Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Just picked this game up. How do I find goons to play with?

Harr. Bitch, go buy an Xbone already so you can get high and tell me about opera in that sultry voice of yours while I follow you around refilling your P90 mags. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I did the opposite, I signed up for battlegoons and never posted in the thread.

Got an angry PM for it too. :(

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
There's no reason to play anything other than Engineer. gently caress your tanks/boats/planes, I will ruin your life.

jmorelli
Feb 24, 2010
Does the battlelog battlescreen work on anyone's PC while playing on Xbone? whenever i click it in the bottom on the blue bar it just pops up a window w/ a promo to use a tablet.

I don't have a tablet (except kindle fire which doesn't have the app), but would be great to have the full map on my laptop while playing on the tv.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

sba posted:

I did the opposite, I signed up for battlegoons and never posted in the thread.

Got an angry PM for it too. :(

More like an auto-generated form PM. Just trying to provide customer service, man.

jmorelli posted:

Does the battlelog battlescreen work on anyone's PC while playing on Xbone? whenever i click it in the bottom on the blue bar it just pops up a window w/ a promo to use a tablet.

I don't have a tablet (except kindle fire which doesn't have the app), but would be great to have the full map on my laptop while playing on the tv.

That only works on tablets for no reason at all.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Daric posted:

There's no reason to play anything other than Engineer. gently caress your tanks/boats/planes, I will ruin your life.

I think of this every single time I die trying to c4 a tank.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
Playing the new China Rising maps makes me wonder if :dice: would also bring some BF:Vietnam maps. The new map where the fog descends is loving beautiful (and awesome to fly in a helicopter shooting at mans among rice paddies)

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Beelzebozo posted:

More like an auto-generated form PM. Just trying to provide customer service, man.

I know, I was just kidding :)

Bruc
May 30, 2006

Daric posted:

SLAMs might be my favorite gadget across all BF games. Mines and C4 rolled into one is so awesome, I can't bring myself to level other classes on anything but locker and even on that I am always tempted to gently caress around with the EOD bot.

nummy
Feb 15, 2007
Eat a bowl of fuck.
Great OP Beelz! Thanks. (Thanks for the stats site too, you're awesome)

Is there any way to join a friend's game from the Commander app?

Sometimes I'll play commander if my wife is watching TV, and it would be nice to play with fellow goons.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Bruc posted:

SLAMs might be my favorite gadget across all BF games. Mines and C4 rolled into one is so awesome, I can't bring myself to level other classes on anything but locker and even on that I am always tempted to gently caress around with the EOD bot.

I tried Jihading with Slams on the hood of a jeep but they don't always explode when you want them to. I rolled up under a tank and then got killed waiting for them to blow up.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

nummy posted:

It made me download the Battlelog app and join through there, which then opened the Commander app back up. It's kind of dumb, but it worked and you can do all the customization poo poo through the Battlelog app for loadouts and whatnot if you want.

I ended up on the opposing side and we stomped my friend's team mercilously :)

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

nummy posted:

Sometimes I'll play commander if my wife is watching TV, and it would be nice to play with fellow goons.

You can join as commander through the battle log app if you have both installed. I think it throws you on a random team in that game though

nummy
Feb 15, 2007
Eat a bowl of fuck.

Pleads posted:

It made me download the Battlelog app and join through there, which then opened the Commander app back up. It's kind of dumb, but it worked and you can do all the customization poo poo through the Battlelog app for loadouts and whatnot if you want.

I ended up on the opposing side and we stomped my friend's team mercilously :)

Question #2...

Do you have to be friends on battlelog, or is friends on PS4/XBone sufficient?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I'm not sure how that all works but this was someone I had only added as a PSN friend, nothing special through the Battlefield social stuff.

Bruc
May 30, 2006

Daric posted:

I tried Jihading with Slams on the hood of a jeep but they don't always explode when you want them to. I rolled up under a tank and then got killed waiting for them to blow up.

Yeah I found it really inconsistent on jeeps as well, but you should try throwing them on a Rhib boat. 3 on a Rhib will kill big enemy boats and it seems to work 100% of the time. It's also way easier to do because you're just rolling around in the open water. My friend and I did it on one round of Paracel storm and ended up with 20 kills apiece doing nothing but SLAMing boats, the only times we failed were when we got caught by enemy helis because nobody in the big boats seem to ever look behind themselves. It also got me my first rage message which is always a great feeling.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

nummy posted:

Question #2...

With Battlelog integrated into the game it pulls your PSN friends from your profile. There shouldn't be a need to be Battlelog friends.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

nummy posted:

Glad you appreciate it. :glomp:

nummy posted:

The Battlelog app has separate sections in the friends list for Battlelog/Origin friends and PS4/Xbone friends (if they've linked to their Battlelog) and then each of those broken down by online and offline. As was mentioned, you can use this to join a friend's server as Commander on the tablet, but you can't ensure placement on their team or switch teams (but they can switch to your team).

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
If you thought Guilin peaks looked like the movie avatar before, just wait till you see it on attack chopper air superiority.

nummy
Feb 15, 2007
Eat a bowl of fuck.

