Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
So does anyone here know how to get a golem to shear sheep? I made a golem with a "use" core and gave it shears but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it to use them. I can't seem to use the golem bell on the sheep. Am I missing something? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
I'm pretty sure you can't. You could use a dynamism tablet if the issue is not just wanting to use golems for it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Item frames? Hook your DSUs into your AE network and have storage monitors on them. Takes up more space and power and all but it's pretty rad.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Cerevisiae posted:

I'm pretty sure you can't. You could use a dynamism tablet if the issue is not just wanting to use golems for it.

Darn, since making the use core required shears I was hoping you could use it to automate shearing. Guess I'll have to tastefully carpet my fortress the hard way. :sigh:

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

dijon du jour posted:

Darn, since making the use core required shears I was hoping you could use it to automate shearing. Guess I'll have to tastefully carpet my fortress the hard way. :sigh:

You could grow a ton of cotton. 3x3 of that makes wool.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
Does anyone know a mod that allows customization of the hardness of blocks? (Meaning how long it takes to break and the minimum tool needed to do so.)

I'm helping out on a server, and the admin needs a better way to keep players from breaking blocks (even temporarily) than the auto-replace that Bukkit Essentials does.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
IGNORE ME

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

m2pt5 posted:

Does anyone know a mod that allows customization of the hardness of blocks? (Meaning how long it takes to break and the minimum tool needed to do so.)

I'm helping out on a server, and the admin needs a better way to keep players from breaking blocks (even temporarily) than the auto-replace that Bukkit Essentials does.

I know there was a mod like that back in.... 1.2.x somewhere, but I haven't seen one since. Best ways I can think of doing what you want is either use something like WorldGuard to set regions where regular players don't have permission to break blocks, or set up a region or command block that gives a number of levels of mining fatigue around the blocks in question if it's just a single spot.

fakeedit: I think hardness is stored client-side so unless you've got something like spoutcraft that lets you change things client-side from server running I'm not entirely sure how to do it any other ways.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

dijon du jour posted:

If you put a turtle in between 4 penned in sheep in 1x1 cells and make him a shear turtle you can make him turn+use his shears every 10 seconds or so and you'll end up with more wool than you know what to do with if the chunk stays loaded.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Inepta Lacerta posted:

I know there was a mod like that back in.... 1.2.x somewhere, but I haven't seen one since. Best ways I can think of doing what you want is either use something like WorldGuard to set regions where regular players don't have permission to break blocks, or set up a region or command block that gives a number of levels of mining fatigue around the blocks in question if it's just a single spot.

fakeedit: I think hardness is stored client-side so unless you've got something like spoutcraft that lets you change things client-side from server running I'm not entirely sure how to do it any other ways.

I don't know exactly what he's using, but blocks disappear long enough to jump onto the block below when broken, even when regular players don't have permission to break blocks.

And it's a modpack on the Technic platform, so he's good on clientside fixes.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

m2pt5 posted:

I don't know exactly what he's using, but blocks disappear long enough to jump onto the block below when broken, even when regular players don't have permission to break blocks.

And it's a modpack on the Technic platform, so he's good on clientside fixes.

I've been looking around a bit more (cause it's an interesting question), but I can't seem to find much in the way of a solution beyond bukkit-based plugins that run server-side. However, maybe Forge Essentials might work better for this since at least part of that has to run on the client-side too? Or at least it did last I checked, my apologies if that's changed.

I suspect this kind of thing will be easier to fix once the mod api actually arrives. Whenever that actually is.

Scorpion 3-2
Apr 2, 2011
So what modpack can you guys recommend that has the new te3 if it had modular powersuit as well that would be sweet.

Scorpion 3-2 fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Nov 29, 2013

Altran
Mar 20, 2013
Took me a good 2 clicks to find this thread.

I only play on PC with my gf, who is on Mac.
I am a completely newb in modding the Minecraft, and I am apparently can't find a good tutorial on how to create your own mod pack on Google.

There it is, anyone can walk me hand-by-hand on how to create my own mod pack on PC AND Mac without using Technic related applications?
And on the Mac, every time I uses the MAC to join a LAN save game created by PC, the Mac loses all it's previously created waypoints(Rei's map)! How do I fix it?

Thanks very much

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Altran posted:

Took me a good 2 clicks to find this thread.

I only play on PC with my gf, who is on Mac.
I am a completely newb in modding the Minecraft, and I am apparently can't find a good tutorial on how to create your own mod pack on Google.

