Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

Scorpion 3-2 posted:

There is no modlist showing up for me.

Yeah. I failed to read the non-existent documentation on solder, so I'm in the process of repairing the pack to a state where I can re-link it to solder. Should be good by the morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

So I have a problem with my modpack and server... It's MFR.

Currently, using either a mob grinder or a rancher on a compatible creature straight crashes the server, and client if you do it in single player.

Tried updating to latest beta build, but nothing. And I really don't want to sign up on the minecraft forums, and I don't know how Jenkins work with bug reports.

Is this a mod error, or something I have done and can thus fix?

Please help :(

http://pastebin.com/y1Fe7D6d

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Dunno-Lars posted:

So I have a problem with my modpack and server... It's MFR.

Currently, using either a mob grinder or a rancher on a compatible creature straight crashes the server, and client if you do it in single player.

Tried updating to latest beta build, but nothing. And I really don't want to sign up on the minecraft forums, and I don't know how Jenkins work with bug reports.

Is this a mod error, or something I have done and can thus fix?

Please help :(

http://pastebin.com/y1Fe7D6d

I was getting this crash and it turned out to be Artifice causing the problem, so update that to the latest build if you have it.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

Walliard posted:

I was getting this crash and it turned out to be Artifice causing the problem, so update that to the latest build if you have it.

That fixed it, thank you! :)

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

I'm getting started with Buildcraft machines so that I can start automating a lot of boring tasks. It seems straightforward enough (especially with some of the extra Forestry and Additional Buildcraft Objects additions), but I have one point of concern: what happens when one part of my assembly line produces items faster than the next part can consume them? Do the pipes automatically stop pumping items out of the previous stage, or is there any way to do that? I'd ideally like to stop production when one part is taking too long so that I don't wind up choking my server with a billion bundles of wheat stuck in pipes.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

blastron posted:

I'm getting started with Buildcraft machines so that I can start automating a lot of boring tasks. It seems straightforward enough (especially with some of the extra Forestry and Additional Buildcraft Objects additions), but I have one point of concern: what happens when one part of my assembly line produces items faster than the next part can consume them? Do the pipes automatically stop pumping items out of the previous stage, or is there any way to do that? I'd ideally like to stop production when one part is taking too long so that I don't wind up choking my server with a billion bundles of wheat stuck in pipes.

Items will fall out of the pipes and onto the ground. This is one of many reasons that BC is terrible and you should use something better. TE, AE, EXU, etc. There are many superior choices.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Generally any overflow items get dumped out on the ground at the end of the pipe. Other than designing you network specifically to handle this you can build the entire thing over a lava pit so they drop down and get destroyed or run a secondary network with vaccum (obsidian?) pipes at the trouble spots that sucks up the extra items and handles them.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Taffer posted:

Items will fall out of the pipes and onto the ground. This is one of many reasons that BC is terrible and you should use something better. TE, AE, EXU, etc. There are many superior choices.

Holy poo poo you weren't kidding, time to completely redo my biofuel distillery to take advantage of the fact that I can just upload and download intermediary products to my base's intranet. Thanks!

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Taffer posted:

And if you're holding out on BC for the Quarry, apparently Mekanism now has it's own version.

There's really no reason to use BC at all aside from using it as a dependency for other mods, although most of those are switching over to RF power.

Gollom
Mar 5, 2007
I pawned the precious
I'm still kinda surprised when I see people asking about Buildcraft stuff. Even before TE switched to its own power system, I thought people really only used Buildcraft for the quarry/because TE (and I guess Forestry/Railcraft) used its power. I guess the pipes are familiar for some people and cheap to build, but I hated everything about them. It was worth the extra cost/effort to build Redpower tubes, and definitely worth it now to build itemducts/AE networks. Or both, because only needing one export bus to feed multiple Pulverizers/Furnaces/Smelters is nice.

blastron posted:

Holy poo poo you weren't kidding, time to completely redo my biofuel distillery to take advantage of the fact that I can just upload and download intermediary products to my base's intranet. Thanks!

If you're playing a newer pack with Thermal Expansion, check out Itemducts as well. Kind of work like Redpower's tubes without requiring a million stupid finicky machines and arbitrary power systems and server killing timers/wire. Cheaper than AE, and if you aren't worried about a (slight) performance hit, you can have clear ducts. It's a lot of fun to watch stuff zip around your factories. That was my favourite thing about Redpower2's tubes, watching ore get macerated, smelted and then zip back down the line to my storage depot. I really like using them for automated farms especially, because having to run ME cable and multiple import/export buses gets expensive and tedious.

Also you should definitely use Fluiducts if you can, cheaper and easier to make in bulk than BCs pipes, and like everything about TE's transport systems, flexible as hell.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

So what tech-centric modpacks are out that are on 1.6? Big Dig and Tekkit are still on 1.5.2 and I'm not really familiar with the smaller packs.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey I'm trying to smush Never Stop Toasting and Luddite together, and I'm getting a crash on world gen (I took out Rei's and left in Map Writer)

http://pastebin.com/sNqJvjfv

Can anyone help me out?

