Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Also, (not sure it's U11 since I just logged into it on my PS4 for the first time in a while today) Sound is kinda glitchy. Really annoying. Lots of pops & clicks and "Strobing".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

Feenix posted:

Also, (not sure it's U11 since I just logged into it on my PS4 for the first time in a while today) Sound is kinda glitchy. Really annoying. Lots of pops & clicks and "Strobing".

There have been some Lotus volume issues on the PC side since 11.x (might be resolved with the latest patch), but PS4 players may or may not get to hear a Canadian broad suddenly scream about Tyl Regor's personal habits before calmly telling you to extract because he's dead. But, obviously, some U11 sound issues on PC means it may very well be U11's fault on PS4.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Any advice on taking on The Jackal? This is my first attempt. (We wiped.)

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Shoot the legs so it falls down, then shoot the unshielded torso. Run behind one of the pillars when you hear the missiles launch.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Feenix posted:

Any advice on taking on The Jackal? This is my first attempt. (We wiped.)

Did you cotton on to his pattern? If none of you have god-tier guns that can tear through his shield, then you'll have to shoot a leg until he falls over, then shoot his body until he gets back up again. Make sure to run the gently caress away from his grenade things, since they can and will one-shot lower-level Tenno.

Synathaesia
Jul 4, 2009

it's been a hard day's night
and I'd been workin' like a dog

Does Lotus have a different voice actor for the Infestation Invasion type missions? (From U11 on PS4)

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Mindblast posted:

I don't know what changed but ever since the latest patch I now get a display driver crash sending me back to desktop. I am on a 560ti so this has happened to me in the past but after a driver switch it never came back. Anyone else have similar issues?

Only a half dozen times a night or so. That is to say "nearly constantly until I give up and do something else."
What driver are you running that caused it to go away for a while?

Wales Grey posted:

Beating Stalker (or getting beaten) clears the "Stalker Hates You" flag.

Yeah, I don't think so. We had the Stalker come after the same guy in back-to-back missions last night. Maybe it only resets when you beat him.

E: Just talked to the guy. Stalker showed up the mission before I joined as well. 3 back-to-back missions with the Stalker targeting the same dude.

Synathaesia posted:

Does Lotus have a different voice actor for the Infestation Invasion type missions? (From U11 on PS4)

They've been re-recording some of the VO lately. Whoever is doing sound at DE can't seem to save his effects presets.

MisterOblivious fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 13, 2013

SteveMcQueen
Jun 16, 2005

I was planning on building an ignis today or tomorrow. Is it still good given the weapon changes from the latest patch or should I am for something else?

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

MisterOblivious posted:

They've been re-recording some of the VO lately. Whoever is doing sound at DE can't seem to save his effects presets.
From what the patch notes say, they make it seem like Lotus voices should sound different each time you hear them now since they're "dynamic" and that's probably what you're hearing that's so wonky.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

SteveMcQueen posted:

I was planning on building an ignis today or tomorrow. Is it still good given the weapon changes from the latest patch or should I am for something else?

Ignis is The Gun To Build, assuming you're willing to put the 4-5 Forma in to get proper use out of it. It has no native polarity slots.

SteveMcQueen
Jun 16, 2005

zgrowler2 posted:

Ignis is The Gun To Build, assuming you're willing to put the 4-5 Forma in to get proper use out of it. It has no native polarity slots.

Ok, cool. Thanks. I have a couple hundred plat left over so I don't mind forma-ing it if that's the way to go. I am relatively new to this, I assume I use a potato on it first?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Why does the Corpus like setting up bases in cold places if they use shields?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Is there a reason that Lotus will say lines over and over and over again on assassination missions?

Also, so glad that they've stopped saying "overhaul the security" so much. That really loving annoyed me after a while. I'm overriding it, not overhauling it. Why would I want to improve a hostile security system?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Is there a reason that Lotus will say lines over and over and over again on assassination missions?

Also, so glad that they've stopped saying "overhaul the security" so much. That really loving annoyed me after a while. I'm overriding it, not overhauling it. Why would I want to improve a hostile security system?

Well, the security system was giving clearly false alarms, so you were overhauling it to take care of that.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

MisterOblivious posted:

Only a half dozen times a night or so. That is to say "nearly constantly until I give up and do something else."
What driver are you running that caused it to go away for a while?

