Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

RCarr posted:

Ah yes, "that map". I don't like that one either.

I prefer this map to that map. The spawns are far better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Laserface posted:

*PSH PSH PSH PSH PSH*

you were killed by some lovely pubby with a DMR and your carbine/lmg/assault rifle was outgunned.

at least 5 times a night this happens.

Why is it rewarding people who clearly can't loving aim? You can't even go full auto with an LMG and have that kind of success rate.

DMRs are the worst guns in the game. Their TTK is higher than nearly every weapon class.

Even my glorious SKS has been reduced to poo poo.

tl;dr: all of the guns you mentioned are better than DMRs within 150m.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Anyone playing conquest currently? PS4? PSN name: SavetheTurtles

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
The UCAV is the best once you find a good spot. Held back near B on Zavod and took out all the roof snipers at C. I even blew up a few helis and a jeep with it. I'm in love.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

RCarr posted:

Dino crew and Minky, thanks for the games. I had a lot of fun, even though Obliteration isn't really my thing. (Also sorry for ghostriding the whip, I can't resist :))

Would have been nice if party chat worked!

If you're not ghost riding the whip every time a squad member asks you for a ride you are objectively playing battlefield wrong

tehinternet posted:

DMRs are the worst guns in the game. Their TTK is higher than nearly every weapon class.

Even my glorious SKS has been reduced to poo poo.

tl;dr: all of the guns you mentioned are better than DMRs within 150m.

SKS fuckin roolz in bf4

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
if youre being killed by dmrs at close range then its not the weapon youre using being bad. every weapon has at least double the rpm outside of sniper rifles

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I dunno I'm having a pretty sweet time with DMRs too. I use my pistol in stairwells and stuff though.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
The SKS in BF4 is usable. It's not the accurate to 200m snipers get fuckin' poo poo on cannon that it was in BF3.

The bullet drop on DMRs is loving horrendous. They're bad at what they're supposed to be good at and loving horrible at everything else thanks to terrible TTK, bullet drop, poo poo minimum damage -5 hits to kill with a loving DMR at range? Why not use a goddamn assault rifle and at least get automatic fire and possibly BETTER bullet drop- holy gently caress DMRs are terrible. This annoys the poo poo out of me because I loving loved the SKS and M39 in BF3 (the M417 never clicked for me despite it being objectively better than the M39); they were the perfect midrange, clear camping pubbies out guns.

Really, I think I UCAV so much because if I try to take this game seriously at all, I'll end up just like someguy, rocking myself to sleep under a bridge somewhere muttering to myself about the glory days when people had to aim to get their kills/guns worked/etc, and I just can't do that to myself :smith:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

tehinternet posted:

if I try to take this game seriously at all, I'll end up just like someguy, rocking myself to sleep under a bridge somewhere muttering to myself about the glory days when people had to aim to get their kills/guns worked/etc, and I just can't do that to myself :smith:
I dunno, based on this posts and others you have made it sounds like it's already happening.

I've been playing FPSs for a long time but at a low level, and I've always noticed that some people just get so worked up about it, more so than any other genre of game I have played. Maybe I just haven't played enough kinds of competitive online games, maybe it's always like this...

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Dec 15, 2013

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

I dunno, based on this posts and others you have made it sounds like it's already happening.

I've been playing FPSs for a long time but at a low level, and I've always noticed that some people just get so worked up about it, more so than any other genre of game I have played. Maybe I just haven't played enough kinds of competitive online games, maybe it's always like this...

The autism is coming from inside the thread!

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax

tehinternet posted:

Really, I think I UCAV so much because if I try to take this game seriously at all, I'll end up just like someguy, rocking myself to sleep under a bridge somewhere muttering to myself about the glory days when people had to aim to get their kills/guns worked/etc, and I just can't do that to myself :smith:

Nah, I just became a ground vehicle god instead. Still able to make scrubs upset that way here and abroad while doing better then I ever did in BF3, so all is not lost.

Someguy fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Dec 15, 2013

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm looking at bullet speed stats for the various rifles, I assume bullet drop is tied to that, but is bullet damage drop-off tied to that too? Or is it a hidden stat?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Hey guys. A pretty nifty easter egg was just found.

Roar!

It'll probably be hilarious forever for me. I assume people are already sick of it.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Well it requires coordination and no one has ever used voice chat on PS4 so you won't have to worry about hearing it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Well it requires coordination and no one has ever used voice chat on PS4 so you won't have to worry about hearing it.
Also it looks like it requires that the enemies be very polite and not shoot at you or blow stuff up while you're working.

