Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Toriko will eat the concept of eating itself and thus be able to dictate what is and is not eating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
So the raws for 262 are out. Komatsu's Harem expands in the expected way.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
There is no :3: big enough for the look on Komatsu's face at the end of that chapter

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/212663/toriko_ch262_by_hi-wa-mata-noboru/1

We've all been waiting for this day.

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

I mean Komatsu's cooking literally satisfied the stomach of a person who had no taste, with poo poo ingredients; then he didn't leave. So does Toriko get a free "pick up Komatsu" pass?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

This was an oddly :kimchi: chapter. So can we assume that Midora actually tasted the food? He said that he couldn't really taste flavor or feel satisfied anymore, right? I forgot.

e: Or I can look at the above spoiler :v:

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Dec 19, 2013

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
So... Just what exactly is up with Grinpatch?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Food Poisoning.

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
Did Alforo just kill Grin?

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Awesome chapter but one part confuses me: Midora tells Star that he is the only one that accomplished his mission, but Midora doesn't know who Komatsu is. So what exactly was Star's mission? Just bringing a bunch of Chefs back in general?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

This was an oddly :kimchi: chapter. So can we assume that Midora actually tasted the food? He said that he couldn't really taste flavor or feel satisfied anymore, right? I forgot.

e: Or I can look at the above spoiler :v:

I think it's the food, and Komatsu reminding Midora of his brother when he asked him to eat with others.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
Is it just me or is Komatsu suddenly being drawn "cuter".

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
He's getting plumped up for the Final Feast.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Instead of an 18 year old girl being drawn like a 10 year old it's a 30 year old man being drawn the same.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

ArchDemon posted:

I mean Komatsu's cooking literally satisfied the stomach of a person who had no taste, with poo poo ingredients; then he didn't leave. So does Toriko get a free "pick up Komatsu" pass?

The secret ingredient is love.

Like seriously. I don't think anyone of the Bishokukai actually try to please people. Sure they make good food as chefs for boss Midora, but not with love or care, like Komatsu.

This chapter :allears:

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Liar posted:

Is it just me or is Komatsu suddenly being drawn "cuter".

They made his nose look cuter. He used to have a gorilla nose

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

unprofessional posted:

Did Alforo just kill Grin?

I think he just threatened him, "Shape up and shake it off you loser" kind of thing

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
Well that pretty much followed expectations, but it was still awesome.

For a second I thought that when the headquarters started collapsing it was because Midora burped or farted or something. Certainly would have fit

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Well that pretty much followed expectations, but it was still awesome.

For a second I thought that when the headquarters started collapsing it was because Midora burped or farted or something. Certainly would have fit

I was almost certain it was that small ammount of drool that produced from the side of his mouth. I was like, "What does it have the weight of gold or something"?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Welp, the raws for the next chapter are out and the power creep is insane. Capture level 6090 :shepface:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Wanna eat those flan pigs/cows

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

RatHat posted:

Welp, the raws for the next chapter are out and the power creep is insane. Capture level 6090 :shepface:

And it seems to be a Battle Wolf, aka Terry Cloth's species. Gatdamn, how did his mother even got defeated in first place?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Well, she was giving birth at the time. I think she died of exhaustion?

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

We need bigger numbers. BIGGER!!!

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Nahxela posted:

Well, she was giving birth at the time. I think she died of exhaustion?

The explanation was that cloned cells deteriorate faster than their natural-borne versions, I believe. That and childbirth took a lot out of it.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Also, Battle Wolves probably have Gourmet Cells or something similar, so there's going to be enormous variance in power level based on diet.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Jesus. That is some serious power creep. I mean, I was expecting the capture levels to go up to 1000 or so. 6090? Holy gently caress.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
I guess Toriko's fork is meant to gauge how strong he is now? So up to almost capture level 1000 he can probably take care of, but above that might be a problem.

Kuso Meriken
Jun 30, 2007
I'm having a hard time getting used to Komatsu's nose job. Maybe I'm just used to it but I felt the old look had more character.

Also, are we really that surprised about the power creep/leap? Especially after what happened in the last major arc, I've completely thrown up my hands and ready for anything.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

New Chapter

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
We're finally at the second part of Toriko. :stare:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Man that chapter was whiplash, but in a good way. Also can't wait to see someone eat some of those Gourmet World beasts.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I fuckin love this guy's face.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/214344/toriko_ch263_by_hi-wa-mata-noboru/20

:byodood:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It's the first time in his devil life he's held cutlery sized for his hand.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Mr. Maltose posted:

It's the first time in his devil life he's held cutlery sized for his hand.

Oh wow do I wanna see Toriko fight that angry balding devil.

<---- Edit: Me, smoking before reading this chapter.

Jesus gently caress Part Two is going to be crazy as poo poo, I've loved all of it so far.

Reiche fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Dec 27, 2013

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Haha I like how the Capture Levels started around 200+ then exponentially jumped up to 6000+ in just a few monsters. Well I guess eventually we'll see the rest of the Eight Kings in action too.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Reminder that the Four Beast at first had a capture level of 310.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Man, Komatsu's plastic surgery job is really a little disconcerting

Edit: jokes aside, the optimism and redirection of attention back to actual food in this chapter was refreshing. I have the suspicion (and hope) that Toriko's attitude in the last few chapters is actually paralleling Shimabukuro's - maybe this new arc will breathe some new life back into the manga.

Crampy Grampaw fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Dec 27, 2013

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Finally, the new chapter is out, I read it, and I am happy.

I can now sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Those pudding monsters :3:

• Locked thread