For quite some time the driver would crash during browsing the web, until (I think) 314.22 came along? Anyway a full os reinstall and latest driver installation later and all was good for two weeks. Then this patch came about and now WF shits the bed constantly.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

SteveMcQueen posted:

Ok, cool. Thanks. I have a couple hundred plat left over so I don't mind forma-ing it if that's the way to go. I am relatively new to this, I assume I use a potato on it first?

Yes, to double the mod capacity, but potatoing a weapon is not necessary in order to forma it. It's just the smart way to go about things.

Also, don't buy forma. Run T2/T3 survival Void runs with other goons and get up to your eyeballs in Forma and Forma BPs.

I didn't know about the latter until last week when I racked up two Forma and three BPs doing runs to get Mag Prime parts.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Yeah, buying Forma isn't something anyone should ever do. You will slowly but surely acquire void keys and then you will be making GBS threads forma out your eyes. I'm currently sitting on five finished forma and 8 blueprints. I've forma'd maybe 10 things so far and donated about 10 to the clan dojo.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Man, I was all excited that I would be able to xfer my Pc character to PS4 today now that 11.0 is out, and then they release 11.1 on PC so it s till isn't in sync?. I really want to play this on PS4 since my friends that never tried it on PC are playing it there now, you would think the character copy thing would be a bit of a priority for them to get up and running.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance

zgrowler2 posted:

Yes, to double the mod capacity, but potatoing a weapon is not necessary in order to forma it. It's just the smart way to go about things.

Also, don't buy forma. Run T2/T3 survival Void runs with other goons and get up to your eyeballs in Forma and Forma BPs.

I didn't know about the latter until last week when I racked up two Forma and three BPs doing runs to get Mag Prime parts.

The OP should probably be updated to reflect this.

SteveMcQueen
Jun 16, 2005

I am rank 3 and have maybe 4 void keys. I was under the assumption I'd get slaughtered there, is that not the case?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

SteveMcQueen posted:

I am rank 3 and have maybe 4 void keys. I was under the assumption I'd get slaughtered there, is that not the case?

The level I void missions are not particularly hard. You can do them really early on. Maybe avoid the level III ones for a little while.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
HOTFIX 11.3.2

ADDITIONS:
Added a new options in the Gameplay sections of Settings called "Chat Message Timestamps", which is set turned off by default

CHANGES:

Simplification of damage table - bonuses reduced to 3 per type. Resistances reduced to 2 per type. Resistances decreased.
Social menu now has two saved X&Y positions, one for in game, and one for in menus.
Armour resistances don’t make enemies entirely immune to damage.
UI – bumped visible invasions list to 4 entries.
Added “Critical” and “Reload” stats to Market item descriptions (these already appear in Codex).
Tweaks to Penta 2D sounds.
Modified forces applied on loot from containers to prevent pickups from scattering too far.
Tweaks to fog mesh from Ember’s World on Fire ability.
Rebalanced Alad V and Zanuka difficulty (slight nerf)
Lens flare added to Penta projectiles.
Penta now supports energy color customization.
Reduced master volume on Lotus by 2dB.
Reduced Lotus chatter frequency for detecting enemies.
Removed 30 second delay in Mission Objective Reminder Transmission for Rescue missions.

FIXES:
Fixed alert not taking priority over invasion when both occur at same node (leading to UI freeze when attempting to select it).
Fixed damage against armored enemies with resistances (e.g. fixes Mag doing 1 point of damage to Elite Lancers)
Fixed “OBJECTS” to be in upper case in the Codex for consistency.
Fixed some teleport volumes in Gas City Defense to prevent players from escaping the level boundaries.
Fixed the objectives from showing when the HUD is off.
Fixed one-way portal appearing in Grineer Galleon missions - aka the black wall of doom on infested invasion missions.
Fixed inability to unlock star chart nodes that are under invasion.
Fixed reversed elevator direction indicators.
Fixed a number of reported crashes.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Bruc posted:

Man, I was all excited that I would be able to xfer my Pc character to PS4 today now that 11.0 is out, and then they release 11.1 on PC so it s till isn't in sync?. I really want to play this on PS4 since my friends that never tried it on PC are playing it there now, you would think the character copy thing would be a bit of a priority for them to get up and running.