There it is, anyone can walk me hand-by-hand on how to create my own mod pack on PC AND Mac without using Technic related applications?
And on the Mac, every time I uses the MAC to join a LAN save game created by PC, the Mac loses all it's previously created waypoints(Rei's map)! How do I fix it?

Thanks very much

I haven't built a modpack in a while, but I'm curious why you'd rather not use technic? It's probably the easiest way to do what you're asking.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

KingLemming: I'm having trouble with itemducts and MFR harvesters. I've got the harvester, an itemduct on "red", a few more, an itemduct on "blue", and a chest, and it's not harvesting. I've tested it with BC pipes and it works perfectly, and I've also fiddled with the itemduct settings (blue/blue, red/red, blue/red). Any ideas?

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

EvilHawk posted:

KingLemming: I'm having trouble with itemducts and MFR harvesters. I've got the harvester, an itemduct on "red", a few more, an itemduct on "blue", and a chest, and it's not harvesting. I've tested it with BC pipes and it works perfectly, and I've also fiddled with the itemduct settings (blue/blue, red/red, blue/red). Any ideas?

I'm having a similar problem here. I have the harvesters dump their contents into a chest, which feeds into two itemducts. One is set to vacuum mode and delivers stuff back into the planter. The other is set to restriction which heads to an overflow chest which feeds an MFR Bioreactor.

However, the itemducts are completely ignoring their settings and are going for the overflow chest first. Which is especially weird because even without the restriction/vacuum settings, the overflow chest is farther away from the planter anyway. It doesn't make any sense.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.
KL will probably show up and help you guys but make sure you're on the latest beta and post some screenshots, this will help a ton.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Updated to latest version, still getting the issue.

KingLemming
Jan 1, 2013

fuck gregtech

RaspberryCommie posted:

I'm having a similar problem here. I have the harvesters dump their contents into a chest, which feeds into two itemducts. One is set to vacuum mode and delivers stuff back into the planter. The other is set to restriction which heads to an overflow chest which feeds an MFR Bioreactor.

However, the itemducts are completely ignoring their settings and are going for the overflow chest first. Which is especially weird because even without the restriction/vacuum settings, the overflow chest is farther away from the planter anyway. It doesn't make any sense.

EvilHawk posted:

Updated to latest version, still getting the issue.

Both of you, screenshots. Seriously, this is literally pics or it didn't happen.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
So, is there a good 1.6 pack that I can get server files for? :( Want to do a small server with some friends and can't seem to find anything good.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

There's almost no difference between server and client now, you just need to remove any client-only mods and setup forge in the server jar, which is super easy now.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Taffer posted:

There's almost no difference between server and client now, you just need to remove any client-only mods and setup forge in the server jar, which is super easy now.

Hmm. I might try it out. I assume just setup forge as per the instructions on the forge site?

Edit: Wait, I'm already lost. So just download the same server file and drop it in? How do you get something running as a server rather than just the normal UI for minecraft?

Falcon2001 fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Nov 30, 2013

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

KingLemming posted:

Both of you, screenshots. Seriously, this is literally pics or it didn't happen.

This is the way the itemducts connect to the chest next to the MFR harvester. I have four farms, all set up like this, and all of them dump to the overflow chest before refilling the planter. Green pipe leads to the harvester, red leads to overflow chest.

This is the overflow chest. I've temporarily disconnected the itemduct from it so that the planters can refill. The farms are fully grown at the moment as the farm had been working overnight due to a nearby Stargate (which apparently acts as a chunkloader). This is the closest farm to the chest (you can see the wheat farm in the background), but all of them dump to this chest before going to the planter.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Falcon2001 posted:

Hmm. I might try it out. I assume just setup forge as per the instructions on the forge site?

Edit: Wait, I'm already lost. So just download the same server file and drop it in? How do you get something running as a server rather than just the normal UI for minecraft?

Try this one:http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/wobbe-pack.215524

Running a server based in Sweden if you want to join, and I will share the server pack once I get to my computer.

Dunno1987 on Steam and skype if you have questions or want server ip :)

Edit: It is a small server with me, a real life friend and Nastyman on here. It could fit more people, and you dont have to actually play with us. Rules are simple, only borrow from others if they have lots of it and dont intentionally break stuff.

Dunno-Lars fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Nov 30, 2013

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I've been having fun in Big Dig but I'd like to tweak the ore spawn rates to make it a tiny bit rarer. Can anyone give me pointers on how to go about that? Thanks!

