Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
I know its probably been gone over a million times but why the hell do Dice bother with the single player campaign? Its laughably bad.
Just bounces you into different places with the only story being given to you as two people talking while a ship goes by? Jesus its painful to play.

For BF5 just dump it and spend the time on chasing bugs in the multiplayer for gently caress sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I totally ghost rode a Jiquad into an enemy who spawned with the engineer repairing the target tank. Thank god for the spawn system and server text chat.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

TjyvTompa posted:

On Flood Zone, if you select to spawn at A you will spawn up on the roof really close to B.

I love doing this, great protip.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
I'm just a little disappointed the closest thing we have to a Christmas map is Locker. Bring back Nelson Bay.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

What's the point of passive radar missiles on the mobile AA? Heatseekers don't need to maintain lock and both are able to be flared. Do they do different damage or something?

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.

Bigsteve posted:

I know its probably been gone over a million times but why the hell do Dice bother with the single player campaign? Its laughably bad.
Just bounces you into different places with the only story being given to you as two people talking while a ship goes by? Jesus its painful to play.

For BF5 just dump it and spend the time on chasing bugs in the multiplayer for gently caress sake.

The campaign is really cringe inducing. But they could always just go goofy like they did with Bad Company.

I guess I'm old school in that I feel like these games MUST have single player but they should better incorporate how the game really plays. So as one character talks about patriotism and his wife and kid back home a scout helicopter appears with c4 strapped to it and get's blown up by an EOD bot that has a French accent.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Hey Xboners, I'll be on tonight around 7pm EST If anyone wants to play. Maybe we can do some conquest!

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like a golden god on any map where they get a blowtorch kill on an enemy engineer, then on the tank they were repairing?

With the sniper rifles, I noticed almost all of them are maxed out on both damage and accuracy in the stats screen. When you get the higher end rifles, does their damage actually go up or is it just some variance in hipfire/stability and bullet speed?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Fellatio del Toro posted:

This game only has two spawn points:

1) 1 mile from the control point you selected, on the opposite side of where you wanted to be

2) Directly in front of a currently firing enemy

I've spawned directly infront of a LMG that was firing into a teammate. That was neat.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

DeathSandwich posted:

With the sniper rifles, I noticed almost all of them are maxed out on both damage and accuracy in the stats screen. When you get the higher end rifles, does their damage actually go up or is it just some variance in hipfire/stability and bullet speed?

The various rifles have different damage dropoffs at different ranges. You can sperg over minutiae of variation to your heart's content with some of the symthic charts. Here's the one for sniper rifles:

http://symthic.com/bf4-weapon-charts?recon=1&sort=Class&adsc=DESC&attc1=None&attc2=None

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So aside from missed xp events, if I get Premium, I get all the other weekly tangible items that have already been released?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yes. Enjoy those BLACK DOG TAGS!

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

What's the point of passive radar missiles on the mobile AA? Heatseekers don't need to maintain lock and both are able to be flared. Do they do different damage or something?

Think IGLA vs Stingers. Passive Radar can relock targets that break lock while Heatseekers are just gone forever. They're really good against idiots who loiter in open sight of the MAA. This isn't really that useful in practice though because anything loitering near MAA is going to get chewed up by cannons but you can exploit it agaist Scout Helo nerds by hitting them with all 4 missiles in a short time span.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Hey is drekins still posting around these parts?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Bigsteve posted:

This is pretty much my number one wishlist bullet point for this franchise. The number of man-hours required to build even a terrible and short campaign would go a really long way to hardening the multiplayer experience that people are buying the game to have.

My theory is that they keep making campaigns to avoid dealing with the customer service nightmare of people with offline consoles buying retail discs from Gamestop and getting them home and realizing they can't do anything with them. BF1943 was purely 100% multiplayer (and maybe the least broken BF game ever released) because it was downloadable only and they could assume that anyone who could download it could also then play it online. Back when the Xbone was going to require a persistent Internet connection, Titanfall was announced as a purely multiplayer title with no single-player experience. And Respawn had some choice comments on why, to boot. Now that rubes will be able to buy a Titanfall disc and stick it in their offline console, I'm not sure what's going to happen with that. Will they have to throw in some sort of offline mode? Or will they just paste a huge sticker on every box that says ONLINE REQUIRED? I'm bummed that Xbone is now usable offline for the express reason that it will dissuade publishers from putting out multiplayer only products. Why are games even expected to have both? I think the only game I've ever cared about both in was The Last of Us, and that MP mode was a huge surprise to me. I don't see why the marketplace can't be divided into online and offline games. They could even be on separate shelves at retail, or whatever.