Beelzebozo posted:

Glad you appreciate it. :glomp:

The Battlelog app has separate sections in the friends list for Battlelog/Origin friends and PS4/Xbone friends (if they've linked to their Battlelog) and then each of those broken down by online and offline. As was mentioned, you can use this to join a friend's server as Commander on the tablet, but you can't ensure placement on their team or switch teams (but they can switch to your team).

I didn't notice that before, but I'll check next time. I'm pretty blind most of the time.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Just shot down a helo with an RPG, all the :dice: bullshit was worth it.

Is there a way to filter out the full dice servers on PS3? I have to scroll for 2 minutes to find an open server, then wait to join, lose connection immediately, start over.

Samswing
Jan 8, 2009

:dukedog:
Just picked this up and I'll probably get premium tonight so I can hang with the tattered remains of the xbros. Nothing like spending a nice evening listening to a bunch of stories about making GBS threads yourself/others.

Also I promise to stop playing TDM like a filthy pubbie shitlord once I unlock some more stuff.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
I swear, I die to my team mates more than anything in air superiority. I'll be right behind someone, widdleing them down to low health and then a team mate will try to steal my kill and fly right into me.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.

red19fire posted:

Just shot down a helo with an RPG, all the :dice: bullshit was worth it.

Is there a way to filter out the full dice servers on PS3? I have to scroll for 2 minutes to find an open server, then wait to join, lose connection immediately, start over.

Yes and no in my experience. There is a filter but it doesn't always work iirc it's "1-5 slots open"

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Blimps in air superiority are OP.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
God drat the suav is the perfect anti sniper gadget for flood zone I love how many easy kills I get just slamming it into all the roof snipers

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Daric posted:

Jihadding seems a bit spotty right now. I've definitely experienced a fully loaded c4 vehicle crashing into a vehicle, exploding when I set it off and doing no damage to the target vehicle. Sometimes it'll even push the vehicle up when they collide, i set it off and it just alerts them to my presence and I get shot in the face.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
They made battlelog actually useful on consoles this time around. I didn't realize that battle screen and looking at server lists on battlelog actually worked when not on pc.

The mortar is awesome in this game. I was playing a round in dragon valley and the entire other team was defending d point for the bomber, and I just kept getting mortar kills. Having the mortar be remote controller is also cool because it lets you be in the action and supporting the action at the same time.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Beelzebozo posted:

That only works on tablets for no reason at all.

It works on my laptop/PS4 combo. :confused:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

V for Vegans posted:

They made battlelog actually useful on consoles this time around. I didn't realize that battle screen and looking at server lists on battlelog actually worked when not on pc.

The mortar is awesome in this game. I was playing a round in dragon valley and the entire other team was defending d point for the bomber, and I just kept getting mortar kills. Having the mortar be remote controller is also cool because it lets you be in the action and supporting the action at the same time.

Yeah thanks to whoever told me how to actually use the mortar well it's awesome even though the stupid battlelog hasn't updated from my marathon session last night. Probably because I crashed every. loving. Single. Game.

I was in a squad with a few of you on locker early on and of course I crashed and couldn't get back in. Doing a coordinated squad attack on the rear points on that map is a thing of beauty.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everytime a helicopter gets hit by one loving missle and the driver bails before realizing people can actually repair them in this game makes me rage incredibly. I loving hate pubbies.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

HAHAHAHAHHAHA :dice: gets a spot bonus on falling EA stock.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

How do I play China Rising maps? Do I have to wait for them to come up randomly? And I can't find out where to look to see how much more recon exp I need for the SUAV.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
I was dreading getting three jet ribbons last night and after 8 rounds of air superiority pretty much gave up on that route. I ended up getting all three in one round using the attack jet on Golmud Railway. The enemy team kept filling up the gunship, and that thing is butter to the attack jet's guns. :getin:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

the truth posted:

How do I play China Rising maps? Do I have to wait for them to come up randomly? And I can't find out where to look to see how much more recon exp I need for the SUAV.

I had to look it up, too, the SUAV is achieved by killing a mans with the bomber. How do you find the bomber?

Set your filter to be only CR maps. Find the bomber RV at C on any of the bigger maps, it's got a satellite on it and has an airplane logo when you come up to the door. You get 4 chances to drop bombs with a 5 second delay. Drop them bombs at any enemy-held objective, or on the bomber RV itself because there's usually someone waiting outside the door to kill you. Took me 2 tries, on a map with about 8 players total.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

V for Vegans posted:

It's really great when you get pinned down by a sniper or holed-up machine gunner and you just duck behind cover and vaporize them with a mortar strike.

Also, mortaring yourself from across the map is by far the manliest way to redeploy.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
Is there any way to speed up the mortar reloading?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Pudgygiant posted:

Is there any way to speed up the mortar reloading?

Use an ammo box (not ammo pack) to give yourself a new mortar entirely. When you place it down, it should be full of ammo.

Wonder when they're going to patch that one out.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
That's what I thought, but I don't get a new mortar from it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Yeah but if you do that you can't booby trap it with a claymore to take out the angry sniper who just spent 5 minutes running across the map to destroy a dumb mortar that I'm going to replace immediately anyways.

• Locked thread