Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
It's such a shame too, I love the idea of the juggernaut trait, where you strap on a huge god drat flamethrower, hunker down and just light the world on fire, but in practice it just sucks. I've been playing my engineer alt alot (in sPvP mostly) since I started again and the only thing that's marginally usefull is the push-back and the smokescreen. If they doubled the damage on the flame-thrower 1 and it had a stability on the smokescreen or or something, it would alright I think, but it would need some sort of amazing buff to be useful.

E: Holy shitballs, I wrote this in my sleep I think

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Dec 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mosthated
Dec 15, 2012
From John Davis:

Citizens,
This Friday, December 6th, at 2pm PST (22:00 GMT), we’ll be airing the first episode of “Ready Up”, the PvP team’s new bi-weekly livestream that focuses on just about everything PvP.
In the first episode, we’ll be talking about the following things:

John Corpening (PvP Team Coordinator) will joining me for a Q&A on today’s blog-post that details our development plans going through the end of this year and into the next. Feel free to respond below with any questions you might have on the recent blog post and we’ll try to answer as much as we can!

Hugh Norfolk (PvP Game Designer) will be showing off the first wave of PvP reward changes going in with the December 10th update.

Karl McLain (Skill and Balance Coordinator) and Roy Cronacher (Skills Designer) will be previewing eight brand new never-before-seen healing skills, available in PvP, WvW, and PvE!
For future episodes, we’ll be using Ready Up to preview upcoming changes, recap tournaments, get feedback on things in development, and much much more!
You can find the stream at http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2
We look forward to reading your questions, and we’ll see you Friday!

So 8 new healing skills. Hmm interesting. Maybe more type of condi heal heals?

Edit: The reason for healing skills vs other skills (elites) is because they claim it better promotes build diversity.

Mosthated fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Dec 3, 2013

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
New helms/minis on store:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Grenth_Hood_Skin - [&AgESuwAA]
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stag_Helm_Skin - [&AgELuwAA]

Someone said the horns are enormous on charr.

edit: okay lol

Secret Sweater fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Dec 3, 2013

stevenlwong
Aug 13, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

And wonderful pubbies.

"I'm starting to think SFD isn't just a troll guild, but they are actively working for other servers" -Maguuma Public Mumble, 2013

When they started to complain about the fireworks too it was fairly amusing.

"These fireworks need to go... I keep picking them up instead of looting"

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

King Dead posted:

I think I've probably asked this question 20 times throughout GW2's existence but, is Flamethrower Engie still really lovely?

It's not fantastic but you can make it work with Elixir Gun and Rocket Boots, just kiting big mobs around and never letting them hit you with all the gap openers you get.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Imagine a brawl where maguuma wins a close victory, but there are so many fireworks it interferes with ressing and looting to the point that there are literal firework bucket chains to get rid of them.

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Bauxite posted:

Imagine a brawl where maguuma wins a close victory, but there are so many fireworks it interferes with ressing and looting to the point that there are literal firework bucket chains to get rid of them.

gently caress Scarlet's toxic spores, this poo poo needs to be the living story.

e;

Mosthated posted:

Edit: The reason for healing skills vs other skills (elites) is because they claim it better promotes build diversity.

You know what else would promote build diversity? More weapon options. What ever happened to that?

dromer fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Dec 3, 2013

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

stevenlwong posted:

When they started to complain about the fireworks too it was fairly amusing.

"These fireworks need to go... I keep picking them up instead of looting"

I'm actually seriously considering what the pubbies accuse us of. This could possibly create some nice cash flow for SFD's shield fund as well as make an entire new metagame.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

dromer posted:

You know what else would promote build diversity? More weapon options. What ever happened to that?

Can't do this until Warriors get Monkey Grip. Greatsword/Hammer :ssj:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

dromer posted:

That's more work than making a bunch of heals that will be used either by nobody or by everybody (except warriors because healing signet). Actually gently caress it, just give everybody healing signet, anet.

Cephid
Dec 28, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm actually seriously considering what the pubbies accuse us of. This could possibly create some nice cash flow for SFD's shield fund as well as make an entire new metagame.

Last night it was logging into the public mumble; joining Panda's WvW Train channel and whistling into the microphone until banned at the IP level by admins. Only for whomever it was to show up later in the evening after having changed IP Addresses and starting it over again.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Cephid posted:

Last night it was logging into the public mumble; joining Panda's WvW Train channel and whistling into the microphone until banned at the IP level by admins. Only for whomever it was to show up later in the evening after having changed IP Addresses and starting it over again.