American Dad
Mar 28, 2004
See how the connection on the bottom of the chest is red, the pipe is probably full of crap that doesn't fit in the planter and wont pull anything else. You should just replace the chest itself with an itemduct.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

American Dad posted:

See how the connection on the bottom of the chest is red, the pipe is probably full of crap that doesn't fit in the planter and wont pull anything else. You should just replace the chest itself with an itemduct.

Huh. didn't notice it was red now. It wasn't red when it was sending crap into the overflow chest. And the only thing going into the chest is what's being harvested.

Still, I'll put in just the duct and see if that works.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

American Dad posted:

Itemducts won't connect to some MFR stuff that doesn't have inventories, least I haven't found a way to make em. MFR Harvesters & Composters output items but don't have inventories, notably. I've had best luck sticking an item router beside a harvester and just putting dummy items in all the slots of the router but the one I connect my itemduct to, and that seems to work pretty good.

Ninja Edit: Alternately itemducts will stick to hopper outputs and hoppers under MFR harvesters/composters work fine.

American Dad
Mar 28, 2004
All of the items from my harvester end up in my ducts. Works great.
e: and my composters

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

chairface posted:

Itemducts won't connect to some MFR stuff that doesn't have inventories, least I haven't found a way to make em. MFR Harvesters & Composters output items but don't have inventories, notably. I've had best luck sticking an item router beside a harvester and just putting dummy items in all the slots of the router but the one I connect my itemduct to, and that seems to work pretty good.

Ninja Edit: Alternately itemducts will stick to hopper outputs and hoppers under MFR harvesters/composters work fine.

Hoppers work :ms:

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Mr Scumbag posted:

I've been having fun in Big Dig but I'd like to tweak the ore spawn rates to make it a tiny bit rarer. Can anyone give me pointers on how to go about that? Thanks!

Go to %appdata%\.technic\bigdig\config\cofh and edit the world.cfg file.

Squirrelo
Mar 3, 2008

Dunno-Lars posted:

Try this one:http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/wobbe-pack.215524

Running a server based in Sweden if you want to join, and I will share the server pack once I get to my computer.

Dunno1987 on Steam and skype if you have questions or want server ip :)

Edit: It is a small server with me, a real life friend and Nastyman on here. It could fit more people, and you dont have to actually play with us. Rules are simple, only borrow from others if they have lots of it and dont intentionally break stuff.

Pet peeve of mine, but could you list what mods are in the pack on the main description page? Leaving it a mystery to be found out when downloaded is generally A Bad Thing.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Squirrelo posted:

Pet peeve of mine, but could you list what mods are in the pack on the main description page? Leaving it a mystery to be found out when downloaded is generally A Bad Thing.

Agreed. It's also really nice if there are links to the homepages/MCF threads for the mods, but that's somewhat less critical.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Since I couldn't find any Forge-compatible mods to limit my playtime, I dug up the Forge API and made my first ever Minecraft mod. I've been using it for about a week, and it seems stable enough, so I'm releasing it to the world as-is.

TimedCraft v0.1

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Squirrelo posted:

Yeah, I know. I just haven't bothered, since it's mostly been a private pack with just a couple of people. But, updated the description now.
And uploaded server (once dropbox finishes). But enough advertising about modpacks.

When do you guys think that 1.7+ modding will happen? And will they ever reach Minecraft 2.0, or go back to 1.0 again?

Dunno-Lars fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 30, 2013

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
IGNORE ME

kerpow
Jan 13, 2006

Dunno-Lars posted:

Yeah, I know. I just haven't bothered, since it's mostly been a private pack with just a couple of people. But, updated the description now.
And uploaded server (once dropbox finishes). But enough advertising about modpacks.

When do you guys think that 1.7+ modding will happen? And will they ever reach Minecraft 2.0, or go back to 1.0 again?

I think we're waiting on MCP to be updated before 1.7 mods exist. As for version numbers... they don't work that way. 1.10 is what comes after 1.9.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

kerpow posted:

I think we're waiting on MCP to be updated before 1.7 mods exist. As for version numbers... they don't work that way. 1.10 is what comes after 1.9.

Aha, counter point: https://help.ea.com/article/simcity-updates

But you are right, 1.10.# is more likely then 2.#.#

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Is there a way to unlock all research in Thaumcraft 4 at once? I cannot possibly describe how un-fun I find this tedious horseshit.
I remember there being an admin-only item for this, but nothing in NEI is catching my eye as the one I want.

edit: Nevermind, the Cheat Sheet was disabled in my configs. :doh:

Fortis fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/view/02393_1.7.2-R0.1/ Bukkit for 1.7.2 was just released.

god drat phone editing ....

fondue fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Dec 1, 2013

• Locked thread