Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
:effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
this may sound strange but not everybody who reads donates :rolleye:

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

Sham bam bamina! posted:

this may sound strange but not everybody who reads donates :rolleye:

i'm not here to judge your content leeching i'm just missing creepywales.jpg

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

RIP Nelson Mandela :smith:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Base Emitter posted:

i'm not here to judge your content leeching i'm just missing creepywales.jpg
oh i thought your point was that $15 != $3 and that wikipedia was wrong or lying or something

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

RZApublican posted:

wish wikipedia had been wrong or lying about that :smith::hf::smith:

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

RZApublican posted:

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Tiny Tower is a business simulation video game developed by NimbleBit for iOS and Android devices. In Tiny Tower, the player manages an expanding tower filled with virtual people, who are referred to as “bitizens”. The tower has multiple types of floors, all of which are randomly generated. The game is customizable, allowing the player to customize their bitizens, repaint new floors, or even evict bitizens. The goal of the game is to build the tallest of towers, which will attract bitizens to move in and work in any floor the player designates. On February 7, 2012, Tiny Tower reached 10 million downloads, so Nimblebit gave all Tiny Tower users 10 free "tower bux".[3] The game received a positive reception, reaching a score of 82/100 on Metacritic, with no negative reviews. In the App Store, Tiny Tower reached 4.5 / 5 stars, based on more than 155 thousand user reviews. Tiny Tower game received a positive reception, reaching a score of 82/100 on Metacritic, with no negative reviews. The game has many aspects, such as active and passive playing and pixel art graphics, making the game successful with recognition that includes iPhone Game of the Week, and was elected by Apple as The Game of the Year for iPhone in 2011. Tiny Tower released on June 23, 2011 for iOS devices and on November 16, 2011 for Android devices.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
tiny tower was the worst piece of poo poo

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Shaggar posted:

Yoot Tower supremacy

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Shaggar posted:

shaggar was right

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

RZApublican posted:

Yoot Tower supremacy

i miss regular old simtower tbh. one of the good ones. did you know it started out as an elevator simulator and then they added a tower building game to it? that's why the elevator timing settings got into such ridiculously spergy detail

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sagebrush posted:

elevator simulator
now there's a genre that shoulda taken off

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Sagebrush posted:

i miss regular old simtower tbh. one of the good ones. did you know it started out as an elevator simulator and then they added a tower building game to it? that's why the elevator timing settings got into such ridiculously spergy detail

i never could figure out the spergy elevator poo poo in sim tower

lots of red people in my towers

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Sham bam bamina! posted:

mass effect is my favorite

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

The scheduler in a Pentium 4 processor is so aggressive that it will send operations for execution without a guarantee that they can be successfully executed. (Among other things, the scheduler assumes all data is in level 1 CPU cache.) The most common reason execution fails is that the requisite data is not available, which itself is most likely due to a cache miss. When this happens, the replay system springs into action. The replay system signals the scheduler to stop, and then repeatedly executes the failed string of dependent operations until they have completed successfully.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

quote:

Veleniki is a village in Croatia.

that's the entire article

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Sham bam bamina! posted:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/elevator-source

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

The scheduler in a Pentium 4 processor is so aggressive that it will send operations for execution without a guarantee that they can be successfully executed. (Among other things, the scheduler assumes all data is in level 1 CPU cache.) The most common reason execution fails is that the requisite data is not available, which itself is most likely due to a cache miss. When this happens, the replay system springs into action. The replay system signals the scheduler to stop, and then repeatedly executes the failed string of dependent operations until they have completed successfully.

i dont know from logic gates and whatnot but this sounds like a bad policy

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

pretty sure thats what all modern cpus do

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
John Bain (born 8 July 1984), commonly known by his online alias TotalBiscuit, TotalHalibut and The Cynical Brit, is a British gaming commentator/critic on YouTube, and is known for being a professional caster for games such as StarCraft II and PlanetSide 2, as well as for his regular gaming commentary videos. According to Eurogamer, his video commentary on newly developed indie games and analysis of gaming news has led to him having a cult-like following.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

flatluigi posted:

John Bain (born 8 July 1984), commonly known by his online alias TotalBiscuit, TotalHalibut and The Cynical Brit, is a British gaming commentator/critic on YouTube, and is known for being a professional caster for games such as StarCraft II and PlanetSide 2, as well as for his regular gaming commentary videos. According to Eurogamer, his video commentary on newly developed indie games and analysis of gaming news has led to him having a cult-like following.

he's a "caster", huh? like, with a fishing rod, or does he cast the games with his bare hands?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Sham bam bamina! posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elevator_Action

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
This article is about a popular webcomic titled User Friendly. For the term used generically, see Usability. For other uses, see User Friendly (disambiguation).

