Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

radge posted:

ok cool

It has to be Steven Fulton's face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radge
Jan 21, 2005

http://footballtaxhavens.wordpress.com/2013/11/24/celtic-fc-getting-sucked-into-the-labour-party-co-operative-bank-scandal/

Looks like Celtic have been financial doping along with Hearts/Rangers.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Looks like the Hibs crew (me and radge) will get the last laugh after all.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Yes I totally believe a site which bolds ever other word and which consists entirely of made up rubbish about Celtic. I mean one of the other articles is about the planning permission on the brother walfrid statue for fucks sake.

Here's an example of the pish

quote:

UEFA are gradually implementing their Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations. The Scottish football authorities stand condemned of running a fixed game if they do nothing to erase this cloud of suspicion. Surely Celtic can have been seen to have been financially advantaged by their low interest Co-operative Bank £34 million loan at 1.5%. Again fair-minded fans should contact UEFA & the SFA/SPFL to call for inquiries.

Because negotiating a good rate on the mortage on the training ground is exactly the same as £90 million tax fraud.
:rolleye:

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

jre posted:

Because negotiating a good rate on the mortage on the training ground is exactly the same as £90 million tax fraud.
:rolleye:

Nobody is saying that it's the same.

But if the stuff on the site is true, which I'm not saying it is, then it's a little bit more than "negotiating a good mortgage" and it's a little ignorant to label it as such.

However, I'm not convinced the site is providing 100% facts. As a Rangers fan, I'm used to blogs like this popping up and trying to create a massive situation.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Haggis Heed posted:

Nobody is saying that it's the same.

But if the stuff on the site is true, which I'm not saying it is, then it's a little bit more than "negotiating a good mortgage" and it's a little ignorant to label it as such.

However, I'm not convinced the site is providing 100% facts. As a Rangers fan, I'm used to blogs like this popping up and trying to create a massive situation.

It is all made up pish, and old pish at that. It's a new version of Celtic have 34 million of secret loans and are going bust. This started because some retard tried to interpret the accounts and didn't understand that having a £20 million overdraft facility doesn't actually mean you are £20 mil in debt .

It just been give a new spin with the coop bank chair being caught out.

radge
Jan 21, 2005

The brother walfrid statue is a strange one given the birth of Celtic symbolises the end of his charity work.

Statues of John Glass and Pat Welsh would be more apt given their ideals are more representative of the ideals Celtic were founded upon.

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like
:love:moray cup:love:
:love:sheep:love:

:love:haim:love:
Surely a Jim Torbett statue is most in keeping?

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

northward posted:

Surely a Jim Torbett statue is most in keeping?

Surely that'd be more appropriate outside of Ibrox, in keeping with the fact that Rangers fans must be the only people in the world who see it as appropriate to celebrate the abuse of children?

Seriously, apparently it's not alright to laugh at Munich, Hillsborough, Heysel, the Ibrox Disaster or any other of the multiple situations where fans and/or players have died, but it's perfectly alright to jest about lives ruined, families broken and dreams shattered by child abuse?

Because that's what you're doing. You're belittling the victims, laughing with the abuser and championing the vile deeds of one man. All in the name of attempting to take a "moral high ground" that you can barely see from your position in the midden of humanity.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
it's just banter

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
lol this thread is amazing. Anyone have anything to say about football, ever? Even one post every ten pages about a result would be a nice break.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Rotherham have bid for St Johnstone super striker and current second top SPL goal-scorer Stevie May. It's probably a right insulting bid and tbh I'd never have known where Rotherham was on a map until now and I don't think Stevie is a world class striker but 'cmon.

He's scored more than McGinn, Boyd and Commons this season who had fair cracks at decent English teams so I hope he's a saintee till May at least.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The Clit Avoider posted:

Surely that'd be more appropriate outside of Ibrox, in keeping with the fact that Rangers fans must be the only people in the world who see it as appropriate to celebrate the abuse of children?

Seriously, apparently it's not alright to laugh at Munich, Hillsborough, Heysel, the Ibrox Disaster or any other of the multiple situations where fans and/or players have died, but it's perfectly alright to jest about lives ruined, families broken and dreams shattered by child abuse?

Because that's what you're doing. You're belittling the victims, laughing with the abuser and championing the vile deeds of one man. All in the name of attempting to take a "moral high ground" that you can barely see from your position in the midden of humanity.

Haha, comparing mass death to boys having their willy touched by a sick old man.

Celtic Football Club: Always offended, Never Ashamed.

gently caress up.

radge
Jan 21, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmGjiokfQ2A

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

Haggis Heed posted:

Haha, comparing mass death to boys having their willy touched by a sick old man.

gently caress up.

He also misinterprets me thinking its funny: its not, but it is a symbol of Celtic. That along with the subsequent cover up

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

Haggis Heed posted:

gently caress up.

In some ways child abuse is worse than death since the victims have to live with the consequences their entire lives, not just the members of their family. It's both a psychological and physical abuse.
Also, I could go into how each of those tragedies has had conspiracy, culpability, or even complacency linked to it; but the actual point was more along the lines of the fact it's unacceptable for anyone who's human to laugh at the grave misfortune of others, except apparently when they're children. I also listed those disasters because people have been banned from these forums for bringing them up.

Child abuse is repugnant for multiple reasons, not least because it is an action against vulnerable members of society. You are now laughing at vulnerable members of society who are also victims, now twice over.