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Turtlicious posted:

Hey I'm trying to smush Never Stop Toasting and Luddite together, and I'm getting a crash on world gen (I took out Rei's and left in Map Writer)

http://pastebin.com/sNqJvjfv

Can anyone help me out?

I do know that I had to remove Mapwriter and add Opis instead (which includes a custom version of mapwriter that's ahead of MW core in terms of bugfixes). Not sure if that's the same error but it fixed things for me.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

Dunno-Lars posted:

That fixed it, thank you! :)

I don't play multiplayer (I like big, chunky, unoptimized bases that would cause too much lag on a server) but I've been using your pack for my single player game and I really appreciate you maintaining it and making it available. :)

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Kirby? He'll be a fry cook on Dreamland.
For anyone using magical crops, I'll give you a bit of heads up on the config. The first 34 IDs in the config do not compensate +256, but the rest of them do. If you try to compensate for this manually by adjusting the first half and not the second half it will cause forge to poo poo it's pants. So when you're looking for a range to assign the IDs, make sure you find a range with at least 290 ID spaces open. It doesn't use them all, but you sure as poo poo need them.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Does anyone else regularly have problems with 1.6.4 Sphax textures? I've done everything right and only like half the textures I've put in work. Only half of Forestry works (bees and honeycombs and stuff), but none of the machines. I can't get anything from Buildcraft to work, either. I know I'm doing it right per 1.6.4 because some of the textures are coming in. Is there any general "rule" I need to follow? Some have "Assets" folders that go in nicely, others have "Mod" or "Textures" or other things that I assume I just need to stick in the same base folder with everything else. Do I need to break them down at all?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Whats the go-to pack for cramming as much poo poo into a pack as possible these days?

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Reason posted:

Whats the go-to pack for cramming as much poo poo into a pack as possible these days?

President Ark posted:

So what tech-centric modpacks are out that are on 1.6? Big Dig and Tekkit are still on 1.5.2 and I'm not really familiar with the smaller packs.

Never Stop Toasting (1.6) 178 mods (soon to be 180), most of them tech-based or expanding on the tech capabilities.

We have a thread up in PGS, too, if you'd like to come play with fellow goons.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

In Big Reactors using rednet control, how can I make control rods go above 15%? A max strength signal stops there. If I add duplicate controls on other channels the effect is not additive.

Erogenous Beef
Dec 20, 2006

i know the filthy secrets of your heart

Taffer posted:

In Big Reactors using rednet control, how can I make control rods go above 15%? A max strength signal stops there. If I add duplicate controls on other channels the effect is not additive.

You'll have to use one of RedNet's programmable control boxes to boost the signal from 15 to 100 (or higher, the reactor will cap it at 100 internally). RedNet's data range is a full 32-bit signed integer, so -2 billion to 2 billion. Minecraft's native redstone signal only goes from 0 to 15.

Similarly, if you read the temperature out, the signal strength can be in the hundreds or thousands, and you're receiving the raw temperature number in centigrade. Again, you can use the rednet logic box to scale this if you need it in the 0..15 range.

Or wait for 0.2.6A and do it via Computercraft.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Oh sweet, thanks. I didn't know the PRC did higher than vanilla levels. Is there an easy way to set an arbitrary analog out number via the PRC without inputs?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Big Reactors mod spotlight by Bevo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hpDmczcgGs

Might help some people out if you can stand his annoying laugh.

Erogenous Beef
Dec 20, 2006

Taffer posted:

Oh sweet, thanks. I didn't know the PRC did higher than vanilla levels. Is there an easy way to set an arbitrary analog out number via the PRC without inputs?

I think there's a "CONST" setting which provides a constant value, and it can go as high as 255. You can shift+click the number (or maybe it was shift+middle-mouse-click or something) to increase it faster.

I've been kicking Skyboy to fix that (and improve the PRC UI), as RedNet allows a much bigger range of data. Big Reactors is the only Rednet-compatible mod that uses the full data range, to my knowledge.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

fondue posted:

Terrain Control is what you're looking for. Multiple versions for 1.6.x and so far just a bukkit version that's still shaking out the bugs for 1.7.

I'm making a new map for my PvP server and the control is pretty nice.

FYI I'mma build my villain's lair right between those two giant stone tittys.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Erogenous Beef posted:

I think there's a "CONST" setting which provides a constant value, and it can go as high as 255. You can shift+click the number (or maybe it was shift+middle-mouse-click or something) to increase it faster.

I've been kicking Skyboy to fix that (and improve the PRC UI), as RedNet allows a much bigger range of data. Big Reactors is the only Rednet-compatible mod that uses the full data range, to my knowledge.

Beef, would it be possible to have an output on internal power storage over x% ?

Erogenous Beef
Dec 20, 2006

Tzarnal posted:

Beef, would it be possible to have an output on internal power storage over x% ?

