Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Citation not strictly necessary but oh man I kinda want to see this. It sounds just like the kind of relic a people-old regulatory code would have buried in it.

I'd also love to hear this for the same reasons. I've been seeing these things on planes that were constructed long after the bans were in place and wondered why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Citation not strictly necessary but oh man I kinda want to see this. It sounds just like the kind of relic a people-old regulatory code would have buried in it.

From what I've heard it's actually so that if the staff catch someone smoking they have somewhere to dispose of the lit cigarette. I don't know if that's accurate though.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Tiggum posted:

From what I've heard it's actually so that if the staff catch someone smoking they have somewhere to dispose of the lit cigarette. I don't know if that's accurate though.

It sounds like the most reasonable explanation. There's probably a whole list of safety regulations prohibiting a cigarette butt from being disposed in any other way.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's because there's going to be some dumbfuck who lights up anyway regardless of the sign. So when they do, that cigarette sure as poo poo better not be going into the wastepaper basket and starting a fire on an airplane.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious

"A Tradition of Taste."

Trudis has a new favorite as of 19:10 on Dec 19, 2013

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Come on dude literally posted and commented on less than half way down the previous page.

CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen

Drone_Fragger posted:

Come on dude literally posted and commented on less than half way down the previous page.

Look closer, you missed it.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Gah, I'm a dumb idiot and didn't notice the difference because the original wasn't on this page for easy comparison. Sorry, as you were chaps.

TorpedoFish
Feb 19, 2006

Tingly.

Because you can't fill the gap from removing the ashtray well and the sticker is less than a percent of the cost of a replacement wall panel.

Ask and ye shall receive. And yes: self-contained ashtrays are required so no one tries to sneak a smoke and ends up setting the plane on fire.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This is fantastic. Which one of you left that comment?

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

For a second I thought this would finally be the time I found about the death of celebrity I actually care about in these threads.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious

Drone_Fragger posted:

Somebody's angry at funny pictures for some reason.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Jabor posted:

It's because there's going to be some dumbfuck who lights up anyway regardless of the sign. So when they do, that cigarette sure as poo poo better not be going into the wastepaper basket and starting a fire on an airplane.

Yeah, pretty much.

Ema Nymton has a new favorite as of 19:26 on Dec 19, 2013

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

TorpedoFish posted:

Ask and ye shall receive. And yes: self-contained ashtrays are required so no one tries to sneak a smoke and ends up setting the plane on fire.

There's actually really good reason for it too, as a plane crash in the 70s was due to a fire started by a cigarette in the bathroom. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varig_Flight_820

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

What am I looking at here? A chunk of mail stuck in ice?

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

stubblyhead posted:

There's actually really good reason for it too, as a plane crash in the 70s was due to a fire started by a cigarette in the bathroom. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varig_Flight_820

I never understood why Americans and Canadians have their mail delivered to little boxes in their gardens its like they're just asking for poo poo like that to happen.

V Fixed it for you.

beato has a new favorite as of 19:49 on Dec 19, 2013

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
That's Canadian mail.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Krowley posted:

I thought strip club patrons usually used 2 dollar notes for their crack cramming purposes.

It depends on where you are I think.

In areas where you don't see many $2 bills, strippers love them, and can't get enough of them.

In areas where you see a lot of them, and/or the club actively distributes them, they hate them because they can't get rid of them.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Iron Crowned posted:

It depends on where you are I think.

In areas where you don't see many $2 bills, strippers love them, and can't get enough of them.

In areas where you see a lot of them, and/or the club actively distributes them, they hate them because they can't get rid of them.

That's why I use golden dollars when I go to a strip club.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Iron Crowned posted:

In areas where you see a lot of them

I had no idea there were areas where $2 bills were common

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Snowy posted:

Somehow I always end up with some around here :iiam:

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

CobiWann posted:

That's why I use golden dollars when I go to a strip club.

Make it hail on them hoes.

