Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.
According to the stats on the Battlelog, each guns have a set of attachment that you will unlock after a set number of kills. After those specific attachment are unlocked, you will get a battlepack with random parts and boost after each group of 50 kills until everything else is unlocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Feenix posted:

What most one do to get a weapon pack? I've run an Ak5C most of my 26 levels and never gotten one.

You get one weapon battle pack every fifty kills after 190... So 240, 290, etc.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

losonti tokash posted:

People who get super angry about lock on weapons are why I love just lasing a tank or plane and watching the driver have a nervous breakdown trying to avoid it.
Only outdone by watching a chopper full of people veer wildly to the side and smash into the ground in a flaming inferno. I'm sure there's some zen thing about the deadliest weapon being the one never fired or something. :ocelot::confuoot:

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!

IceOrb posted:

Some great games tonight with nuclear cheetos, kloaked, wahnfrieden, hamburglur, phentyn, and robotisize.

China Rising is pretty great and surprisingly does not crash nearly as much as stock BF4. I think of the 10 something hours we were playing today only 1 crash happened during a CR session.

Also playing with a decent sized party has made it painfully clear how lovely it is trying to get a group together into one game.

I swear there was a way to invite everyone to a party in battlelog then drag them into the game on PS4.

And if there is and I'm missing something, please someone point it out cause loving poo poo. Takes like 30 minutes to get everyone situated, but after that it's all gravy.

Makes all the difference in the world playing with a squad that communicates. We won so many games simply because of the one or two goon squads working together. :cheers:

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Dantes posted:

+1

Also, learn to let go. Anything armored moving in means you are spotting the vehicle and then moving out, nothing in your tool box does more than scratching their paint and your useful tools, like smoke, requires brains and coordination. Pubby engies won't bother with your medkits anyway and once the vehicule is down you can always come back to try to heal them (good luck with that).

FTFY

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I am fairly certain it is physically impossible for attackers to win a full round of rush on hurt locker or whatever the map is called

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Requested_Username posted:

I am fairly certain it is physically impossible for attackers to win a full round of rush on hurt locker or whatever the map is called

Use v40 grenade, bring ammo pack to refill them = you clear out anyone standing in your way being near and defending an objective in right quick order on that map.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
Smokes and FLIR owns any infantry map, especially locker.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

tehinternet posted:

I really wanna try this, but I don't have IR sights for any of my guns yet :smith:

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

404notfound posted:

I really wanna try this, but I don't have IR sights for any of my guns yet :smith:

Find your favorite gun. I like the MG4. Random battlepacks would only give me FLIR for shotguns or snipers.

Play on locker. Get kills. Every 50 kills over 190 gives you a battlepack with three items for that specific weapon. You'll get lucky and get it on the first one like I did or you'll unlock everything for it and get it anyways.

I don't know if the IRNV sees through smoke too, I'm really hoping it does because a 1x scope would be better for infantry maps. FLIR is a 2x scope so it's still very usable in close up.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Played a little defuse on Locker last night and a Spas-12 with the FLIR scope was shredding people up.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Because I am stupid, can someone tell me if I am correct in thinking that to relive my shotgun pokeball wookie days, I need to play Support long enough to unlock shotguns, which will unlock that weapon for all classes?

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
That's correct, fortunately it's a very early unlock, shouldn't take you more than a game or two to unlock them.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Are slugs any good in this game?

I miss the days of sniping dudes with a SPAS in BC2.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

tehinternet posted:

Find your favorite gun. I like the MG4. Random battlepacks would only give me FLIR for shotguns or snipers.

I can't seem to find a Lmg I like. I think I like the rpk74, but I always lose firefights. I want to love the 240B because well it's awesome in real life, but even though it does damage, I don't hit anything and again lose firefights. I am using controlled bursts and stuff. I got the mg4 unlocked. Is the saw good enough to blow through the campaign for?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Xbox One and Party Chat

Party chat will not work and let you start audio-ing unless you do it before you open BF4 on your Xbone.

Turn on Xbone
Join Party
Join party chat
Open BF4.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

waah posted:

I can't seem to find a Lmg I like. I think I like the rpk74, but I always lose firefights. I want to love the 240B because well it's awesome in real life, but even though it does damage, I don't hit anything and again lose firefights. I am using controlled bursts and stuff. I got the mg4 unlocked. Is the saw good enough to blow through the campaign for?

LMGs aren't run n gun. They're very much dependent upon aiming down sight, and if you can find one you like, they're some of the best weapons in the game.

The last LMG you unlock is the MG4 which is an even better M249, it's recoil is super manageable. You're going to lose up close, so you have to play to the gun's strengths. LMGs are for more strategic play I suppose, you will win almost all mid range engagements thanks to the suppression.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Besny, you guys, why the hell are you playing rush? This is goddamned awful. Nothing but snipers across huge expanses of open field.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
We won a lot more than we lost, and I went 13-0 with mortars one round. That's why

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

10 Beers posted:

Besny, you guys, why the hell are you playing rush? This is goddamned awful. Nothing but snipers across huge expanses of open field.

That's why I don't even bother with rush in bf4. It uses to be my favorite mode but the maps don't seem to be designed for it at all and being an attacker feels like I'm stuck in sniper hell.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

10 Beers posted:

You should of gotten in party chat we were dying laughing for hours. I'm uploading videos to youtube right now, but Caesius had an amazing tank kill.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Chemmy posted:

You should of gotten in party chat we were dying laughing for hours. I'm uploading videos to youtube right now, but Caesius had an amazing tank kill.