Minky
Aug 12, 2003

Just some Battlefield Moments™ from the last couple days on Xbone: http://sdrv.ms/INjMdG

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Minky posted:

Just some Battlefield Moments™ from the last couple days on Xbone: http://sdrv.ms/INjMdG

Jet kill and crashing into the array and taking it down, that's the kind of poo poo you show somebody for a reason to play this over CoD. Good work hah

cats blood
May 11, 2011
This blog has some tips for sorting your NAT out on XBONE and a rather bitchin' turtle beach mod which is something the bone needs more than anything at the moment. drat you silent servers of solitude

http://www.funkydiver.com/xbox-one-headset-mod-oem-connector/

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Ularg posted:

Hey guys. A pretty nifty easter egg was just found.

Roar!

It'll probably be hilarious forever for me. I assume people are already sick of it.

I hope that the word 'levolution' never catches on

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Battlefield 4 has killed console EA gaming for me. Since Sim City, I have officially boycotted any EA PC game. And now I think I am going to do the same for EA console games. Supporting this poo poo anymore is inexcusable. Playing roughly 30minutes before crashing on a game released over a month ago on a game drat console, I'm done with.

I'm not playing BF4 again until they fix the crashing. And even when they do, I'm not giving them another dime.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I'm curious as to why some people can't stay on and others have no issues. I played last night for 3 hours and didn't crash once.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Kloaked00 posted:

I hope that the word 'levolution' never catches on

I totally levolutioned those paintings of Stalin last night.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Awesome Animals posted:

I'm curious as to why some people can't stay on and others have no issues. I played last night for 3 hours and didn't crash once.

I crash 100% of the time on Dawnbreaker, but as long as I quit out of the matches when it comes up, I don't get problems.

I've picked up a pretty weird new bug after the last update though. If I scroll too far down the server browser and try to join a game, it flashes up a premium advert instead. :psyduck: Which doesn't bloody help because the exclude full servers filter doesn't work either. :argh:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Awesome Animals posted:

On 360 last night I only crashed once, but the time I played before that my party had at least one crash a round. It's a total crapshoot. Though instead of crashing I got to deal with laser sights bugging out and never leaving the map, so there were a bunch of red dots painted all over everything even if no one was there, my gun's recoil shooting it sideways instead of up, and every other death being that lovely bug where one bullet counts as several on top of the latency issues so it seemed like I was dumping thirty bullets into a guy when in reality I was probably dead. It was infuriating.

quote:

Which doesn't bloody help because the exclude full servers filter doesn't work either.

The filter is completely broken. I think what it currently does is an OR condition instead of an AND, so if you toggle to check for BF4 default maps and less than full servers, the actual query will be "less than full servers OR (all BF4 default map servers, regardless of population)". It always includes what I tell it not to unless I only have one toggle, so if the query is to find all servers except full ones, it'll work so long as you don't put in any additional parameters.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Dec 15, 2013

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Hello console thread. Is the battlefield goons stat site broken? The kill breakdown section is blank, and kills appear to not be updated elsewhere.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Use battlelog to search for servers, and join through there. It's still mighty busted because :dice:, but it's significantly better than the ingame browser. It also lets you know which friends are playing on which servers making joining on them far easier.

iamthehans
May 1, 2012
I've been getting groups of goons together to help complete the china rising assignments. I need some jet ribbons and I'll help out with what ever any one else needs. I'll prolly have 5 or more people on today around 2-230 EST PSN: Hansell

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The in game browser works fine for me on PS4, maybe it's an XBONE thing?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Last night I was assaulting the mobile spawn on Golmund Railway in a jeep. The train car was moving and there was an enemy on the mounted gun on the front. I drove my jeep straight at the thing, bailed out, watched it hit the train head on, explode, kill the gunner, and I mopped up his chum with my L85A.

I love this game.

As per crashing servers, I played for about 10 hrs this weekend and it only crashed once. Have you guys tried deleting the game from the system cache? I did this on week one when it was really really bad and I haven't had problems of the magnitude described in this thread since.

iamthehans
May 1, 2012

Beastie posted:

Last night I was assaulting the mobile spawn on Golmund Railway in a jeep. The train car was moving and there was an enemy on the mounted gun on the front. I drove my jeep straight at the thing, bailed out, watched it hit the train head on, explode, kill the gunner, and I mopped up his chum with my L85A.

