Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Paracel Storm is a terrible map on Rush. As an attacker there's almost no way to gain a foothold on the carrier and get set up. You need to hope you're playing against a mega scrub squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

There is a 600 meg BF4 patch for the PS4 as of right now. I have no idea what it is supposed to fix.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

RCarr posted:

The server browser is usually pretty broken, just like most features of this game.

Speaking of this:

quote:

Investor Alert: Holzer Holzer & Fistel, LLC Announces Investigation into Electronic Arts, Inc.

ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Holzer Holzer & Fistel, LLC is investigating whether Electronic Arts, Inc. (“EA” or the “Company”) (NYSE: EA) and/or certain of its officers complied with the federal securities laws between July 24, 2013 and December 4, 2013. Specifically, the investigation focuses on statements issued during that time regarding the development and sales of the Company’s Battlefield 4 video game and the game’s impact on EA’s revenue and projects moving forward.

If you purchased EA common stock between July 24, 2013 and December 4, 2013 and suffered losses on that investment, you are encouraged to contact Holzer Holzer & Fistel, LLC attorney Marshall P. Dees, Esq. via email at mdees@holzerlaw.com, or via toll-free telephone at (888) 508-6832 regarding your legal rights.

Holzer Holzer & Fistel, LLC is an Atlanta, Georgia law firm that dedicates its practice to vigorous representation of shareholders and investors in litigation nationwide, including shareholder class action and derivative litigation. More information about the firm is available through its website, https://www.holzerlaw.com and upon request from the firm. Holzer Holzer & Fistel, LLC has paid for the dissemination of this promotional communication, and Corey D. Holzer is the attorney responsible for its content.

Contacts
Holzer Holzer & Fistel, LLC
Michael I. Fistel, Jr., Esq., (888) 508-6832 (toll-free)
mfistel@holzerlaw.com
or
Marshall P. Dees, Esq., (888) 508-6832 (toll-free)
mdees@holzerlaw.com

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20131209-908423.html?dsk=y

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

inSTAALed posted:

Woah, had no idea you could use the server browser to connect through the console. That is actually really cool. Will be so much easier to get parties together in games now!

Yeah, the Battlelog stuff on PC is extremely snappy with its response to what you're doing on the PS4, including using the server browser. Pretty handy.

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax

Enter Char posted:

This is why lock on weapons are the best in the game.

fuuuuuuck yoooou

Chemmy posted:

Paracel Storm is a terrible map on Rush. As an attacker there's almost no way to gain a foothold on the carrier and get set up. You need to hope you're playing against a mega scrub squad.

The key to doing anything on that map is to become a boat god, sorry I can't show you the way in virtual person Iscariot :|

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Latest console updates:

-General stability fixes that should remove a large amount of the client crashes we are currently seeing on the PS4
-Fixed the audio drop outs that could occur when playing on large maps. Typical map affected was Golmud Railway in Conquest with 64 players. Ambient sound would sometimes cut out, like foley sounds from player running, vehicle engine sounds, vehicle movement sounds, and map ambient sounds
-Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
-Further reduced the probability of getting a corrupt save file by doing miscellaneous changes to the save file system. These include removing the save file saving again when quitting multiplayer
-Fixed multiple crashes that could occur when bringing up the in-game Battlelog during round transition
-Fixed a crash that could occur when using the BattleScreen
-Fixed a random crash related to destroying vehicles
-Fixed minor destruction issues in the terrain

Who knows how many are actually fixed.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
*Gets hit by over 20 incoming missiles before getting destroyed*

Conclusion: Lock on weapons are too powerful.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Aishan posted:

If they remove lock on weapons, all helicopters should be one rocket hit kills.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Bring back the Bad Company 2 dart gun.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

RCarr posted:

Flood Zone by far. gently caress that map.

Correct.

inSTAALed posted:

Woah, had no idea you could use the server browser to connect through the console. That is actually really cool. Will be so much easier to get parties together in games now!

Wow, this is another thing that seems to be coming as a surprise to multiple people. I guess I'll add it to the OP.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Oh man… memories. :allears:

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax

Aishan posted:

Wow, really? I thought you were cool dude :\

The only reason he was up was because he had two repair drones, and he still managed to literally do nothing but get disabled and fly in a circle for the entire match. But getting upset at the repair speed in helicopters is stupid, because it's essentially treating the symptoms and not the cause. Balance lock-on spam versus air and the repair speed will be lowered, it's pretty simple. Of course, the attack helicopter doesn't even have the ability to be repaired mid-flight, and a similar video starring it would have lasted all of 3 seconds before it gets poo poo on by a weapon that requires literally zero effort from the user (BUT BALANCE!).