God bless Holander, SFD's guild cat and resident skeleton expert.

Mosthated
Dec 15, 2012

Cephid posted:

There were some pretty angry folk for that whistling. I found it rather soothing. Keep up the good work buddy!

Cephid
Dec 28, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

I hadn't been in mumble the entire night so only experienced it once but it was damned annoying; since my computer can be heard in the living room I wasn't the only one who found it annoying.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

CLAM DOWN posted:

The funnier (sadder? creepier?) thing was just how much the pubbies were drooling over Live Chat Bot's.. bot... impression. I swear when she busted out the ~uguu anime princess~ voice I heard a dozen flies unzipping. :gonk:

"Sooooo... I want to get to know you better. What's your build, Live Chat Bot?" - A pubbie actually said this

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Secret Sweater posted:

New helms/minis on store:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Grenth_Hood_Skin - [&AgESuwAA]
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stag_Helm_Skin - [&AgELuwAA]

Someone said the horns are enormous on charr.

edit: okay lol

I cannot wait to throw money at this.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

WarLocke posted:

The funnier (sadder? creepier?) thing was just how much the pubbies were drooling over Live Chat Bot's.. bot... impression. I swear when she busted out the ~uguu anime princess~ voice I heard a dozen flies unzipping. :gonk:

"Sooooo... I want to get to know you better. What's your build, Live Chat Bot?" - A pubbie actually said this

:barf: I thought I left that poo poo behind in STO.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

tarbrush posted:

:barf: I thought I left that poo poo behind in STO.

God no, this is an MMO we're talking about here.

SFD is pretty good at fighting that poo poo though.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Anyone else got Engi alts for some fumigation roleplay? :getin:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

King Dead posted:

I think I've probably asked this question 20 times throughout GW2's existence but, is Flamethrower Engie still really lovely?

Back when they inquired with the community about the balance changes next week, I took the opportunity to make a long post about all the things that were wrong with Flamethrower (it was actually worse than I initially thought once I really got down analyzing it). Jon Peters claimed that they read every post and that the Engineer Firearms line was in need of an overhaul as well as the Deadly Mixture trait being weak.

While the scope of the overhaul was too great for next week's balance patch, whenever it comes is when we'll most likely see the long overdue changes to Flamethrower.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
I know someone who does a flamethrower build on her engineer. Abuses Juggernaut, HGH, Kit Refinement, Napalm + Magnetic Inversion, basically runs around fights with 20+ stacks of Might at all times.

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.

WarLocke posted:

To be fair this question was posed in a funny way and seemed in on the joke/ironic. Live Chat Bot also got a ton of tells as if I was Siri asking about update schedules and poo poo. Sinful Panda reaaaaally disliked Anime Princess, so maybe I'll work on adding more Scarlet knock-off dialog to the soundboard and see if that is an improvement. v:v:v

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
So from wait, if I'm reading this correctly some pubbies fell in love with a soundboard bot? I have to transfer over to Maguuma.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Your readings were always the best :allears:

Beck
Dec 8, 2003

Cuddly Tumblemumps posted:

To be fair this question was posed in a funny way and seemed in on the joke/ironic. Live Chat Bot also got a ton of tells as if I was Siri asking about update schedules and poo poo. Sinful Panda reaaaaally disliked Anime Princess, so maybe I'll work on adding more Scarlet knock-off dialog to the soundboard and see if that is an improvement. v:v:v

There's a 99% chance that people were flirting with live chat bot as a joke but goons just like to buy into it.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Beck posted:

There's a 99% chance that people were flirting with live chat bot as a joke but goons just like to buy into it.

Knowing how disgusting of a human being some of the pubbies on Maguuma are, I'd say you're falsely inflating that percentage.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
I hit rank 40 before getting my self imposed challenge of getting champion magus on a dagger ele. Someone kill me.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Seems kind of annoying that they're going to be adding new skills that have to be unlocked before they're usable in sPvP. Probably not a big deal for now, but it's another little tweak to the original philosophy of everyone in PvP always being on exactly equal footing. I mean sure, it probably won't matter for now when they add a handful of crappy heals or something and people can easily unlock them with the massive backlog of skill points that everyone has saved up, but it's definitely a change.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

BobTheJanitor posted:

Seems kind of annoying that they're going to be adding new skills that have to be unlocked before they're usable in sPvP. Probably not a big deal for now, but it's another little tweak to the original philosophy of everyone in PvP always being on exactly equal footing. I mean sure, it probably won't matter for now when they add a handful of crappy heals or something and people can easily unlock them with the massive backlog of skill points that everyone has saved up, but it's definitely a change.

