming Headset and Amplified Stereo Sound. Best headphones I've ever owned. I loved the ability to adjust my sound and bass levels on the cord, though I mostly kept the bass at the same.
Panasonic RP-HTF600-S Stereo Over-ear Headphones. These are the second best, and my current pair of mobile headphones. I don't like their long cord, but for the computer that is preferred. Mine are currently starting to break right now actually, they're beginning to loose sound depending on the positioning of the cord and I just know the cords gonna give and I'll loose sound in one ear again soon. Compared with the turtle beach I'd say the sound quality is weaker overall.
Preferred Music: Rock, heavy metal, electronic, synthesized, classical, pop and jazz. Also these will be used for gaming and videos as well.

Honestly I'd love to try out the HD681s on the computer just to see if I need to bother trying to get anything else. I probably will buy them for myself, as I said my mobile pair of headphones are dying on me. But if these die soon enough I might just go buy another pair of the Turtle Beach X12's or maybe a newer model. If I can do better than that, I'd love to know.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

Aaaaand the right channel just went out.
Um.. is there an RMA limit on headphones that poo poo out so often?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Paradox Personified posted:

Aaaaand the right channel just went out.
Um.. is there an RMA limit on headphones that poo poo out so often?

drat. Sorry to hear you're having so many problems, I don't think I've heard of the Yamahas having so many issues. Perhaps a pair of Shure SE215s or Monster Miles Davis Trumpets? Similar sound signature.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

A friend of mine is looking for a wireless headset and has landed on a pair of Sennheiser RS 180's through reviews. His price range is around 100-200 and I'm curious if there's anything better he could be getting with the money or if this is the best he can get. He's going to be using them to listen to records while moving around the house so they have to be wireless.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I prefer earbuds to any other kind of headphone, but the biggest problem is how they always get tangled. Is there any product out there that makes their wires rigid somehow, so they can't flop around? Some kind of plastic conduit or something. I don't even know what keywords I would search for online.

edit: Yeah...not the right keywords

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 30, 2013

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Would the Plantronics Gamecom 780 be worth the extra $20 compared to the Siberia V2? Or are the differences negligible enough that I should just go for the Siberia? Though I have noticed that the Plantronics headset is about $20 more than what it usually sells for, so I don't know what at this point...

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

So I have the HD650s and a good amp and DAC. Where do I go from here?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Skim Milk posted:

Make sure you get FLACs whenever possible?

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I have a pretty fucking good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community.

Skim Milk posted:

Enjoying your music.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Skim Milk posted:

Cable lifters.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

seravid posted:

Cable lifters.
Silver Dragon cables.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Enough with the jokes. He needs interconnects.

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Skim Milk posted:

I'd say different styles of headphones to switch things up. Maybe something with a fun sound signature like the V-Moda M100's? Either that or portable/compact stuff. I don't get to listen to my open headphones all that often as nearly everywhere I listen to headphones is too noisy for them to be fun.

Has anyone tried the NAD Viso HP50? Seems like they have an interesting sound and I like the way they've been described. I have a set of AKG K550's for at home that I like, but I'm trying to find another sealed set for work and I'd like something that isolates better than my ATH-M50's.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Skim Milk posted:

What amp and DAC? I'd recommend using Foobar with ASIO and make sure you don't have oversampling through each source (meaning, say, 24/96 through the whole system).

Then get HD800's and then realize you need a better amp to power it so build a b22 :spergin:

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

grack posted:

drat. Sorry to hear you're having so many problems, I don't think I've heard of the Yamahas having so many issues. Perhaps a pair of Shure SE215s or Monster Miles Davis Trumpets? Similar sound signature.
What about the Monster 'Gratitude'? My mother loved and still loves Earth Wind & Fire, who designed those. I swear, once I get my NDT work, I'm buying a dozen headphones of all IEM designs.

Update on it, right channel comes in and out and I want to blame it on the cold snap somehow, I live on the Gulf Coast. Maybe heat expanding, cold contracting, is a factor? Very very loose uneducated guess theory though. I still have my Nady over-ears, so those are relegated to the PS3 audio-out, on the PC the 100s remain where I can actually fiddle with channel level balance and can jack up the R-chan when I need to.