It's pretty obvious the quick repair speed in the Scout is a result of Dice realizing their air vehicles are awful garbage, and during the last minute of development asking the question 'but how can we get people not to notice?!' simple, add in a comically fast repair speed and hope the pilot constantly has a supply of repair drones, and for the attack helicopter? Well, whatever maybe next game.

crondaily posted:

If they remove lock on weapons, all helicopters should be one rocket hit kills.

The best part about this is that all the rocket launchers are ALREADY one hit kills, in addition to missile speed being made 3.5x faster then it was in BF3. But they've already opened Pandora's poo poo box of lock-on weapons, they sure as gently caress won't be removing them any time soon.

edit vvv: Who knows, aiming weapons manually is too hard for players these days, I guess. But I've seen your suggestion thrown around a lot on different forums, and obviously we already know it works, since these kind of games have existed for decades just off VADs/flak cannon type stationary weapons and without a torrent of awful, crutch lock-on weaponry.. somehow. I didn't even get started yet on active radar missiles (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbIKNlX4xgI), either!

Someguy fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Dec 11, 2013

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Fellatio del Toro posted:

If tracer darts were back, and there were destroyable VADS' at various control points, lock-on weapons could be removed without loving up the balance. Seriously why the hell did they get rid of these things? They worked great for anyone who knew what they were doing. Well, darts less so after the hosed with their speed twice, but still.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Dice would argue that it isn't "realistic" and wouldn't fit with setting. Then they let you be revived after being shot in the face with a tank cannon.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
I enjoy Flood Zone, for the most part. Worst map has to be either Dongbreaker or Hainan. Both are still miles beyond any BF3 map though

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
So I did some digging, and unless the video is faked, there is no megalodon on Paracel. It's a UFO.
Here's the vid.

So no giant death shark, just some spooky lights.

I also guess I have terrible choice in maps, because I hate OP Fartlocker, but enjoy Floodzone. :/

EDIT: I have to agree, Hainan is painful on most game modes unless you start mining the channels beneath the bridges. And even then, fighting near C is a pain in the rear end.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
That looks like a graphical glitch from where a lightpost was knocked down

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

Robot Randy posted:

That looks like a graphical glitch from where a lightpost was knocked down

I'm willing to believe that.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Enter Char posted:

Dice would argue that it isn't "realistic" and wouldn't fit with setting. Then they let you be revived after being shot in the face with a tank cannon.

Chasing realism in a series where a lot of the fun comes from the ridiculousness inherent in it is awful. I hope this modern realistic FPS trend dies the same way as WW2 shooters and we get Battlefield 2143 in a few years.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Robot Randy posted:

I enjoy Flood Zone, for the most part. Worst map has to be either Dongbreaker or Hainan. Both are still miles beyond any BF3 map though

Flood Zone is the best for getting Suave kills, and not much else.

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT

Chemmy posted:

Hainan Resort is even worse on Rush. No battleboat, just a couple of RHIBs and helicopters against an entrenched enemy armed with a ton of turrets covering a 600m approach.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.
The worst map is Metro. Operation locker is a close second but is still a little less awful.

Floodzone is great. You have to embrace its vertical aspect and I don't mean spending the round on the top of building sniping down. I mean all the alleyways and the space inside the building and what part allows you to jump down on which shortcut. There are more ways to flank enemies than it would appear at first.

Then some idiot on your team will blast the water tower while you are 5 capped and it will all goes to poo poo while people complain about the map...

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Cannot Find Server posted:

Chasing realism in a series where a lot of the fun comes from the ridiculousness inherent in it is awful. I hope this modern realistic FPS trend dies the same way as WW2 shooters and we get Battlefield 2143 in a few years.

Maybe in 2143 there will be a Resistance 3 style gun that locks on to enemies and all the bullets hit no matter which way you're facing. Every gun can be a lock-on gun! :haw:

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Flood zone would be more fun if it didn't flood. And to someguy: I love the lock on launchers. The HVM-II is my favourite battle pickup evar :)

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

bringer posted:

Hainan Resort is even worse on Rush. No battleboat, just a couple of RHIBs and helicopters against an entrenched enemy armed with a ton of turrets covering a 600m approach.

I feel like taking a RHIB hard to the right at least lets you hold the beach behind cover.

We do fine on Hainan, though I accept a lot of that is that we're better and more coordinated than most.

