Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Muhammad#The BIG difference between GOD & God

There is now a trend to differentiate between GOD & God. Besides 'GOD' being a sign of the ultimate respect, there's a recent additional definition of GOD: the 'system as a whole'/the 'universal quantum computer'. It's been proven by the world's leading quantum computer researchers that not only do particles collide, they compute. Jews and Muslims generally have no problem with this new scientific definition of GOD. What about Christians? Where there is a computer, there are programs. And where there are programs, there is God (incarnate): the original and number 1 programmer. This article is rightfully locked. However, all the references to "God" should be changed to "GOD". - Ben Franklin 75.74.180.52 (talk) 19:00, 23 November 2013 (UTC)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

There is now a trend to differentiate between GOD & God. Besides 'GOD' being a sign of the ultimate respect, there's a recent additional definition of GOD: the 'system as a whole'/the 'universal quantum computer'. It's been proven by the world's leading quantum computer researchers that not only do particles collide, they compute. Jews and Muslims generally have no problem with this new scientific definition of GOD. What about Christians? Where there is a computer, there are programs. And where there are programs, there is God (incarnate): the original and number 1 programmer. This article is rightfully locked. However, all the references to "God" should be changed to "GOD". - Ben Franklin 75.74.180.52 (talk) 19:00, 23 November 2013 (UTC)

nobody should be allowed to use the word "quantum" without first passing a test to prove they know what it actually means

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

the guy who wrote that is also obsessed with adding bible references to the article on the number 74

quote:

I tweaked the following... In English Gematria with the key of A=1,B=2...Z=26, English=74=E5+N14+G7+L12+I9+S19+H8, gematria=74=G7+E5+M13+A1+T20+R18+I9+A1, the key=74=T20+H8+E5+K11+E5+Y25. Also, religion=74/89=R18+E5+L12+I9+G7+I9+O(15)+N14, Jewish=74=J10+E5+W23+I9+S19+H8, Jesus=74=J10+E5+S19+U21+S19, Muhammad=74=M13+U21+H8+A1+M13+M13+A1+D4. The ancient principle of Jewish gematria/Greek isopsephy/Arabic Abjad numerals/(hisab al-jummal) had/has the main principle of words with the same alphanumeric sum have a connect between them. 'Coincidentally', connect=74 and between=74. - Benjamin Franklin75.74.180.52 (talk) 15:50, 30 August 2013 (UTC)

It's still absurd; using English (Latin) numerology in regard Jewish, Christian, or Islamic works is absurd. — Arthur Rubin (talk) 03:25, 31 August 2013 (UTC)

Arthur: Wrong! And gematria is NOT numerology, although a numerologist can use it. A numerologist can also use your height and weight, but that doesn't make your height and weight numerology. But what's absurd is that you can't see the simple(74=S19+I9+M13+P16+L12+E5) connect(74=C3+O15+N14+N14+E5+C3+T20) between(74=B2+E5+T20+W23+E5+E5+N14) English(74) & Gematria(74). I'll bet $74 that you did no research on English gematria before revealing your ignorance on this topic (and possibly your prejudice) took over and you deleted something very important! 949OT. I even gave Wikipedia references to gematria, isopsephy, and Abjad numerals! I'm going to return the article to where it was before you deleted it and I ask you NOT to delete it again. And do some homework on a topic before you act like you are an expert on it! 42113B 1989T. - Benjamin Franklin 75.74.180.52 (talk) 12:27, 29 September 2013 (UTC)

Arthur: I just realized that even though you find "English numerology absurd", you just deleted my revision and left the absurd part! Where's the logic in that? - Benjamin Franklin 75.74.180.52 (talk) 13:25, 29 September 2013 (UTC)

You're right. I did leave the absurd part, as I thought there had been a source for it, even though absurd. It's gone, now. Under the circumstances, we need a comprehensible reliable source to include English "gematria". — Arthur Rubin (talk) 19:54, 29 September 2013 (UTC)

quote:

Legend of Osiris(74) and story of Moses

I added the following... *Egyptian legend of Osiris(=74=O+S19+I9+R18+I9+S19), Isis, Horus, Set + 70 others: 74 altogether. *Bible story of Moses, Aaron and his two sons + 70 elders of Israel: 74 altogether - Exodus 24:1. - Benjamin Franklin75.74.180.52 (talk) 16:56, 30 August 2013 (UTC)

Nonsense. Using English letters in regard an Egyptian god is absurd. — Arthur Rubin (talk) 03:24, 31 August 2013 (UTC)

Arthur: Your statement makes no sense. This is in English, so everyone - including non-scholars like yourself - are going to "use English letters in regard" to everything! Do you question the Egyptian religious story of 74: Osiris, Isis, Horus, Set & 70 others? Do you question the Biblical story of 74: Moses, Aaron and his two sons + 70 elders? Open any Bible to Exodus 24:1. It appears you have an anti-religious agenda here, correct? In your haste to erase Osiris=74 from the record, you deleted these easily confirmed truths. Your actions are the opposite of a scholar; you're are a destroyer of knowledge. You are in the same category as those who burned the Library of Alexandria and the Nazis who burned the books they didn't like! - Benjamin Franklin 75.74.180.52 (talk) 12:43, 29 September 2013 (UTC)