Already planned for 0.2.6A, tracked here. :)

Edit: Does anyone know of a mod that can be used to build sweet elevators? I like building my stuff way up in the clouds, but trekking up and down between home and the salt mines sucks. Way back in 1.5.x I used Railcraft (yeah yeah, boo hiss, I know) and its powered vertical rails to make a minecart elevator system.

Is there anything that can, like, make a platform move up and down really far, really fast? Or, barring that, fast vertical minecarts?

Erogenous Beef fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Dec 9, 2013

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

Erogenous Beef posted:

Already planned for 0.2.6A, tracked here. :)

Edit: Does anyone know of a mod that can be used to build sweet elevators? I like building my stuff way up in the clouds, but trekking up and down between home and the salt mines sucks. Way back in 1.5.x I used Railcraft (yeah yeah, boo hiss, I know) and its powered vertical rails to make a minecart elevator system.

Is there anything that can, like, make a platform move up and down really far, really fast? Or, barring that, fast vertical minecarts?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1776056-164forge-extra-utilities-v102/

Has en elevator block I believe, but is more a vertical teleporter then and elevator. You could also use redstone in motion to create a real elevator like thing, but it would be fairly slow.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Hagop posted:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1776056-164forge-extra-utilities-v102/

Has en elevator block I believe, but is more a vertical teleporter then and elevator. You could also use redstone in motion to create a real elevator like thing, but it would be fairly slow.

Yeah honestly the elevator block is probably the best idea. Frames are slow and buggy unless Redpower in Motion significantly improved them, and minecart elevators are a pain to get working.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

mechaet posted:

Never Stop Toasting (1.6) 178 mods (soon to be 180), most of them tech-based or expanding on the tech capabilities.

We have a thread up in PGS, too, if you'd like to come play with fellow goons.

Is the new update going to have XACT Crafting? The changes it makes to vanilla crafting tables are really nice.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

bbcisdabomb posted:

Is the new update going to have XACT Crafting? The changes it makes to vanilla crafting tables are really nice.

Whenever he updates it beyond 0.4.2c, which doesn't work with MMPS, to a version that does work with MMPS it'll be right back in.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

Falcon2001 posted:

Yeah honestly the elevator block is probably the best idea. Frames are slow and buggy unless Redpower in Motion significantly improved them, and minecart elevators are a pain to get working.

RiM has significantly improved them. However they are still very slow.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.
Open blocks has a really neat elevator block in it too if you want something less 'cheaty' than extra utilities.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

wylker posted:

Open blocks has a really neat elevator block in it too if you want something less 'cheaty' than extra utilities.

So it turns out the Open block elevator is the one I was thinking of not the extra utilities one. If you want to go up and down fast with no research. tech tree, or need for non vanilla mats it is totally the way to go. However it is just a 20(configurable maybe) block up down teleport.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
So, Thaumcraft question... how does one manage Taint these days? I know about the Ethereal Bloom, but the description seems to basically say "This plant will purify tainted land. It can't purify taint directly. It can purify taint directly." :psyduck:
Am I supposed to put blooms on the outskirts of tainted biomes and slowly move in or what?

Also, do Mekanism machines still not auto-eject? I have it enabled on the right side of my factories and they are just not doing it. Each machine also has the left side configured as input, so I don't know what the gently caress.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Fortis posted:

Also, do Mekanism machines still not auto-eject? I have it enabled on the right side of my factories and they are just not doing it. Each machine also has the left side configured as input, so I don't know what the gently caress.

Mekanism tends to be a bit of a crapshoot for me, but I got it to work by not having 'Strict Input' or anything. In the little config menu, just turn Auto Eject on. And then use the Configurator to make sure the red [Output] side is touching the Blue [Input] side of the machine you want to eject into.
I don't think the Configurator is mentioned anywhere, but maybe that'll help?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Fortis posted:

So, Thaumcraft question... how does one manage Taint these days? I know about the Ethereal Bloom, but the description seems to basically say "This plant will purify tainted land. It can't purify taint directly. It can purify taint directly." :psyduck:
Am I supposed to put blooms on the outskirts of tainted biomes and slowly move in or what?

Going from Direwolf's tutorial, if you plant it on taint, it will cleanse a radius around it- fairly quickly, actually. I haven't used it myself.

It's in here somewhere: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKUp5Z1ygcw

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
Oh my god I need a modpack with Mariculture in, it has a FLUDD.

I didn't realize I wanted this till I saw it, and now I reaaaally want it.

AggroJagg
Mar 7, 2007
Hermits aren't broken, just favoured.
I've played mc a bit on the 360, but have decided all this modding malarkey sounds like too much fun. Is minecraft available via somethng like Steam, or is it available only via the minecraft website?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

AggroJagg posted:

I've played mc a bit on the 360, but have decided all this modding malarkey sounds like too much fun. Is minecraft available via somethng like Steam, or is it available only via the minecraft website?

Only the website (as far as I know).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

AggroJagg posted:

Also Target sells Minecraft codes-on-a-card.

• Locked thread