Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
New Hotfix patch:

Changes:

- Doubled chance of getting a Rare plant in your Cicero Crisis mission.
- Removed plant spawns from first room in Cicero Crisis. Tenno on the Nice List this holiday season! The Plants Remain! Orokin Weed resists even developer fingers!

Fixes:

- Fixed elemental damage upgrade mods not applying to the splash & embed damage from projectiles (Stug, Ogris, Torid, Penta etc). Also removed zero damage stat displays weapons that have no base damage (just explosion damage). This is likely a major buff to elemental weapons, we will be monitoring this closely as it is likely going to be rebalanced.
- Fixed aiming and shooting knocking you out of a wallrun or slide.
- Fixed revive + scan exploit.
- Fixed Orokin Derelict Survival missions not giving guaranteed keys at 15 minute mark.
- Saryn fixes/buffs *actually* integrated. (11.5.0 notes).
- Fixed infinite Ammo exploit with Stug.
- Fixed Cernos string bug (https://forums.warfr...g-doesnt-relax/)
- Fixed Ground pounds (Heavy Gunner, Bombard, Napalm, etc) not knocking down clients.
- Fixed projectile embedded/explosion radial damage on clients.
- Fixed solar map XP not being factored into player progress bar calculations when first shown immediately after logging in.
- Fixed Oberon's Smite being useless in Conclaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

The Jumpoff posted:

Changes:

- Removed plant spawns from first room in Cicero Crisis. Tenno on the Nice List this holiday season! The Plants Remain! Orokin Weed resists even developer fingers!

Wait, so does this mean that Jadeleaf/Dragonlilies don't spawn at the start anymore? That's loving dumb.

InfiniteNoodles
Jul 9, 2008
They do. It sounds like they're trying to patch it but it didn't work.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Sandweed posted:

I miss the old Ember, an untouchable queen of fire. Overheat + World on Fire, laugh all the way to extraction.

I always bring out the Ember three step procedure - Get in the middle of the poo poo, survive getting into the middle of the poo poo, burn the poo poo.
Step 1 is not built-in, Step 2 got nerfed and now outright pulled.
Denzine tells me Fireball is on its way to being kind of good, and I like hearing this, but it means Ember has yet another step 3 but not quite because self-damage for god's sake how did that even happen DE get that fixed.

The hellstep teleport that came up in the past was an amazing concept and should be folded into Fire Blast. Ragdoll implosion at start point, Fire Blast ring at endpoint, thus giving a step 1 and 3 hybrid power. I want a nightmare frame that gets up close fast, DE wants a damage caster, everyone is happy.

World on Fire does not act as advertised (it never really did, with a 3 target limit). In part, I understand it is somewhat broken (one target limit is apparently not intended?) - obviously, this should be fixed. The new effect screams for AOE damage even more than the old effect, and why shouldn't it have AOE while Molecular Prime and Shield Polarize exist? We can't deliberately target this power in the first place, AND it has a target limit. The random nearby eruptions should be doing AOE damage too since, again, they are untargetable and occur within a relatively constrained area. In fact, all of the eruptions should be knocking dudes on their asses with direct hits. They're clearly mirroring Ruk's ground eruption with the new effect, and I'm pretty sure Ruk's ground eruption has a knockdown.

People can argue that Accelerant having a Radial Blind like effect is survivability through CC, but I think that's a poor excuse and still prefer tank Overheat. Not to mention a pseudo Radial Blind on something like Ember seems a little out of place. Honestly, these new 100% fire procs from her powers should be causing every enemy they hit to :supaburn:. I have no suggestion on survivability other than to bring back tank Overheat, but if Accelerant is here to stay, it could stand to be a little more interesting with the damage bonus.

DE wants her to be a pure caster, then I think she needs another angle, and that DE needs to embrace the pyromania more.
Ember's old targets of choice, light infested, are no longer on the map consistently, and at the same time it looks like armor's coming back. Another video game pyromaniac gives us this bit of wisdom regarding armor:

Anomaly 2 Hell Hound posted:

EVEN METAL BURNS
Ember needs a Meltdown power or power synergy effect that fucks armor like Mag fucks shields. Perhaps incorporate this into Accelerant.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

QuantaStarFire posted:

Wait, so does this mean that Jadeleaf/Dragonlilies don't spawn at the start anymore? That's loving dumb.

They're trying to stop all the people who just search the start and reload if they don't get the Jadeleaf/Dragonlilies. But of course, it looks like they failed at that in this patch.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

The Jumpoff posted:

- Fixed revive + scan exploit.

:rip:

At least I've got like 20 Moon rares each to show for it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Should I buy a Sicarus? The Lato is SO BAD and I only just got to Venus and it doesn't look like I'll be building Kunai anytime soon since Morphics seem to be impossible to get. I didn't like the Lex that much when I had it on PC, the aiming was too fiddly.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Fuzz posted:

Should I buy a Sicarus? The Lato is SO BAD and I only just got to Venus and it doesn't look like I'll be building Kunai anytime soon since Morphics seem to be impossible to get. I didn't like the Lex that much when I had it on PC, the aiming was too fiddly.