I love this game.

As per crashing servers, I played for about 10 hrs this weekend and it only crashed once. Have you guys tried deleting the game from the system cache? I did this on week one when it was really really bad and I haven't had problems of the magnitude described in this thread since.

When we have a full party of goons (8) on PSN if one crashes we will all crash with in 5 mintues. its pretty insane.

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!

yellowcar posted:

Seriously, only consider it if you plan on buying all the DLC.

Also, I think it's hilarious that this game is more stable on my PS3 than any of the next-gen consoles.

Ya, I'm gonna wait or pass. The new patch is making my game crash MORE. Go figure..

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfRDcweHLXo

Little Bird session from last night.

Thanks to moocow, robotisize, and nuclear_cheetos for being a part of that stupidity.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Requested_Username posted:

The in game browser works fine for me on PS4, maybe it's an XBONE thing?

I have terrible luck with the in-game browser on PS4. The instant I specify any filtering options, I get zero matching servers.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Hey Beez, your PM box is full, so I can't PM you this message:

Lumpy's PM to Beelzebozo would have posted:

FYI, I updated all the icons and favicons and icon icons and iconfavs and apple favicons and retina icon favs for the site and committed them to the repo and pushed.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Bohemian Nights posted:

Hello console thread. Is the battlefield goons stat site broken? The kill breakdown section is blank, and kills appear to not be updated elsewhere.

Fixed, sorry. The loving apache logs filled up their volume. Should be all good again.

Lumpy posted:

Hey Beez, your PM box is full, so I can't PM you this message:

Oh yay! I'll check 'em out. Yeah, sorry about the PM box. It seems to be perpetually full these days.

edit: banners and icons updated from BF3-q to BF4-sperg LEVOLUTIONIZED™!

Beelzebozo fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Dec 15, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

IceOrb posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfRDcweHLXo

Little Bird session from last night.

Thanks to moocow, robotisize, and nuclear_cheetos for being a part of that stupidity.

The Little Bird and its counterparts are honestly my favorite part of BF4. It's a fairly well balanced vehicle (once you upgrade out of the awful miniguns), it's got enough firepower to take down most anything weaker than a MBT, I'm nimble enough to dodge around buildings when I see a lock on warning, and I don't desperately rely on passengers to be effective (though it'd be nice if the co-pilot seat could use something like TV-guided missiles). The only thing I have to seriously worry about are mobile AA on flat maps like Lancang, for which I end to just keep my altitude as low as possible.

Getimmaaw
Dec 22, 2006
Gonna repost, if there's any ps4 goons that wanna get their jet ribbons I'm free to do that with you at around 830pm pst. PM me or psn xgetimmaawx

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

iamthehans posted:

When we have a full party of goons (8) on PSN if one crashes we will all crash with in 5 mintues. its pretty insane.

Sometimes with even smaller parties. Pretty much when I hear someone curse about crashing I expect to crash somewhat soon.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Got a PS4, and updated my console on the stats site. I might be on later after the game updated all the way. PSN is keyboard_vomit if people don't have me on their friends list yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Requested_Username posted:

The Little Bird and its counterparts are honestly my favorite part of BF4. It's a fairly well balanced vehicle (once you upgrade out of the awful miniguns), it's got enough firepower to take down most anything weaker than a MBT, I'm nimble enough to dodge around buildings when I see a lock on warning, and I don't desperately rely on passengers to be effective (though it'd be nice if the co-pilot seat could use something like TV-guided missiles). The only thing I have to seriously worry about are mobile AA on flat maps like Lancang, for which I end to just keep my altitude as low as possible.

Yeah I don't need co-pilots to stay up but they are greatly appreciated when it happens.

You can definitely see when I poo poo myself and run away though and it happens every single time I see a mobile AA moving. You're lucky if you are up for even 10 seconds with one of those things rolling around.

That nimbleness extends to the other choppers though. Compared to BF3 and the two BC games, both games I really cut my teeth on with choppers, these choppers are so much fun to fly.

I kinda wish they'd let you load up test ranges in any map to figure out good chopper paths and get a feel for the maps cause for awhile at launch I would dodge around a building on Dawnbreaker or Shanghai and slam straight into a wall.

It's all good now though.

Strangely enough I think the transport choppers might be my favorite to fly. I really enjoy rolling a full chopper to a point and using freelook to spot targets for the gunners.

• Locked thread