I am not a representative of Celtic Football Club, nor do I speak for them. And I'm not offended either, I'm just appalled at your complete lack of intelligence and basic humanity.

radge
Jan 21, 2005

The Clit Avoider posted:

In some ways child abuse is worse than death since the victims have to live with the consequences their entire lives, not just the members of their family. It's both a psychological and physical abuse.
Also, I could go into how each of those tragedies has had conspiracy, culpability, or even complacency linked to it; but the actual point was more along the lines of the fact it's unacceptable for anyone who's human to laugh at the grave misfortune of others, except apparently when they're children. I also listed those disasters because people have been banned from these forums for bringing them up.

Child abuse is repugnant for multiple reasons, not least because it is an action against vulnerable members of society. You are now laughing at vulnerable members of society who are also victims, now twice over.

I am not a representative of Celtic Football Club, nor do I speak for them. And I'm not offended either, I'm just appalled at your complete lack of intelligence and basic humanity.

Your posting is worse than death because I have to live with the consequences of having read this rambling drivel of an overreaction for the rest of my life.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

T. Finninho posted:

lol this thread is amazing. Anyone have anything to say about football, ever? Even one post every ten pages about a result would be a nice break.

I am looking forward to seeing Rangers extend their 100% record tonight Finn. It is going to be great stuff.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Swankie gonna boss the Gers.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
This is the best thread on this forum in this goon's humble opinion.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Ramagamma posted:

Swankie gonna boss the Gers.

Looking forward playing Hearts next season. It's going to be great.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

The Clit Avoider posted:

p good post/av combo there as well.

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

The Clit Avoider posted:

We are laughing at you for your shite posts

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

This thread is a wasteland of garbage posts, the mentally ill, ironic trolling and utter poo poo. It's closed for a while until I figure how it never gets this way again.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Reopened for now, keep the discussion to football or I'll ban you. Thanks everyone.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I was at the top of squeaky bum mountain when Celtic came out the draw there. Was sure it was time for is to meet that mhob again.

Oh well. There's always the next round.

Draw for the Scottish Cup 5th round

Alloa Athletic v Dumbarton
Clyde or Stranraer v Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Hibernian v Raith Rovers
Albion Rovers v Stenhousemuir
Brechin City or Forfar Athletic v St Johnstone
Celtic v Aberdeen
Dundee United v Queen of the South or St Mirren
Rangers v Ayr United or Dunfermline Athletic

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
The one year, the ONE YEAR we're looking like having a shot at the cup or at least a decent run we get saddled with Ra Sellick in the fifth round.

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK

Coohoolin posted:

The one year, the ONE YEAR we're looking like having a shot at the cup or at least a decent run we get saddled with Ra Sellick in the fifth round.

The final is at Celtic Park. How cool would it be to win there against Celtic... and against Rangers in the final?

OUR YEAR.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
You could sell tickets to the police trying to plan for it.

For all the bravado coming from some quarters, I really hope we avoid celtic for as long as possible. There's no way that team is ready, and the back line is looking more and more worrying (Wallace excluded). Let's hope Dunfermline get trounced by Ayr so there are still some players left come January and ally can't buy anybody.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'm going to assume its a no but has rangers spending been in any way remotely sustainable?

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Scott Bakula posted:

I'm going to assume its a no but has rangers spending been in any way remotely sustainable?

No.

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK
They're losing about a million quid a month. Not spending, losing.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Coohoolin posted:

It's a crap draw for both teams, the only thing worse for Celtic would have been Inverness

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Scott Bakula posted:

they bought nearly a whole new team for Division 3, a part-time league. After promotion they then proceeded to buy nearly a whole new team for Division 2, a part-time league.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Babby Thatcher posted:

they bought nearly a whole new team for Division 3, a part-time league. After promotion they then proceeded to buy nearly a whole new team for Division 2, a part-time league.

Ally McCoist is talking about needing fresh blood for January because he didn't buy enough players in the summer. We have 40+ professional footballers.

The other worry is that he will refuse to blood in youngsters like McAusland, Gasparatto and Stoney because he's afraid to lose the WWWWWWWWWWWWWWW form he's got at the moment.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
They just barely managed to secure a last-grasp win against Falkirk thanks to Falkirk going down to 10 men.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Popehoist posted:

They just barely managed to secure a last-grasp win against Falkirk thanks to Falkirk going down to 10 men.

Still won though. Against stubborn opposition.

If McCoist brings in more players in January, I'll be utterly disappointed. We've practically won the league already, if we continue the way we're going, along with a few expected dropped points over the next few months, we should have the league officially tied up by the end of February. If he doesn't use the few months between then and the end of he season to play the promising youngsters and give them a bit of experience then he's a loving idiot. No rangers fan is bothered about a 100% record. We just want to be in the SPL again ASAP.

The squad we have just now is easily a top 6 SPL standard squad. And if he feels he needs to add to it he's loving clueless.

We'll get back to the SPL. But if Ally is still in charge then I'm genuinely worried we won't be able to compete.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

The problem is going to come from players like McAusland looking at Ricky loving Foster getting games and thinking 'England looks quite nice'. We're primed to be gutted by smart managers down south in League One and Two.

Borogrove
Apr 12, 2008

Chick young claiming at half time that Celtic destroying Hearts was bad for Scottish football. Doubt he said anything remotely similar when Man City were destroying Spurs the week before.

Also, Hearts are poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scotlander
Jun 22, 2013
Anyone here had a chance to see Gauld play in the flesh? I'm stuck across the pond but from the youtube highlight reels the kid looks like the real deal, a type of player we've not produced in years. How much of it though do you think is down to the quality of players being as low as it is. Could he make the step up to Liverpool or Man Utd. like the papers are suggesting?

• Locked thread