U11 for PS4 was stuck in Sony's certification process for much longer than expected. Hopefully Sony will get better about this. Also, we're on 11.3 now.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Well that's even worse then, at this rate it will be months before I can copy my account over.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

e: nvm

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 13, 2013

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Dumb question, but is there a way to turn off controller rumble on the PC version? I play with mouse and keyboard, but my 360 controller is still vibrating, which is noisy and tends to make it fall off of things. I looked through the menu and I don't see any option to turn it off.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
When in the gently caress are they going to sync up the PC and PS4 versions so I can migrate all my poo poo to PS4? Been waiting weeks to play this, and it hasn't happened yet... really drat frustrating.

sleeptalker posted:

U11 for PS4 was stuck in Sony's certification process for much longer than expected. Hopefully Sony will get better about this. Also, we're on 11.3 now.

See, a smart company would push back their PC releases to allow for one week windows for synching, rather than pushing out new patches nonstop so the console version is literally 3 patches behind at all times.

So retarded.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Dec 13, 2013

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

DE is not going to stop updating as soon as they want to just for the PS4 version. They said themselves when the ps4 version was announced in order to please the PC players (at least the terrible brown-nose official forumers were making a huge stink over it).

Considering their breakneck update speed, I doubt the PC and PS4 will ever have matching versions. Ever.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is Corrisive Projection still good? I picked one up from the alert the other day and I remember someone raving about how powerful it could be when stacked.

Dumb question, but is there a way to turn off controller rumble on the PC version? I play with mouse and keyboard, but my 360 controller is still vibrating, which is noisy and tends to make it fall off of things. I looked through the menu and I don't see any option to turn it off.

Is it that big of a deal to unplug it? Not ideal, I know, but still.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
It's still fantastic quad stacked vs Grineer, yes.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

hooah posted:

Is it that big of a deal to unplug it? Not ideal, I know, but still.

Unfortunately, it is. My computer is getting pretty old and the USB ports have been really touchy lately, so I'm trying to avoid taking things in and out of them. I had to switch which port my mouse was plugged into recently because the port would stop responding randomly.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Azzanadra posted:

DE is not going to stop updating as soon as they want to just for the PS4 version. They said themselves when the ps4 version was announced in order to please the PC players (at least the terrible brown-nose official forumers were making a huge stink over it).

Considering their breakneck update speed, I doubt the PC and PS4 will ever have matching versions. Ever.

Which is loving retarded on their part. If they had been smart they would have aimed for full on crossplay support (Sony loves that poo poo) so they'd literally double their active playerbase, and lock their own update schedule to the PS4 one so everyone can play together across both systems.

Ugh, why are PC gamers such loving dicks sometimes. (I am primarily one, but seriously, this is retarded)

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Unfortunately, it is. My computer is getting pretty old and the USB ports have been really touchy lately, so I'm trying to avoid taking things in and out of them. I had to switch which port my mouse was plugged into recently because the port would stop responding randomly.

That sounds like a power supply problem :v:

I suffered having all of my usb backports randomly responding stop for almost a whole entire year. Somehow resulted in me breaking my keyboard in half.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
If DE had to wait for Sony's cert before pushing an update they'd actually have to test the things in-house before pushing it so they don't end up with a stupid money factory glitch that throws what little economy there is into the toilet. Or if they accidentally enable something. Like the infested whip. Or the accidentally-released auras and mods.

a glorious hole
Nov 21, 2012

Oh man, they still haven't fixed the issue where the Star Map never loving goes to what planet you pick so you have to scroll all over the place every time.

Is that an issue with the PC version?

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Look harder. Controls -> Enable Vibration

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Denzine posted:

If DE had to wait for Sony's cert before pushing an update they'd actually have to test the things in-house before pushing it so they don't end up with a stupid money factory glitch that throws what little economy there is into the toilet. Or if they accidentally enable something. Like the infested whip. Or the accidentally-released auras and mods.

But then we wouldn't have several brand new bugs with every single update. Figuring out what new (and old) things are broken this particular patch is half the fun!

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Prav posted:

But then we wouldn't have several brand new bugs with every single update. Figuring out what new (and old) things are broken this particular patch is half the fun!
And sometimes those bugs work in our favor. There are people who found fully upgraded vault mods when the system rolled out. It takes millions to upgrade those suckers normally

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
U11 broke the PS4 version even more somehow, an amazing feat considering it was pretty broken before.

The missions that had lovely fps have somehow gotten even worse, they broke physics on a bunch of stuff, they broke parkour, and there are a whole host of new bugs cropping up. And that's just stuff I've found in the first few hours of testing this thing out.

A Quality DE Product :shepface:

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Dec 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I just saw the new loading screen for Grineer Infestation. The Grineer look really badass.