Sorry :words: this is obviously something I've thought a lot about.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

You know, the trouble with this game is that I can never tell if I'm getting better, the people I'm fighting against are bad or the weapon I'm using is just one of those insanely powerful ones that wins you engagements. I unlocked the ACE 52 CQB the other day and I managed to do really good with it. More damage than the average carbine, 25 round magazine and really stable. I unlocked all the attachments pretty quickly. In this case I think it might be one of the more powerful guns since it's high up on the kill count list on the Battlefield 4 goons stat tracker.

Another gun I found myself doing pretty good with was the PP-2000. Its stats are nothing special but the thing is smooth as butter. It hardly moves even at full auto. It's a pretty fun gun to use.

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax
Crosspostin' - Pretty amazing glitch if you're bored and interested in trolling some air superiority servers:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2QNxGEvgqA

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

So if you've done a PS3 to PS4 upgrade, your preorder of China Rising doesn't apply for the PS4 version, at least in the EU.
The outer cover of the PS3 case doesn't mention that the China Rising content doesn't carry over with your digital upgrade. The insert with the DLC code on it doesnt state that the DLC won't upgrade alongside your game. There is no mention to the effect that your preorder code is useless if you digitally upgrade at all. The PS4 menu clearly states the content is free but you have to pay.
It just doesn't because they've decided it doesn't.

EA are just so, so bad. You're basically being punished for being a more loyal customer by buying the game earlier than you would otherwise have done if you waiting for a new console version. I'm sure trading standards wouldn't be impressed but I don't think I want to waste my time on EA any further, considering the hassle I've had with FIFA 14 being unplayable on PS4.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Aurain posted:

So if you've done a PS3 to PS4 upgrade, your preorder of China Rising doesn't apply for the PS4 version, at least in the EU.
The outer cover of the PS3 case doesn't mention that the China Rising content doesn't carry over with your digital upgrade. The insert with the DLC code on it doesnt state that the DLC won't upgrade alongside your game. There is no mention to the effect that your preorder code is useless if you digitally upgrade at all. The PS4 menu clearly states the content is free but you have to pay.
It just doesn't because they've decided it doesn't.

EA are just so, so bad. You're basically being punished for being a more loyal customer by buying the game earlier than you would otherwise have done if you waiting for a new console version. I'm sure trading standards wouldn't be impressed but I don't think I want to waste my time on EA any further, considering the hassle I've had with FIFA 14 being unplayable on PS4.

Wow. Holy poo poo. That has class action lawsuit written all over it.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Stuff like that is why I didn't do any upgrade nonsense and just waited to buy BF4 on Xbone.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I forgot to mention that the EA support rep I spoke to in order to try and get a working PS4 DLC code said that premium status doesnt upgrade either. So that means that if you bought the PS3 copy and then bought Premium and then upgraded to PS4 after that, they want you to cough up another £40 on top of the £90 you've already paid for BF4 on PS3, BF4 Premium PS3 and the £10 upgrade fee. Thankfully, I never bought premium but some poor souls will have.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Aurain posted:

I forgot to mention that the EA support rep I spoke to in order to try and get a working PS4 DLC code said that premium status doesnt upgrade either. So that means that if you bought the PS3 copy and then bought Premium and then upgraded to PS4 after that, they want you to cough up another £40 on top of the £90 you've already paid for BF4 on PS3, BF4 Premium PS3 and the £10 upgrade fee. Thankfully, I never bought premium but some poor souls will have.

drat, I was just about to ask if at least premium carried over. If you have the game on 360 and then buy the xbone version, do you have to start over from rank 1?

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!

TjyvTompa posted:

drat, I was just about to ask if at least premium carried over. If you have the game on 360 and then buy the xbone version, do you have to start over from rank 1?

Premium apparently does carry over, says so here: http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/premium

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Aurain posted:

Whoa, well now that is offside. I'm not sure they ever said anything about China Rising, but they explicitly said (it's even still there; see below) on that battlefield.com/upgradeoffer web page that Premium would carry over. But I think it would be reasonable to assume from this that the free DLC pack would also carry over, and that's why I think they'll be sued if they stick to that line.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm glad the rep was wrong about that then, if nothing else. My brother was reading the conversation with me and I've just asked him if I was right about that and he remembers that being said too. The representative I was speaking to had rather poor English which made communicating difficult and may have resulted in confusion on their end.