In regard the English spelling of "Osiris", the article points out that "Usiris" is an alternative spelling. Your reference to the story of Moses really is numerology, there is no Biblical indication that "74" is significant. What else have you got? — Arthur Rubin (talk) 19:58, 29 September 2013 (UTC)

quote:

"Selah" appears 74 times in the Bible (71 in Psalms and 3 in Habakkuk)

I added in -In Other Fields- *Selah appears 74 times in the Bible (71 in Psalms and 3 in Habakkuk. - Benjamin Franklin 75.74.180.52 (talk) 13:22, 29 September 2013 (UTC)

Trivial. The number of appearances of anything in the Bible, the Koran, or any other work, is trivial unless there are reliable sources for the significance. — Arthur Rubin (talk) 20:00, 29 September 2013 (UTC)

Sweevo fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Dec 10, 2013

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
http://www.wikigifs.org/

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Computer.gif

42nd_cabal.gif

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
goldmine

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i'm the spider fingers.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sweevo posted:

the guy who wrote that is also obsessed with adding bible references to the article on the number 74

hey it's losethos man

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

RZApublican posted:

hey it's losethos man

no his first name is terry iirc

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

There is two category of writing a song one is wanting and needing. In wanting is the want you want to create a character it can be group, two or just one person.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Songwriter

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
fourty two

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The tower is the highest viewpoint in Kuala Lumpur that is open to the public. The building is the landmark of Kuala Lumpur with arch-rival Petronas Towers.

petronas!!! :argh:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
is it a towers or an arch?!? not clear

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

prefect posted:

nobody should be allowed to use the word "quantum" without first passing a test to prove they know what it actually means

i think it's a good shibboleth. if someone uses the word "quantum" and they don't have at least a bsc in physics you can safely ignore everything they say

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Sagebrush posted:

i think it's a good shibboleth. if someone uses the word "quantum" and they don't have at least a bsc in physics you can safely ignore everything they say

but i actually understand what it means :(

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

no, you don't

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2100s_(decade)

check under 2101

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Sagebrush posted:

no, you don't

yes, i do

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
you botched the url but your post tells me everything i need to know without going there anyway

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

prefect posted:

how much

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

* 2300: Google's master plan to index all the world's information and make it searchable could be achieved, according to Eric Schmidt.[10]

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Carthag posted:

* 2300: Google's master plan to index all the world's information and make it searchable could be achieved, according to Eric Schmidt.[10]

NO I WON'T TELL YOU MY CHILDHOOD CRUSH, ERIC

and stay off my lawn

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i prefer the next decade

The lyrics to the song "2112" by rock band Rush take place in 2112. The album is also named 2112.

:rock:

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

2300 will be the year google unveils that they know everything you do and have for the last 290 years

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Carthag posted:

* 2300: Google's master plan to index all the world's information and sell it to advertisers could be achieved, according to Eric Schmidt.[10]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The International Time Capsule Society (ITCS), based at Oglethorpe University in Atlanta, Georgia, is an organization established to promote the study of time capsules.[1][2][3][4][5][6][7] Since 1990 it has been documenting all types of time capsule projects worldwide.[1][3][4][5][6][7]

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sham bam bamina! posted:

The International Time Capsule Society (ITCS), based at Oglethorpe University in Atlanta, Georgia, is an organization established to promote the study of time capsules.[1][2][3][4][5][6][7] Since 1990 it has been documenting all types of time capsule projects worldwide.[1][3][4][5][6][7]

source 2 really poo poo the bed on the second one, didn't it?

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008
40 animal deaths

(this is not about 40 animals that died btw that would be weird)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
i wanna go work for the california raisin advisory board

not because of any carreer ambitions; i just want business cards that say CRAB

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

im the nazi salute

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:DanTahHedgehog

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

My name is Dan, I'm thirteen, male, and I like drawing Sonic fan-comics. ... My favorite movies are Casablanca, Avatar and Citizen Kane.

:confused:

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
Casablanca is a boring movie. I watched it when I was 12.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
i didn't watch casablanca until i was 20 and i felt like i'd already seen every scene because of how ingrained it is in popular culture

still holds up though

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
yeah it's actually really good

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

syscall girl posted:

i didn't watch casablanca until i was 20 and i felt like i'd already seen every scene because of how ingrained it is in popular culture

still holds up though

i saw "play it again, sam" before i saw casablanca, and i still got almost all of the jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

prefect posted:

My name is Dan, I'm thirteen, male, and I like drawing Sonic fan-comics. ... My favorite movies are Casablanca, Avatar and Citizen Kane.

:confused:
"My favorite movie is Avatar, and I know that I'm supposed to say Casablanca or Citizen Kane instead."