Thanks guys and gals and variants and starkin. :)

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Xovaan posted:

Then get HD800's and then realize you need a better amp to power it so build a b22 :spergin:

It's inevitable :smithfrog:

What's the closed back equivalent of the HD650s? Similar quality, more bass.

skimothy milkerson fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 30, 2013

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Today I dreamed I had a HD800. I haven't bought a headphone in a long, long while. It's the sign.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Elentor posted:

Today I dreamed I had a HD800. I haven't bought a headphone in a long, long while. It's the sign.

I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on some headphones.

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa

Skim Milk posted:

It's inevitable :smithfrog:

What's the closed back equivalent of the HD650s? Similar quality, more bass.

I thought about the 650s before deciding to get closed back, and I ended up with the newly-released Shure SRH1540. I can't say whether they have more bass than the Sennheisers, as I haven't heard those, but I can say that they seem to have slightly greater than neutral bass (while maintaining a lot of detail and never getting overwhelming or boomy) and are considered by the few people who've heard whose opinions I've read to be of similar quality/better than the 650s. First post I found on Head Fi comparing them said:

quote:

1540 has more bass presence but also a bit more midrange and treble presence, so to my ears it sounds more clear, articulate and spacious than the 650, and because of this, the bass mostly sounds balanced with the rest of the spectrum. I haven't listened to another headphone in over a week....I just keep enjoying the 1540

I love mine. Great soundstage, a very fun signature which still produces an exceptional level of detail.

I'd agree with the guy who mentioned FLACs by the way, assuming you're not already using a lossless format. The better the equipment, the more you should be feeding them a quality source.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Paradox Personified posted:

What about the Monster 'Gratitude'? My mother loved and still loves Earth Wind & Fire, who designed those. I swear, once I get my NDT work, I'm buying a dozen headphones of all IEM designs.

Update on it, right channel comes in and out and I want to blame it on the cold snap somehow, I live on the Gulf Coast. Maybe heat expanding, cold contracting, is a factor? Very very loose uneducated guess theory though. I still have my Nady over-ears, so those are relegated to the PS3 audio-out, on the PC the 100s remain where I can actually fiddle with channel level balance and can jack up the R-chan when I need to.

Thanks guys and gals and variants and starkin. :)

The Gratitudes are incredibly good headphones, and a bunch of people on Head-Fi actually rate them higher than the Turbine Pro series (Gold and Copper) in Monster's lineup. They have a small treble boost compared to the Yamahas so the sound signatures are a little different, but the Gratitudes definitely hold their own against the EPH-100. Between the HifiMan RE400s, JVC FXT90s and Gratitudes, I kept the Gratitudes and sold the other two. That's how much I like them - they're my everyday headphones.

As to pricing, the Gratitudes were discontinued about 6 months ago and are being blown out very cheap on Amazon. If you're interested, definitely get a pair.

mmm11105
Apr 27, 2010
EDIT: Nevermind

mmm11105 fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 1, 2013

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
OK, here goes. It took me a bit of lurking to find this thread, but I'm here now. I currently own a pair of Kinivo bluetooth headphones. They go over my ears, and give me decent audio. My one issue is that there is no battery indicator, so they run out without my realising, and then I'm stuck with no audio source until I get home and charge the drat thing. I've long past lost my iPhone headphones, and I'm not trying to spend $80 on loving earbuds from apple.

Budget: I can spend $100 when I get paid in January. This isn't a rush yet, but I'm looking.
Source - It'll be going into my iPhone 4S over Bluetooth. I really want bluetooth, because I don't like the cables getting tangled up when I listen to my stuff.
Isolation Requirements - I'll be listening on subways, and public places for the most part.
Preferred Type of Headphone - I'm a fan of those over the ear, or the ones that look like headbands.
Preferred Tonal Balance - I'm mainly listening to podcasts, which have a tendency to have poo poo-tacular sound, and whose trebles pierce the hell out of my eardrums. I don't need a bass-rich headphone so much as I need one that will respond to the treble reducer of some sort.
Past Headphones - I used to have a pair of Sony over the ear headphones (in bluetooth) that looked like these:
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-G45LP-Street-Neckband-Headphones/dp/B0015AFVBC/

My issue with them is that the pads that covered the speaker were utter and complete poo poo, and would wear out in no time. I currently have the Kinivo bluetooth ones:

http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTH220-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headphone/dp/B005LKB0IU/

No issues with these, except that they're using mini USB instead of micro USB, making it a pain in the rear end to charge them unless I have the cable that came with them, because who the gently caress even has mini USB anymore.