I've actually wondered for a while how it works in Canadian strip clubs. Is $5 the minimum tip, or do you just toss loonies and toonies up on the stage?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Captain Trips posted:

I've actually wondered for a while how it works in Canadian strip clubs. Is $5 the minimum tip, or do you just toss loonies and toonies up on the stage?

$5 at least, although I'm sure some people are dumb/cheap and try to pull stuff with coins.

Having said that, you can get a full contact lapdance for $10 and we don't do bullshit no-nudity allowed anywhere ever like in some states. This is based on my last time at a strip club like 10 years ago, though, so they could be using some weird points system now for all I know.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

univbee posted:

$5 at least, although I'm sure some people are dumb/cheap and try to pull stuff with coins.

Having said that, you can get a full contact lapdance for $10 and we don't do bullshit no-nudity allowed anywhere ever like in some states. This is based on my last time at a strip club like 10 years ago, though, so they could be using some weird points system now for all I know.

It's bizarre, I think it all varies depending on where you are in the States. For example, since moving to Ohio, no one tips on stage, ever, so dancers are always confused when I walk up and try to tip them.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

It's bizarre, I think it all varies depending on where you are in the States. For example, since moving to Ohio, no one tips on stage, ever, so dancers are always confused when I walk up and try to tip them.

Ohioan here, tipping on stage is normal in every club I've been to. Might just be that one.

Though, the stage tipping area is known as "creep row", so that might be why.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Captain Trips posted:

Ohioan here, tipping on stage is normal in every club I've been to. Might just be that one.

Though, the stage tipping area is known as "creep row", so that might be why.

Which area? I have to drive to Dayton.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Snowy posted:

Basically anywhere with a dog track nearby.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

univbee posted:

So it's not like feeding a parking meter?

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

AFewBricksShy posted:

So it's not like feeding a parking meter?

Well, it's definitely not a credit-card swipe.

beer pal
Mar 30, 2010

Captain Trips posted:

Make it hail on them hoes.

Yeah you more or less throw coins at them. The clubs I've been to, after she finishes dancing, the stripper goes around perv row with a rolled up piece of paper, and if you get your coin in it, she gives you a magnet or a poster or something. Or sometimes they like... wet a spot on their body and you get a prize if you can get a coin to stick to them.

e: oh and when she's done, a dude comes on stage with a magnet on a stick to get all the coins she missed

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

feat. posted:

Yeah you more or less throw coins at them. The clubs I've been to, after she finishes dancing, the stripper goes around perv row with a rolled up piece of paper, and if you get your coin in it, she gives you a magnet or a poster or something. Or sometimes they like... wet a spot on their body and you get a prize if you can get a coin to stick to them.

e: oh and when she's done, a dude comes on stage with a magnet on a stick to get all the coins she missed

That's it! If Obama doesn't get re-elected, I'm moving to Canada!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
If I remember the places in Canada I've been to correctly, there were often little containers on the edge of the stage that most people put their coins in and when she was done, the dancer would just pick them up and empty them into like a hat or some larger container she had hiding just offstage or something.

Or, if you're really :airquote: lucky, :airquote:, you put the coin in your mouth, bend your back over onto the stage, and she'll pick it up out of your mouth without using her hands.

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013

feat. posted:

Are Canadian coins made out of magnetic metal or what?

beer pal
Mar 30, 2010

ILL ON PZONES posted:

ya

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

ILL ON PZONES posted:

Loonies and toonies are both made of plated steel.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

feat. posted:

and if you get your coin in it, she gives you a magnet
[...]
and when she's done, a dude comes on stage with a magnet on a stick to get all the coins she missed
That one coin you get in practically pays for itself if you're quick.

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013

Captain Trips posted:

Loonies and toonies are both made of plated steel.

I feel like there's a heist movie plot here.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Captain Trips posted:

Well, it's definitely not a credit-card swipe.
Cyberpunk rear end crack, coming soon.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
"Pika! Pika Pika Pika! Pika Pika!"
"What?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

• Locked thread