Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Brunom1 posted:

By the by, if I remember correctly, you skipped a step in that "Judith's spear" sidequest which was to check that room with the weapons Ghasfarost AGAIN (which connects to Rita's Blastia names and Judith's terrorism sidequests).

How the hell you're supposed to know this without a guide? No idea but if you don't do it before it gets locked out, you lose out on the sole reward of this game-long sidequest (even if you only miss one scene, you're screwed).

Fun, fun!

well clearly your first thought after getting the gang back together should be "hey, we never did find where they stashed Judith's spear back at the tower, LETS GO BACK :downs:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
So what I gathered from that last plot dump with Iodine is that the Don is mad at the empire for using their big gun, Iodine couldn't stop the imperial knights from using their big gun because they only listen to the emperor. Iodine can't become the emperor because the macguffin you need was lost in a war years ago, and according to Raven that's why they don't have an emperor.

So I guess the imperial knights just make up their own orders?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Singh Long posted:

[...]and Earnest Evans...yes.

Since you brought it up, it should be noted that the studio that makes Tales game used to go by the name of Wolf Team.

Yes, the same Wolf Team that made some of those awful Sega CD games that slowbeef and Diabetus RP'd.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Pyrovile posted:

So what I gathered from that last plot dump with Iodine is that the Don is mad at the empire for using their big gun, Iodine couldn't stop the imperial knights from using their big gun because they only listen to the emperor. Iodine can't become the emperor because the macguffin you need was lost in a war years ago, and according to Raven that's why they don't have an emperor.

Well, uh, yes, actually

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Pyrovile posted:

The Don is mad because he found out the Empire has a big gun in the first place (and he doesn't), and Iodine thinks they shouldn't have used the giant ship and thus shown their hand.

As for the knights, it would seem that without an emperor they are currently accountable to nobody, which makes me suspect that someone at the top of the knight's chain of command is going to fight to maintain the current state of affairs and then get Yuri'ed off a bridge before the end of the game.

Helmet 10 Warehouse
Jul 21, 2007

I was going through previous updates to get some more out of frame picture of Repede and I found this gem.

Can you find Repede? I don't know how they're going to top this.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Kuvo posted:

So I missed the zodiac spear already?

Thanks Obama Vicas

Nah, you can still get it currently, you just need to do some backtracking. The cut-off point is soon though. You basically need to go back to Aspio once for a scene, and then the Tower of Gears once.

Oh, and if you do backtrack, there is a spell for Raven in the Tree City, and a skill after that in the other port.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

That's actually physics. There's some subtle wind going through most areas, you can see it on some parts of the clothing too. It's kinda weird that they have a full physics engine and barely use it for anything outside of battles.

Judging by the animations it doesn't look like physics. It looks more like a static animation set to the hair meshes.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
After playing through Xillia and having to suffer through scene after scene of the party (and Jude in particular) being obviously uncomfortable about Alvin remaining in the party but being too shy/embarassed to say anything, it's nice to see Yuri just walk up to Raven and no-nonsense tell him that he really doesn't want Raven to be there. The best protagonist. :allears:

Also I never noticed that that throwaway council member didn't even get a nametag. Not even something like "Councilman". Nothing. That's terrible. :smith:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Helmet 10 Warehouse posted:

I was going through previous updates to get some more out of frame picture of Repede and I found this gem.

Can you find Repede? I don't know how they're going to top this.

The perfect blocking by Estelle's head is better imo.

Non-EuclideanCat
Nov 9, 2009

Pyrovile posted:

That's more or less exactly right, except it's that they had the big gun in the first place and didn't tell anyone. The one at the top of the knights is Commandant Alexei, who presumably would answer to the emperor if there was one. Without one, he might be the highest law in the land depending on how much power the Council has over the knights, but I don't think they have much at all. He definitely gets executive order over the knights.

silentbrains
Mar 18, 2009

Neruz posted:

The perfect blocking by Estelle's head is better imo.

I kinda like this one.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

I like Rita's dedication to the scientific method. "Someone already did research on it, I'm not going to verify poo poo."

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

Ep 35: Shmurphy Youtube

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Sadly, in the PS3 version, Tokunaga and his afro completely vanish from the story after 5 minutes, as Patty literally gets puked onto the ship after being eaten by one of those mermen and replaces his as captain (he gets anime injury from one of the offscreen fish).

Singh Long
Oct 9, 2012
And now we get to experience the annoying gimmick the ghost ship has to offer. At least that crab sort of makes it worth it.

Sidenote: If you couldn't tell, Judith and Kaufman share the same VA.

Also, Kuvo, I think you should trying to avoid using healing artes. You'll thank me later.

Singh Long fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Dec 18, 2013

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Somebody pick up Smurphy's Slaw. Any time something can go wrong with him, it will. Jesus Christ Smurphy.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Kuvo posted:

:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

Ep 35: Shmurphy Youtube

Estelle actually DOES get better and better at high-fives in her victory quotes as the game progress.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Estelle's got nothing on Alvin and Leia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khpt0TvgR3g

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

No jet sounds, no brohug, 3/5

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Kuvo posted:

No jet sounds, no brohug, 3/5

Were you looking for...

Derpes
Oct 5, 2010
Is this better?

Also, Kuvo, your party will stop complaining about hunger if you actually cook food instead of letting them starve.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Derpes posted:

Also, Kuvo, your party will stop complaining about hunger if you actually cook food instead of letting them starve.

Actually don't do this the results are worth it I promise. Let everyone starve :getin:

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
DOG FOOD FOR ALL.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Good

Better

Best

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
This is getting ridiculous. :v:

Also, does this count as a high five? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItzslynRhwg

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Talking about high-fives. This is one high-five you can't forget. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fsTc6CX7fU

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Edmond Dantes posted:

This is getting ridiculous. :v:

It went past ridiculous a long time ago and has been steadily getting more and more absurd with every cutscene. Whoever is responsible for this is a goddamn artist.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

He's behind Rita's shoulder, right?

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Level Slide posted:

He's behind Rita's shoulder, right?

Yep, the ears are the only tell.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Those are not even his ears, it's that fan-with-a-mask weapon he's using; they mention it in the video at one point he's offscreen, if it wasn't for having that weapon equipped, you wouldn't even be able to see him.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Edmond Dantes posted:

Those are not even his ears, it's that fan-with-a-mask weapon he's using; they mention it in the video at one point he's offscreen, if it wasn't for having that weapon equipped, you wouldn't even be able to see him.

Actually I think you can just see his nose under the bow, but it's hard to tell because its all pretty much the same colour.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Please call it by its proper name, the Tengu Weedsword, tyia

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Please call it by its proper name, the Tengu Weedsword, tyia

I GIS'd "Vesperia Repede Weapons" to see if I could find a picture of it.

I ended up finding a full-body Repede fursuit. :cripes:

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Edmond Dantes posted:

I GIS'd "Vesperia Repede Weapons" to see if I could find a picture of it.

I ended up finding a full-body Repede fursuit. :cripes:

Did you buy it?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

fivre posted:

Did you buy it?

No international shipping.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
The item icon doesn't seem to have the mask on it, it looks like.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wonder if Cold Steel make the Tengu Weedsword?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I really need to stop doing Repede-related searches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Edmond Dantes posted:

I really need to stop doing Repede-related searches.

The one time you want him out of shot :stare:

• Locked thread