Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.
Possible gold?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/4238006597.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009

I love the Reatta for my own twisted reasons, but goddamn is that an awful respray.

http://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/4220243436.html

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

opengl128 posted:

God Damnit. Miata's really are the new 240's, and every single one is going to be ruined.

It's because all the 240's are gone.

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4223211365.html

Somebody stop me from buying this

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

blk posted:

I love the Reatta for my own twisted reasons, but goddamn is that an awful respray.

the RADL will probably kill me for this but I always confuse these for FB RX-7s when I see one driving by.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Saw that on Tbricks. Pretty much what I want mine to become. Should definetely buy this.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Rhyno posted:

It's because all the 240's are gone.

Another forum recently discovered one of its members had this 180sx:

There is still hope to find unmolested ones.

treizebee fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Dec 11, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In ten years all the NAs will be gone. Five years later all the NBs will be gone.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Rhyno posted:

In ten years all the NAs will be gone. Five years later all the NBs will be gone.

But for now it's so much easier to find one in good shape rather than fix up a lovely one. The interior on my '99 was pretty ragged out by the PO and it doesn't seem worth the effort to fix it up because there's still a billion NBs out there.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I'd buy it in a heartbeat assuming there's not a bunch of hidden rust.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

blk posted:

Is that semi-gloss paint? Don't see that very often on cars.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Is this hyperbole? There's no way, the number of Miatas sold in the US is crazy, and that's a good thing because parts will always be cheap and plentiful. When my 5 yr old son finally gets my Miata he'll have no problems keeping it running and looking nice.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

VideoTapir posted:

Is that semi-gloss paint? Don't see that very often on cars.

The ad says it was recently painted so...maybe? More than likely though it's just an awful loving paint-job.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

My budddy lined up a deal with that same dealership for a Gallardo.
He backed out though when I reminded him he couldn't pay the taxes in bitcoins.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Holy poo poo that's awesome. Definitely buy that.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Have you bought this yet?

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

That is loving awesome, but those M47s, while not made of glass, are certainly not up to the task of regular abuse. That engine is probably pushing 250hp on the low end and a couple of good torque spikes will rip that m47 apart.

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right

Didn't the mid 80s Volvos have that terrible bio-degradable wiring insulation? The insulation just starts disintegrating and you're left with shorts all over the place (my '84 245 did this :()

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.

Fart Pipe posted:

Have you bought this yet?

Nope cause I'm out of state til the 20th, plus its outta my "buy on a whim" snack bracket. Also my wife would murder me.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

rscott posted:

the RADL will probably kill me for this but I always confuse these for FB RX-7s when I see one driving by.

Or a shittier Eunos Cosmo: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321272931997

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

crutt posted:

Nope cause I'm out of state til the 20th, plus its outta my "buy on a whim" snack bracket. Also my wife would murder me.

Being married has saved me from having a backyard full of unfinished projects, so really your fear of being murdered is probably a good thing. It helps me focus on one car instead of letting my automotive ADD take over :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

Is this hyperbole? There's no way, the number of Miatas sold in the US is crazy, and that's a good thing because parts will always be cheap and plentiful. When my 5 yr old son finally gets my Miata he'll have no problems keeping it running and looking nice.

Yes, of course it is.

Good luck finding a DSM that hasn't been ruined though.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Tai-Pan posted:

That is loving awesome, but those M47s, while not made of glass, are certainly not up to the task of regular abuse. That engine is probably pushing 250hp on the low end and a couple of good torque spikes will rip that m47 apart.

Good candidate for a getrag swap once it pops!

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Hog Obituary posted:

Didn't the mid 80s Volvos have that terrible bio-degradable wiring insulation? The insulation just starts disintegrating and you're left with shorts all over the place (my '84 245 did this :()

It was generally the "second gen" of 240s from 1980 - 1985. Happened to me as well on my 82. The wires around the fuel system degraded. I've since replaced that harness and everything is good.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

BraveUlysses posted:

Good candidate for a getrag swap once it pops!

I think the transmission of choice is the t5

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

leica posted:

Being married has saved me from having a backyard full of unfinished projects, so really your fear of being murdered is probably a good thing. It helps me focus on one car instead of letting my automotive ADD take over :v:

My gf who is moving in with me in a couple months is a huge car enabler. I'm going to have to be the voice of reas...hahahaha

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Ok, now I'm glad I'm broke, because that one is within reach of DFW. I actually prefer the square 7-wagons, but that 240 is too awesome. One of these days I'm going to have to buy one.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

of course its from seattle, we are the home of volvo's.

The only way I would stop you from buying it is if I was going to, but its not worth picking one up in houston just to bring it back to seattle.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Fart Pipe posted:

My gf who is moving in with me in a couple months is a huge car enabler. I'm going to have to be the voice of reas...hahahaha

lol, god help you. At least you have a big garage :)

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.

leica posted:

She did OK a Buick Roadmaster though...... time to set some Craigslist alerts!

Coleridge49
May 8, 2007
Meanwhile on Gumtree........

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wavell-heights/cars-vans-utes/holden-commodore-vt-ss-195i-v8/1032669953

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So I take it that he's upside down on his loan? :rimshot:

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

All my life I've been led to believe that Australia is upside down. Is that not an accurate photo? :v:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

leica posted:

lol, god help you. At least you have a big garage :)

Its full, her VW bus has already chased my C10 outside.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Ok, quick question, if someone asks you to list a lower price on the title at time of sale, so they can save a couple hundred bucks on sales tax, will you do it? I'm talking listing $12000 instead of $13000, not something too ridiculous.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
I've always done it, and sellers have always done it for me. Granted, every vehicle I've bought and sold had been 10+ years old at the time. If the buyer wants to give you more money than what he's got proof of payment for, I don't see how that could affect you.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Yeah I've always done it when selling vehicles and so have the people I've bought from. As long as you don't do something silly and say a $10k car was $500 you're fine.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Here in Texas the use a value from their system for the taxes to avoid people doing just that.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Why don't you sell them the tires for $12,000 and the car for $1000?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Look at these seats.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/4223591349.html

They are awesome.