Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

No home should be without one.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

So did anyone see the Cosby special?

It was exactly what you think a new Cosby special would be. Didn't break any new ground. Think Himself from a 76-year-old perspective. His delivery is rock solid as ever. I liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Anybody who reads twitter needs to go to Kinane's account tout fuckin' suite. Short version of the story is that he noticed way back on Nov 25th that after he said something negative about Pace Salsa they started following and favoriting his tweets, started experimenting because he was bored to see if the trend would continue (it did), asked for free salsa....and somebody may have been fired over cussing him out.... absolutely amazing. Scroll to about 6 hours ago. https://twitter.com/kylekinane

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Holy poo poo Miles hopping back in on the conversation from home is amazing.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

nerve posted:

Holy poo poo Miles hopping back in on the conversation from home is amazing.

My favorite part had to be "What's up, Arby's?".....followed by Arby's FOLLOWING HIM.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Looks like Pace spun it into a pretty effective publicity stunt now.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DannoMack posted:

Looks like Pace spun it into a pretty effective publicity stunt now.

IT MADE IT INTO WIKIPEDIA! https://twitter.com/kylekinane/status/407355538557509633/photo/1

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Dec 2, 2013

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
So I just got back from the Eric Andre show at the echoplex and holy poo poo that was pure chaos. I got hit in the face with a bowl of spagettios. Watched them egg a kid on to yell hateful things about his teacher and call him racial slurs, and saw a grown rear end man drink Kreyshawn's breast milk. Highly recommended if you enjoy to pay people to assault you.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The_Rob posted:

So I just got back from the Eric Andre show at the echoplex and holy poo poo that was pure chaos. I got hit in the face with a bowl of spagettios. Watched them egg a kid on to yell hateful things about his teacher and call him racial slurs, and saw a grown rear end man drink Kreyshawn's breast milk. Highly recommended if you enjoy to pay people to assault you.

Eric Andre is a national treasure.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Kreyshawn was there?! Jealous!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

soggybagel posted:

Kreyshawn was there?! Jealous!

Yeah she was utterly confused the entire time. Even more so when the entire audience screamed at her for like a minute straight.

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon
Kreayshawn is lactating?

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp
Didn't it turn out that Randy Liedtke was behind the Pace_Foods account?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Shovelbearer posted:

Kreayshawn is lactating?

She just had a baby and that is generally what women do after that happens.

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon

The_Rob posted:

She just had a baby and that is generally what women do after that happens.

I don't think I'm alone in not knowing that Kreayshawn had a baby, and this was a way of asking.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

roach cum puddle posted:

Didn't it turn out that Randy Liedtke was behind the Pace_Foods account?

Yes, and Kinane acknowledged it on Twitter. He got free salsa from another company, though, so it's all good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Shovelbearer posted:

I don't think I'm alone in not knowing that Kreayshawn had a baby, and this was a way of asking.

I'm sorry man I was just giving you a hard time.

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon
You rascal.

Doughbaron
Apr 28, 2005
I've loved Maria Bamford for a long time, but I still can't wrap my mind around how good "Ask Me About My New God!" is. I listen to a lot of stand-up while working but when that album comes on I cannot get anything done. I know the best comedy often comes from suffering, but her ability to turn patriarchy, mental health, alienation, depression, and a variety of other issues into profound yet hilarious statements is really awe inspiring.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Doughbaron posted:

I've loved Maria Bamford for a long time, but I still can't wrap my mind around how good "Ask Me About My New God!" is. I listen to a lot of stand-up while working but when that album comes on I cannot get anything done. I know the best comedy often comes from suffering, but her ability to turn patriarchy, mental health, alienation, depression, and a variety of other issues into profound yet hilarious statements is really awe inspiring.

I played the section where she describes what anxiety feels like for my husband. It described my brain so much better than I ever could.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The best comedy, IMO, is the stuff you relate to. I relate to a bunch of Kyle Kinane's stuff, so I enjoy it more than somebody who doesn't (I think, feel free to correct me). When Maria Bamford talked about how she talked herself out of suicide by pointing out that, if all of your ideas are poo poo, the idea of committing suicide must be a poo poo idea, too, I related, because I've been there. Sometimes when things get really lovely, I revisit that internal conversation. I got dumped a couple weeks ago, and the first few days were HORRIBLE.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea when I heard that bit all I could think about was how I talked myself out of suicide by being too much of a pussy about every method I thought of and eventually realizing if I'm able to think about how swallowing a bottle of pills could suck I probably have something to live for.

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?
Just bought tickets to see Kyle Kinane and Bill Burr and I'm super pumped! I've only seen Kinane as an opener and Burr do a drop-in, can't wait to see full sets from these guys. Hurray live comedy!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

BobTheCow posted:

Just bought tickets to see Kyle Kinane and Bill Burr and I'm super pumped! I've only seen Kinane as an opener and Burr do a drop-in, can't wait to see full sets from these guys. Hurray live comedy!

Would love a report about how much new material Kinane is using. That dude is absolutely on fire with pretty much everything he's in the last couple years.

Thrillhou
Dec 28, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Would love a report about how much new material Kinane is using. That dude is absolutely on fire with pretty much everything he's in the last couple years.