We have an awful time getting a foothold on Paracel.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Snackpack Backpack posted:

Maybe in 2143 there will be a Resistance 3 style gun that locks on to enemies and all the bullets hit no matter which way you're facing. Every gun can be a lock-on gun! :haw:

Titanfall has what's called a Smart-Pistol that locks onto the heads of opponents, up to like 3 of them at a time and when you release the trigger it does a 3 round burst that flies straight into their heads.

I. Am. Not. Kidding.

Edit:

nuclear_cheetos
Apr 22, 2005

mmmmmmmm......cheesy!
So I hope it's just me, but since the patch I'm getting significant framerate hits on Conquest Large maps that aren't China Rising. Also audio is still hosed when things get too busy.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ularg posted:

Titanfall has what's called a Smart-Pistol that locks onto the heads of opponents, up to like 3 of them at a time and when you release the trigger it does a 3 round burst that flies straight into their heads.

I. Am. Not. Kidding.

Edit:

This is the dumbest poo poo I have ever seen :psyduck:

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax

Seedge posted:

Flood zone would be more fun if it didn't flood. And to someguy: I love the lock on launchers. The HVM-II is my favourite battle pickup evar :)

And then there are the times when I get killed by that thing on maps I didn't even know it was a pickup on :smithicide:

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

Cannot Find Server posted:

This is the dumbest poo poo I have ever seen :psyduck:

You have to remember, Titanfall isn't about tacticoo' shootymans action. It's about flying around the stage like a winged monkey while snapping necks, making sick-rear end shots and calling down your very own jaeger battlesuit that will fight beside you and completely riffs on District 9 by having explody lightning guns and a left hand that stops incoming bullets and lets you return them to sender, post haste.

Playing that game with a control and while moving across a level is going to require some impressive manual dexterity.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Chemmy posted:

At least you can get in the attack boat and get every single unlock for it in one round by just murdering the poo poo out of all the defenders.

The worst map is hands down Rogue Transmission. 90% of both teams are wookies shooting at/from the gigantic tower in the middle for the entire match

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Requested_Username posted:

At least you can get in the attack boat and get every single unlock for it in one round by just murdering the poo poo out of all the defenders.

The worst map is hands down Rogue Transmission. 90% of both teams are wookies shooting at/from the gigantic tower in the middle for the entire match

I dunno I like Rogue Transmission because, "Oh, I am at B and I need to get to D and E and there are no vehicles. Guess I am going on foot."

Snap
Snap
Snapsnapsnap

Capture D

Snapsnapsnapsnap

Capture E. Somewhere some terrible sniper is raging because he has missed 12 shots at me. :smug:

ForestHobo
Sep 19, 2004
Roses are red, violets are blue, omgwtf, I love you.

waah posted:

I dunno I like Rogue Transmission because, "Oh, I am at B and I need to get to D and E and there are no vehicles. Guess I am going on foot."

Snap
Snap
Snapsnapsnap

Capture D

Snapsnapsnapsnap

Capture E. Somewhere some terrible sniper is raging because he has missed 12 shots at me. :smug:

Rogue Transmission is my favorite map. B,C, and E are all well balanced to give infantry a chance vs vehicles. C in particular is a great spot because of the vertical combat dynamic between soldiers on top of and under the dish. You can absolutely harvest knife kills on wookies camping the hills between D and B. A is a snooze that sits right outside of the (US?) spawn, but it's mostly just to balance the proximity of the opposing team to the other points.

Flood zone, on the other hand, is terrible map for terrible people.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I like Rogue Transmission because when all the snipers get on the towers, I blow up the cables and bring the towers down.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Daric posted:

I like Rogue Transmission because when all the snipers get on the towers, I blow up the cables and bring the towers down.

Yesterday I set my loadout, spawned, and immediately someone put them down, making the map 100 times better to play.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Daric posted:

What do you use to blow up the cables?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

waah posted:

What do you use to blow up the cables?

Any explosive, make sure you hit the couplings.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I just turned on legacy sticks for helicopters and holy poo poo, flying and aiming is so much easier

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Robot Randy posted:

Any explosive, make sure you hit the couplings.

Also you only have to do it to the big set of 5 guy wires coming out the back.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

inSTAALed posted:

Waaaait wait wait wait. Wait. What. How do you do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

404notfound posted:

Waaaait wait wait wait. Wait. What. How do you do this?

Use battlelog on your computer, phone or tablet. You can browse and join servers, plus it has way better filters. Additionally you can use it as a giant map.

• Locked thread