It's a bad situation though when these people employed to fix problems are giving out false information which can be disproven by their own websites.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

The SOFLAM bug is pretty neat but I spent like three straight games doing nothing but marking and lasering targets and it resulted in maybe four vehicles destroyed.

I did see an astonishing number of players fire missiles into the ceiling and then I guess stop trying out of embarrassment.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

The SOFLAM bug is pretty neat but I spent like three straight games doing nothing but marking and lasering targets and it resulted in maybe four vehicles destroyed.

I did see an astonishing number of players fire missiles into the ceiling and then I guess stop trying out of embarrassment.

Missiles should be able to go through ceilings :colbert:

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Aurain posted:

I'm glad the rep was wrong about that then, if nothing else. My brother was reading the conversation with me and I've just asked him if I was right about that and he remembers that being said too. The representative I was speaking to had rather poor English which made communicating difficult and may have resulted in confusion on their end.

It's a bad situation though when these people employed to fix problems are giving out false information which can be disproven by their own websites.

I have an extra ps4 china rising code if you want it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

V for Vegans posted:

I have an extra ps4 china rising code if you want it.

That'd be awesome! Thanks!
I don't have PMs here but you can email me at dan.h1389 at googlemail.com.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Does anyone else have a spare China Rising code? My BF4 preorder didn't come with one included.

IceOrb, the code you sent me didn't work :( PSN message me it and I'll double check it.

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT

Beelzebozo posted:

Whoa, well now that is offside. I'm not sure they ever said anything about China Rising, but they explicitly said (it's even still there; see below) on that battlefield.com/upgradeoffer web page that Premium would carry over. But I think it would be reasonable to assume from this that the free DLC pack would also carry over, and that's why I think they'll be sued if they stick to that line.

Premium absolutely carried over from X360 to Xbone. I'd have assumed from that that redeeming China Rising on 360 would also have counted as redeemed on the Xbone. Unfortunately all the people I play BF4 with have poor impulse control and therefore all have Premium so I don't know for sure.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Hamburlgar posted:

Does anyone else have a spare China Rising code? My BF4 preorder didn't come with one included.

IceOrb, the code you sent me didn't work :( PSN message me it and I'll double check it.

Messaging on PSN, one sec.

If it still doesn't work I'd wager the content is region locked.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

My premium carried over on PS4 just fine. Was it bouggt on a share account or anything?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

It might not entirely be their fault, the lock on in this game is a touch :downs: and will occasionally do dumb poo poo like lock onto empty turrets in the distance instead of the tank aiming it's cannon right at you that also happens to be closer. The PLD is particularly guilty of it.

Got to admit I would be one of those who buys premium, but I'm planning to pick up a PS4 when my 360 finally dies, so it definitely won't carry over. But all the shiny things... :allears: By the way, anyone who's picked up Premium later, do you get the previous free battlepacks, or only what drops while you're paid up?

limited fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 19, 2013

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled

Scarf posted:

Hey is drekins still posting around these parts?

That is a thing of beauty. I will ensure he sees it.

E: "OMG OMG OMG Jesus haha"

DELETED fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Dec 20, 2013

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

limited posted:

By the way, anyone who's picked up Premium later, do you get the previous free battlepacks, or only what drops while you're paid up?

For me it gave me a number of retroactive battlepacks for previous months right off the bat. I only picked up this game at the launch of the PS4 and Premium a few weeks later.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED

IceOrb posted:

Messaging on PSN, one sec.

If it still doesn't work I'd wager the content is region locked.

Yup, region locked :(

In that case, does anyone have a spare EU China Rising code?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Someguy posted:

Crosspostin' - Pretty amazing glitch if you're bored and interested in trolling some air superiority servers:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2QNxGEvgqA

I didn't even know this mode had launched. It just says I can't play when I try it. Is it for premium only or something?

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

NESguerilla posted:

I didn't even know this mode had launched. It just says I can't play when I try it. Is it for premium only or something?
It's part of China Rising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I tried to share this before but I got the link wrong somehow.

I sneak up on a tank and plant mines in front of it, then lure the driver forward over them, then promptly shoot down a chopper from long range with an RPG.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=60BC5095134FFD51!106&authkey=!AGLGKKOMFnV7OAU&ithint=video%2c.mp4

I hope you guys think I'm cool. :ohdear:

• Locked thread