I don't know how long he has been doing this set, but I'd say he is getting ready for a new special. I saw him live in November and it was all new material. He didn't really do any crowd work or anything, just a really solid, polished set. I don't know how much of his new stuff is on Youtube, but seeing him perform the new stuff live is definitely worth it. He did probably an hour and thirty minutes of material I hadn't heard before, and absolutely killed (this was in Boston/Somerville where he is pretty popular.) It's all really accessible stuff except for one bit about how pillows look without pillowcases, so I assume he is getting it ready for Comedy Central, etc...

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

I saw him in Chicago like a month ago and it was an hour of new material.

Or at least stuff that wasn't on either of his albums.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MauveTrousers posted:

I don't know how long he has been doing this set, but I'd say he is getting ready for a new special. I saw him live in November and it was all new material. He didn't really do any crowd work or anything, just a really solid, polished set. I don't know how much of his new stuff is on Youtube, but seeing him perform the new stuff live is definitely worth it. He did probably an hour and thirty minutes of material I hadn't heard before, and absolutely killed (this was in Boston/Somerville where he is pretty popular.) It's all really accessible stuff except for one bit about how pillows look without pillowcases, so I assume he is getting it ready for Comedy Central, etc...

I heard a bit of the pillow stuff on Carmen Esposito's show, Put Your Hands Together. He also did a bit about how he and his sister had to eat the brazil nuts in the house as fast as possible because of their uncle continually reminding them about what they used to be called.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea when I heard that bit all I could think about was how I talked myself out of suicide by being too much of a pussy about every method I thought of and eventually realizing if I'm able to think about how swallowing a bottle of pills could suck I probably have something to live for.

Ha, this doesn't bode well for me then I suppose. Good.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

I heard a bit of the pillow stuff on Carmen Esposito's show, Put Your Hands Together. He also did a bit about how he and his sister had to eat the brazil nuts in the house as fast as possible because of their uncle continually reminding them about what they used to be called.

That's AMAZING.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Bo Burnham has a new free special that is pretty funny in my opinion! I actually never watched one of his specials all the way through but I really liked this :shobon:

I also can't place who it is that's doing the voice samples at the end, it sounds like Adam Pally and/or Brett Gelman maybe?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Bo Burnham is someone I really like but I really thought I would hate for some reason. I think there's something about his face that reminds me a little too much of YouTube superstars.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Bo Burnham has a new free special that is pretty funny in my opinion! I actually never watched one of his specials all the way through but I really liked this :shobon:

I also can't place who it is that's doing the voice samples at the end, it sounds like Adam Pally and/or Brett Gelman maybe?

I listened to the voice samples and I can't place it either and now it's killing me. Definitely not Adam Pally and it doesn't have quite the right twinge to be Brett Gelman. Possibly Seth Morris but doubtful. Someone help!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Reformed Pissboy posted:

I dunno if y'all are jokin or not but I'm psure the voices are Bo.

Anyways this special is one of the best things I have ever seen and Bo Burnham is a genius. Amazing show, glad I watched it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

Bo Burnham is someone I really like but I really thought I would hate for some reason. I think there's something about his face that reminds me a little too much of YouTube superstars.

Literally everything about Bo I should hate, from his speaking voice to his face to him being a 'singing comic' and all, but yea I fuckin love that stupid rear end in a top hat.

vizanto
Jun 1, 2011
I think it helps that he's aware that he people should hate him and he doubles down on the self-deprecating in response but he puts so much work into his stuff and it really shows.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

cams posted:

I dunno if y'all are jokin or not but I'm psure the voices are Bo.

Anyways this special is one of the best things I have ever seen and Bo Burnham is a genius. Amazing show, glad I watched it.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were him doing voices, but they sounded normal enough that they immediately triggered some "hey, I know this voice" reaction. I'm not the best at this kinda thing though obviously!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

vizanto posted:

I think it helps that he's aware that he people should hate him and he doubles down on the self-deprecating in response but he puts so much work into his stuff and it really shows.

I think that's it, like the dude accepted long ago 'everything about me is punchable, I better make a very real effort to show I understand and that's ok'.

Plus, yea the fact that he puts a ton of work into his stuff, it's really hard to hate it.

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis

Al! posted:

Was that not how he got his break?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Yay Pudding! posted:

Was that not how he got his break?

It is, I remember a friend showing me his Youtube stuff.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
SF Sketchfest is drawing nigh. My wife and I are definitely going to several shows (still haven't figured out which ones: the Andy Daly and Tony Hale ASSSSCAT is sold out, unfortunately, as is the Key & Peele Tribute :( ). Any other Bay Area goons have plans to go, and if so, what are looking forward to?

For me, The Andy Daly Show preview is something both my wife and I really want to see, but sadly our schedules aren't going to allow it. (I might wind up going by myself, though.) But we can still catch Adam Scott doing The Greatest Event in Festival History, Matt Besser doing a live I4H, and Huebel and Scheer doing a Facebook Improv, and those are just what jumped out over a cursory look at the schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I saw James Adomian tonight and he was hilarious. I had heard him on a bunch of podcasts but never really listened to his stand-up. He's great!