Oh yeah, they're totally throwing in the towel on their basic idea behind spvp. But I think everyone who cared about that or took it seriously stopped playing a year ago.

I'm just glad my three wolf moon finisher will be a legacy to my nerdiness forever.

Cheeze Kuyeh
Jul 5, 2008

i am monocle
The highest rank at the moment is Phoenix so there's a real chance that there'll only by a handful of people that can ever use the dragon finisher. Most of whom will probably never play again.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
So is it one new heal per class?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Yup, preview friday i think.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Cheeze Kuyeh posted:

The highest rank at the moment is Phoenix so there's a real chance that there'll only by a handful of people that can ever use the dragon finisher. Most of whom will probably never play again.

The Phoenix finisher is awesome. Its like twice the size of any of the other ones.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I've been playing nothing but Skyrim for a week for some reason but I'm having serious FOMOSFD. I think.

Mexplosivo
Mar 8, 2007

The monetary system is not ratified by society yet it shapes and dictates our entire existence...
How many pvp ranks are there?

Mosthated
Dec 15, 2012
This is what was datamined some time ago from the .dat file. Take it with a pinch of salt, as these things obviously always are subject to change.

-Water Spirit: Spirit. Summon a water spirit that grants nearby allies a chance to heal when attacking. Aqua Surge: Heal yourself and cause your water spirit to heal nearby allies.
-Signet of Vampirism: Signet Passive: Siphon life from enemies that strike you. Signet Active: Mark an enemy. Allied players will steal life from that enemy.
-Signet of the Ether: Signet Passive: Heal yourself based on the number of active illusions you control. Signet Active: Heal yourself and refresh all phantasm skill recharges.
-Litany of Wrath: Meditation. Heal yourself. For a brief time, you heal each time you strike an enemy, based on a percentage of damage dealt.
-A.E.D.: Gadget. Activate your A.E.D., enabling the system to heal you after a brief period of time. If your health drops below 1%, you are healed for a massive amount and your A.E.D. is deactivated. Static Shock: Use your A.E.D. to stun an enemy.
-Arcane Brilliance: Arcane. Blast the target area, hitting foes with critical damage and healing yourself. Healing effectiveness is increased per target hit.
-Skelk Venom: Venom. Your next few attacks heal you.
-Defiant Stance: Stance. Absorb all incoming strikes for a period of time. All incoming attacks heal you.

I took this right off someones post on reddit.

Just based off the names of the skills you can guess what class they are going to:

Ranger
Necro
Mesmer
Guardian
Engi
Elem
Thief
Warrior

Mosthated fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 4, 2013

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

kafziel posted:

I know someone who does a flamethrower build on her engineer. Abuses Juggernaut, HGH, Kit Refinement, Napalm + Magnetic Inversion, basically runs around fights with 20+ stacks of Might at all times.

Oh I promise you: they're not abusing anything. The FT damage, even with those might stacks, is trash.

I say this as someone who's bent over backwards to make FT work, and briefly had a broken build with it. Those days are long, long gone, though.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 4, 2013

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Mexplosivo posted:

How many pvp ranks are there?

The highest level described in game is 80, Dragon rank. Afaik nobody has reached it and nobody knows what the finisher looks like. Whether there are ranks after that actually in game yet nobody knows, but I want to say at one point there were spots for glory vendors up to 100.

Mexplosivo
Mar 8, 2007

The monetary system is not ratified by society yet it shapes and dictates our entire existence...
Oh, i thought i had like 2 or 3 more "floors" to go in heart of the mists once i reached level 20 :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
I made the goon spvp guild thing Sponsored by Mangosteen [Goon] that you'll never need to represent but useful to see who actually enjoys esports mode and is online for teams and hotjoin screwing around. Just message Laziness.5921 if you want in. I made it so any rank can invite so when I kill myself trying to finish up Champion Magus the list can still be used by other people.

Turncoat Mommy fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Dec 4, 2013

• Locked thread