Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Last night, I dreamt I brushed a horse!

Really solid episode, and I like that their circumstances are forcing out character pairings that we haven't gotten much of. I'm all for more Winston and Cece time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Democratic Pirate posted:

I almost threw up

That was really disgusting.

Great episode though!

Grooveh
Apr 14, 2007
Why yes, I do enjoy banana bread muffins.

I made this GIF before I noticed the thread title quoted the same lines. :monocle: I love the words that come out of Schmidt's mouth.

Here's a couple more I made from older episodes this season.

Grooveh fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 28, 2013

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Nick's dead fish dinner is extra hilarious because of his feelings towards seafood and fish in general.

I too had an audible gag when Jes was trying to choke the fish down.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I hope they pursue the Cece Winston friendship more. That could be a funny side mine.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Jess looks disturbingly like Abed in that Batman costume.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Probably my favourite episode this season, though Coach still feels out of place.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
This season is a bit saccharine for me. I don't think it's always been this sentimental and cheesy.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Ravel posted:

This season is a bit saccharine for me. I don't think it's always been this sentimental and cheesy.

Really? Nick is constantly questioning whether he's losing his true self (for better or worse) in his relationship with Jess. Winston's ex-girlfriend's cat that he stole is the currently the center of his universe. Schmidt is in the worst place he's been in the whole series, dealing with the repercussions of being an enormous dick to two women and his best friends, and simultaneously isolating himself by moving out but still attached with an umbilical tether to the loft because he can't move on from either Cece or his friends. Jess is finally getting back on her feet careerwise but finds herself having to babysit a manchild who's often too proud to accept help when he needs it.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Going to need a gif of Schmidt eating the scat and that little gag he does afterward!

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Grooveh posted:

Here's a couple more I made from older episodes this season.

Possible to avatar-size this?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Max Greenfield and Jake Johnson are seriously two of the funniest people on television.

The dinner with Nadia scene will probably forever be my most favorite scene ever.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Mordiceius posted:

Max Greenfield and Jake Johnson are seriously two of the funniest people on television.

The dinner with Nadia scene will probably forever be my most favorite scene ever.

"Ice skate for fun and not to save lifes!"

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mordiceius posted:

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I have never heard animal feces called scat before, so that scene was kinda confusing.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
A goon never having been in the woods (or outside in general), color me shocked.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Popelmon posted:

"Ice skate for fun and not to save lifes!"

Wilmer Valderrama.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Was there an episode tonight?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Democratic Pirate posted:

Was there an episode tonight?

No, it was a rerun of the season premiere.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

No, it was a rerun of the season premiere.

Corkscrew
May 20, 2001

Nothing happened. I'm Julius Pepperwood. Let it go.
"Nixonjeans?! What the hell are Nixonjeans?

...they sound really cool..."

also

"Aw it's veggie. I did all that for nothing?"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
These last few episodes have all been on fire. So far I think this is shaping up to be the best season. Season 2 lost me a little about halfway in -- I felt it was getting a little too slapsticky and maybe a little over-focused on Schmidt -- but they seem to have hit the perfect balance now. I'm also glad they haven't made every episode about Nick & Jess having some sort of major issue or milestone in their relationship. It's fitting right into the show's chemistry while also adding something new.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

:lol: Can this be made avatar size? I'd use it.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
After the Super Bowl we're getting New Girl with a little Purple Rain.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Holy. poo poo. :woop:

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
How did they swing THAT!?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Boywhiz88 posted:

How did they swing THAT!?

Prince called them. So it wasn't hard.

Corkscrew
May 20, 2001

quote:

Which means that the 55-year-old music legend (who has won seven Grammy Awards, a Golden Globe and an Academy Award) actively sought to appear on a Fox sitcom about twentysomethings who live together in a Los Angeles loft.

Whoops. Not like one of the main points of the show is that they're all 30+ or anything.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Corkscrew posted:

Whoops. Not like one of the main points of the show is that they're all 30+ or anything.

And we all know Prince doesn't age. He's not 55.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Corkscrew posted:

To be fair, they act very much like twentysomethings.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Nick miller nick miller from the streets of Chicago

SAAAD SOOONG

(sorry I've had this in my head all day for some reason)

Saddest song in the wooorld!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Prince called them. So it wasn't hard.

Sorry, didn't see that. Just glimpsed the article. That's funny as hell. Now I just wonder what else Prince likes.

Corkscrew
May 20, 2001

Timett posted:

Nick miller nick miller from the streets of Chicago

SAAAD SOOONG

(sorry I've had this in my head all day for some reason)

Saddest song in the wooorld!

I love the outtakes from that scene where nobody can keep it together when Schmidt is like "you my family DAWG"

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Corkscrew posted:

I love the outtakes from that scene where nobody can keep it together when Schmidt is like "you my family DAWG"

Is this on youtube? Link?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Boywhiz88 posted:

Sorry, didn't see that. Just glimpsed the article. That's funny as hell. Now I just wonder what else Prince likes.

Not the internet, that's for sure.

Corkscrew
May 20, 2001

PaganGoatPants posted:

Is this on youtube? Link?

Season 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWfywCaAmMk
Season 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUKWH2ewrGY

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Watching the season 2 gag reel reminded me how many side characters they threw in last year. It seems to be something they've backed off a little in season 3, and I'm glad. There were some good ones, like Cece's nerdy boyfriend, but I'm enjoying the smaller circle of friends they're working with now.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
I would love to see Nadja again, though.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Tupping Liberty posted:

I would love to see Nadja again, though.

Ice skating for fun, not to save life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Boywhiz88 posted:

Ice skating for fun, not to save life

#mcmouse

• Locked thread