Morphics are really common on Mars once you get there. Or one of us can run you through to get some if you want.

I really wouldn't recommend the Sicarus though. Go Aklato before Sicarus.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

So are the dragonlily and jadeleaf of equal rarity? I've got 4 of the one and none of the other so far.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Fuzz posted:

The Sicarus felt much worse than the Lato for me. And for comparison, I maxed the Lato as the first sidearm I did. I didn't touch the Sicarus until I had a really good set of mods to use.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Fuzz posted:

Just wait till you can get the Kraken.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
If you're having trouble aiming with the Lex, you're not going to have a good time with the Sicarus.

If it weren't for the neurode requirements, I'd suggest the Bronco. I'm using the duals now and oh my god they're the most effective thing I have.

Also, the Grakata changes have made it go from a joke weapon that wasn't even putting out numbers in a lot of cases to a scary bullet hose.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Cowcaster posted:

So are the dragonlily and jadeleaf of equal rarity? I've got 4 of the one and none of the other so far.
Jadeleaf is much less common.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
The Sicarus more or less requires a maxed Steady Hands mod to not suck badly. Once you have the mod and it stops bouncing all over the place with recoil, it's a very sound weapon.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
So apparently this event is happening. I'm away from my PC until 12/28, so I'll miss it entirely, but is there anything mod-wise that will be handed out that I'll need to haggle for when I get back? I'm OK with missing Wraith Twin Vipers because this game is still too much easy shootmans for me to care about missing a trophy weapon when I have most of the non-event endgame guns + biggest clantech guns + Strun Wraith, but it'd be nice to know if I want to chase mod X or Y.

nvm, I gots time.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 21, 2013

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

The 50 point reward is a 4-pack of mods that boost toxin damage and status chance. Probably one for each weapon type. Odds are they'll end up as Nightmare rewards in U12, if the past is any indicator.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

zgrowler2 posted:

So apparently this event is happening. I'm away from my PC until 12/28, so I'll miss it entirely, but is there anything mod-wise that will be handed out that I'll need to haggle for when I get back? I'm OK with missing Wraith Twin Vipers because this game is still too much easy shootmans for me to care about missing a trophy weapon when I have most of the non-event endgame guns + biggest clantech guns + Strun Wraith, but it'd be nice to know if I want to chase mod X or Y.

The event is going until the 6th, so you have plenty of time.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Piell posted:

The event is going until the 6th, so you have plenty of time.

Wow. Change of pace for DE. Sounds good. Thanks!

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
Can I get an invite to the PS4 clan? Steamshovel_Dan

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
What'd be a good secondary to compliment the Paris? Also swords, the twin ethers okay? I have a cronus right now.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Tokubetsu posted:

What'd be a good secondary to compliment the Paris? Also swords, the twin ethers okay? I have a cronus right now.
1. I'd say something that'll do well at close-medium range and can handle crowds reasonably well. Kunai or Hikou are solid bets, as is the Vasto/Dual Vastos.

2. They're alright (better than the Cronus at least), but nothing particularly special. If you actually want to do damage with melee I'd go for one of the heavy weapons instead (Galatine if you have the mastery, Orthos or Gram if not). Otherwise, pick up some Dual Zorens and get your mobility on.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Anything is better than a one handed sword.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I've been really digging the Ignis lately, but I'm wondering what secondaries are good with it. I've been sporting the Seer, but I'm wondering if there's better options available.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So I've got my Orthos building and just maxed out my Braton... think I might go Boltor next, but I need a shitload of Salvage and some more Neurodes, and I only just got about halfway through Earth. It was between Boltor, Hind, or Paris... which would you all pick? I was tempted to just grab a Strum so I wouldn't be wasting exp on a primary, but ehhh... I like having my Carrier with a cracked out Sweeper, blasting dudes in the face. I've also almost maxed out my Aklatos and was trying to figure out a new secondary... I have the Blueprint for Kunai, but it doesn't look like I will have the materials to make them anytime soon. How is the Vastos? It looks rad as hell. Alternatively for m invisible ninja melee man setup I was thinking maybe a Bronco would be a good idea.

Thoughts?

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
I couldn't get into the Bronco. Maybe Dual Broncos would be better though since the difference between Viper and Twin Vipers is like night and day. Don't get a single Viper btw, it's rather frustrating.

Vasto is great. I always bring that (or the Magnus, now) whenever I use a short range primary. It's very accurate, hits like a truck and fast reload. I've heard Dual Vastos is also great but there's supposed to be a drop in accuracy.

Personally I would go with the Boltor. It's very good now even with the armor change. It was great before because of its armor ignore, then crap when they changed armor, but now it's great again. Do remember that the projectile is not hitscan though. As for the Hind, I'm not digging its look, especially since my "realistic, boomy sound, military rifle" itch is getting nicely scratched by the Karak. I wouldn't recommend a bow until you got a ton of damage mods. If you enjoy Braton and want more of the same, Burston is pretty good.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I was just on an extermination mission when the Stalker decided to show up and ruin my day. Through him...Phorid...got vengeance.