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Recurring themes [edit]

• Tech-support jokes
• The computer game NetHack and its Amulet of Yendor
• The computer game Quake, often focusing on Stef's complete inability to play it
• On-and-off romance between A.J. and Miranda
• Illiad, the web comic writer, sometimes puts in a cameo appearance, often in the "nag-strips." He is usually represented as a guy with a paper bag over his head and two-eye holes poked through the bag.
• Rivalry between Sid and Pitr for being the smartest genius.
• Pitr's quest to be an evil genius and take over the world.
• Erwin's transfer between various corporeal machine embodiments for his artificial intelligence.
• The RIAA, MPAA, Microsoft, SCO Group, and other targets of geek ire.
• The disconnect between Stef's marketspeak and the geek lingo of the rest of the cast
• Llamas
• Butter

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

This article is about a popular [citation needed] webcomic titled User Friendly.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

i dont know from logic gates and whatnot but this sounds like a bad policy

Sweevo posted:

pretty sure thats what all modern cpus do

more-or-less correct

modern cpus are devil witchcraft & I love them

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

all of these organizations put together have a grand total of one elected official and it's a loving city councilor. it doesn't matter if your entire membership is fifty old hippies, you evidently still warrant a wikipedia page.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
The language still has active speakers today, and the Internet has sparked a renewal of interest in the language in recent years. A sample of 24 Idists on the Yahoo! group Idolisto during November 2005 showed that 57% had begun their studies of the language during the past three years, 32% from the mid-1990s to 2002, and 8% had known the language from before.[10]

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

The language still has active speakers today, and the Internet has sparked a renewal of interest in the language in recent years. A sample of 24 Idists on the Yahoo! group Idolisto during November 2005 showed that 57% had begun their studies of the language during the past three years, 32% from the mid-1990s to 2002, and 8% had known the language from before.[10]

hah, 8% of 24 is two people. well, technically 1.92 people, but maybe one of them is missing a leg or something. what a thriving linguistic community.

content:

One Klingon speaker, d'Armond Speers, raised his son Alec to speak Klingon as a first language, whilst the boy's mother communicated with him in English.[13] Alec rarely responded to his father in Klingon, although when he did his pronunciation was "excellent". After Alec's fifth birthday Speers reported that his son eventually stopped responding to him when spoken to in Klingon as he clearly did not enjoy it, so Speers switched to English.[14][15]

that poor child. :smith:

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Love_Boat_guest_stars
bascially every single person that was alive from 1977 to 1980whatever

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Yodzilla posted:

i saw Spamalot on Broadway and it was pretty decent but i couldn't shake the feeling that the entire production was a "wink and a nod hey you remember this joke??" thing. when the audience is laughing because they know their favorite scene is about to happen that's just kinda stupid

sort of like but not quite as bad as when i shamefully saw Dane Cook live when he came to my college and everyone knew every single joke he was going to tell that night. i wasn't even a fan and i knew every punchline. goddamn that sucked

well he's only written two punchlines ever so they're easy to remember

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i don't even know what part to quote

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

I notice that the page The walk of life may be deleted without third party confirmation that the walk took place. I understand the concerns of the publisher, however, as the Chief Executive of Abbey Solutions a leading third sector consultancy, I'm not in the business of creating something that didn’t happen, it would be detrimental to my business which is built on trust. I was the organiser of the walk and I assure you this expedition took place. I could suggest you contact Sir Bob Geldof who would confirm this or indeed Dire Straits group members or management company. Also you could contact George Galloway MP who came to the start of the walk as he was the CEO Of War on Want at the time a third world charity. A book is currently being written and I hope this will be published later in the year. I do understand the concerns of Wikipedia but I hope you can make an exception as this was quite a remarkable endeavor and deserves entry in to Wikipedia.
I await comments.
Regards
John Abbey

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i really ought to replace it with an article about the dire straits song

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

mark knopfler supremacy

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Book: The Walk of Life to be published in 2009[dated info] in memory of Brian Seymour who died from a Brain Tumor aged just 26.
Sources [1]

They literally cited "Sources"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
george galloway isnt a reliable source on what time it is, let alone any question of fact