In both of these, I wish there were an audio cable that I could plug in so that I can switch from bluetooth to wired when I run out of battery. I had a pair of Philips headphones that did this, but I can't remember their name, or else I'd have just looked those up and saved up to buy them. When I bought that pair of Philips, it cost around $129. :gonk: Don't want to spend quite so much, but if that's what it is, what can I do?
Preferred Music - Podcasts. Aside from that, bad pop music.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Edit: I figured it out.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Dec 2, 2013

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
Does anyone have any experience with any of these DAC/amps?

Audinst HUD-MX2
ifi iDac
Fostex HP-A3
Epiphany EHP-O2D

I'm looking for something to pair with my Shure SRH1540s and this is my current shortlist. I want the DAC to be my external sound card and deal with all of my computer's sound (music, games etc), so for convenience's sake I ideally want RCA out (I've included the Epiphany because I like the look of it, and if it's clearly the best choice soundwise I can deal with swapping headphones with a cable to the speakers whenever I want to swap). I also don't want something which emphasises bass much, as the Shures already have plenty of that - it's not flabby or boomy at all but any more would be too much for my taste.

These all seem like decent options (although the Fostex is about to be replaced by the A4 - don't know if that will be available before Christmas, though).

OneSizeFitsAll fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Dec 3, 2013

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

For those of you who might want to make something fun, Glass Jar Audio has 15% off purchases of $95 or more right now. Best time to pick up your DIY kits!

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004
So I picked up a pair of 'premium' Beyerdynamics 880s from Amazon for Black Friday. These are the 600ohm version.

Any recommendations on the amp / dac combo to drive this thing? I was thinking Schiit Magni/Modi since they appear to be good quality / affordable, but I am not sure if they can drive high impedence headphones well. I'd like something that can get reasonably loud without distorting to hell.

Any suggestions on amps / dacs? I listen mostly to modern/classic/electronic rock.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
What's a good headphone amp that would be good for my Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 cans? I would prefer to keep it under $50 if possible. Or should I just start saving up for a pair of AD900 or A900X cans in order to get more bass?

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Dec 3, 2013

uncola
Apr 21, 2002
If you're looking for more bass, the difference between different models of headphones will be MUCH greater than any difference amplification can make. You can't really get a decent amp for less than $99 (schiit magni) anyway. If I were you I'd save up and upgrade headphones, it will make much more difference than an amp

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

You can get sub-$70 amps if you're handy. But that's a road you don't want to go down if you aren't comfortable with a soldering iron.

spasticColon posted:

What's a good headphone amp that would be good for my Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 cans? I would prefer to keep it under $50 if possible. Or should I just start saving up for a pair of AD900 or A900X cans in order to get more bass?

None. The power requirements lend themselves well to your basic headphone output/mobile—32Ω/ 98db/mW / 500mW max input is low enough to forget the amp entirely; it's not going to change much except cost you money. If it's bass you're after, you'll either have to equalize your music or get a set of headphones with a different frequency response. I will say that the ATH-AD900s have a very "flat" response, meaning no range of sound is emphasized over another. I'd suggest equalizing if that's the route you'd like to take.

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Dec 3, 2013

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I'm looking for a pair of wireless headphones to use while I commute but also to plug in and use as monitors when I'm playing guitar. Nothing studio worthy, but I just want a pair to pop on while I jam a little.

Budget: Top out at $200
Source: Nexus5 primary to be used wirelessly, so Bluetooth is a must, but they need to have a 3.5 jack for when the battery is dead of when I use them to play guitar in my basement and not wake my kid up. I have a couple small practice amps that I'll be connecting it to as well.
Isolation Requirements: Will be used primarily on the train commuting to work and around NYC as I walk the streets
Preferred Type of Headphone: Over-ear or on ear.
Preferred Tonal Balance: Accurate reproduction of high notes.
Past Headphones: Junk ear buds, one pair of UE decent earbuds
Preferred Music: Rock, blues, podcasts

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

spasticColon posted:

If you want more bass you may want to look at other phones with a different frequency curve, like the Senn HD-598 or Beyer DT-880 in the AD900's price range, or maybe Creative Aurvana Live! for about $100 less.
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-EF0060-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000ZJZ7OA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

spasticColon posted:

The Ad900/x provide a noticeable bass quantity increase. I highly recommend them if you love the Ad700 minus the lacking in sub-bass.