I wasn't aware that horrid fleshbeasts were on Stalker's "Do Not Kill" list. Are they an endangered species or something?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Everyone gets along fine in the warframe universe, it's one big hug party, only the Lotus sends out her crazed assassines to randomly murder people of the tech guild, the space UN or the hippy mutants. So sometimes they hire that Stalker merc to get some revenge.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

QuantaStarFire posted:

I was just on an extermination mission when the Stalker decided to show up and ruin my day. Through him...Phorid...got vengeance.

I wasn't aware that horrid fleshbeasts were on Stalker's "Do Not Kill" list. Are they an endangered species or something?

The Stalker has a hardon for bosses probably because he couldn't prevent the Tenno from killing his bosses, the Orokin, or so he says.

I'm hearing chatter that Nova's Molecular Prime got nerfed. Haven't tested it myself yet. Supposedly the range and damage of the explosions got reduced a lot.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

wid posted:

The Stalker has a hardon for bosses probably because he couldn't prevent the Tenno from killing his bosses, the Orokin, or so he says.

I'm hearing chatter that Nova's Molecular Prime got nerfed. Haven't tested it myself yet. Supposedly the range and damage of the explosions got reduced a lot.

I was doing defenses this morning and had a Nova still blowing up entire levels with a wave of her arm, so if it got nerfed it didn't get nerfed a whole lot.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Corpus heads are ludicrously well armored and M.Prime looooves to headshot.

Also it's completely broken for clients. No AOE at all.

Still slows and causes increased damage though.

edit: Shield Polarize is also broken as client.

great patch de, and just in time for the weekend.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 21, 2013

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Fuzz posted:

So I've got my Orthos building and just maxed out my Braton... think I might go Boltor next, but I need a shitload of Salvage and some more Neurodes, and I only just got about halfway through Earth. It was between Boltor, Hind, or Paris... which would you all pick? I was tempted to just grab a Strum so I wouldn't be wasting exp on a primary, but ehhh... I like having my Carrier with a cracked out Sweeper, blasting dudes in the face. I've also almost maxed out my Aklatos and was trying to figure out a new secondary... I have the Blueprint for Kunai, but it doesn't look like I will have the materials to make them anytime soon. How is the Vastos? It looks rad as hell. Alternatively for m invisible ninja melee man setup I was thinking maybe a Bronco would be a good idea.

Thoughts?

Dual Vastos is decent. Strun is good. Boltor is probably the best of those three rifles (despite some goon hatred for the Boltor). I would really, really recommend the Kunai though, such an incredibly good weapon. Just get one of the PS4 goons to run you through to get the mats.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I just did a mission before and noticed that this persons M.Prime wasn't setting off a chain explosion. I figured that maybe he just hasn't leveled it up or something but it wouldn't surprised me at all if it was bugged.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Lawlicaust posted:

Dual Vastos is decent. Strun is good. Boltor is probably the best of those three rifles (despite some goon hatred for the Boltor). I would really, really recommend the Kunai though, such an incredibly good weapon. Just get one of the PS4 goons to run you through to get the mats.

The "goon hatred" for Boltor comes from before the patch that buffed its damage by like 40%.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Is there a way to find out when the day/night cycle on the mission is going to flip? Short of asking in this thread, "Hey when is the day/night cycle on the mission going to flip?"

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

Is there a way to find out when the day/night cycle on the mission is going to flip? Short of asking in this thread, "Hey when is the day/night cycle on the mission going to flip?"

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/The_Cicero_Crisis

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Dammit I even went to there before asking and glossed right over it. Thanks.

SteveMcQueen
Jun 16, 2005

My Nova just finished - are her other abilities worth much or should I just spam molecular prime?

[edit] Sounds good, thanks!

SteveMcQueen fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 21, 2013

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

SteveMcQueen posted:

My Nova just finished - are her other abilities worth much or should I just spam molecular prime?

Antimatter Drop can do a shitload of damage if used right and Wormhole is one of the best mobility spells around, so you definitely want both of those slotted. Null Star is kinda meh and you can skip that if you want to.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Molecular Prime is bugged to not deal radial damage when you're not hosting, so Nova is a little weak right now. Still worth using for the -50% speed debuff and 100% damage buff, but not room-clearing. Unless you're host.

So if you can host, go ahead and use Nova for whatever. If you can't, you should probably wait until DE fixes this. Monday, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

SteveMcQueen posted:

Molecular prime is so extremely good the answer is "not really". With a bit of setup, anti-matter bubble can be turned into a monstrous doom-sphere, but it's a niche use compared to molecular prime. Wormhole is sometimes good for breaking annoying map sections over your knee and a workaround for the "invisible locked door" bug. The little mote one is pretty lousy, like all level 1 abilities.