I tried to, and it wouldn't let me. Is there a way to join a party without an invite?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

10 Beers posted:

I was Commanding that run and saw you going like 0-4 every time and thought, "oh boy, Flex is going to post some anti-Rush sentiments tonight!"

Pudgygiant posted:

We won a lot more than we lost, and I went 13-0 with mortars one round. That's why

Ah, I was wondering how you managed that. Mortaring, should've guessed. That's actually pretty helpful on Rush though, covering the MCOM in a hail of shells. I'm surprised nobody bothered countering you.

10 Beers posted:

I tried to, and it wouldn't let me. Is there a way to join a party without an invite?

You can still pull up the gamercard of a friend in the party and join there. That's at least one small aspect of parties they didn't manage to break.

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT

10 Beers posted:

Yeah, activity feed, go right, shows a list of parties. Do it before you start bf4 so you can join party chat.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

There's not really a counter to mortaring anymore since you can be miles away from it and instantly deploy another the moment it is destroyed.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Yeah, there's no way anybody is getting a decent wifi signal on a battlefield. Make it so you have to be within a certain radius to connect to the mortar.

Mortars are OP. :qq:

Why can't you use an undeployed mortar as a melee weapon? Just whack somebody with it.

Auxiliary Treats fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 9, 2013

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Beelzebozo posted:

I was Commanding that run and saw you going like 0-4 every time and thought, "oh boy, Flex is going to post some anti-Rush sentiments tonight!"

At one point while using the shock paddles to kill a guy de-arming the point I asked the group "I wonder if Beelzebozo has any idea about the ridiculous poo poo we're up to down here."

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

Use v40 grenade, bring ammo pack to refill them = you clear out anyone standing in your way being near and defending an objective in right quick order on that map.

Also C4-ing the destructible walls around those hallway choke points in the circular room when you know there's fuckers on the other side is also good for 3-5 kills at once :getin:

Does anyone else put slams/mines on the bollards on dawnbreaker/shanghai? Always great fun, nobody expects those to be up.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

The only time I got countered was a dude that paddled me while I was hiding in a corner near my mortar, can't be angry about that one.

Chemmy, what's your youtube, I missed a lot of the funny poo poo while I was mortaring

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Chemmy posted:

At one point while using the shock paddles to kill a guy de-arming the point I asked the group "I wonder if Beelzebozo has any idea about the ridiculous poo poo we're up to down here."

Nary a clue. You're just little ice skating Doritos from the distant serenity of Tac-Ops.

I had a bunch of people at my house watching football and decided that retreating to my den of solitude to join the ground shenanigans was probably over the line. But who knows what I'm doing on that iPad, right?! I'm probably just obsessively refresh camping my fantasy stats or something. Surely I'm not spamming UAVs and treating field upgrades like Pavlovian dog treat rewards for anyone who accepts an order.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Pudgygiant posted:

Chemmy, what's your youtube, I missed a lot of the funny poo poo while I was mortaring

I'm here for you dudes. I present: our adventures today!

Here's me torching a dude to death while he kills PTERRORSAUR:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekPrlX31aGk

Here's me falling off a cliff to defib a guy, I tried to defib the guy on the mounted launcher over there after and it didn't work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0swAccowKVw

I snuck up on this guy to defib him and Caesius ruined the whole thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7RrGpSAJz0

This is me getting fired out from under a tank by bringer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N4nMZnETQQ

Here's besny who loaded my bike up with SLAMs but they didn't go off so I improvised:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggmPEF2DO4o

And last but not least: two defibs followed by a big explosion. This is when I was wondering if Beelz had any idea what we were up to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KFsjJdmwFU

Give that last one a few seconds to process.

Chemmy fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 9, 2013

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I am just having no luck with conquest. Four games since I started playing and completely stomped despite doing the best on my team. :negative:

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Chemmy posted:

Here's besny who loaded my bike up with SLAMs but they didn't go off so I improvised:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggmPEF2DO4o

Still pissed I didn't get the kill on that

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I think the part where I get off the bike, look around, and then get back on the bike to jam it under the tank makes that video. In Caesius' video it's the audio of the guy going "ooouhhhufffff".

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

A couple of those close rounds were really loving fun. When this game works (and sometimes when it's hilariously broken) it's so good.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

The last video is fixed, I re-uploaded it.

Pudgygiant posted:

A couple of those close rounds were really loving fun. When this game works (and sometimes when it's hilariously broken) it's so good.

That's why I like Rush. It forces everybody at two objectives and unbelievably crazy stuff happens sometimes. Plus you feel like you can really take over a game like in our last round there where we finally stopped playing grabass and shut down those good squads that joined.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
Does anyone know how to check the entire list of assignments on the console? Thanks

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

I'm not sure what I missed, I got some battlepacks and I'm trying to access them through the Battlelog on my computer but my stats are all saying I'm still on the PS3 when I'm on the PS4 now so it's saying I have no packs to battle.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Green Puddin posted:

I'm not sure what I missed, I got some battlepacks and I'm trying to access them through the Battlelog on my computer but my stats are all saying I'm still on the PS3 when I'm on the PS4 now so it's saying I have no packs to battle.
Edit your profile on battlelog, and there's a tab that's "soldiers." Make the PS4 one the active one and you'll then go to him by default on all other battlelog pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

tehinternet posted:

I run with flares on operation locker just to ruin the lives of people who use FLIR, and for those who don't. It's just that bright and annoying.

• Locked thread